Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2012, 04:11 PM   #16
Quicklabs
DIS Veteran

OK- BWV, AK and Napoli! You win for having the best day!

Enjoy every minute of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAN View Post
We checked into BWV yesterday and just got back from AK where it rained most of the day - then when it finally stopped we went on Kali River Rapids ....well, you can probably imagine how that turned out. Tonight, my wife and kids are taking me out for my birthday at Via Napoli -should be a great night!

I've eaten at 66 out of 245 restaurants at Walt Disney World (27%)
Quicklabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 04:25 PM   #17
WaltD4Me
PS...I tried asking for water cups once
I am actually a princess

Just home from work and am officially on vacation!!! Headed out with the whole family to Salt Fork State Park in the "wilds" of Ohio in the morning. We don't camp or anything, we stay in the lodge and think about maybe taking a nature hike if we can drag the kids out of the pool.

Mostly we wind up enjoying the nature from our patios...luckily the deer come right up to us since we are well supplied with snacks. It's not WDW, but I can't wait...planning the games right now and headed out for dinner in a little while.
Lisa 1980 Poly, 92' Grand Floridian, Oct 98 Teddy & Doll Convention, Dec 2004 POFQ, May 05 40th Birthday!, May 06 OKW 41st Birthday! May 07 OKW 42nd Birthday! Feb 08 Pirate & Princess Party! Oct. 08 at OKW! 1st Solo Trip May 09! / November 2010 at OKW, 2013 at WDW and Crusing on the Dream
WaltD4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 04:37 PM   #18
NC Belle
I NC Beast
This Belle only has a furbaby

I was watching NC Beast mow the backyard with the push mower (self-propelling cable broke so its even harder). We did hired a neighbor kid to do it, but he got grounded (loss of riding mower privilage) and he hurt himself at his sport activity.

So, I came in to realize that it has been 1 year ago today that we were on our 5 night WDW trip. 1 year since our dinner at Le Cellier and the day that we got hooked on truffle salt.
NC Belle ºoº 10/2013 Pop, 8/2011 CSR, 1/2011 CSR, 12/10 CR, 10/10 CSR/Wyndham Bonnet Creek, 10/09 AKL-Jambo House/SSR/Sports, 10/08 Sheraton Vistana/CSR, 8/08 Csr+CR, 11/07 ASMU, 9/06 Pop,10/05 POP/BWV,2/05 AKL, 5/04 CSR,1996-offsite/honeymoonº0º
NC Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 05:46 PM   #19
Illini Disney Guy
Mouseketeer

Worked this morning and now making sugar free Peach and Plum Jam. The only problem is we are only 1/2 way through our canning for the year. Lots of tomatoes to go.
Old 08-18-2012, 06:18 PM   #20
limace
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illini Disney Guy
Worked this morning and now making sugar free Peach and Plum Jam. The only problem is we are only 1/2 way through our canning for the year. Lots of tomatoes to go.
Yay canning!

Bike ride this morning with an ice cream break in the middle . Making brownies now, planning on grilling steak and roasting potatoes from our garden for dinner.

Planned to fill the hot tub with cool water today-but the banana slug and two frogs we found inside turned me off the plan a bit.

Making plum ketchup to can later .
Old 08-18-2012, 08:04 PM   #21
Dismom+two
Dh and I always refer to it as "The Almighty Boards"
Wanted: Warm fuzzy feelings
I am still walking...haven't dropped yet
Almost left the bookstore without her lapdance

My husband and I celebrated our 11th anniversary today by going to the beach and spending some time sitting on the beach even though it wasn't beach weather, it was a bit chilly. We ended our day by having a wonderful dinner at our favorite seafood restaurant at the coast!
Dismom+two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 08:36 PM   #22
DisneyDaddy-O
Dis Dads Club Member #286
I'm sure those driving beside me thought I was nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAN View Post
We checked into BWV yesterday and just got back from AK where it rained most of the day - then when it finally stopped we went on Kali River Rapids ....well, you can probably imagine how that turned out. Tonight, my wife and kids are taking me out for my birthday at Via Napoli -should be a great night!
We were at Epcot and had rain as well, funny enough we had a late lunch at via Napoli, it was fantastic. Pricey but very good. Enjoy your dinner!!

Happy Birthday!

Oct 97 CBR Disney Honeymoon, Jan 06 AS Sports First Family Vacation, Jan 07 POR Jan 08 POP, Jan 09 POR, Jan 10 POR, AUG 10 POP, JAN 11 POR, AUG 11 POP,
AUG 12 ASM,CSR,SSR,POR(yep all 4),OCT 13 POR First Halloween Party and Food & Wine
DisneyDaddy-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 10:26 PM   #23
Phoenixblue
Mouseketeer

Today we took a tour of a permafrost tunnel. Its the first time since they dug it in 1964 that the public has been able to view it. I was able to "several" years ago with a geology class I took at University of Alaska Fairbanks.

Its quite amazing seeing plant and tree roots that are 35,000 years old dangling from the ceiling, stepp bison bones sticking out of the wall and ice lenses and wedges that are also 25-35,000 years old crossing overhead. It was 25 degrees in the tunnel and 60 degrees outside. We were only in the tunnel for about 15 minutes. But it was an amazing 15 minutes.

Phoenixblue is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: