Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 563 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 08-15-2012, 02:28 AM   #1066
onlyafigment
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
You are supposed to get a card every day you don't have housekeeping, and it will be slipped under your door. I redeem mine at checkout for 500 Starwood points per card.
Supposed to? Does it not always work out that way?

And do you miss getting a voucher for the every 4th day housekeeping is automatic?

I've seen people mention you have to call reception to opt in/out - the Starwood website implies you get a door hanger for this, is this not the case at the Swolphin?

Apologies for all the questions, just trying to get my head round it!
Old 08-15-2012, 05:37 AM   #1067
bas71873
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Both the Swan and Dolphin decorate for Christmas. The Dolphin has a beautiful tree in the lobby, and the Swan has a lovely scene with Santa filling the stockings by the fireplace - done in chocolate! I'm sure Dan Murphy can pull up some of those photos for you.

There are holiday activities for kids, but I don't recall when in December they begin. They may be only on the weekends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Murphy View Post
Nice to see you ahutton.

You can order just about anything from the S/D. They do have a wonderful in-house bake shop. You can use this once registered, or phone.

http://www.swandolphinconcierge.com/public/login.cfm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnCOtiHKpqs

http://www.santasfavoriteresort.com/

If you wanted to sort through some picture threads, I know I have a lot in here......

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=815678
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnfr2424 View Post
I have to add that they scent both hotels with scent of Gingerbread!

Thanks you guys. You've just pushed me over the fence. I'm booking our December 2013 stay at the Dolphin when we return next week. We are headed to FL today for our Sea World/Discovery Cove trip, but I'm planning to spend an evening at the Boardwalk one night to check things out. THANKS!!!

Disney Dream - April, 2015; Yacht Club Club Level- January, 2014; Renaissance Orlando at Sea World-August, 2012; AKL Pool View-October, 2010; ; HRH Club Level-August, 2009;
Wilderness Lodge-Girls Only - Oct, 2008
;Pop Century, First Trip to WDW - Feb 2008
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-15-2012, 07:24 AM   #1068
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyafigment View Post
Supposed to? Does it not always work out that way?

And do you miss getting a voucher for the every 4th day housekeeping is automatic?

I've seen people mention you have to call reception to opt in/out - the Starwood website implies you get a door hanger for this, is this not the case at the Swolphin?

Apologies for all the questions, just trying to get my head round it!
You used to have to call every evening when you didn't want housekeeping the next day. Now one phone call takes care of the whole thing (3 days no housekeeping/1 day housekeeping). It isn't a perfect system, and occasionally I didn't get a card when I should've, or housekeeping came on a day I wasn't expecting. (You won't get a card on the days housekeeping cleans your room.)

The last time I made the "green choice" at the Swan was in April, and there was no door hanger. I stayed at the Swan 3 weeks ago with 2 of my kids, and I did want housekeeping every day. I didn't see a door hanger in the room, but maybe one would've been put on the door if I had chosen to skip housekeeping.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:00 PM   #1069
robinbutterfly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You are supposed to get a card every day you don't have housekeeping, and it will be slipped under your door. I redeem mine at checkout for 500 Starwood points per card.
So if we get 5 dollars for not having housekeeping,can we redeem it at the end of the week and they credit our account ?
*May 2015- TBD * November 2013- Dolphin and POFQ *October 2012- WDW Swan * January 2012- WDW Boardwalk Villas and Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas. *January 2010-WDW Bay Lake Tower *January 2009-WDW Wilderness Lodge * June 2003- Disneyland Paris on our Honeymoon. WDW SEVERAL times as a kid. *1979- Disneyland in California
My husband Me My son : My daughter
Old 08-15-2012, 03:12 PM   #1070
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinbutterfly View Post
So if we get 5 dollars for not having housekeeping,can we redeem it at the end of the week and they credit our account ?
You can ask at the front desk, but the $5/day is intended to be used towards the cost of food and beverage at the resort. I prefer 500 Starwood points per day.
Old 08-15-2012, 09:02 PM   #1071
ahutton
WDW Bride Dec 6, 1996

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Murphy View Post
Nice to see you ahutton.

]
Great to see you too Dan! I'm hoping we'll get to cross paths there. Milo and Mrs. Milo will be with the kids. DH and I are excited about this trip. It is our first ever solo venture down there!

Proud Second Generation SwanDolphin Cheerleader
Old 08-17-2012, 08:52 AM   #1072
diskids2
Not above grovelling for a tag

Does anyone know if rooms become available once a convention has them tied up?

We are going 3-21 - 3-29 and the Dolphin is sold out on 3-25-26 because of two large conventions. We are booked at the Swan and I am very happy with that, but would really love an Alcove room. Swan alcove's won't work because they are a king bed with sleeper sofa and I have four in the room and don't want anyone on the sleeper sofa. Dolphin has 2Q Deluxe Alcoves, but as mentioned, they are sold out for my stay. My dates aren't flexible as it is Spring Break for my DS, 17.

Just curious if anyone has experienced or knows of a timeframe when "held rooms" might or might not be released. Are they ever?
Old 08-17-2012, 01:07 PM   #1073
rh3772
Mouseketeer

Halloween

Does anyone know if the Swan and Dolphin does anything for Halloween?

1995 Caribbean Beach, 1995 All Star Music, 1996 Dixie Landings, 1997 Dixie Landings, 2001 Wilderness Lodge, 2006 Port Orleans/ Dolphin, 2007 Dolphin, June 2008 Dolphin, November 2008 Dolphin, June 2009 Dolphin, May 2010 Dolphin, May 2011 Dolphin, Halloween 2012 Dolphin, June 2014 Dolphin!
Old 08-17-2012, 02:46 PM   #1074
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rh3772 View Post
Does anyone know if the Swan and Dolphin does anything for Halloween?
Scan down to Oct.....

http://swandolphin.com/holidayplace/

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Old 08-18-2012, 07:16 AM   #1075
vbarry
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone! Well we decided to head back to WDW during Xmas this year. We are DVC members and have a few points for our first few nights. I was racking my brain on where to stand that is affordable. Then...the Swan Dolphin occurred to me! We would check in on December 24 and spend Christmas there! So..... it looks like the Dolphin is more for families and we have two girls. There are a lot of room options so I need your opinion. Is the Epcot room a view of Boardwalk/Epcot? Can you see the fireworks?? Worth the extra cost? My only problem is the Dolphin has smaller beds YIKES..... Where is the Swan in location to the Boardwalk?

Thanks for any assistance!
Old 08-18-2012, 08:33 AM   #1076
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by diskids2 View Post
Does anyone know if rooms become available once a convention has them tied up?

Just curious if anyone has experienced or knows of a timeframe when "held rooms" might or might not be released. Are they ever?
DH attends a lot of conferences at S/D (actually he will be at one while you are there!) Check every day because yes they will release any rooms not needed closer to your dates. I'm not positive but I think last year for that same convention, he had to have his room booked by March 1st...so you may have to wait til much closer for something to open up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbarry View Post
Hi everyone! Well we decided to head back to WDW during Xmas this year. We are DVC members and have a few points for our first few nights. I was racking my brain on where to stand that is affordable. Then...the Swan Dolphin occurred to me! We would check in on December 24 and spend Christmas there! So..... it looks like the Dolphin is more for families and we have two girls. There are a lot of room options so I need your opinion. Is the Epcot room a view of Boardwalk/Epcot? Can you see the fireworks?? Worth the extra cost? My only problem is the Dolphin has smaller beds YIKES..... Where is the Swan in location to the Boardwalk?

From an Epcot View room you will see out over the top of Epcot (with Boardwalk to your right), and you will be able to see the high fireworks. Keep in mind though that Illuminations takes place on the water inside Epcot, therefore you will not be able to see most of the show from your room.

I personally don't think the view is worth the extra cost but that's just my opinion. We're not in the room a whole lot to worry about what we see out the window, and once you stpe outside of The Dolphin you're immersed in Disney!

The Swan is right aside of The Boardwalk, with a canal in between separating them. Distance-wise The Swan is a few hundred yards closer to The Boardwalk than The Dolphin, but it's nothing I'd choose The Swan over The Dolphin for. It's really just a few steps between Swan & Dolphin, taking less than a minute to go between the two.

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
Old 08-18-2012, 12:10 PM   #1077
J'aime Paris
Living happily ever after

I know we cannot use mugs from previous trips at the WDW resorts. Does that same policy apply at the Dolphin?
Old 08-18-2012, 12:57 PM   #1078
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbarry View Post

Relationship of S/D to BW.

http://binged.it/RqV6KS

Quote:
Originally Posted by J'aime Paris View Post
I know we cannot use mugs from previous trips at the WDW resorts. Does that same policy apply at the Dolphin?
As far as I know, they are reusable.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Old 08-18-2012, 01:22 PM   #1079
J'aime Paris
Living happily ever after

Thank you for the quick reply!!
Old 08-18-2012, 01:56 PM   #1080
My3Princez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by J'aime Paris View Post
Are the mugs at Swan/Dolphin different than the other Disney Resorts? We've never been to S/D so trying to learn what I can before our trip.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: