Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2012, 08:18 PM   #1
LeahA
DIS Veteran

Indian ridge?

Has anyone ever rented a home in the Indian Ridge subdivision? I found 2 nice houses in that neighborhood, that look very nice, good rate, good reviews. I know that Windsor Hills is very popular, but how is Indian Ridge?
SARATOGA SPRINGS RESORT-X2
OLD KEY WEST
WILDERNESS LODGE
POLYNESIAN
POP CENTURY
LeahA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:07 AM   #2
mom2of2
Let the good times strolllllll!
Don't we just get tickeled at the smallest things?

I used to live in Indian Ridge. Its a decent sub division that has full time residents as well as short term rentals.

School will be back in session next week so there wont be noise during the day. Just keep that in mind if you like to swim at night.

Its not a bad drive to the parks and has grocery stores and restaurants close by
Register to remove

Old 08-14-2012, 03:17 PM   #3
LeahA
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the information!
SARATOGA SPRINGS RESORT-X2
OLD KEY WEST
WILDERNESS LODGE
POLYNESIAN
POP CENTURY
LeahA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 04:16 PM   #4
Doogan
Mouseketeer

We stayed at this house in Indian Ridge Oaks (just across the street from Indian Ridge) in May and loved it. The owner was great to work with. Very good price on the house.

We enjoyed it much more than Windsor Hills. Having our own pool was much nicer than a community pool. Not having to go through the guard gate was very nice, too. The community was quiet and felt very safe. in fact, I'v given a lot of thought to purchasing a house in this neighborhood because we enjoyed it so much.
Doogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 11:39 AM   #5
tednvon
DIS Veteran

Location: Iowa City, Iowa...now stay Jan, Feb, Mar, just south Disney in Sunset Lakes...lucky us!!

Good morning, I would echo both opinions above. We rented for 3 months in Indian Ridge and found it to be very nice. There are lots of permanent residents so there will be kids, school buses, dogs being walked, and a few homes that are in pretty bad shape. But this is not atypical of many areas of Florida since the housing bust.

What I liked about IR was the size of the lots. In even the most high end rental communities the homes are packed in side by side. IR has much larger lots with nice spacing between the homes. One more big positive is that most of the homes are designed with a nice big walk in tile shower off the master bedroom and a door with access to this bathroom right from the pool. So you can go from pool directly to master bath and shower without going through living areas...very nice feature that is not seen in a lot of the other rental homes. The homes will be older, built in late 80's early 90's so not a lot a fancy tile or kitchen upgrades.

The one drawback I saw with the two homes we rented was two complete livingroom areas on the main floor. Both ended up being rather small and not a lot sunlight to the family room.

I think you will like it.

Ted