Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2012, 08:54 PM   #91
hill6
DIS Veteran

Does Spirit come in on the A or B side? Thanks. We just booked and not even sure if we will get our ME info before we go.

Saratoga Springs Nov 8-13 our First DVC trip
hill6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 06:01 AM   #92
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

According to the MCO official site map, Spirit is arriving on Side B.

goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-11-2012, 08:05 PM   #93
hill6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
According to the MCO official site map, Spirit is arriving on Side B.
Thanks. I was looking at it on my Ipad and it wasn't displaying the info for the airport on it. A week from now we will be in Orlando.

Saratoga Springs Nov 8-13 our First DVC trip
hill6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 01:44 AM   #94
alicia080979
DIS Veteran

This is our first time flying to Disney so I'm not sure exactly how DME works but can you tell me IF and HOW this would work I would really appreciate it. We are flying AirTran on a Thurs at 9:27am arrival. I have to have a car at Disney but I also really want to ride MagicExpress just for the experience. My sweet DH said that he would pick up the rental car and meet us at the resort so my mom & I could ride DME. We will have 2 checked bags but I am really worried about not having my luggage so I wanted to get it myself. We are also flying with friends (same flight, resort, etc.). Her DH said he didn't want to get the rental car alone so I doubt they will be doing DME (unless they let my mom & I take their 2 kids bc they really want to).

Can some people take DME and some not in the same group? From what I have read in the thread this is my plan:
Arrive, take the tram to main building (we should be on side B I think). Go down one level on side B and pick up our checked bags. Then go down to level 1. At this point we are all still together. Walk past the rental car counters and leave DH & our friends (they may have a different rental company but I think we are using Alamo) to get the rental cars and leave luggage with them. My mom & I keep going to DME area and take the bus to POFQ.

Does this sound like it would work? Are we going to be wasting a lot of time by taking DME? Is it worth taking just to experience it? I HATE flying but in my own crazy little way this would make it worth it, lol (nevermind arriving in 2 hours instead of 15+). I typically do all of the driving around Disney and DH is not so great with directions...is it easy to get out of the airport and to Disney?

Thanks for all the help!!

June 2014-POFQ Quick 4 night trip for SWW then off to the beach!

September 2014-Split Stay. 4 nights FD AKL, 10 nights BCV for F&W

Me DH DD (infant) DS (teen) Ellie :
alicia080979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 07:11 AM   #95
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia080979 View Post
This is our first time flying to Disney so I'm not sure exactly how DME works but can you tell me IF and HOW this would work I would really appreciate it. We are flying AirTran on a Thurs at 9:27am arrival. I have to have a car at Disney but I also really want to ride MagicExpress just for the experience. My sweet DH said that he would pick up the rental car and meet us at the resort so my mom & I could ride DME. We will have 2 checked bags but I am really worried about not having my luggage so I wanted to get it myself. We are also flying with friends (same flight, resort, etc.). Her DH said he didn't want to get the rental car alone so I doubt they will be doing DME (unless they let my mom & I take their 2 kids bc they really want to).

Can some people take DME and some not in the same group? From what I have read in the thread this is my plan:
Arrive, take the tram to main building (we should be on side B I think). Go down one level on side B and pick up our checked bags. Then go down to level 1. At this point we are all still together. Walk past the rental car counters and leave DH & our friends (they may have a different rental company but I think we are using Alamo) to get the rental cars and leave luggage with them. My mom & I keep going to DME area and take the bus to POFQ.

Does this sound like it would work? Are we going to be wasting a lot of time by taking DME? Is it worth taking just to experience it? I HATE flying but in my own crazy little way this would make it worth it, lol (nevermind arriving in 2 hours instead of 15+). I typically do all of the driving around Disney and DH is not so great with directions...is it easy to get out of the airport and to Disney?

Thanks for all the help!!
Your plan is fine!! The way to WDW is very well marked....even a dh should be able to find it!! And yes, some of you can take DME while others go off in a rental car.
I love using DME...for me it's a no brainer, but I am one of those who doesn't have an issue with the buses while at WDW!!!

Old 08-22-2012, 06:13 PM   #96
smidgy
dimples

is there anywhere at MCO to pick up a few grocery items? probably not.

what about cans or bottles of soda? I am hesitant to ask about beer. yes we can get through a week without it, but we like it anyway. if we drive we bring our own.. if we fly, we usually pick some up at the HEss gas stations on WDW property.. but we are going to Universal for 3 nights first.

thanks!
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:54 PM   #97
ksromack
DIS Veteran

We're flying SW and have a split stay......first night is at Royal Pacific Resort as we are spending 2 days at UO/IOA, so DME will only be utilized on the return trip back to MCO.

I'm still undecided as to what the best mode of transportation would be for us to get to RPR. Price wise our options seem similar......does anyone have any opinions for me? Airportshuttles dot com quotes a price of $32 and Mears $38. We leave in 17 days so I'm wanting to get this figured out Thanks for any help!
Old 12-22-2012, 02:31 PM   #98
Canooknic
Mouseketeer

Our flight arrives just before midnight, will DME be ok at this time? We are bringing our 4yr old twins (staying at POR) and I'm worried about too much waiting around when they are going to be incredibly tired - would anyone recommend getting a taxi instead?
Canooknic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 03:04 PM   #99
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canooknic View Post
Our flight arrives just before midnight, will DME be ok at this time? We are bringing our 4yr old twins (staying at POR) and I'm worried about too much waiting around when they are going to be incredibly tired - would anyone recommend getting a taxi instead?
DME will be up and running...it runs pretty much 24/7. It may take a bit longer, but it could also be faster. There is really no way of knowing before hand. The one thing to keep in mind is that you will have to go to baggage claim and get your own bags. DME stops baggage transfer at 10pm and resumes around 6-7am.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:23 PM   #100
hpriamson
Mouseketeer

Newbie here. Great thread. One piece of information about MCO that I thought would be useful - you can't buy gum anywhere in the airport. So if you or your kids need gum to help with ear popping, make sure you have some in your carryon before you get there. Luckily we found the half-pack left from our flight down, so my 7 year old didn't spend the flight in tears.
hpriamson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:12 PM   #101
Carol97
Mouseketeer

We're arriving at MCO around noon on a Saturday and staying at a WDW resort. We are planning on using ME and I know they will collect your luggage for you but I'm hesitant on not having my luggage with me or making sure that the airlines didn't loose them. So, we exit the airplane and head over to the shuttle to the main airport building. At that point, do I head over to the B side of the airport and down to Level 2 to collect our baggage? How do I know for certain that my luggage will be on the B side? We are flying in on Southwest. Thanks!!!

Carol97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:55 PM   #102
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol97 View Post
We're arriving at MCO around noon on a Saturday and staying at a WDW resort. We are planning on using ME and I know they will collect your luggage for you but I'm hesitant on not having my luggage with me or making sure that the airlines didn't loose them. So, we exit the airplane and head over to the shuttle to the main airport building. At that point, do I head over to the B side of the airport and down to Level 2 to collect our baggage? How do I know for certain that my luggage will be on the B side? We are flying in on Southwest. Thanks!!!
If flying SW, your luggage won't be on Side B, it will be on Side A. So, this means you have to go down to level 2 on Side A (you arrive on level 3), collect your bags, then go back up to level 3 (there is no way to access Side B from level 2), then cross to the main area, go to Side B and down to level 1, ground transportation and over to DME. It's kind of a pain when arriving on Side A but getting luggage and taking it to Side B to get DME.

So, more simply put..
1. exit the plane
2. take shuttle to main terminal..Go to Side A area
3. go down to level 2 and get your luggage
4. go back up to level 3 and cross across to Side B
5. go down to level 1, ground transport, and down to DME

Old 02-03-2013, 12:11 PM   #103
disney.nut
DIS Veteran

We are flying in on Delta. Can someone tell where to go to collect our bags and how to get to Disney Magic Express?

Thanks.
Old 02-03-2013, 03:49 PM   #104
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney.nut View Post
We are flying in on Delta. Can someone tell where to go to collect our bags and how to get to Disney Magic Express?

Thanks.
You will arrive on level 3. Baggage claim is on level 2. I can't remember which side of the airport Delta uses. If it's Side A, then you get off the plane, take the monorail type shuttle to the main terminal. Go down to level 2 (baggage claim) on Side A. Get your bags, go back up to level 3 (where you arrived on the shuttle, cross over to Side B, and go down to level 1, ground transportation. DME is at the end of that area, on the right, bus driveway to the left.

If you arrive on Side B, take the shuttle to main terminal, go down to level 2, get your bags and continue on down to level 1 and DME area.

Old 02-26-2013, 09:04 PM   #105
carissa1970
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy View Post
is there anywhere at MCO to pick up a few grocery items? probably not.

what about cans or bottles of soda? I am hesitant to ask about beer. yes we can get through a week without it, but we like it anyway. if we drive we bring our own.. if we fly, we usually pick some up at the HEss gas stations on WDW property.. but we are going to Universal for 3 nights first.

thanks!
I am curious about an answer to this. We plan to stay at the Hyatt the night before our cruise, and would like to take a towncar to port. Id like to pick up a few grocery items first, though.
carissa1970 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: