Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-19-2012, 05:47 PM   #1
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

"I choose to be Amused!"-An Epic Trip to DL with a side of Oz(3/17-4 NEW POSTS pg17)

Hello everybody and . It is official, I am starting the TR for our Epic Adventure.

Here we are at DL.

The members of our trip:

Me - SkierPete - Like most here a hard-core Disney fanatic that does enjoy traveling elsewhere as well. First went to WDW in 1972. Been many, many times. Never been to DLR.

DW - Also infected with the Disney obsession, I took her for her first trip in 1997. We've done 9 trips total to WDW since. Never been to DLR.

DD (9) - Of course seriously into Disney. She also loves Animals but has three major flaws when it comes to traveling. (1) She is stubborn as all hell, (2) she doesn't like to try new rides, and (3) these traits get worse when she's tired. Also, never been to DLR.

So - for those that are just joining, DW has a close friend that married a guy who was from Australia, and in her younger days traveled there 3 times. Since we met, I agreed I wanted to go, but only when our kids were old enough, and only if we could go for a longer trip. Our original plan was a six week sojourn that got cut back due to time and budget constraints to four weeks. Because of the flying time from Buffalo, NY to Sydney, I insisted we have a stopover in California in both directions. And if we are going to stop in California for a few days, well, what better opportunity to take a look at the "other" park - Disneyland!

So, this TR will start out talking about DL, but will go on significantly longer - 26 days in fact. So, you can join in for the short version where the WDW vet looks at DL, or you can stay for the whole ride, up to you.

I want to right now give a shout out to all the Australian DISers that helped us plan this trip. I've been posting on the "Other Lands" board for more than a year getting lots of great information from the "natives". I'll say right now that our trip was absolutely spot-on, and it was in large part thanks to the advice from those DISers, so for any of you reading along - THANK YOU!

I will try to update once or twice a week as I can, the TR may go on for a while, but I do always finish my TRs, so that's at least a good thing, first "real" update will be later this week.

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
October 15-25, 2010 @ AKL Trip Report!
November 11-20, 2011 - Free dining at CBR! PTR! and Trip Report
July/August 2012 Disneyland / Australia TripPTR "I choose to Be Amused" TR
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"

Last edited by skier_pete; 03-17-2013 at 12:07 PM.
skier_pete is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: