Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2012, 08:25 AM   #631
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran

I have love, love, loved this dining review and I'm so sad that it's come to an and. But you left me feeling so excited for my trip (one week from today!!) and my one night stay at the Boardwalk!

I have a list of things to do at WDW as well but the list that you made for Brenda is fantastic! And I love the photos that you've included in your review. I was so happy to finally match DDW with a face - you tease! I also get to meet emmysmommy next Thursday at CRT (our ADRs are 5 minutes apart so you can bet that I'll be on the hunt for her!). That sounds a bit stalkerish doesn't it?

I was unsure about breakfast at Kouzzina but now I might need to make that happen! Again, I have thoroughly enjoyed your reviews. Thanks for feeding my Disney food obsession!
Tracerr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:47 AM   #632
deenbrad
DIS Veteran

Brenda's doing pretty good with that list already! Love the pics! I think we should just keep your thread open as a chat thread!
off-site many times 1989-2009 (including half of our honeymoon in 1996!), Pop Century May 2011
deenbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-20-2012, 12:43 PM   #633
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by deenbrad View Post
Brenda's doing pretty good with that list already! Love the pics! I think we should just keep your thread open as a chat thread!
I agree! At least until Brenda gets home so we can keep track of the list! Wonderful pictures! Too funny about hiding Mr. DDW! Can't wait to meet up with Brenda next week!
- Mom and Son Going Back -Another 10 days of Deluxe Dining 8/25 - 9/5/2011
Mom and Son Eat the World -11 days of Deluxe Dining ~Mom and Son Eat the World Part 2-With Dad this Time

Offsite 1987, 1988, 1990; Grand Floridian - 1991 (Honeymoon); Port Orleans French Quarter - 1993, 1994; Animal Kingdom Lodge - July 2004 (DS's First Trip); Wilderness Lodge - July 2005; Yacht Club - August 2006; Mom & Son Weekend @ Contemporary Resort - April 2007; Port Orleans Riverside - August 2007; Mom & Son Trip to POP - August 2008; Family trip to POP - December 2009; Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel - July 2010; Pop Century - August 2011; AKL/CSR/ASMo - August 2012; Mom & Son Food & Wine Trip to ASMu - November 2012; Mom & Son Trip to Art of Animation - March 2013; Mom & Son Trip to Caribbean Beach - August 2013; Disney Dining Diva Trip at Pop - December 2013
GoofySon'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:39 PM   #634
jabead
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortStuff View Post
I've been following along and enjoying your reviews so much!!! I have also read some of your past reviews which have, I am sure caused me to gain weight as they have all made me so hungry!! lol

I travel to WDW with my daughter and grandsons who are 4 and 7. Unfortunately, the only TS meals that hold their interest right now are those with FURRY characters. For our trip in September, we are going to CM for dinner.

I will be excited when they are ready to eat more than chicken fingers or grilled cheese for my older grandson, or hot dogs or a cheeseburger for the little guy.

Thank you for the wonderful reviews!!
Hello ShortStuff! Thanks so much for following along with this review, and also reading some of my past reviews. So sorry about the weight gain...I guess that is one of the pitfalls we must contend with when we read all the wonderful Dining Reports here and see pictures of all the delicious Disney food.

I understand perfectly about the current "limitations" you have on Disney Dining. When our kids were younger we went to many, many Character meals, including Chef Mickey's...where we twirled our napkins over our heads at least three or four times. And my son ate so many chicken fingers on one of our trips that I thought for sure he would start "clucking" like a chicken. Though I greatly enjoy the more grown-up meals that we have now, I wouldn't give up th memories that I have from those Character meals for anything. Enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracerr00 View Post
I have love, love, loved this dining review and I'm so sad that it's come to an and. But you left me feeling so excited for my trip (one week from today!!) and my one night stay at the Boardwalk!

I have a list of things to do at WDW as well but the list that you made for Brenda is fantastic! And I love the photos that you've included in your review. I was so happy to finally match DDW with a face - you tease! I also get to meet emmysmommy next Thursday at CRT (our ADRs are 5 minutes apart so you can bet that I'll be on the hunt for her!). That sounds a bit stalkerish doesn't it?

I was unsure about breakfast at Kouzzina but now I might need to make that happen! Again, I have thoroughly enjoyed your reviews. Thanks for feeding my Disney food obsession!

I must admit that I had you in mind when I posted all those pics of the Boardwalk area. I really love the Boardwalk Resort and I hope you and Eilee (and the sausage too, of course) end up loving it too after your stay. Please take lots of pics for me while you are there. Though it's been only 3 months, I already miss it dearly.

Oh, and speaking of pictures...I was very excited to hear that you are also meeting up with Brenda. I would love to see a pic of the whole gang (including the sausage) together at Cindy's place!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deenbrad View Post

Brenda is doing a fantastic job! I think she has completed at least two more items from the list today. I'll let you know when I receive more details.

And regarding the open chat thread, you just might have something there, Denise! Anyone who hasn't started a Pre-Trip DR but would like to post a pic or two while at WDW as a sneak preview to their upcoming report, could post it here. Or for those people who do not want to commit to doing a full dining report but wouldn't mind posting an occasional pic/comment during there trip, then they could do that here. Hmm...this could work! It could be an ongoing live dining report and discussion thread. Anyone interested???

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan

Last edited by jabead; 08-20-2012 at 01:48 PM.
jabead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:47 PM   #635
jabead
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofySon'sMom View Post
I agree! At least until Brenda gets home so we can keep track of the list! Wonderful pictures! Too funny about hiding Mr. DDW! Can't wait to meet up with Brenda next week!

Great to hear from you, GoofySon'sMom! How are things in Ft. Lauderdale? Only 3 more days until you are checking-in at AKL!!!

Give Brenda a hug for me and don't forget to send me a pic!

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
Old 08-20-2012, 04:09 PM   #636
jerseytinkerbell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabead View Post

Thanks jerseytink! I hope you too will be able to return there very soon. Speaking of which, any news in that regard yet? And what about the possible move to Florida?
Nope, no news yet. They are dragging out his orientation for as long as humanly possible. DON'T THESE PEOPLE KNOW I HAVE DISNEY VACATIONS TO PLAN! The tentative plan is for him to work at his current location for the next 2 years while I go back to school for my business degree. We definitely want to be down in Florida within 2-3 years, but we want to make sure he can transfer to the area that we want to live in. We've got the ball rolling at least. A job that's transferable to Florida is step one!

Love the list you have for emmysmommy! Happy to see that she is already starting to check some things off the list. Boy, that picture is such a tease! You've got me hyped for both of their DRs now!
jerseytinkerbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 06:57 PM   #637
deenbrad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
And regarding the open chat thread, you just might have something there, Denise!
I had a good idea?! Yay!
off-site many times 1989-2009 (including half of our honeymoon in 1996!), Pop Century May 2011
deenbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 07:21 PM   #638
jabead
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseytinkerbell View Post
Nope, no news yet. They are dragging out his orientation for as long as humanly possible. DON'T THESE PEOPLE KNOW I HAVE DISNEY VACATIONS TO PLAN! The tentative plan is for him to work at his current location for the next 2 years while I go back to school for my business degree. We definitely want to be down in Florida within 2-3 years, but we want to make sure he can transfer to the area that we want to live in. We've got the ball rolling at least. A job that's transferable to Florida is step one!

Love the list you have for emmysmommy! Happy to see that she is already starting to check some things off the list. Boy, that picture is such a tease! You've got me hyped for both of their DRs now!

Two or three years will go by very quickly I'm sure and then you will be a Florida resident with all those lovely Florida resident discounts. I keep trying to convince my DH that when we retire we should become snowbirds and spend the winters in Florida, like so many people do around here. The problem is, I doubt if he ever retires. His father still works with him 6 days a week, and he will be 87 years old in December. But anyway, I still hope you manage to get in a few visits to Florida before you become a permanent resident there.

Although Brenda's Dining Report won't be starting for awhile (as she will be at WDW until the 30th), DDW has promised to start his tomorrow. And of course, I'll be sure to pass on to everyone any updates I receive from Brenda on her progress at completing the list.

Old 08-20-2012, 08:45 PM   #639
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Great to hear from you, GoofySon'sMom! How are things in Ft. Lauderdale? Only 3 more days until you are checking-in at AKL!!!

Give Brenda a hug for me and don't forget to send me a pic!
A bit crazy with all the critters but we are having a great time! Love seeing my nephew! Only getting to see him once a year, he changes sooooo much! He seems so much more grown up this year!

Will do on the hug and the pic!
- Mom and Son Going Back -Another 10 days of Deluxe Dining 8/25 - 9/5/2011
Mom and Son Eat the World -11 days of Deluxe Dining ~Mom and Son Eat the World Part 2-With Dad this Time

Offsite 1987, 1988, 1990; Grand Floridian - 1991 (Honeymoon); Port Orleans French Quarter - 1993, 1994; Animal Kingdom Lodge - July 2004 (DS's First Trip); Wilderness Lodge - July 2005; Yacht Club - August 2006; Mom & Son Weekend @ Contemporary Resort - April 2007; Port Orleans Riverside - August 2007; Mom & Son Trip to POP - August 2008; Family trip to POP - December 2009; Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel - July 2010; Pop Century - August 2011; AKL/CSR/ASMo - August 2012; Mom & Son Food & Wine Trip to ASMu - November 2012; Mom & Son Trip to Art of Animation - March 2013; Mom & Son Trip to Caribbean Beach - August 2013; Disney Dining Diva Trip at Pop - December 2013
GoofySon'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:36 PM   #640
jabead
DIS Veteran

As previously promised, I have compiled a list of Our Trip Favorites, as I seem to really enjoy making lists lately.

Our Favorite Breakfast Foods

Both DD1 & DD2's Favorite: Smoked Bacon Pizza with scrambled eggs, tomatoes, mozzarella and cheddar cheese and Ranch Dressing from Wolfgang Puck Express

My Honorable Mention: Kouzzina's French Toast Baklava - Grilled Fig and Anise country bread topped with baked apples, honey, walnuts and cinnamon with Bacon.

My Favorite: Kona Cafe's Pineapple-Macadamia Nut Pancakes - with macadamia nut butter, pineapple sauce and sausage

Our Favorite Beverages

DD1's Favorite: Raglan Road's Iced Irish - Ireland's answer to Starbucks with alcohol added of course.
Baileys Caramel Irish Cream, Butterscotch Schnapps, Bushmills whiskey & coffee topped off with fresh cream

DD2's Favorite: Jiko Sunriser - Parrot Bay coconut rum, Banana liqueur, orange, pineapple and cranberry juices
(the non-alcoholic version of this drink)

My Favorite: San Angel Inn's Avocado Margarita - El Mayor premium silver Tequila, melon liqueur, fresh avocado, agave nectar and fresh lime juice, served frozen with a hibiscus Himalayan salt rim.
(Also available at La Cava de Tequila and I think also at La Hacienda de San Angel)

Our Favorite Cheese Plates

Honorable Mention: Rose & Crown's Trio of United Kingdom Cheese with accompaniments
(Cheese Plate #1 of 7 on the Trip)

This was our first of many cheese plates on this trip and the BEST VALUE, as we got three cheeses for around $10 I believe. The three cheeses and their accompaniments were (shown in the picture from left to right): Cotswald Cheddar with radishes, Aged Irish Cheddar with cold fruit chutney, and my favorite...Stilton Blue cheese covered with honey and accompanied by a mixture of craisins and walnuts.

Our Unanimous Favorite: Jiko's Artisanal Cheese Selection
Five tasting portions of cheese from around the world with accompaniments - $14.00
(Cheese Plate #6 of the Trip)

The included cheeses were (pictured from left to right): MT TAM (Cow cheese from California), Pleasant Ridge Reserve (Cow, from Wisconsin), Fromage d'Affinois de Brebis (Sheep, from the Rhone-Alps region of France), Pecorino Toscano (Sheep, from Tuscany, Italy), and of course my favorite, the Valdeon Blue Cheese (Blend of Cow and Sheep, from Spain). Unfortunately I forgot to note the accompaniments but I remember that there was spiced fruit jam inside the cup and it was very tasty. The next one I'm not sure about but it may have been pieces of dried fig??? (I guess I'll go with that unless someone recognizes it to be something else ). Then we have dates, pear gelatin, and toasted baguette slices.

OUR FAVORITE ITALIAN DISH

Honorable Mention: Tutto Italia's Lasagna alla Bolognese - Traditional preparation with Emilia-Romagna (a region in Northern Italy) beef sauce (aka Bolognese sauce), béchamel (a creamy white sauce), and parmesan cheese.

Our Unanimous Favorite: Tutto Gusto's Rugetta e Patate - Corkscrew-shaped noodles with arugula, potato, pancetta, tomatoes, and pecorino cheese

Last edited by jabead; 08-21-2012 at 05:44 PM.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:05 PM   #641
ShortStuff
Mouseketeer

Oh my gosh, the Baklava french toast looks heavenly, but I think I would have to choose the macadamia nut or pumpkin pancakes over it!! Love the picture of DD2, when you 'made' her go to breakfast that she wouldn't even share! I could have given you some of the same examples, with my daughter and niece both looking that way!!

Looking forward to your next dining report!!
ShortStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:58 PM   #642
jabead
DIS Veteran

DD1's Favorite Graduation Celebration

Honorable Mention: Garden View Lounge Tea

DD1 with rose that she was presented at the GVL

Her Favorite: Jiko

Complimentary Dessert

Our Favorite Steak

DD1's Favorite: Narcoossee's Grilled Filet Mignon with a Red Wine Reduction and served with Boniato Mashed Potatoes and Asparagus

DD2's Favorite: California Grill's Oak-fired Filet of Beef served with Zuckerman's Farms Delta Asparagus, Truffled Potatoes, and Teriyaki Barbecue Sauce

My Honorable Mention: Bistro de France's Grilled Beef Tenderloin with mushroom "crust", Bordelaise sauce, and served with mashed potatoes (in picture below)

My Favorite: Yachtsman Steakhouse's 8-oz. Center Cut Filet Mignon with Cabernet Wine Sauce and served with Mashed Potatoes

Last edited by jabead; 08-20-2012 at 11:25 PM.
Old 08-20-2012, 11:24 PM   #643
jabead
DIS Veteran

Our Favorite Appetizers

DD1's Honorable Mention: Narcoossee's Crispy Calamari - with pepperoncini-olive relish and tomato coulis

DD1's Favorite: Le Cellier's Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup - Made with Moosehead Beer and Bacon

DD2's Honorable Mention: Jiko's Inguday Tibs in Brik - Mushrooms, spinach, and cheese in crispy Tunisian filo
with apples and curry vinaigrette

DD2's Favorite: Yak & Yeti's Pan-Seared Pork Pot Stickers with soy lime dipping sauce

My Honorable Mention: San Angel Inn's Tostadas de Tinga -Pulled chicken seasoned with roasted tomato and chipotle, served on tostadas with black refried beans, green tomatillo sauce, queso fresco and sour cream.

My Favorite: California Grill's Heirloom Tomato BLT Flatbread with Marinated Local Tomatoes, Applewood Bacon,
Chiffonade Romaine Lettuce, and Lemon Mayonnaise

MORE FAVORITES COMING SOON!

Last edited by jabead; 08-20-2012 at 11:37 PM.
Old 08-21-2012, 01:04 AM   #644
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

Yum, the french toast baklava looks so, so good. I should've tried to fit in Kouzzina this trip, but it slipped my mind. Oh well - next time. And I see you got the pictures

Now I'm enjoying reading through the favorites - the Tutto Gusto cavatappi and the BLT flatbread both look especially tempting right now.
DonaldDoleWhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:41 AM   #645
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

I love a good list and you are officially the queen of lists

Wonderful photos and fab descriptions

Shall we have a quick collection to send you back to WDW for more reviews ASAP
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: