Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2012, 11:54 AM   #1696
Reto
Baloo's Best Buddy:-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpee_1993 View Post
I have #19 on SB booked next month. DCL's website says floats are included. There's no mention of snorkel equipment but another poster (may have been another thread) stated that it is, you just have to go get it. I'd like to get more firm confirmation on the snorkel gear as well. Hubby & I were considering going to a local dive shop here at home & purchasing our own to bring.
Can't comment on the snorkel gear, but when I had #19 last November, I found the floating toys next to my cabana. Check my video at around 4:50 to see them: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMZILbWqtyI&feature=plcp

Have fun - #19 is a good location!
11/2012: 4 Nights Lion King Suite @ Art of Animation & 5 Nights Wilderness Lodge & 7 Nights Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean Cruise
05/2013: 4th WDW Visit - 7 Nights Saratogs Springs 2-Bedroom Villa
Reto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:59 AM   #1697
sweetpee_1993
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reto View Post
Can't comment on the snorkel gear, but when I had #19 last November, I found the floating toys next to my cabana. Check my video at around 4:50 to see them: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMZILbWqtyI&feature=plcp

Thank you! Your video totally sold me on that cabana. Plus, seems like the perfect fit for our 19th anniversary.
Disney Adventures: 1/04 POP, 1/05 POP, 2/06 POP, 1/07 POP, 12/07 CR, 5/08 POFQ sans kids, 1/09 CR, 5/09 Poly w/o the family, 1/10 AKL, 11/10 POFQ, 9/11 WL+DCL Dream+YC, 5/12 DCL Magic, 9/12 DCL Dream sans kids, 1/13 DCL Magic, 5/13 DCL Fantasy, 9/13 DCL Dream w/friends, 9/13 DCL Fantasy sans kids, 4/14 DLH/Disneyland, 9/14 DCL Dream w/friends, 9/14 DCL Wonder DD, 10/14 DCL Wonder DD

Other Adventures:
11/13 RCI Allure of the Seas

Future Adventures:
5/15 DCL Wonder WBPC
9/15 DCL Dream w/friends
sweetpee_1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-19-2012, 03:47 PM   #1698
DreamGirl90
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reto View Post

Nice video and the cabana looks great, but are there that many loungers and umbrellas directly in front of the adult cabanas? It isn't that there are too many people, but the beach looks packed with loungers and if that's how it is, I think we'll skip it. From others photos we've seen, we thought the "private beach" of the Serenity Bay cabanas did not have wall-to-wall loungers. I'm confused.
DreamGirl90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 04:02 PM   #1699
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me
i cannot wear anything between my toes

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamGirl90 View Post
Nice video and the cabana looks great, but are there that many loungers and umbrellas directly in front of the adult cabanas? It isn't that there are too many people, but the beach looks packed with loungers and if that's how it is, I think we'll skip it. From others photos we've seen, we thought the "private beach" of the Serenity Bay cabanas did not have wall-to-wall loungers. I'm confused.
SB does not have a private beach for the cabanas. Only the family beach cabanas have a private beach.

SB only has 4 cabanas, which are set back from the adult beach..

and while the adult beach may have many loungers, there usually aren't many people in the loungers and even fewer people in the water...
Old 08-19-2012, 07:59 PM   #1700
DreamGirl90
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyholic family View Post
SB does not have a private beach for the cabanas. Only the family beach cabanas have a private beach.

SB only has 4 cabanas, which are set back from the adult beach..

and while the adult beach may have many loungers, there usually aren't many people in the loungers and even fewer people in the water...
Okay thanks. I thought they recently roped off the part of the SB beach in front of the adult cabanas. My mistake.

It's true it looks like very few people there, but filling that part of the beach up with all those loungers looks tacky to me. My point of view only. I like to see some actual beach, not a load of beach furniture. We will probably skip the cabana and do a port adventure or two instead.
DreamGirl90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 09:11 PM   #1701
Callymum
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylan'smom View Post
Just to clarify, if you rent a cabana but it's on Serenity Bay, are there any rental items included? I figure the sand toys are out but was wondering about floaties or snorkel gear?

TIA
Family Cabanas-
During your visit to Disney's Castaway Cay, bask in the luxury and privacy of a deluxe beach retreat along Family Beach. Each well-appointed cabana is furnished with comfortable seating, a beverage refrigerator, safe, ceiling fan, plush towels and sunscreen. Outside on the patio, luxurious chaise lounge chairs, a freshwater shower, hammock and sailcloth shade are yours to enjoy amid spectacular offshore views. Fresh fruit and snacks are included along with complimentary bottled water and soft drinks. Dedicated beverage service is provided and alcoholic beverage packages are available for purchase onboard at an additional cost. Additionally, each cabana includes use of snorkeling equipment, floats, sand toys, and one hour of bike rental.

Adult Cabana-
During your visit to Disney's Castaway Cay, bask in the luxury and privacy of a deluxe beach retreat along Serenity Bay, our adult's only beach. Each well-appointed cabana is furnished with comfortable seating, a beverage refrigerator, safe, ceiling fan, plush towels and sunscreen. Outside on the patio, luxurious chaise lounge chairs, a freshwater shower, hammock and sailcloth shade are yours to enjoy amid spectacular offshore views. Fresh fruit and snacks are included along with complimentary bottled water and soft drinks. Dedicated beverage service is provided and alcoholic beverage packages are available for purchase onboard at an additional cost. Additionally, each cabana includes use of floats and one hour of bike rental.
Callymum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:23 PM   #1702
CEGrant
Mouseketeer

What is "dedicated beverage service"? Does that mean they'll bring me boozy drinks on request? I know I'll have to pay for drinks, but having margaritas show up on demand would be so awesome. I lucked into booking a cabana 10 days out when someone cancelled and I want to make the most of it. We'll be in #9.

TIA!
Old 08-20-2012, 01:15 AM   #1703
Callymum
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEGrant View Post
What is "dedicated beverage service"? Does that mean they'll bring me boozy drinks on request? I know I'll have to pay for drinks, but having margaritas show up on demand would be so awesome. I lucked into booking a cabana 10 days out when someone cancelled and I want to make the most of it. We'll be in #9.

TIA!
Yes you press the Button and the attendant will appear for your Drink Order.
Old 08-20-2012, 01:50 AM   #1704
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamGirl90
Okay thanks. I thought they recently roped off the part of the SB beach in front of the adult cabanas. My mistake.

It's true it looks like very few people there, but filling that part of the beach up with all those loungers looks tacky to me. My point of view only. I like to see some actual beach, not a load of beach furniture. We will probably skip the cabana and do a port adventure or two instead.
The cabanas are set back and roped off
And there is vegetation between the cabanas and the beach so you see water more than lounge chairs
But not to worry
Unless you're booking at 120 days you won't be able to book a cabana at serenity bay anyway

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 08-20-2012, 03:58 AM   #1705
sweetpee_1993
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The cabanas are set back and roped off
And there is vegetation between the cabanas and the beach so you see water more than lounge chairs
But not to worry
Unless you're booking at 120 days you won't be able to book a cabana at serenity bay anyway

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
We booked our cruise (9/27 3-night Dream) at something like 85 days out. At that time there were at least 2 SB cabanas + at least 2 family cabanas available. I guess that's pretty rare?
Disney Adventures: 1/04 POP, 1/05 POP, 2/06 POP, 1/07 POP, 12/07 CR, 5/08 POFQ sans kids, 1/09 CR, 5/09 Poly w/o the family, 1/10 AKL, 11/10 POFQ, 9/11 WL+DCL Dream+YC, 5/12 DCL Magic, 9/12 DCL Dream sans kids, 1/13 DCL Magic, 5/13 DCL Fantasy, 9/13 DCL Dream w/friends, 9/13 DCL Fantasy sans kids, 4/14 DLH/Disneyland, 9/14 DCL Dream w/friends, 9/14 DCL Wonder DD, 10/14 DCL Wonder DD

Other Adventures:
11/13 RCI Allure of the Seas

Future Adventures:
5/15 DCL Wonder WBPC
9/15 DCL Dream w/friends
sweetpee_1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 04:42 AM   #1706
Callymum
DIS Veteran

When I checked in at 75 days Silver the last Cabana at 12.05am was number 20.
I wanted a family one so didn't book it, needless to say it vanished in about 10 mins. so there are still Chances, though slim. And I got #17 about 10 days later when someone cancelled.
Old 08-20-2012, 05:07 AM   #1707
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpee_1993 View Post
We booked our cruise (9/27 3-night Dream) at something like 85 days out. At that time there were at least 2 SB cabanas + at least 2 family cabanas available. I guess that's pretty rare?
when i booked at 120 days at about 30 seconds after midnight, #18 was already booked, i booked #19 and another guy on our meet booked #20...(#21 isn't available for online booking - same as #16 on the FB)...

so by 2 minutes after midnight at 120 days, all SB cabanas available for online booking were booked...

people do subsequently cancel, since there is no penalty for booking and then canceling (up to a few days before the cruise)...
Old 08-20-2012, 07:58 AM   #1708
CEGrant
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the answer regarding beverages!

Regarding booking them, you can luck out. I booked ours at 11 days before the cruise. They were all full at first, but I checked every couple of waking hours starting when I booked the cruise 21 days out. Eventually #9 opened up. Not sure how often that happens though.
Old 08-20-2012, 08:40 AM   #1709
CarolAnnC
Caught Smuggling Jello Shot Syringes From PI
Likes to shoot off her glock in chat
Goin' to the Chapel

Quote:
when i booked at 120 days at about 30 seconds after midnight, #18 was already booked, i booked #19 and another guy on our meet booked #20...(#21 isn't available for online booking - same as #16 on the FB)...

so by 2 minutes after midnight at 120 days, all SB cabanas available for online booking were booked...

people do subsequently cancel, since there is no penalty for booking and then canceling (up to a few days before the cruise)...
This has been our experience, too. We are Platinum and the SB Cabanas are very hard to get. We were ready at midnight and got ours, though! Beware, once you try one you will be hooked and want one every time!
Old 08-20-2012, 08:44 AM   #1710
CEGrant
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolAnnC View Post
This has been our experience, too. We are Platinum and the SB Cabanas are very hard to get. We were ready at midnight and got ours, though! Beware, once you try one you will be hooked and want one every time!
LOL, Disney is as addictive as most drugs...and almost as expensive. Also, I get withdrawl symptoms. Oh well, at least it's a family friendly addiction!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: