Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 12:38 PM   #181
Ziggy
Playing guitar with the spiders from mars

Just wondering if it is the norm to tip turndown service and if so by how much? I tend to leave mousekeeping $5 for two of us in the morning.
Old 08-16-2012, 03:18 PM   #182
rmoore7
Grateful Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
Just wondering if it is the norm to tip turndown service and if so by how much? I tend to leave mousekeeping $5 for two of us in the morning.
Good question! We arrived yesterday afternoon at AKL, dropped off our luggage,and went out immediately only to come back to the room later to find that we had received our turndown service. Forgot about the tip completely. We usually do $5, depending on what's available in my wallet , but I've wondered what the norm was too.

Hey Ziggy, nice to see some more rock royalty acknowleged here
Always liked "David Live" from the Tower in Philly...
Register to remove

Old 08-16-2012, 03:21 PM   #183
Ziggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmoore7 View Post
Good question! We arrived yesterday afternoon at AKL, dropped off our luggage,and went out immediately only to come back to the room later to find that we had received our turndown service. Forgot about the tip completely. We usually do $5, depending on what's available in my wallet , but I've wondered what the norm was too.

Hey Ziggy, nice to see some more rock royalty acknowleged here
Always liked "David Live" from the Tower in Philly...
David is God

Thanks for the help
Old 08-17-2012, 07:02 AM   #184
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
Tipping is a very sensitive subject, but usually we'll just leave like $2 for turndown for the two of us, definitely less than the full morning service. Unless we've made some sort of big mess, then we'll leave more.

On our last CL trip to the BC, she kept coming early, when we were still getting ready to go out for dinner, so I would just ask for a couple of fresh towels and still give the tip, she seemed very happy. (and the first day gave me handful of like 10 chocolates which lasted the trip!)
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 08-17-2012, 07:12 AM   #185
Ziggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
Tipping is a very sensitive subject, but usually we'll just leave like $2 for turndown for the two of us, definitely less than the full morning service. Unless we've made some sort of big mess, then we'll leave more.

On our last CL trip to the BC, she kept coming early, when we were still getting ready to go out for dinner, so I would just ask for a couple of fresh towels and still give the tip, she seemed very happy. (and the first day gave me handful of like 10 chocolates which lasted the trip!)
Thanks for that, I'd hate to get it wrong and cause offence
Old 08-17-2012, 01:15 PM   #186
NicoleK1974
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if there are LV rooms on the ground floor of the Hawaii building at the Poly?
Also, if there are, do all first floor rooms have patios that you can walk off if and onto the grass or are some completely enclosed with foliage?
We just changed from TPV to LV since we were able to use the military discount for it and added a day to our trip with the savings.
I'm just hoping I didn't make a mistake and we can still have either a decent view of the fireworks from our patio or an easy walk right off the deck to get to the beach without having to go through the hallways and/or elevators to get there.
Any help would be great!
Especially those who have stayed LV in the Hawaii building!
Thanks so much!

Old 08-17-2012, 01:49 PM   #187
houstonmama
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone!!

We'll be staying at GF SL from Dec 8-15. So excited as this is our 1st trip! I made my own ADR's 180 days out but I'm interested in a BOG ADR that starts on Monday. I called the IPO so they could help me out with this. The control freak in me is a tiny bit worried Have y'all had success with using them? With two little ones (3yr & 10mos) its going to be a little difficult to be on the phone at 6am (Tx. time)!

Also posted this on the GF thread
TIA!

Old 08-17-2012, 02:10 PM   #188
tobin04
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone! We're staying RPC Sept 20-23 (I think! I need to double check those dates!).

I booked through a travel agent. I have read we should email IPO-but what is the purpose of that? I already booked the dining we want. Is there any reason I should contact them?

Also-I believe we'll be taking a very early flight, landing at MCO around 8:30 in the morning. What are the odds our room will be ready upon arriving at the GF?

Any other tips I need? We've stayed RPC one other time, and absolutely LOVED it. Can't wait to go back! This time we haven't told our girls we are going, so it's a surprise trip!
Old 08-18-2012, 07:50 AM   #189
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

houstonmama -

tobin04 - Hi! I agree with those suggesting you contact IPO, even if you have all your dining in place. It's good to introduce yourself, let them know if you have any room requests and the time of your arrival. It gives you a better chance of having a room ready when you get to the resort - no guarantee, of course, but they try to get you into the next available room in your category.

Have a Grand vacation, we love RPC!!
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
Old 08-18-2012, 08:07 AM   #190
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonmama View Post
Hi everyone!!

We'll be staying at GF SL from Dec 8-15. So excited as this is our 1st trip!
You'll love the GF......it's an awesome resort .

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobin04 View Post
Hi everyone! We're staying RPC Sept 20-23 (I think! I need to double check those dates!).
Have a great trip .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 08-19-2012, 06:25 PM   #191
mchamber99
Earning My Ears

club level after check out

Can you still use the club lounge for the remainder of the day after you check out? For example, you check out of your room at 10 am but your flight doesn't leave until 5 pm. Can you use the club lounge until you leave for your flight?
Old 08-19-2012, 06:32 PM   #192
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchamber99 View Post
Can you still use the club lounge for the remainder of the day after you check out? For example, you check out of your room at 10 am but your flight doesn't leave until 5 pm. Can you use the club lounge until you leave for your flight?
You can use all resort facilities until midnight.
Old 08-19-2012, 06:36 PM   #193
Napria
It really *is* the Happiest Place!

GF club level standard room

Hi all,

We're thinking of booking a standard room at the GF, club level. We'll have our 15 year old daughter & 16 year old son with us. In a standard room, aside from the two queen beds, will we get a pull out sofa/day bed? I'm not putting the two of them in bed together, so if there isn't another place to sleep, we'll have to look for another option.

Thanks!

Ft. Wilderness April 2015 Polynesian July 2013 Ft. Wilderness May 2012 Off property March 2012 Ft. Wilderness June 2011 Ft. Wilderness June 2009 Ocala Camping April 2008 Ft. Wilderness January 2007 Tropical Palms RV Resort December 2004 Animal Kingdom Lodge & Beach Club Villas December 2003 Wilderness Lodge Villas December 2002 Boardwalk Villas December 2001 Ft. Wilderness February 1981
Old 08-19-2012, 06:57 PM   #194
Angel16
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleK1974 View Post
Does anyone know if there are LV rooms on the ground floor of the Hawaii building at the Poly?
Also, if there are, do all first floor rooms have patios that you can walk off if and onto the grass or are some completely enclosed with foliage?
We just changed from TPV to LV since we were able to use the military discount for it and added a day to our trip with the savings.
I'm just hoping I didn't make a mistake and we can still have either a decent view of the fireworks from our patio or an easy walk right off the deck to get to the beach without having to go through the hallways and/or elevators to get there.
Any help would be great!
Especially those who have stayed LV in the Hawaii building!
Thanks so much!
Hi Nicolek, I have stayed LV in Hawaii at the Poly. I had requested and received a third floor room, which was an amazing view. As for the first floor LV rooms you should be fine. There are LV rooms on the first floor of the Hawaii building. They have two chairs and a table on their patio. And yes you should be able to walk right off the patio to the beach. Just make sure to close your door (ducks and other things come up on the patios). And a reminder to have someone lock it if you are going to be on the beach for any length of time. Even on vacation there are those who are not honest.

Check your PM's Just sent you one.

Angel16
Old 08-19-2012, 07:03 PM   #195
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napria View Post
Hi all,

We're thinking of booking a standard room at the GF, club level. We'll have our 15 year old daughter & 16 year old son with us. In a standard room, aside from the two queen beds, will we get a pull out sofa/day bed? I'm not putting the two of them in bed together, so if there isn't another place to sleep, we'll have to look for another option.

Thanks!
Most rooms come with a daybed, although there are some that do not. With that said, I think there are more that do come with them than don't. You can always put a request for one on your reservation and then mention it when you check in. If you want to be guaranteed a daybed, the Poly and CR have them in all rooms. Good luck.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: