Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2012, 08:30 PM   #571
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_momma View Post
You are going to have such a blast with Lee-Anne. Although, it's surprising how enjoyable things can be without all that. Most of my last trip, I didn't have any adults with me and my son is too short to go on rides. We nearly all the thrill rides. I went on Splash only once and MAYBE RnRC only once (I can't even remember now. Clearly, it's been too long since I went.) And I did go on ToT A LOT because I have to or else I might die, but that's really it. And it was really okay. It's hard. Especially when you think about. Sometimes I'm like OMG HOW DID I NOT SEE THE YETI, NOW IT'S BEEN LIKE 2 YEARS SINCE I'VE SEEN HIM. But somehow it all turns out okay. Because it's Disney.

I have never had a Splash-a-thon!! But I need to, because that ride is so great. I am the Queen of Tower of Terror-a-thons though. One day I had multiple ToT-a-thons in one day for a total of somewhere near a dozen. I believe it was something like 3 rides, 3 rides, 6 rides. AKA heaven. I vote that one day when/if we happen to be at WDW together, we have an a-thon in every park. It will be an a-thon-a-thon. (I would've just said you do it as a goal this trip but since Lee-Anne doesn't want to do thrill rides, I didn't make quite that suggestion. And I'm liking this idea so much, I just threw myself in there!! )

Loved the castle pictures and especially the one of looking down Main Street. SO BEAUTIFUL.
Yeah, it'll definitely be a different experience, which I'm totally open to. I'm so with you, I could never not ride Tower of Terror 329482098 times. I'm probably not going to get to ride EE on our trip.... I know she won't want to ride it. We only have one AK day and I want to make sure she experiences FOTLK, the safari, Jungle Trek, Pangani Trail, Dinosaur (she may not want to do this but hopefully since it's not a rollercoaster she will come on with me!), and Nemo, so it's a lot to fit in... so I guess it's good we're not doing EE, it'll free up some time!

OMG I love your a-thon-a-thon idea!!! That is simply GENIUS!!!!! I am so in. I hope we're in Disney together one day and can carry that out cause that is beyond awesome.

Thanks! I wish I was there right this moment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
NO WAY! Omg. Hahah well, at least someone cool will be there on my birthday.
Way. You'll be there in spirit!
Old 08-13-2012, 10:22 PM   #572
catchmeifyoucan
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Agrahbah! Why there is not an Aladdin ride in this pavilion is BEYOND ME. Why there is no Aladdin ride ANYWHERE except for the carbon copy of Dumbo in Adventureland is beyond me!! Aladdin is one of the best movies of all time! I really don't understand why there aren't any good Aladdin attractions. I hear the show at Disneyland is amazing, though. I wish they would bring it to WDW.
The Aladdin show in Disneyland is beyond amazing! Before I saw it, I did not know what to expect, and then they show me this Broadway-worthy, out-of-this-world event with singing and dancing and fitting in the whole Aladdin story, and even including an elephant? Well, that is just part of the reason that I am in love with Disney.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-14-2012, 01:16 AM   #573
Epaima
Mouseketeer

So I read pretty much your entire TR in one sitting late at night right now. I am lovin you guys livin it up! I am so tired and in what I call EMH state of mind where everything is ten times more magical and hilarious. Also, my next trip is Christmas week and seeing all the decorations makes me practically weep with joy.

I enjoy your fun comments. Like Tigger jogging and Rafiki mom with Simba baby at Fantasmic. AND NEMO NAME GIRL! Wahaahaa.

OMG! I ordered the exact same meal at Les Chefs de France. SO GOOD!
I
And so many hot guys! And nice to boot. What can't you have/do France pavilion?

I am so glad I am not the only one who craves the smell of the Land Pavilion. Where I work, when the wind is right, a similar smell comes my way, and I desperately want to be at Disney.

Glad to hear you liked Country Bear Jamboree. I have never been on it because it has been too scary for me. Your comments are reassuring. The fact that a small child enjoyed it a lot is also reassuring.

Yay EMH! Yay Splashathon! Yay Life!
Old 08-14-2012, 11:26 AM   #574
__disneygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchmeifyoucan View Post
The Aladdin show in Disneyland is beyond amazing! Before I saw it, I did not know what to expect, and then they show me this Broadway-worthy, out-of-this-world event with singing and dancing and fitting in the whole Aladdin story, and even including an elephant? Well, that is just part of the reason that I am in love with Disney.
Wow, I didn't know there was an elephant in it! That's amazing! Though I'm not crazy about animals being used in shows, I trust Disney to take care of them properly. But I would absolutely love to see that show, Aladdin is one of my all time favorites. I would cry so hard. haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaima View Post
So I read pretty much your entire TR in one sitting late at night right now. I am lovin you guys livin it up! I am so tired and in what I call EMH state of mind where everything is ten times more magical and hilarious. Also, my next trip is Christmas week and seeing all the decorations makes me practically weep with joy.

I enjoy your fun comments. Like Tigger jogging and Rafiki mom with Simba baby at Fantasmic. AND NEMO NAME GIRL! Wahaahaa.

OMG! I ordered the exact same meal at Les Chefs de France. SO GOOD!
I
And so many hot guys! And nice to boot. What can't you have/do France pavilion?

I am so glad I am not the only one who craves the smell of the Land Pavilion. Where I work, when the wind is right, a similar smell comes my way, and I desperately want to be at Disney.

Glad to hear you liked Country Bear Jamboree. I have never been on it because it has been too scary for me. Your comments are reassuring. The fact that a small child enjoyed it a lot is also reassuring.

Yay EMH! Yay Splashathon! Yay Life!
Yay! Thank you for reading and !!!!!!! I'm glad you love our Livin It Up!!!

That's so exciting that you're going during the Christmas season! I'm dying to go back in December, but since I'm going in Oct, I don't think it'll be possible. But I will miss the Christmas magic so much. You're gonna love it!

haha I'm just very observant I guess. I can always spot the silly things going down in Disney.

Ahh, I know, that's some of the best food ever. We're not gonna have time for an ADR there in Oct, but the macaroni & cheese is gonna be sold at the France F&W booth, so it's all good!

OH MAN that is awesome that you have a similar Land smell at work! That would make me freak out! hahaha

LOL the Jamboree is.... something to take in. It's under refurb right now and I just hope they don't change it because parts of it are so crazy and that needs to remain.
Old 08-14-2012, 12:57 PM   #575
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

I love hearing about the Disney plans! YAYAYAY how exciting! That is going to be a great trip report!

Ahh on the night before my 13th birthday we had a BTMRR-athon and I will always remember how much fun that was. And when I was 10 on our huge family reunion trip, my uncle, cousins, and I had a BTMRR-athon too. GAHH so many memories.

Going on Space Mountain right before the park closes is WONDERFUL! I love doing that.

Those castle pictures are AMAZING!
Old 08-14-2012, 06:18 PM   #576
__disneygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak508 View Post
I love hearing about the Disney plans! YAYAYAY how exciting! That is going to be a great trip report!

Ahh on the night before my 13th birthday we had a BTMRR-athon and I will always remember how much fun that was. And when I was 10 on our huge family reunion trip, my uncle, cousins, and I had a BTMRR-athon too. GAHH so many memories.

Going on Space Mountain right before the park closes is WONDERFUL! I love doing that.

Those castle pictures are AMAZING!
You bet your booty it is going to be an awesome trip report. And yes, I just said, "You bet your booty," and I never say that, so you know I'm serious.

Aww, what great memories! Childhood Disney memories are the best. The first time I went on BTMRR was when my parents took me for my 5th birthday (my first trip). I was too scared to go on rollercoasters so they told me it wasn't a rollercoaster. It turns out they did the right thing b/c I have been a coaster addict ever since!

Me too! I also love when friends call me and offer me a Space Mountain fastpass.

Thanks girl!
Old 08-14-2012, 06:34 PM   #577
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Ahhh your trip sounds like it is going to be so much fun, I'd love to do a trip with friends someday, but unfortunately, I only have like, one Disney loving friend so I'm not sure it will ever happen! I hope Lee-Anne changes her mind about thrill rides, I'm not sure you can go to Disney and NOT ride the Tower of Terror or Space Mountain!

OMG the Splashathon sounds like SOOOO much fun! I've never gotten to just stay on a ride! I really want to stay on the Peoplemover for like, an hour someday, I think that would be heavenly! If I make it to the end of EMH in November, I'm going to give it a try! Although I'm not the Queen of the Polynesian, so they might kick me off!

I love taking my time leaving the parks when you know they are closed...I once read on the theme parks and strategies board that they won't kick you out...I mean, I'm sure you can't stay all night, but it seems like you can stay pretty late! I'd love to test that theory out in Epcot, just pick a bench in the World Showcase and hang out til 3 am!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 08-14-2012, 10:09 PM   #578
catchmeifyoucan
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl

Wow, I didn't know there was an elephant in it! That's amazing! Though I'm not crazy about animals being used in shows, I trust Disney to take care of them properly. But I would absolutely love to see that show, Aladdin is one of my all time favorites. I would cry so hard. haha.

Yay! Thank you for reading and !!!!!!! I'm glad you love our Livin It Up!!!

That's so exciting that you're going during the Christmas season! I'm dying to go back in December, but since I'm going in Oct, I don't think it'll be possible. But I will miss the Christmas magic so much. You're gonna love it!

haha I'm just very observant I guess. I can always spot the silly things going down in Disney.

Ahh, I know, that's some of the best food ever. We're not gonna have time for an ADR there in Oct, but the macaroni & cheese is gonna be sold at the France F&W booth, so it's all good!

OH MAN that is awesome that you have a similar Land smell at work! That would make me freak out! hahaha

LOL the Jamboree is.... something to take in. It's under refurb right now and I just hope they don't change it because parts of it are so crazy and that needs to remain.
(I'll let you in on a secret, but only you, it's not a real elephant. However, Disney magic makes you believe it's real, that and whoever designed and made this elephant was some kind of wizard because it does look realistic)! I hope you get to see this show one day. You'd cry so hard that they would have to change the schedule to show the little mermaid afterwards (because of all the tears, of course)!
Old 08-15-2012, 07:22 PM   #579
therussells08
Roger, Simba One!

Location: ...just beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment!

Okay, Swiss Family Treehouse jokes followed immediately by a subtly placed Harry Potter quote? You are amazing.

HAHAHA I love that your mom can't stay awake on Laugh Floor. That is so awesome. I'm like that when I listen to Doc Watson music. I can't stay awake, no matter what I'm doing. He came on the radio when I was driving once and I literally fell asleep behind the wheel. Thank God for rumble strips, because Doc Watson almost killed me.

I totally agree with you about Snow White! I miss that ride already!

I am ashamed to say I have never experienced the Spashathon! It sounds truly magical.

Your castle pictures are absolutely gorgeous!!
Old 08-15-2012, 08:22 PM   #580
__disneygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Ahhh your trip sounds like it is going to be so much fun, I'd love to do a trip with friends someday, but unfortunately, I only have like, one Disney loving friend so I'm not sure it will ever happen! I hope Lee-Anne changes her mind about thrill rides, I'm not sure you can go to Disney and NOT ride the Tower of Terror or Space Mountain!

OMG the Splashathon sounds like SOOOO much fun! I've never gotten to just stay on a ride! I really want to stay on the Peoplemover for like, an hour someday, I think that would be heavenly! If I make it to the end of EMH in November, I'm going to give it a try! Although I'm not the Queen of the Polynesian, so they might kick me off!

I love taking my time leaving the parks when you know they are closed...I once read on the theme parks and strategies board that they won't kick you out...I mean, I'm sure you can't stay all night, but it seems like you can stay pretty late! I'd love to test that theory out in Epcot, just pick a bench in the World Showcase and hang out til 3 am!
Yeah, this trip has been a long time coming! I have a lot of friends who love Disney, but not really enough to save the money and make the time, I guess. So I'm SO excited to finally have a trip with a friend working out! And I hope Lee-Anne becomes obsessed with WDW too so she'll want to go back all the time. That would just make my life.

You totally should! Even if you have to sleep in or take a nap during the day in order to stay out til the park closes during EMH, it's so worth it. It is so much fun to just keep riding without having to get off! It feels like you rented the Magic Kingdom for your birthday or something! haha

It's true, they won't actually ask you to leave. We're not allowed to do that at my store either, so I just turn off the music if people are lingering too long and then stuff gets awkward quickly and they pay and leave. hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchmeifyoucan View Post
(I'll let you in on a secret, but only you, it's not a real elephant. However, Disney magic makes you believe it's real, that and whoever designed and made this elephant was some kind of wizard because it does look realistic)! I hope you get to see this show one day. You'd cry so hard that they would have to change the schedule to show the little mermaid afterwards (because of all the tears, of course)!
Oh, that's good! Disney's audio animatronics are always so realistic so that does not surprise me at all! I'm sure I will see it one day and yes, I will cry endlessly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by therussells08 View Post
Okay, Swiss Family Treehouse jokes followed immediately by a subtly placed Harry Potter quote? You are amazing.

HAHAHA I love that your mom can't stay awake on Laugh Floor. That is so awesome. I'm like that when I listen to Doc Watson music. I can't stay awake, no matter what I'm doing. He came on the radio when I was driving once and I literally fell asleep behind the wheel. Thank God for rumble strips, because Doc Watson almost killed me.

I totally agree with you about Snow White! I miss that ride already!

I am ashamed to say I have never experienced the Spashathon! It sounds truly magical.

Your castle pictures are absolutely gorgeous!!
hahaha YOU are amazing my friend. But yes I agree, it was a fabulous section of this ridiculous trip report. LOL

Doc Watson. Wow, haven't heard that name in awhile. That's hilarious. I am determined to make her stay up during the ENTIRE Laugh Floor show!

I miss it too!

It's one of the most magical things at Disney for us! You must try it one night!

Thanks so much girl!
Old 08-18-2012, 11:12 AM   #581
__disneygirl

DECEMBER 12, 2011
Day 7, Part 1 In Which Pascal Is Nowhere To Be Found

As usual, I woke up a divine sound. That of Stitch SCREAMING at me to GET GOING!

So I did. My mom and I stopped at Everything Pop to get some delicious Mickey waffles down the hatch and then off to the kingdom of animals we went.

We had two VERY IMPORTANT missions:

1. See our *beloved* tigers & bats
2. Find a Cast Member wearing a Pascal pin and trade with them!

Being that I'm beyond obsessed with Tangled, I really wanted a Pascal or Flynn/Eugene pin. But I didn't want to just go into a store and buy one. Hunting around for one is way more fun.

I haven't pin traded in like... almost ten years. Because some BUTTMUNCH stole one of my lanyards PACKED with pins. I was about 12 and it was devastating. In fact, I once had a purse stolen and I was less upset than when the lanyard was ripped from my clutches. And this was back before I knew about buying a ton of cheap pins on Ebay to trade. This was a lanyard full of carefully selected pins that my parents paid full price for that I LOVED and ADORED. STUPID PEOPLE STEALING MY STUFF!!!! I hope Jafar pees on everything you love and then burys you in the sand under Cave of Wonders. Jerks.

Ahem. Anyway. On this day in Animal Kingdom, all I had were two pins that I wanted to trade for some Tangled ones, particularly Pascal. My mom has an AK lanyard with a lot of pins on it, but she loves them all and wants to keep them so she doesn't really trade.

So off I went, in search of a CM with a Pascal pin who would trade with me. HAH! Take that, lanyard thieves!!! The Livin It Up continues despite your thievery!

As we were walking through Discovery Island, I saw a CM standing by the wait times board with one of those huge boards full of pins. I could see that many of them were animals. I got so excited, but found no Pascal!

I asked the CM if he knew where I could get a Pascal pin just in case I didn't find anyone to trade with. He told me that he didn't think they made them yet.

Uh. WHAT!!!! Of course, once I got home I searched on eBay and there are Pascal pins, but buying one online is not the same as finding one at Disney and trading. So I will have to try and find him again next trip. I fully plan on getting back into pin trading b/c I really want to find rare and awesome unique pins that I can stare at and hug to distract me from the facts of life. You know? I need things like this.

I probably will also decide I need Vinylmations. This is just how a Disney addiction goes. Alcoholics need another drink. I need more objects that say "Disney Parks" on them.

So, besides the whole pin thing and doing the Maharajah Jungle Trek, we really wanted to go on another safari since the lions weren't up when we did it earlier in the trip.

Also, we've never seen Flights of Wonder or Rafiki's Planet Watch, so we wanted to experience those attractions for the first time as well.

Plus, I desperately needed another Safari Cupcake.

Naturally, instead of doing something to accomplish these goals, we went straight to Anandapur for Everest fastpasses. What can I say, it's always yeti time in my Stacey-loving heart.

Going to get Fastpasses couldn't have been less necessary. We weren't even there for park opening, it was a bit later (due to our late night Livin It Up the night before), and Animal Kingdom was yet again comically empty. I swear, we were like two of about 40 people that were at Disney World between December 4-15, 2011.

We went on the ride once and got Fastpasses anyway, just in case people decided to like, actually come to Disney.

There was a little boy on line in front of us who seemed very nervous about the ride, but only regarding one thing: the photo. IT WAS SO CUTE. Like never mind the yeti, going backwards, being in pitch black, the huge drop... he was very concerned about the photo!

He said, "So... it feels like you're gonna throw up and then they take your picture?"

Yeah, that's basically it, kid!

After EE, we were off to the Maharajah Jungle Trek! OH I was so excited.

This is one of my favorite things to do in Disney.

I find the bats so fascinating. On my 2008 trip, I fell in love with them!

I know, I know, you're probably thinking "You fell in LOVE? With BATS?"

Creepy, crawly, wing-ED, BATS? Yep.

I love adorable things and I love creepy things and they are adorable and creepy at the same time. They remind me of little bears with wings. And I yove them.

I love the wings, but I wish I could have gotten some good pictures of their faces. They are so cute up close!!

I got much better pictures of the bats last trip, so check out this: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=545 update from my last award winning TR if you want to see more of my bat friends and hear me explain what it will be like when I have a pet bat. O M G I am so excited for when that day comes!

Up next: CRYING. Whether they were happy or sad tears, you'll have to wait and see.... P.S. I think I may have to update more frequently! Lots and lots of updates to go, and we're getting closer and closer to the Oct trip so I'd like to finish before then. Plus I have to do a few more PTR updates. WOOOOHOOO ARE YOU READY??!!
Old 08-18-2012, 01:41 PM   #582
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Seriously though? Why are people so stupid? Just buy your own dang stuff. Especially if it's a CHILD'S DISNEY PIN LANYARD. Good Lord. That makes me so sad. I'm sorry that happened to you... I haven't started pin trading yet, so all the ones I own so far are ones that are special to me. I would be so bummed if someone jacked them.

UGH WHY do CMs never know anything? Okay, that isn't true, a lot of them know a lot of things. But how can you be a Disney Cast Member and not know about the Pascal pins? Like, you're supposed to know about every single piece of merchandise. That should be part of the job description. Especially if said CM IS A PIN TRADER! Goodness!!! (So many feelings involved in this comment. Please excuse me!)

HAHAH that kid. Was he worried he would be vomming in the pic???

Yes yes yes, you should start updating more! YAY!!!

Completed Trip Reports:
December 2011 * July/August 2012 * May/June 2013
Old 08-18-2012, 01:57 PM   #583
beachphotog
Pass me a margarita

Wait, your twelve year old self had her lanyard ruthlessly and heartlessly stolen from her grasp? What has our society come to?

I like that you describe bats as cuddly bears with wings! Never thought of them that way but it totally fits!

And yes, ma'am, you need to update more often! My I'm-addicted-to-trip-report self needs more TR!

Follow me on twitter: @beachphotog
And on Instagram: smk31
Old 08-18-2012, 04:02 PM   #584
princess_momma
DIS Veteran

That is so very sad that your lanyard was stolen. I am glad to hear that you are not letting it hold you back anymore and are getting back on the pin trading bus. KEEP MOVING FORWARD. Pascal is worth it. He is so wonderful.

You are really making me want to push my trip next year back from the first-ish week of November to the same week in December. Decisions, decisions.

You and your bats. I have actually always avoided them so I don't know how much they actually creep me out in person. However, I am more confident after reading how you feel about them. They DO kinda look like cute little bears with wings. Maybe I'll have to stop in and say hello next time!
Life Is Way Too Short to Take It Slow - Oct 2013 TR

Old 08-18-2012, 07:22 PM   #585
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

That really stinks that your pin lanyard had been stolen from you! What an awful thing to steal!! I once lost a Stitch pin my parents got for me (mostly because I was wearing it on a backpack and it was a bad place to put a pin!), and I was really disappointed when I saw it was no longer there! And that was just one pin, and entirely my fault! Ugh. People.

Yes, cupcakes are absolutely a MUST at Disney! I like the bats too, they're fun to watch!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: