Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2012, 08:50 AM   #31
MommyJack
Crazy for Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkochrn View Post
Found a post on pinterest that led me to a bodybuilder website yesterday. NO I do not plan to become a huge buff body builder, lol. I found a good weight loss plan there though and I'm starting it today

The first 4 weeks call for NO cardio, BUT there is a weight lifting routine to follow. It also has great nutrition guidance. The reason for the no cardio had to do with not wanting to burn off the energy needed to build muscles and once you strengthen your muscles you'll increase your metabolism and burn even more fat when doing cardio. (or something like that, probably worded way better on the other website.)

I've got my small meals planned for every 3 hours today

I'd love to hear how it's going.

1998 - off property, 2003 - CS, 2007 - FW Cabins, 2010 - ASM, 2012 - Dream Cruise, 2014 - AoA
Old 08-02-2012, 11:41 PM   #32
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyJack View Post
I'd love to hear if the slimfast helped in breaking the plateau.
I feel it really has! I have lost 6 pounds in 2 weeks! And I was on my TOM for the first week and never lose during that...I can not do it for more than 2-3 weeks..I think I am becoming lactose intolerant or slimfast intolerant, just makes me gassy but it has helped curb my appetite! You are so close to cruise! Hope you are getting excited!

lmhall2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-09-2012, 03:33 PM   #33
nkochrn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I'd love to hear how it's going.
It's been hard to fit in going to the gym to get the weight lifting in. (My Dad was diagnosed with metastatic melanoma in stage IV the week I started and so we had to squeeze in a couple of oncology appointments and hopefully on Monday he'll start treatment.)

I tried starting the 17 day diet a few days ago and even bought the book, which is actually a really good read! I'm thinking I could combine the nutrition part of it with the livefit weight lifting and give it another try! The hardest part of this 17 diet has been remembering to bring my fruits, veggies, and yogurt to work with me and then I get hungry and cheat. I've been pretty good today, but I think I'll start fresh tomorrow!
nkochrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:12 PM   #34
cjnix29
DIS Veteran

I bought a bikini for the cruise. Holy cow! Tried it on, really on a whim, and thought, wow, I could really wear this! Still have 10 pounds til my goal, and two weeks til the cruise, but we'll see how it goes! DS9 has already said he wants to be as far away from mom in a bikini as he can get but hopefully I won't clear the pool deck! LOL Keep up the good work, ladies!
2005 OKW, first trip with DS
2006 WL
2007 POLYNESIAN 2008 All Star Music
2009 Surprise birthday trip for DS offsite
2009 Holidays at the World , POFQ
2010 New countertops, or Disney?....,we chose the Contemporary, Club Level MK view and the Yacht Club!
Trip Report from the most awesome trip ever! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2565514
2012 BLT
8/25/12 First Cruise on the Fantasy to celebrate over 130 pounds lost!
cjnix29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:59 PM   #35
nkochrn
Mouseketeer

CJNIX-WOW, keep it up, I am soooo jealous! I tried a bikini on earlier this summer and wanted to run far far away from myself! lol.

OK, now that things are slightly more stable around here I am on Day 2 of the 17 day diet. I didn't have time last night to fit in the weight lifting portion of the livefit and also won't be able to do it tonight as I'll be driving 2 1/2 hours to pick my mom up. I guess I could bring my shake weight in the van! LOL.
nkochrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 11:18 AM   #36
MommyJack
Crazy for Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjnix29 View Post
I bought a bikini for the cruise. Holy cow! Tried it on, really on a whim, and thought, wow, I could really wear this! Still have 10 pounds til my goal, and two weeks til the cruise, but we'll see how it goes! DS9 has already said he wants to be as far away from mom in a bikini as he can get but hopefully I won't clear the pool deck! LOL Keep up the good work, ladies!
That is awsome congrats. Nothing better than being surprised by how good you look.

1998 - off property, 2003 - CS, 2007 - FW Cabins, 2010 - ASM, 2012 - Dream Cruise, 2014 - AoA
Old 08-18-2012, 11:19 AM   #37
MommyJack
Crazy for Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkochrn View Post

OK, now that things are slightly more stable around here I am on Day 2 of the 17 day diet. I didn't have time last night to fit in the weight lifting portion of the livefit and also won't be able to do it tonight as I'll be driving 2 1/2 hours to pick my mom up. I guess I could bring my shake weight in the van! LOL.
How's it going?

Old 08-18-2012, 12:14 PM   #38
MommyJack
Crazy for Disney

Hey all. Sorry for the long delays between posts. Things have gotten extremely busy with work.

Here's the update on the diet. I'm down 25 pounds! I'm so phyched I can't tell you. I calculated my bmi yesterday it came out to 24.9. I'm no longer overweight. That's the good news. The bad news is that we leave for vacation in one week and I'm 5 pounds short of my goal. I'm thinking if I really work at it I could drop 2 pounds this week. I'm a bit disappointed with myself for not keeping my eyes on my goal. There were a couple of weeks there where I really slacked off.

I no longer am using the slimfast. I stopped using it about a month ago. I will still take one now and then for lunch, but that's it. I knew that it was going to slow down the weight loss, but I also knew that I had to get adjusted to eating real food again. The trick is portion control. I'm not counting calories per se, but I do keep and eye on what I eat. So, I figured out some meals that I can have for breakfast and lunch that are around 200 calories and I stick to that. I have an afternoon snack which is usually a piece of fruit or some cheese. For dinner, I make sure I have a salad with very little dressing and watch my carb portions. And of course, I drink lots of water/no calorie drinks throughout the day. It seems to be working.

I've been thinking about it and have definitely learned some things. First of all, I've changed my eating habits for good. If you told me a year ago that I could eat a 200 calorie breakfast and feel full till lunch I never would have believed it. Back then I was eating a bowl of oatmeal (double of what I have now) and then would have a snack mid-morning. Second, I've learned to manage my time to fit in daily exercise. It's not always a 2 hour trip to the gym, but I know I can manage to get something in each day. I also have really increased my endurance. Even when I was younger and fit, I was never a jogger. I just couldn't do it without pains in my legs and had trouble getting a comfortable pace. Lately, I've been jogging a bit. I still don't think it's for me, but I can run about a mile no problem.

I'm going to readjust my goal. My birthday is in November. So I'm going to reset my goal weight to 125 pounds by my birthday. That's a total of 7 pounds in about 3 months. Definitely doable. After that, no matter what I'm in maintenance mode.

Old 10-10-2012, 07:13 AM   #39
wvuflu
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Hey all. Sorry for the long delays between posts. Things have gotten extremely busy with work.

Here's the update on the diet. I'm down 25 pounds! I'm so phyched I can't tell you. I calculated my bmi yesterday it came out to 24.9. I'm no longer overweight. That's the good news. The bad news is that we leave for vacation in one week and I'm 5 pounds short of my goal. I'm thinking if I really work at it I could drop 2 pounds this week. I'm a bit disappointed with myself for not keeping my eyes on my goal. There were a couple of weeks there where I really slacked off.

I no longer am using the slimfast. I stopped using it about a month ago. I will still take one now and then for lunch, but that's it. I knew that it was going to slow down the weight loss, but I also knew that I had to get adjusted to eating real food again. The trick is portion control. I'm not counting calories per se, but I do keep and eye on what I eat. So, I figured out some meals that I can have for breakfast and lunch that are around 200 calories and I stick to that. I have an afternoon snack which is usually a piece of fruit or some cheese. For dinner, I make sure I have a salad with very little dressing and watch my carb portions. And of course, I drink lots of water/no calorie drinks throughout the day. It seems to be working.

I've been thinking about it and have definitely learned some things. First of all, I've changed my eating habits for good. If you told me a year ago that I could eat a 200 calorie breakfast and feel full till lunch I never would have believed it. Back then I was eating a bowl of oatmeal (double of what I have now) and then would have a snack mid-morning. Second, I've learned to manage my time to fit in daily exercise. It's not always a 2 hour trip to the gym, but I know I can manage to get something in each day. I also have really increased my endurance. Even when I was younger and fit, I was never a jogger. I just couldn't do it without pains in my legs and had trouble getting a comfortable pace. Lately, I've been jogging a bit. I still don't think it's for me, but I can run about a mile no problem.

I'm going to readjust my goal. My birthday is in November. So I'm going to reset my goal weight to 125 pounds by my birthday. That's a total of 7 pounds in about 3 months. Definitely doable. After that, no matter what I'm in maintenance mode.
Just now reading this, I'm new to the boards, but wanted to say congratulations!!
wvuflu is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: