Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2012, 11:06 AM   #2596
addictedtonostalgia
Believing in the Invisible Lights

Did Grumpy start college classes today? I was thinking about him last night. I hope he has a great year!

Also hoping that Anakin continues to make strides at his schoolwork, sounds like he is quite the perfectionist!

professional DIS threads lurker
Old 08-20-2012, 02:28 PM   #2597
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post

Thanks! I didn't realize they didn't make the pain chips anymore. When did that stop? They had so many colored key chains at DTD, but after I bought my lime green there were only 2 more that color. It must be catching on!

He says he wants to go to Pennsylvania to Meme and Papa's, to Shady Maple, Zoo America and Chocolate World. He misses lightning bugs.
Not having a HD near us, I did not realize it until someone mentioned in another thread that they went to get some paint chips and found that the paint line had been discontinued.

Lightning bugs are few and far between now, the season is winding down. We had to turn our heat on yesterday! Never ever have I used heat in August before. We were in the 50s all day.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-20-2012, 04:34 PM   #2598
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Tink, I just FINALLY read up on everything and also saw your wonderful pics of the fun you have been having. Thank you for keeping us up-to-the-minute on the latest changes. I am so proud of JJ for not crying when he didn't get his cards. I know he will have them soon and will enjoy them. He looks so cute and is really growing. I hope we get to meet up in a few weeks!
Old 08-20-2012, 04:45 PM   #2599
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncycat View Post
I heard about the cards as well. Not sure if they're selling them out here, probably not because the game is out there. We still need #6 for the first 60, that card is gonna drive us nuts!! LOL So proud that Anakin didn't cry. Love the pics of the sword, and Love his Boba Fett hat!! Chris is a HUGE Boba Fett fan!!
Mulan? We don't have any extra Mulan or I'd send you one.

Chris and Tyler should check out my SWW TR, lots of Boba Fett pics. There is a link to all the updates in the 2nd post. Anakin even got Jeremy Bulloch's autograph!

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtonostalgia View Post
Did Grumpy start college classes today? I was thinking about him last night. I hope he has a great year!

Also hoping that Anakin continues to make strides at his schoolwork, sounds like he is quite the perfectionist!
Thanks for thinking of him. He didn't start yet, all his friends started today. He has his schedule so that he only has classes a few times a week.

Yes, a perfectionist in some things, not to much in other areas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
Not having a HD near us, I did not realize it until someone mentioned in another thread that they went to get some paint chips and found that the paint line had been discontinued.

Lightning bugs are few and far between now, the season is winding down. We had to turn our heat on yesterday! Never ever have I used heat in August before. We were in the 50s all day.
Heat?! My mom didn't even tell me about a cold front. We use to go to the shore the week of Labor Day weekend, since school didn't start til after Labor Day back then. I don't ever remember a cold August. June, yes. August, no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
Tink, I just FINALLY read up on everything and also saw your wonderful pics of the fun you have been having. Thank you for keeping us up-to-the-minute on the latest changes. I am so proud of JJ for not crying when he didn't get his cards. I know he will have them soon and will enjoy them. He looks so cute and is really growing. I hope we get to meet up in a few weeks!
Thanks. I hope we meet up too!
Old 08-20-2012, 11:25 PM   #2600
bouncycat
DIS Veteran

I was watching those pics while we were on the way out here. Looked like he really enjoyed that time. Not sure who # 6 is, I was prepared last time out there in case we came across someone with it, with a bunch of the stars just in case, but we didn't spend much time in MK, hopefully they'll have the card packs sorted out by the time we're back for my 40th, I'll buy a bunch then LOL

Old 08-21-2012, 12:06 PM   #2601
WDWRids
Ready to go back!!

Quote:
Thanks for the anniversary wishes!

We have stayed at all the values except AoA, but we have eaten there three times and walked the grounds. (At one point in time we set off to try each WDW resort, but we got stuck with our favorites and stay at the same ones over and over.)

AoA or Pop would be my first choices. AoA because it's over the top, and Pop because it is centrally located. The beds at Pop are very comfy. They got new matresses recently. We haven't stayed since they got the mini-fridge. But we have resies for Sept!!

If AoA or Pop wasn't available my next pick in a value is All Star Movies. It's the furthest away from anything, but I prefer the decor over Sports or Music. Also it seems most teen groups stay at Music or Sports and more families at Movies.

The only thing I don't like about a value resort is the size of the beds. I prefer a queen size to a double.

Can't wait to hear which value you choose!

I got a Nikkon 3100. After reading reviews, and seeing a sale at a store, we went with that. It's a very easy to use beginner camera. Right now, I'm using it as a point and shoot camera til I figure out what I'm doing. It was also very easy to download pictures from the camera to the computer without downloading any software. Though it does come with it's own software too.

The pictures of the construction were taken with a 50-200mm zoom lens, and the pictures of AoA were taken with the 18-50mm zoom lens. It is a bit of a pain to have to change lenses for close up vs far away pics.

My little lumix point and shoot has decent zoom and everything all built into a little compact camera and it was only $70, but it doesn't take pictures as crisp and clear as this new one.
Great info on the value resorts - thanks so much. Was thinking Pop looked much better for two adults with no kids I love some of the moderates but wanted to keep cost down for the next trip. Maybe I'll start off at a value and move up. Double beds could be a challenge both DH and I are long legged but who sleeps at WDW??? I'll keep you posted what we decide. Really looking forward to seeing everything for Christmas 2013.

Love the camera shots - not sure if I'm ready for the extra lens to juggle but getting close. With as much pictures as I take I should invest in one and get over my fears.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:21 PM   #2602
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Old 08-22-2012, 07:13 AM   #2603
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncycat View Post
I was watching those pics while we were on the way out here. Looked like he really enjoyed that time. Not sure who # 6 is, I was prepared last time out there in case we came across someone with it, with a bunch of the stars just in case, but we didn't spend much time in MK, hopefully they'll have the card packs sorted out by the time we're back for my 40th, I'll buy a bunch then LOL
I'm sure by then it should be!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWRids View Post
Great info on the value resorts - thanks so much. Was thinking Pop looked much better for two adults with no kids I love some of the moderates but wanted to keep cost down for the next trip. Maybe I'll start off at a value and move up. Double beds could be a challenge both DH and I are long legged but who sleeps at WDW??? I'll keep you posted what we decide. Really looking forward to seeing everything for Christmas 2013.

Love the camera shots - not sure if I'm ready for the extra lens to juggle but getting close. With as much pictures as I take I should invest in one and get over my fears.
If you're not in your room much the bed doesn't make that much of a difference.

Disney at Christmas is so beautiful! I wish the season lasted longer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Hey there!!

Star Wars Celebration starts on Thursday!! There are things from 10 in the morning til late at night. Not sure what all we'll get to see and do. Hoping there is a quiet spot somewhere for Anakin to take a nap. Although as soon as he hits his w/c he seems to fall asleep. He says the angle is relaxing. Somehow in between all this Star Wars stuff we have to fit in 3 days of school work. He likes working in the car, so we can do some of the things while traveling.
Old 08-22-2012, 05:40 PM   #2604
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
I'm sure by then it should be!

If you're not in your room much the bed doesn't make that much of a difference.

Disney at Christmas is so beautiful! I wish the season lasted longer!

Hey there!!

Star Wars Celebration starts on Thursday!! There are things from 10 in the morning til late at night. Not sure what all we'll get to see and do. Hoping there is a quiet spot somewhere for Anakin to take a nap. Although as soon as he hits his w/c he seems to fall asleep. He says the angle is relaxing. Somehow in between all this Star Wars stuff we have to fit in 3 days of school work. He likes working in the car, so we can do some of the things while traveling.

Oh that's great!! You know it's good he can sleep in his W/C. That makes life easier for you. Doing work in the car is great. If he can do it great! Loren would get car sick.

My two start back on Monday. Loren is "lucky" he gets some time off on Monday to go to the orthodontist.
Old 08-25-2012, 10:52 AM   #2605
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Hi Tink....will be back to get all caught up....just wanted to say Hi and hope all is going great!
Old 08-26-2012, 11:33 PM   #2606
kaoden39
Hugs

I am thinking about you all Michelle. I hope that you are out of the hurricanes path. My prayers are with you.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:29 AM   #2607
addictedtonostalgia
Believing in the Invisible Lights

Quote:
I am thinking about you all Michelle. I hope that you are out of the hurricanes path. My prayers are with you.
I echo those thoughts. Worried about everyone here on the DIS, hope everyone was safe and suffered no damage during the hurricane.

professional DIS threads lurker
Old 08-27-2012, 10:37 AM   #2608
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

hope you are all safe!
Old 08-27-2012, 11:00 AM   #2609
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I've been thinking of you guys all weekend. I hope that you are all safe and sound!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 08-27-2012, 05:28 PM   #2610
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

We are back from the convention! It was awesome!!

Quote:
Oh that's great!! You know it's good he can sleep in his W/C. That makes life easier for you. Doing work in the car is great. If he can do it great! Loren would get car sick.

My two start back on Monday. Loren is "lucky" he gets some time off on Monday to go to the orthodontist.
He only fell asleep once at the convention. There was too much he didn't want to miss.

How did the orthodontist go? Grumpy had his first day of class today. He loved it, but didn't like driving in the nasty weather to get there. The ride home was much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
Hi Tink....will be back to get all caught up....just wanted to say Hi and hope all is going great!
Welcome back! All is well!

Quote:
Since it shifted out to sea we are fine!! We've had rain and wind, but no flooding. Today we had moments of sun and moments of downpour. High is in the high seventies today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtonostalgia View Post
I echo those thoughts. Worried about everyone here on the DIS, hope everyone was safe and suffered no damage during the hurricane.
I am concerned about those on the coasts too. The wind and surf has been beating up the coast and I've seen pictures of flooding.

We are safe. We weren't home for the worst of it. We stayed overnight in Orlando last night for the convention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
hope you are all safe!
We are safe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I've been thinking of you guys all weekend. I hope that you are all safe and sound!
We are all safe and totally charged up from 4 days of awesomeness at the convention!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: