Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2012, 03:26 PM   #1
Emilee81189
Earning My Ears

College program apartment question

Can anyone tell me exactly what is included in the apartments? Like what kind of appliances and things they come with. Thanks so much!

Emily
Emilee81189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 06:44 PM   #2
ohsnapxitsamanda
Mouseketeer

The kitchen has a stove, refrigerator, and a microwave. Any other appliances that you want, you have to supply. However, the kitchen is fully stocked with glasses, plates, silverware, pots, pans, and other misc. cookware.

The apartments also come with a couch, chair, and coffee table for the living room; a table and chairs for the dining room; and 2 beds, 2 nightstands, and 1 dresser for each bedroom. There's also 2 bulletin boards in each bedroom and 1 in the living room or dining room.
Blog: Going to Neverland

ohsnapxitsamanda is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-15-2012, 10:18 PM   #3
Disneygirl822
Earning My Ears

Location: I live in Northern Illinois, Just south of the Wisconsin boarder

In Chatham and Patterson there are also dishwashers in each apartment, and they also provide various pots and pans, dishes, silverware, and cups. No cooking utensils though, we had to buy better kitchen knives and a wisk and potatoe masher.
Disneygirl822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:23 PM   #4
HyperionDreamer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneygirl822 View Post
In Chatham and Patterson there are also dishwashers in each apartment, and they also provide various pots and pans, dishes, silverware, and cups. No cooking utensils though, we had to buy better kitchen knives and a wisk and potatoe masher.
Wait, are there are NOT dishwashers in Vista? I was planning on living in Vista but no dishwashers would be a dealbreaker for me...
Old 08-15-2012, 10:26 PM   #5
blearbear4
Choose Wisely

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperionDreamer

Wait, are there are NOT dishwashers in Vista? I was planning on living in Vista but no dishwashers would be a dealbreaker for me...
I def remember dishwashers in Vista, in addition to the pots, pans, plates, etc.
Disneyland Paris '07
Disney Magic Mediterranean Cruise '11
Hoping for Tokyo Disney one day!
blearbear4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 04:41 AM   #6
ladypage
And that's how the story about me sleeping with the entire Polish national basketball team started

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperionDreamer

Yup, there are. Don't worry about that.

Former Epcot CM

PROUD MEMBER OF
GIRAFFE WATCH 2012

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009176
ladypage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:20 AM   #7
aznshents
Mouseketeer

No cutting boards, either. And the pots and pans, were, IMHO, terrible.
aznshents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 03:57 PM   #8
ladypage
And that's how the story about me sleeping with the entire Polish national basketball team started

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznshents View Post
No cutting boards, either. And the pots and pans, were, IMHO, terrible.
I think this all depends on the apartment and previous residents. The old tenants in ours took almost all of the pots and pans and utensils with them when they left, we don't know why. But they just gave us brand new ones of everything we were missing, and it was great. They were nice and shiny and worked really well. But I know one of my roommates kind of messed our up for the next people in our apartment (she left one pot on high heat with nothing in it for 2 DAYS! ), and she had to pay a small fee for it.

Former Epcot CM

PROUD MEMBER OF
GIRAFFE WATCH 2012

Old 08-16-2012, 04:03 PM   #9
aznshents
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladypage View Post
(she left one pot on high heat with nothing in it for 2 DAYS! ), and she had to pay a small fee for it.
I literally jaw dropped the same time your emoticons did. Excuse me while I pick it off from the floor.

Seriously, some people...
Old 08-17-2012, 04:42 PM   #10
janierae
Earning My Ears

There are definitely dishwashers at vista!!
janierae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 11:07 PM   #11
DizzneyMom
Disney Mom

Quote:
I think this all depends on the apartment and previous residents. The old tenants in ours took almost all of the pots and pans and utensils with them when they left, we don't know why. But they just gave us brand new ones of everything we were missing, and it was great. They were nice and shiny and worked really well. But I know one of my roommates kind of messed our up for the next people in our apartment (she left one pot on high heat with nothing in it for 2 DAYS! ), and she had to pay a small fee for it.
Sounds like the stories my son told me about the college program.
DizzneyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 12:55 AM   #12
ladypage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzneyMom View Post
Sounds like the stories my son told me about the college program.
I swear, this girl had never been on her own in her life, and she had turned 18 two WEEKS before our move in date. It was bad enough that she was in entertainment, so she thought she was better than us, but we had to teach her how to use the laundry facilities. I still think the worst thing she did was running the dishwasher with liquid detergent. Not dish detergent, CLOTHES detergent. TWICE. IN A ROW.

We came home to find our whole apartment flooded, and she wanted maintenance to come clean it up for her, so we forced her to go check out a mp and clean it herself. As soon as that was done, she promptly closed the dishwasher back up, AND RESTARTED IT. We were so shocked, that she walked right past us and couldn't say anything for a few minutes. When the water (and bubbles!) started pouring out again, the screaming started, and she still didn't see how it was her fault.

I have never felt like acting violent against a person before, but she was it. I really wanted to just smack some sense in to her!

Former Epcot CM

PROUD MEMBER OF
GIRAFFE WATCH 2012

Old 08-20-2012, 08:37 AM   #13
aznshents
Mouseketeer

Dear god. My condolences to your miserable roommate experience...
Old 08-20-2012, 07:05 PM   #14
ladypage

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznshents View Post
Dear god. My condolences to your miserable roommate experience...
It's ok, thinking back now we can all only laugh. The rest of us in the apartment woulkd just go to one of our friends and let her deal with stuff herself. She was...interesting to say the least.

Former Epcot CM

PROUD MEMBER OF
GIRAFFE WATCH 2012

Old 08-25-2012, 04:48 AM   #15
PixieDustedBlog
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I swear, this girl had never been on her own in her life, and she had turned 18 two WEEKS before our move in date. It was bad enough that she was in entertainment, so she thought she was better than us, but we had to teach her how to use the laundry facilities. I still think the worst thing she did was running the dishwasher with liquid detergent. Not dish detergent, CLOTHES detergent. TWICE. IN A ROW.

We came home to find our whole apartment flooded, and she wanted maintenance to come clean it up for her, so we forced her to go check out a mp and clean it herself. As soon as that was done, she promptly closed the dishwasher back up, AND RESTARTED IT. We were so shocked, that she walked right past us and couldn't say anything for a few minutes. When the water (and bubbles!) started pouring out again, the screaming started, and she still didn't see how it was her fault.

I have never felt like acting violent against a person before, but she was it. I really wanted to just smack some sense in to her!
OMG! Okay, I put in liquid dishwasher soap ONCE because my husband (who was half asleep and I should had known better to ask him) said it was okay!! Good thing I caught it before having to check out a mop! We stayed in the smallest Chatham apartment too so yeah, there wasn't much room for the bubbles to go lol!

On the upside, at least she attempted to do the dishes? LOL!
PixieDustedBlog is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: