Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2012, 01:05 PM   #76
Tod&Copper
DIS Veteran

Count us in !!!

We are Stevie (45) and Mary (43) and looking forward to a med cruise without DD

Adult time for wandering rounds the beautiful med ports

This will be our 12th Disney cruise and we've done the DCL med cruises many times before, we love taking advantage of the Magic in the med

We are also doing the same itinerary on 8th June, but with friends and DD, so hopefully can give everyone some heads up info in advance

It's so far away but still I'm thinking ..... Shoes and dresses .....

DVC Member since 2000 - VWL AKV BLT
Platinum Castaway Club Member

14 Magical Sailings completed - 5 more to look forward to

WBTA 2010 / WBTA 2011 / EBTA 2014 / WBTA 2014 / EBTA 2015
7 Night New Year Cruise Disney Magic 2014
7 Night Dover to Barcelona repo Disney Magic 3rd August 2015
EBPC October 2015
Tod&Copper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 01:19 PM   #77
Tod&Copper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony64 View Post
I was wondering if people were getting into Barcelona earlier in the week and were interested in a DIS meet before the cruise?
We'll be arriving on the morning of 30th, on our last med cruise it was the Hard Rock Cafe pre-cruise meet the night before

Quote:
Originally Posted by debsters41 View Post
Hello again everyone! Now that Summer is here my favourite thing to do is to plan things to do on vacation. This year is a staycation for us, but next year is the cruise! We are planning on arriving in Barcelona a few days early, and so are up for a meet! We will also participate in fish extenders and any tastings you suggest! I was wondering, since my daughter is Greek and is going to be 19 on the cruise, will they let her take part in the tastings? I read somewhere that they may allow it with parents' consent. I am a bit worried about her, as I know my younger DD will be hanging out in the stack all day/night. It isn't important, I just like finding things out!

Have a good week and Happy father's day to those who celebrate!
Our table mates did that with their DD last year and it worked well. Our DD will be 18 on our June med cruise, so we will sign a consent form then. They put a symbol on their KTTW card which shows at a glance they can order alcohol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePicketts View Post
Is anyone else planning to do their own thing in Roma?
Us . We did Civitavecchia to Rome ourselves last year and it was very easy. The train station is a short easy straight walk. Worst part is getting from the bottom of the port to the fort at the top on the cruise buses, we just jumped on any one lol.

Train is not expensive either

DVC Member since 2000 - VWL AKV BLT
Platinum Castaway Club Member

14 Magical Sailings completed - 5 more to look forward to

WBTA 2010 / WBTA 2011 / EBTA 2014 / WBTA 2014 / EBTA 2015
7 Night New Year Cruise Disney Magic 2014
7 Night Dover to Barcelona repo Disney Magic 3rd August 2015
EBPC October 2015
Tod&Copper is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-18-2012, 02:01 PM   #78
ThePicketts
Mouseketeer

Awesome!!!!!!
ThePicketts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 05:18 PM   #79
Florida Mel
Ready to sail on Disney Magic with Mickey

Welcome aboard Stevie and Mary Great to have another knowledgable cruiser onboard

Oct 2000 - 2 Weeks Villa Sunset lakes Jun 2002 - Disneyland Paris - Newport Bay Hotel Oct 2003 - 2 Weeks Villa Formosa Gardens Oct 2004 - 4 days Condo @ Clearwater 10 days villa @ Formosa Gardens Oct 2007 - 4 days Cocoa Beach & 12 days Villa Sunset Lakes July 2009 - St Augustine & WDW Yacht Club Feb 2010 - DLRP Newport Bay Hotel July 2010 - Our 1st Disney Cruise - Dover to Barcelona on Disney Magic August 2011 - Our 2nd Disney Cruise - 7 night Med on the Magic August 2012 - DLP 3 nights Dream Castle August 2013 - Jumped ship and we are Florida bound February 2014 - Back to WDW for mums BIG 60th September 2014 - WBTA and the BIG WEDDING - COMING UP
Florida Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 05:02 AM   #80
debsters41
DIS Veteran

Welcome aboard new cruisers! I see, Mary, that in your signature you are signed up for the cruise which comes to Greece. If that is so, we can always do a 'mini' meet on the day you are in Athens. If you were planning to do it on your own, that is.

I know we haven't really been talking about Fish Extenders yet, although some people have expressed an interest. I was wondering....

What kind of gift would be nice coming from Greece?

debsters41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 04:18 PM   #81
disneyjoe25
Earning My Ears

I was considering some ouzo or a Greek owl. Also, I collect cans of coca-cola from different countries. Greece is definitely on my list.
Old 08-26-2012, 04:18 AM   #82
debsters41
DIS Veteran

Hello again! It is way too hot here to do chores and so I am reading up on Med cruises, etc.

I don't think I would be able to get a can of coke to the cruise, because of air restrictions. We will most likely be connecting in Rome. In two months we can book air!

Mary - I know what you mean about shoes and dresses. I have one or two outfits picked out, but I have to lose about 8 kilos if I am going to wear the dresses that I want to wear. The good news is that formal night is at the beginning of the cruise because I fear I will be gaining much weight as the days go by....

I keep checking the hotels in Barcelona, but even though it is run down, I can't help but want to keep my booking at Hotel Continental. My girls love the kitchiness (is that a word?) and I love the location.

Old 08-30-2012, 02:16 PM   #83
tony64
Should've been a Cowboy
In charge of driving & collecting coffee and doughnuts for breakfast

This time next year we'll be in Barcelona
1995 Paris 1997 Masters Inn 1999 Clarion Floridian 2001 HoJo 2003 Econolodge 2005 HoJo 2006 Sheraton Vistana 2007 Club Sevilla 2008 May Sheraton Vistana 2008 Aug Terrace Ridge 2009 Barefoot'n in the Keys 2010 Villa at Cumbrian Lakes2011 Sheraton Vistana & The Magic 2012KeyLargo, Sheriton Vistana & OKW
The Buckland Disney Stampede August 2005 TripThe S.V.R. 2006 Trip T&T Do Thanksgiving 2007 Trip T&T & 2 1st Timers May 2008 Trip T&T Do the Triple Aug 2008 Trip T&T's 2nd Thanksgiving Trip 1975 & 2010 A double trip Bad Mothers & Others Oct 2011 Key West to Old Key West Nov 2012

tony64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:19 PM   #84
tony64
Should've been a Cowboy
In charge of driving & collecting coffee and doughnuts for breakfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tod&Copper View Post
We'll be arriving on the morning of 30th, on our last med cruise it was the Hard Rock Cafe pre-cruise meet the night before
That sounds like a plan.
1995 Paris 1997 Masters Inn 1999 Clarion Floridian 2001 HoJo 2003 Econolodge 2005 HoJo 2006 Sheraton Vistana 2007 Club Sevilla 2008 May Sheraton Vistana 2008 Aug Terrace Ridge 2009 Barefoot'n in the Keys 2010 Villa at Cumbrian Lakes2011 Sheraton Vistana & The Magic 2012KeyLargo, Sheriton Vistana & OKW
The Buckland Disney Stampede August 2005 TripThe S.V.R. 2006 Trip T&T Do Thanksgiving 2007 Trip T&T & 2 1st Timers May 2008 Trip T&T Do the Triple Aug 2008 Trip T&T's 2nd Thanksgiving Trip 1975 & 2010 A double trip Bad Mothers & Others Oct 2011 Key West to Old Key West Nov 2012

tony64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 05:27 AM   #85
ThePicketts
Mouseketeer

Ok, 1 year from today!!!!
Time to get busy planning!
T-shirts?
Lanyards?
Magnets?
Tattoos???
Fish Extenders?!?!
I'm still looking for someone familiar with Google docs for FE organization!
Also, we should start a Google doc about things, hints, and tips for the cruise!
ThePicketts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:44 AM   #86
disneyjoe25
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by debsters41
Hello again! It is way too hot here to do chores and so I am reading up on Med cruises, etc.

I don't think I would be able to get a can of coke to the cruise, because of air restrictions. We will most likely be connecting in Rome. In two months we can book air!

Mary - I know what you mean about shoes and dresses. I have one or two outfits picked out, but I have to lose about 8 kilos if I am going to wear the dresses that I want to wear. The good news is that formal night is at the beginning of the cruise because I fear I will be gaining much weight as the days go by....

I keep checking the hotels in Barcelona, but even though it is run down, I can't help but want to keep my booking at Hotel Continental. My girls love the kitchiness (is that a word?) and I love the location.
The "can of coke" part caught my eye. I've been collecting cans of coke from the countries I visit and plan on bringing back several from this cruise. I don't think it will be a problem considering I brought one back from our Norwegian Cruise. I only recommend bringing it back in ziplock bag incase it bursts from the pressure or rough handling. Also, check it in your luggage.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:58 PM   #87
debsters41
DIS Veteran

Hi all! This thread seems awfully quiet so I thought I would come by and say hi! I have been reading the boards (no kidding!) and I have decided that I really want to do mixology. Is anyone else interested? I was wondering how many people we needed to arrange a private 'class'. wouldn't that be fun?

Old 10-01-2012, 08:05 AM   #88
Florida Mel
Ready to sail on Disney Magic with Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by debsters41 View Post
Hi all! This thread seems awfully quiet so I thought I would come by and say hi! I have been reading the boards (no kidding!) and I have decided that I really want to do mixology. Is anyone else interested? I was wondering how many people we needed to arrange a private 'class'. wouldn't that be fun?
Hi, it is quiet isn't it

I organised a private mixology session on the Magic last year and I think you have to have over 15 people, we had quite a few more than that (40 in total) lol They're great fun and i would be up for another one, I have a contact who would be able to arrange it for us Last year it cost $20 each.

Oct 2000 - 2 Weeks Villa Sunset lakes Jun 2002 - Disneyland Paris - Newport Bay Hotel Oct 2003 - 2 Weeks Villa Formosa Gardens Oct 2004 - 4 days Condo @ Clearwater 10 days villa @ Formosa Gardens Oct 2007 - 4 days Cocoa Beach & 12 days Villa Sunset Lakes July 2009 - St Augustine & WDW Yacht Club Feb 2010 - DLRP Newport Bay Hotel July 2010 - Our 1st Disney Cruise - Dover to Barcelona on Disney Magic August 2011 - Our 2nd Disney Cruise - 7 night Med on the Magic August 2012 - DLP 3 nights Dream Castle August 2013 - Jumped ship and we are Florida bound February 2014 - Back to WDW for mums BIG 60th September 2014 - WBTA and the BIG WEDDING - COMING UP
Florida Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:07 AM   #89
debsters41
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Mel View Post
Hi, it is quiet isn't it

I organised a private mixology session on the Magic last year and I think you have to have over 15 people, we had quite a few more than that (40 in total) lol They're great fun and i would be up for another one, I have a contact who would be able to arrange it for us Last year it cost $20 each.
Count us in for 3!

Old 10-05-2012, 07:40 AM   #90
debsters41
DIS Veteran

My flights are booked! Unfortunately, the stopover in Rome is not possible, they just tease you that it is on the alitalia web site. Still, came in at just under 200 euro a person, so I am happy, even without an extra two days in Rome. It just means that we will have to run around all that much faster trying to see everything during the port stop. I do hope that the early 7 night cruisers do trip reports to let us know how the timing works out. Wouldn't it be nice if we didn't have to get back to ship so early? Oh well, back to work! Have a great day everyone!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: