DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2012, 07:53 PM   #1
Questforthemouse
Mouseketeer

1 Bedroom BLT Lake View Request

Looking into booking 6 nights at BLT next year. Should we be asking for a particular room location or just "let it ride"? If we wanted a lake view with a possible view of MK is their a particular request? What if we wanted to look over at the back side of The Contemporary and across Bay Lake, is their a particular request?
Old 08-01-2012, 08:52 PM   #2
Snurk71
DIS Veteran

I can't remember if the best 1br view ends I'm 12 or 14, but that's what I requested and was granted - and it was an awesome view of MK.

Check out blt thread for floor layout and you'll be able to tell the ending room #.
Snurk71 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-01-2012, 08:56 PM   #3
erionm
DIS Veteran

Even numbered room on the North end of the building would give you a view of the MK.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:57 PM   #4
Questforthemouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by erionm View Post
Even numbered room on the North end of the building would give you a view of the MK.
I've done a little more reading and figured out that I should request and even numbered room. If I wanted a view of the CR side of things would I request a South end as opposed to North end?
Old 08-01-2012, 08:59 PM   #5
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questforthemouse View Post
I've done a little more reading and figured out that I should request and even numbered room. If I wanted a view of the CR side of things would I request a South end as opposed to North end?
Correct.
Old 08-02-2012, 07:55 AM   #6
CarpeDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questforthemouse View Post

We just returned from a trip, and were assigned a lake view room on the exterior of the North Side of BLT (room 7610). I initially thought I was not going to like it because of a limited view of the lake and being somewhat over the loading dock of the building. However, room location was FANTASTIC! The Magic Kingdom was just to the left of our view, and we were able to watch Wishes every night from the Balcony. We'd definitely request a room on the north side again, without hesitation.

My Visits:
1984 Off Site, 1991 Off Site, 2003 POR, 2005 Poly, 2006 CSR, 2007 CSR, 2007 POR, 2008 Off Site, 2009 SSR, 2009 AKV, 2010 AKV , 2010 Dolphin,
2011 BLT
, 2011 SSR, 2012 BLT, 2013 BLT
CarpeDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:02 AM   #7
dvcNJ
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questforthemouse
Looking into booking 6 nights at BLT next year. Should we be asking for a particular room location or just "let it ride"? If we wanted a lake view with a possible view of MK is their a particular request? What if we wanted to look over at the back side of The Contemporary and across Bay Lake, is their a particular request?
Just came back from 6 nights at BLT. We had requested a lake view, and we're on the 12th floor with an awesome view of the lake, Contemporary, the monorail entering the Contemporary, and we're also able to see the Grand Floridian. We were going to upgrade to an MK view at check in, but figured since we'd be in the park every night anyway, we would never see the fireworks from our room. Glad we chose what we did. Seeing the boats all day cross the lake, and seeing the water show at night from our balcony was a great experience. Have a great trip.
dvcNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:59 AM   #8
Questforthemouse
Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone. Think we'll request the even numbered south side. We like the idea of a view of CR, monorail, boats etc...
Old 08-19-2012, 01:46 PM   #9
Disneyfriend
DIS Veteran

May I jump in here, please?

We are staying at BLT for the first time this November, in a 1-BR Lake View Villa.

I am tempted to request an even-numbered room in the North tower.

But assuming I get the request, would that result in a much longer walk from the elevators/walkway to the Contemporary?

Our stay at Kidani was in a beautiful villa that seemed MILES away from the lobby, and the walk really got to be a bit much by the end of the day. I'm assuming the distances at BLT are much shorter, but wanted to just ask those of you who have stayed in the North tower.

Thanks!

Disneyland - 15+ times since childhood
WDW - Poly/AKL 2001; SoG 2006; SoG/AKL 2008; Poly/AKV 2010; AKV/BLT 2012
Aulani - Dec 2011 and April 2012

And new DVC owner!

Disneyfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 01:50 PM   #10
wdrl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfriend View Post

I am tempted to request an even-numbered room in the North tower.

But assuming I get the request, would that result in a much longer walk from the elevators/walkway to the Contemporary?
Not really. BLT has a compact footprint and the walks from one end of a floor to the other are not that long.
Old 08-19-2012, 06:34 PM   #11
bbn1122
DIS Veteran

We stayed in the room furtherest from the CR and the connecting walkway. It was not bad, there was an elevator near us or we could go all the way down the hall and come out right by the walkway. We found taking the elevator near our room to the floor with bridge/walkway and then walking down that hallway was easier. The elevator by the bridge is very busy.

We loved the north side we had a lake view, which was half a MK view we had a great view of SM and we could watch the fireworks from our sofa.
AKL - Aug 2011,
HHI - August 2012
OKW - August 2014
Vero Beach - August 2014
Magic - West Carib April 2010, 2 night NYC June 2012
Dream - 3 night - August 2011 3 Night Dream - August 2014
bbn1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 07:43 PM   #12
Disneyfriend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdrl View Post
Not really. BLT has a compact footprint and the walks from one end of a floor to the other are not that long.
WDRL, thanks very much. By the way, it looks like we are both "going home" to both locations at about the same time next trip! Hope you have a great trip . . .

And new DVC owner!

Old 08-19-2012, 07:45 PM   #13
Disneyfriend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbn1122 View Post
We stayed in the room furtherest from the CR and the connecting walkway. It was not bad, there was an elevator near us or we could go all the way down the hall and come out right by the walkway. We found taking the elevator near our room to the floor with bridge/walkway and then walking down that hallway was easier. The elevator by the bridge is very busy.

We loved the north side we had a lake view, which was half a MK view we had a great view of SM and we could watch the fireworks from our sofa.

BBN1122, that's exactly what I wanted to know. Thanks very much for describing the location better! I think I'll go ahead and make the request.

And new DVC owner!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: