Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 08:37 PM   #31
SueM in MN
It's like combining the teacups with a roller coaster

DISboards Moderator

Riding with a long leg cast

If it is a rigid cast, that is a little different and harder to get into things than full leg brace (braces have at least some flexibility.

Someone who is not able to bend the leg at all might have very few attractions they can ride and may have to settle for shows. The wheelchair space In most of the wheelchair accessible ride cars is around 48 inches long.
So, if someone is using a wheelchair and has their leg extended out in front of them, they are likely to be longer than 48 inches.
My DD's personal wheelchair from the tips of her toes to the back of the push handles is almost 40 inches ( and she has little feet). Add a packed backpack, and her wheelchair is about 46 inches. Someone with longer feet or an extended leg might be longer than 48 inches in a wheelchair.
The attractions listed below might have room for someone out of a wheelchair in a regular seat.
Wheelchairs can be brought all the way to the boarding area of most attractions.

Peter Pan and Tomorrowland Transit Authority have moving walkways which can't be slowed or stopped, so would not be accessible to someone with a long leg cast.

Disney used to have a FAQs on their website where they did list the attractions that had more room for a leg cast.
Besides size, you would need to check with the doctor for some - like Tower of Terror. Don't want to risk damage by jostling the leg too much. I removed the things that no longer exist, added the replacement in its place, if the ride car is the same/similar and added some notes about ride cars.

The following attractions have additional space on aisle ways or next to the seating areas and should be able to accommodate a full leg cast. Please speak with a Cast Member at each of these locations for additional information.

Magic Kingdom
  • Walt Disney World Railroad (has a wheelchair space in the front car and should fit)
  • The Jungle Cruise (has a wheelchair boat and should fit)
  • Liberty Belle Riverboat (permanent ramp to get in and open space for parking, so will fit)
  • "it's a small world" (has a wheelchair boat and should fit)
  • Cinderella's Golden Carrousel - would be difficult to get on because of several steps
  • Stitch's Great Escape (has wheelchair spots and should fit)
  • Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor - show
  • Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress -show
  • Tiki Room -show
  • Magic Carpets of Aladdin -has a wheelchair car, but it is quite tight. Some wheelchairs do not fit even with out elevating footrests.
  • Country Bear Jamboree -show
  • The Hall of Presidents -show
  • Laugh Floor -show
  • Mickey's Philharmagic -show
  • Winnie the Pooh has a wheelchair car and a wheelchair should fit with a full leg cast. You may want to ask them to turn the motion off to avoid being jostled.
  • Little Mermaid ride in be Fantasyland has a wheelchair car and someone with an extended leg may fit, especially if the are able to angle their leg down.
  • Enchanted Tales with Belle - show

Epcot
  • Ellen's Energy Adventure (Universe of Energy - has a wheelchair car, but kind of tight and wheelchair with elevated footrest probably will not fit)
  • 3 Cabelleros (Mexico - wheelchair boat should not be a problem.
  • Wonders of China - 360 movie
  • The American Adventure - show
  • America Gardens Theater - outdoor theater with periodic shows
  • Impressions de France - theater
  • O Canada! - 360 movie
  • Captain EO - 3D movie. Wheelchair space is not very deep, so he may have to angle himself
  • Turtle Talk - interactive show (children interact with Crush who appears in a window in front of the theater)
  • The Living Seas with Nemo and Friends - does have a wheelchair car, but it's kind of tight and someone with an extended leg will probably not fit
  • Attractions at Living Seas
  • Living with the Land (The Land) - has a wheelchair boat and should be no problem.
  • Circle of Life movie (The Land) -movie

Disney-MGM Studios
  • Star Tours (check with doctor) - would need to transfer to a ride seat
  • Twilight Zone Tower of Terror (check with doctor)
  • Muppet*Vision 4D - movie
  • Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular
  • Lights, Motors, Action - car stunt show
  • American Idol Experience
  • Backlot Tour (has wheelchair car and may fit)
  • Great Movie Ride (has wheelchair car and may fit. There is a tight turn to get into the wheelchair accessible ride car. There is one ride car the holds more than one wheelchair - someone with a long cast might fit better in that ride car)
  • Voyage of the Little Mermaid - show
  • Playhouse Disney, Live on Stage - show
  • The Magic of Disney Animation - show and wheelchair accessible walk thru displays
  • Walt Disney, One Man's Dream - museum like attraction
  • Toy Story Mania - has a wheelchair accessible car, but it is fairly tight and wheelchair with leg extended may not fit. If able to get on, beware of the bar that holds the pop gun used during the ride; my daughter has ended up with it crashed into her knee while it was being secured.

Animal Kingdom
  • Kilimanjaro Safaris - wheelchair accessible ride car which is very similar to the Backstage Tour tram. Someone whose wheelchair fits in one should fit in the other)
  • Pangani Forest Exploration Trail
  • Wildlife Express to Conservation Station
  • Conservation Station
  • It's Tough to be a Bug
  • Safari Village Trails
  • Festival of the Lion King
  • Maharajah Jungle Trek
  • Flights of Wonder
  • Nemo, the Musical

For MKSomeone with a long leg cast may not be able to get into Splash Mountain or possibly Pirates because the ride cars are pretty tight. Pirates, possibly is not an easy step in, but might be doable with a long leg cast or brace.
Splash has a very high step over the side, so would probably not work.
Haunted Mansion would probably not work - possibly would work in his own ride car.

Buzz Lightyear and Aladdin have wheelchair cars, but both a tight and the regular car does not have much leg room, although someone with a long leg cast might fit in a row by himself, sitting partly sideways.
The Great Goofini is a small short roller coaster and does not look like it would have space.

For Epcot, Mission Space ride car is fairly tight, so he may not fit and would not have the option of a ride car for himself, but maybe it would work if there were less than 4 in the ride car and if OK with his doctor (even green version can move you around).
Spaceship Earth is also fairly tight, although the walk in is flat.
Maelstrom in Norway is about the same to get into as Splash Mountain - tight and high step over the side.

For the Studio, Toy Story Midway Mania has a wheelchair car, but someone may not fit with a long leg cast. My DD's wheelchair is a fairly tight fit.
They may or may not fit if transferring to the regular ride car, but would have to use the accessible boarding area anyway to avoid the stairs in the regular line.

For AK, if he gets the OK from his doctor and has a waterproof cast, a person with a long leg cast may be able to ride Kali River Rpids. It won't be easy in or out, but they have a special boarding area for guests with disabilities where they trap a boat so it stays still. I would not recommend it though - the water in the boat makes things slippery and the chance of getting totally soaked is great.

Expedition Everest is another one to ask the doctor about. The ride car is pretty tight, but there is a practice car guests can try to see if they would fit.
Dinosaur is very rough and fairly tight.

I would highly recommend skipping Primeval Whirl. It is rough and jostles riders around a lot. Without binging able to use the leg, the rider would not be able to brace very well and would be jostled more than usual.

For most of the rides that require a transfer, the person will be getting in and out on the same side. So, if they are stepping in with the 'bad' leg going in last, they will step out with the bad leg coming out first. This is important to keep in mind because getting in may be easier than getting out (or vice versa).

Spaceship Earth: We are all passengers together.
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans......John Lennon
Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud. Dr. Maya Angelou
trip report link in Memory of eternaldisneyfan, who lived these words: Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. Alphonse Karr

Last edited by SueM in MN; 01-19-2013 at 04:51 PM.
Old 07-29-2012, 08:16 AM   #32
SueM in MN

DISboards Moderator

Walkers, rollators, knee walkers, crutches, canes

Most people know what walkers and crutches are, but may not have heard of rollators or knee walkers. All of these devices are mobility devices and will be handled the same as a wheelchair or ECV at the parks.

Rollators are walkers that have small wheels and a fold down seat attached. With the seat folded up, they are used pretty much like a regular walker. Because they have wheels, there is no need to lift them up to move. You just hold onto the handles and push. When you get tired or would otherwise have to stand, fold down the seat and instant chair.
If you are buying one, they vary in price from under $100 for a very basic one to over $500 for one with more options and 'bells and whistles'. Some can also be used to push a seated person for short distances.

Knee walkers look sort of like half of a rollator, with an elevated platform to keep an injured leg bent behind you off the ground.
I have not used one, but have friends who have and they both said it was wonderful. They had previous injuries they had used crutches for and said this was much better.

You can rent rollators, and I believe also knee walkers, at medical supply rental places and I think Care Medical rents them in Orlando.
See post 2 on page of this disABILITIES FAQs thread for information about rental.

If you are flying and bring one from home, airlines will carry mobility equipment free of charge and without it either counting toward your checked or carry on allowance. You can gate check it - which means you bring it all the way to the gate, get a gate check tag for it (usually from the gate agent before boarding begins). Then, just before getting on the plane, you fold it and leave it at the gate.
When you arrive at your destination, it will be brought to the gate/ doorway of the plane for you to pick up.
Depending on the plane's on board storage and how small the mobility device will fold up, you may be able to bring it on board and stow it. Canes and crutches will usually fit in the overhead storage bins without any trouble.

For WDW, many people have a wrong misconception of how guests with mobility devices are handled. Manynpeople think that most attractions have handicapped lines where all guests with disabilities wait, but, actually there are very few attractions with handicapped lines.
In most cases, guests with mobility devices use the same line to wait in as everyone else.
These are called Mainstream lines. The Studio and AK are newer parks and were built with almost every attraction having Mainstream lines. There are some attractions at those parks that have a different boarding area for guests with disabilities. For example, both Dinosaur at AK and Toy Story Mania at the Studio have stairs toward the end of the queue. In both of these attractions, guests with mobility issues or other disabilities that make stairs difficult wait in line with everyone else until just before the stairs. At that point there is a bypass they will be directed to that goes to the boarding area without using the stairs.

For those attractions, CMs will see you have a mobility device and direct you to the correct place or the line to follow will be marked with a handicapped symbol (wheelchair icon).
All mobility devices ( wheelchairs, ECVs, walkers of various types, crutches ) are handled the sme and you don't need anything to use them in line. Because you will be standing and the knee walker, walkeror cane might be hidden by other guests, you may occassionally need to point it out to CMs. This won't usually be a problem.

Epcot and MK are older parks and were built before Mainstream Lines were thought of. Both parks have been adding Mainstream access as much as possible as they add or renovate attractions though.
You will find most lines are Mainstream even at those parks ( this is part of the ADA, which says people with disabilities should be handled 'in the mainstream' they same as other people as much as possible.)
There is more information about Mainstream lines and which attractions have them in a post on page 1 of this thread.
Post 1 on page 1 of this thread is an index that will tell where to find what information.

Mobility devices can be brought all the way to the boarding area, or in theaters/shows, all the way to the seating area. For rides, it will normally be left where you board. If the unload area is a different place than the loading area, CMs will move it to the unload area after you board.
Canes can usually be brought right onto the ride car - but - as a recent poster using a cane for assistance with a vision impairment pointed out, make sure to have it out of the way of the ride securement device so the can doesn't bop you on the head as the door closes or the bar comes down to secure you into the ride car.

If you have to go to a different place to wait or to board, your party (up to a total of 6, including you) will be able to stay together and board together in most attractions. There are occassional exceptions - for example if the accessible boarding area is already quite full of people waiting - you may be asked to split up into smaller groups. This doesn't happen often as long as you entire group is no more than 6 people.

You also would have the option of leaving the knee walker or other mobility device in the stroller parking area with the strollers. If you do that, be aware that CMs move and rearrange strollers to keep things orderly and use the space most efficiently. So, your device may not be in exactly the same spot you left it.
It will be in the same area and if you don't see it, the CM working there can help you.
(if you leave it somewhere outside an attraction other than stroller parking, it will be moved to the stroller parking area).

Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans......John Lennon
trip report link in Memory of eternaldisneyfan, who lived these words: Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. Alphonse Karr
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-18-2012, 12:43 PM   #33
SueM in MN

DISboards Moderator

Cheshire Figment's review of Legoland Florida.
Legoland Florida - The Good - October 20, 2011

Today I went to Legoland Florida, in Winter Haven. This is about an hour drive from WDW. I was accompanied by a Nephew and a Niece, both in their low 20's. It is important to understand, for a few of my comments below, that my Nephew is a roller coaster freak, who now has 255 Credits and really knows coasters.

We got to the Park shortly after opening (at 10:00). If I did not have a "Plus" Annual Pass, parking would have been $12. Disabled Parking is much closer to the entrance than General Parking. It looks as if there is a very high ratio of Disabled to General parking spaces.

ECV and Wheelchair rental, as well as strollers, is right at the Park Gate. There are two types of ECVs. One looks very much like Disney’s that are gray and four-wheel. The other appear to be heavier duty but three-wheel. The price is the same for either style.

There is an “access card” available at Guest Relations. This is similar to the Disney GAC but it does allow Front Of The Line Access. Personally I suspect that there will be changes to this in the future.

There is a very well-equipped First Aid location close to the entrance. I spoke with the Park’s Health Services Administrator who gave me a tour. They will store (and refrigerate if necessary) medicines, supplies, and equipment. It is always staffed by either an RN or an EMT/Paramedic. Normally they have five EMTs at various locations within the Park at all times it is open.

In the back they have three beds, each separated by a curtain. They also have a “special needs” room which has a bed, a changing table, and its own sink. This room has a door so it can be closed off from the rest of the beds.

I did comment that the door was manual only, which can be difficult. I was told that they are in the process of installing an automatic opener and it should be completed within a week. (Note this was a Passholder Preview and it is not open to the general public yet.)

With two exceptions all rides, shows, eaterys and restrooms are fully accessible. There are two rides which have stairs and no ramp, but they do have a lift with a 750 pound capacity which can handle a wheelchair or ECV with passenger. The lift is similar to the one going to Bistro de Paris in the France pavilion, and so slow that with my disabilities I could have climbed the stairs faster than the lift.

I checked out a couple of the Men’s restrooms, and my Niece checked out a couple of the Woman’s restrooms. In the Men’s room there were five urinals, two low and three at a more normal height. There were five toilet stalls, one of them about double size with a raised toilet and grab bars. In the Woman’s room there were ten stalls, two of them double size with raised toilets and grab bars. In addition, at each restroom location was a Companion Restroom. All of the restrooms have changing tables.

Legoland Florida, The Bad and The Ugly

What disappointed me most was I was unable to ride three of the four roller coasters. I am 6'2" and weigh about 300 pounds. I am large, but not really Pooh shaped.

Coastersaurus is a wooden coaster. It is intended for smaller people and I was unable to get my legs in a position where my knees were not in contact with the seat back ahead of me and it was not possible to hook up the seat belt.

Flight School is an inverted coaster where the seats are below the track. There is a loop harness which comes down over the shoulders, similar to that is Rock ‘N Roller Coaster. However, there is also a strap which comes up between your legs which has to be latched to the harness. In my case this could not be done. My Nephew commented that he has ridden many similar coasters and has never seen a strap as short at this one.

Test Track is similar to Primeval Whirl in AK (Wild Mouse). There is a separate lap bar for each person. I was able to fit in and bring the lap bar down about four or five clicks. However this was not sufficient. One of the workers tried to assist by pushing down on the bar, and got about another two clicks out of it. However, on the console it said I was not locked. They then unlocked it. Later I was talking to a maintenance person about the ride and he said that the system is set to require 320mm (12.5 inches) as the maximum the lap bar can be above the seat. My Nephew said when he was a lead on a similar coaster at another park it was set so that as long as there was one click of lock the ride could be dispatched. He said especially in view of the workers going down the line and confirming the lap bars were really down this seemed as a random and not valid requirement.

The park has one of the same problems Animal Kingdom had shortly after opening. Other than the Gardens area, there is almost no shade. There are lots of trees, but they are obviously new and need a few years of growth so that they will be able to give a lot more shade. People with sun sensitivities should be careful.

The Gardens area is basically untouched from the old Cypress Gardens. One really unbelievable item is the 75 year old Banyan tree which, in my opinion, covers about a 1/4 acre (See the photo in Post #18). However, there is a lot of standing and swampy water in the area and all three of us felt we were being attacked by mosquitoes almost constantly in that area. It was not noticeable in the main part of the Park.

Saving the worst for last. If you have dietary restrictions or allergies you will have a problem. With the exception of the Fun Town Pizza & Pasta Buffet all food is prepared in a central kitchen in the Market Restaurant.

I spoke to the Executive Chef and asked specifically about Gluten Free. His response was that everything they had was fresh and the only gluten free bakery products they could get were frozen. I asked about allergens. He said normally they did not use nuts, except on some muffins, and they did not have eggs in anything served on property.

We had lunch in the Lakeside Sandwich Co, which the Park Brochure describes as “Fresh sandwiches, wraps and salads are made here fresh through the day.” I cannot eat raw cucumbers, and all the salads had cucumbers. Obviously I could not get a salad and remove them as there was contamination. I ended up with a ham and cheese sandwich where the lettuce and tomato overshadowed the taste of the ham and cheese.

On the way out we did stop in at the Market Restaurant. The closest I would say to this is the Sunshine Seasons Food Court in The Land, although it was not quite as varied. The bakery section had Peanut Butter Cookies, and the people behind the counter said that: yes, cross-contamination could be a problem. The salad section, unlike the pre-made salads they sent to the other food service locations, would make salads to order. However, again there is a strong possibility of cross-contamination.

And a link to the original thread, which has continued to have additions made to it.

Last edited by SueM in MN; 08-18-2012 at 01:07 PM.
Old 07-19-2014, 05:38 PM   #34
SueM in MN

DISboards Moderator

WDW - wheelchair/ECV seating for theaters & shows

All theaters have spots designated for mobility devices (wheelchair, ECV, rollator, stroller as wheelchair ). Usually this will be a 'parking spot' with a chair/seat next to it for a companion. There may be only one companion seat per mobility device; the rest of your party may sit in the next row or anywhere in the theater.
Loading/entrance is almost always from a waiting or preshow area on one side of the theater. Unloading/exit is almost always across the theater on the side opposite from the entrance.

Some shows have separate waiting areas so that CMs can get a count and don't send more guests with mobility devices into the theater than there are spots for them. Your whole party can wait together.
Those guests are sometimes brought into the theater 30-90 seconds before the other guests; this allows the CMs to get them into to their spots before the rest of the guests come in as a large group.
Guests with mobility devices will be sent to those waiting areas without needing DAS. Guests without a mobility device would need to explain their needs to a CM at the attraction.

Transferring to a theater seat:
  • if there is only one companion seat per wheelchair spot, you may not be able to transfer and have a companion sit next to you. If you plan to transfer, you may want to be on the end of a row; the mobility device can be left in the spot and you can sit in the row ahead.
  • some children may sit too low in the stroller or wheelchair to see over the other guests; the child can sit on an adult's lap while the stroller/wheelchair is parked in the wheelchair spot.
  • parking the mobility device and sitting in a seat closer to the front is sometimes possible. Availability depends on how steeply ramped the floor is and whether a wheelchair is able to be parked outside of the emergency exit path.
    In some theaters, it is not possible, for those reasons (theater does not meet ADA requirements for accessible slope or wheelchair egress).
    Parking on the exit side of rows is usually not allowed because it blocks exit from those rows for other guests (potentially blocks exit from 2 rows).
    Parking may be allowed on the loading side, but guests will need to take their mobility device to either the very front or very rear to exit.

These attractions have accessible seating only in the back of the theater:
  • Hall of Presidents at MK You may be able to park in the rear and walk to the front. Ask the CM at the entrance and the one seating guests with special needs.
  • Mickey’s Philharmagic at MK The mobility seating is in the rear, but the theater is small, so you are not that far from the screen. Sitting farther back allows view of a wider field of the screen than sitting in front.
  • Stitch’s Great Escape at MKThe theater is not that deep. There are spaces for mobility devices to park in the rear, which is the top row of the round theater. All other seats are down short, narrow flights of a few steps. Much of the action takes place in the dark and the view from the back row may not be much different than closer to the front. The theater is dark, so walking around to get a spot would be difficult.
  • American Adventure at Epcot The seating is in the rear and there is a very steeply sloped floor from the rear to the front. CMs are likely to NOT let you park and walk to the front because of the slope. You could ask the CM who is seating guests with special needs, but expect to be told no. When Epcot first opened, they did allow this, but because of the steep slope, I have been told they are no longer allowed to.
  • Impressions de France at Epcot The accessible seating is in the back row. The theater is not that large. You may be able to park at the rear and walk down toward the front or park your wheelchair on the aisle toward the front. Ask the CM, but again, you are likely to be told no because of the slope of the floor. The screen is around you to about 180 degrees. As you go down further to the front, you will see less of what goes on to the sides, so back is actually better for most people.
  • Movie in Norway at Epcot This is normally accessed by going into the theater directly after riding the attraction. If you want to only view the movie, ask a CM at the entrance to the attraction. The wheelchair seating is usually at the rear because that is the only place where the rows are wide enough apart for a mobility device to get thru. Parking at the end of a row would potentially partially obstruct exit.
  • Captain EO at Epcot The preshow area has a raised viewing area for guests with mobility devices. This leads to the mobility seating in the rear of the theater. Inside the theater, the path is blocked, which prevents guests from moving to/from those last rows.
  • Circle of Life at Epcot The seating for guests with mobility devices is at the back of the theater. Going down any further involves going down steps to be seated and up steps to leave the show.
  • Ellen’s Energy Adventure at Epcot The mobility seating is in the back of the rear theater car. You can ask the CM if you can park the mobility device and then you would be able to walk in and sit in any row.
    Guests using strollers as wheelchairs would generally park them because the wheelchair space is small and the sides of the car would be too high to see over.
    Your mobility device will be waiting where you unload.
  • Muppets 3D at Hollywood Studio Guests with mobility devices enter along with the other guests, so it would be difficult to park a mobility device at the rear and then walk further to the front. As guests from one show are leaving, guests for the next show are starting to arrive, so you need to be quick getting back to your mobility device.
  • Voyage of the Little Mermaid at Hollywood Studio Similar in how it ‘loads’ the theater to Muppets 3D. It is dark and tight, so staying in the mobility device is best. Parking a mobility device may interfere with access to exits because of small space.
  • Walt Disney: One Man’s Dream at Hollywood Studio There is an optional movie at the end of the walk thru exhibition. Mobility device setting is the back row. It may be possible to park on the end of a row closer to the front and transfer to a seat if you park on the entrance side.
  • Magic of Disney Animation at Hollywood Studio There is a movie at the start with seating in the rear. There is also an interactive drawing class that is optional at the end to the tour. Seating is at the rear, with some wheelchair accessible desks. Big screens show what the CM demonstrating drawing a character is doing. For the show and movie, there is not really time to park in the rear and move to a further front seat because guests with mobility devices are ‘loaded’ into the theater at the same time as other guests.

These attractions have accessible seating in the front for all guests with mobility devices. No need for a DAS with a mobility device because that is where you would go anyway:
  • Country Bear Jamboree at MK - There is a ramp to the front row and all guests with mobility devices sit in the front. The stage is slightly above head height, so guests with mobility devices may have to crane their necks to see.
  • Tiki Birds at MK The theater is in a round room, with benches arranged around a small center show area. The mobility seating is in the front row. The show characters will be in front of, above, to the sides and behind guests. Most are in front and directly above.
  • Carousel of Progress at MK The mobility seating is at the end and spaces in the middle of rows at the front of the theater.
  • Laugh Floor at MK The mobility seating is in the front several rows. Guests with mobility devices enter about 30 seconds before the rest of the guests. A CM will direct you to a specific spot to park in, depending on how many guests are in your party.
  • Enchanted Tales with Belle The theater is very small, only about 5 rows of benches. Mobility seating is in the second row with benches designated for companion seating next to mobility spot.
  • Turtle Talk at Epcot The mobility seating is at the ends of rows at the front of the theater. The only places farther front are sitting on the floor, which is for children.
  • American Idol at Hollywood Studios
  • Festival of the Lion King at AK All of the mobility seating is at the front since the other seating involves going up and down steps.

These attractions have seating in the front and rear - you don’t need a DAS with a mobility device. Just tell the CM seating guests with special needs that you need/want to sit in front.
  • Reflections of China - 360 film at Epcot There is no seating here unless you bring a mobility device. They do have lean rails that you can lean forward or against. The film takes place all around you and you can go where ever you want in the theater, without needing to talk to a CM. You will have less people around you if you are in the rear of the theater. Guests in mobility devices farther in the front may have obstructed view because of people standing in front of them.
    There are no lean rails there, the CM who introduces the film will be in the front. At China, as you come in, the rear is to the left.
  • O Canada at Epcot Another 360 film, similar to China in the way it works.
  • Lights, Motors, Action Stunt show at Hollywood Studios Let the CM seating people with mobility devices know you need to sit in the front. The elevator leads to the higher up and farther seating, so when you get to the elevator, let the CM directing people know you need to sit closer and they will direct you somewhere other than going up in the elevator if any closer seats are still available.
  • Indiana Jones Stunt Show at Hollywood Studios The majority of the accessible seating is at the rear of the theater, but there are a few spots in the front row. Getting there involves being led down a steep switchback ramp by a CM. There are few accessible seats at the front, so plan to get there early.
  • Beauty and the Beast at Hollywood Studios Ask the CM at the rear of the theater who is directing seating. The level of the stage is at floor height for the front row, so you may need to cane your neck.
  • Great Movie RideTheater ride car has seating for guests raining in mobility device in the very back of the ride car. Guests who are able yo transfer may sit in the very front row. Loading and unloading is in the some spot, so if you transfer, mobility device will be in the same spot when you get off.
  • Fantasmic at Hollywood Studios This is a night show, with the majority of the wheelchair seating at the top row. There are a few spots in the very front row. If you want to request them, be prepared to come early (an hour or more, depending on the crowd) and be prepared to get wet from spray from water screens and spray during certain parts of the show.
  • Bug’s Life at Animal Kingdom The majority of mobility seating is at the rear. There are a few mobility spots in the very front row; those are accessed thru the Fastpass Plus line.
    Some guests find those seats too close. Some of the action is above you and some find the 3D effects annoying when sitting that close. Be aware that a giant grasshopper (Hopper) comes out a stage to the right of the screen and giant spiders drop from the ceiling. These may be too close for some guests' comfort.
  • Flights of Wonder Bird Show at AK The majority of the mobility seating is in the rear, but there are also designated spots In the first row. During the show, birds fly across the stage and at some points, birds will fly across the audience from the stage in the front to a trainer in the back of the theater.
  • Nemo Show at AK The majority of the mobility seating is at the rear.
    There are a few front area seats; access is down steep switchback ramps. These seats have limited view because part of the stage juts out toward the middle. Some guests may also find by need to crane their necks to see.
    There are only 2-3 mobility spots in the middle of theater. They are not available if it is raining since opening the access doors allows rain in, making the floor slippery for performers.

Last edited by SueM in MN; 07-20-2014 at 03:36 PM.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: