Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2012, 06:32 AM   #47
Laurie12820
Wishing Upon a Star for another Disney Cruise!

Yep! I found the images on the DISigns board and added the lettering myself.
RCCL: Empress (02, 06), Enchantment (07), Mariner (08), Granduer (09)
Laurie12820 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-17-2012, 06:26 PM   #48
AlexandNessa
Proud Redhead
Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
Must sleep barefoot
HEY EVERYONE...THIS IS A SECRET...SHE HATED THE MUMMY MOVIE

Enjoying your TR and pics! Your little one is adorable. :-) We are on the Magic to Canada on 9/2, & reading your thread has certainly helped to ramp the excitement.

Your Palo server Yelena ... Was she from Serbia by any chance? Tall with short brown hair?
Old 08-17-2012, 07:48 PM   #49
Laurie12820

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexandNessa View Post
Enjoying your TR and pics! Your little one is adorable. :-) We are on the Magic to Canada on 9/2, & reading your thread has certainly helped to ramp the excitement.

Your Palo server Yelena ... Was she from Serbia by any chance? Tall with short brown hair?
Yes, that was Yelena! She was great and so sweet!
Old 08-17-2012, 08:01 PM   #50
AlexandNessa
Proud Redhead
Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
Must sleep barefoot
HEY EVERYONE...THIS IS A SECRET...SHE HATED THE MUMMY MOVIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurie12820 View Post
Yes, that was Yelena! She was great and so sweet!
Thanks! We ere wondering if there two Yelenas! We knew her from the Magic in 2008, and then the Dream in 2011. Will certainly request her if she is still aboard next week.

Looking forward to more of your report!
Old 08-17-2012, 09:22 PM   #51
Bronxgirl
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexandNessa View Post

I will also be on the 9/2 Magic trip and I really enjoyed reading this. My DD is the same age as yours. I hope she doesn't have any major meltdowns, but you never know.
Bronxgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 09:35 AM   #52
Laurie12820

I'd recommend our dining room staff, but Ana was leaving for vacation the week after we disembarked!
Old 08-24-2012, 07:10 PM   #53
Laurie12820

Last Sea Day :(

Today was a sea day and sadly, it was our last day on board the Magic. We took our time getting ready this morning and opted to eat at Topsiders again. As we were leaving Topsiders we noticed the weather was cold an foggy again, yet another bad pool day.

As we were walking to the shops we saw that the Princess meet was in full swing and Princess Tiana had no line! We jumped right in and DD met her first princess!

After, we went to Shutters to choose the photos for our package. As we were checking out Snow White was coming through and said a quick hello to DD.
It was then that I realized that we were missing our Donald Duck pin from our lanyard. We had gotten it at Downtown Disney last year. We retraced our steps and sound the back to the pin in Shutters. We scoured Shutters and asked the Cast Members if they had found it. No such luck. With heavy hearts we continued to the shops were we were going to get some gifts for the family and some more pins. As we started walking across the tile floor we heard a clicking noise. DH soon discovered that Donald was with us all along! He was stuck to the bottom of DHs sneaker!
After buying some t-shirts, pins and antenna toppers we went back to the room to drop them off.

We then went up to the secret verandah on deck 7. We were enjoying the last few hours of vacation!

We were starting to get hungry so we went up to Topsiders again to have lunch.
We chose Topsiders again and had a great meal. We finished our lunch and then went to the Atrium for the Character Dance Party! DH wasnít feeling so well, so he went to get some air while DD and I danced with the Fab 5, Max, Stitch and Chip & Dale. DD had so much fun! She got to dance with Minnie and Stitch, she was in heaven!

We met DH back in the room who was feeling better and said he went to Guest Services to straighten out something with the on board account and just got back. We then got our snacks ready so we could head to the Buena Vista Theater to see Brave! We were very excited as this was going to be DDís first time seeing a movie in a theater! We were also excited because the movie was still in theaters back home!
We got to the theater and settled in. The previews rolled within 10 minutes and we really, really enjoyed the movie. By this time DD was beginning to tire so we let her take a nap. While she napped, we packed up our things so we could put our luggage out in order to enjoy the rest of our evening. DD woke up and we got ready to head to our last dinner on board.
Tonightís dinner was in Animatorís Palate. It was the Till We Meet again dinner. Shame on me, because I donít really remember what we ate! At this point, the ship was rocking and I wasnít feeling so hot! Fortunately the food at dinner cured that and we were able to enjoy the rest of the evening. It was then we said our good-byes to Ana, Richard and Neno. Though, we would be seeing them in the morning. Richard had taken some photos of DD eating her last Mickey bar and one of us.
These were all taken by Richard:

He explained that he loves to take photos, especially of his kids when they eat something messy! He showed us a picture of himself with his wife and two sons. It must be so hard to be apart for so long! They then did their parade of nations complete with baked alaska, yum! When they were finished, we snapped a shot of DD with Ana and Richard and said good-bye.

We decided to go and see Dreams in the theater. Another amazing show! DD loved seeing all of her favorite characters on stage! She also loved the music too! We decided to skip the Till We Meet Again show in the atrium as we had an early breakfast to be at. We got back to the room and I put in for a wake up call. After DH ordered some room service and we enjoyed the last Mickey Bars of the cruise.

Old 08-25-2012, 07:46 AM   #54
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I could go for a Mickey bar right about now. mmmmmm

I am so excited to say that I am now booked on the magic for Sept. Not out of NYC, but it stil lwill be great fun!
I am loving all your pictures of al lthe great fun you had.
jenseib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 08:03 AM   #55
Laurie12820

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I could go for a Mickey bar right about now. mmmmmm

I am so excited to say that I am now booked on the magic for Sept. Not out of NYC, but it stil lwill be great fun!
I am loving all your pictures of al lthe great fun you had.
I'd love a daily Mickey bar....

We loved the Magic. Such a nice ship. It was definitely a change of pace for us as we have only ever cruise Royal.
Old 09-01-2012, 07:11 PM   #56
Laurie12820

Before I knew it, Mickey was on the phone telling us to get up and enjoy the day! What Mickey didnít understand was that there was no enjoyment to be had. Today we had to disembark the Magic!

We all got ready very quickly and went to Animatorís Palate for breakfast with our favorite servers. We were sure to take some pictures with them and once we finished breakfast they wished us a safe return home. It was really coming to an end...
We walked down to Studio Sea where we waited for the Donald tag to be called. We waited about 20 minutes and then Donald came up on the screen. We made our way down to the gangway and walked right off of the ship. We spotted our luggage quickly and waited in the customs line for about 10 minutes. Once through we waited for the elevator up to the parking lot.

We got to the lot, packed up the Jeep and began our ride home.

We absolutely loved our time aboard the Magic and would love to take another Disney cruise again!
Old 09-01-2012, 07:14 PM   #57
Laurie12820

I hope you all enjoyed my report of the NYC>Canada Magic cruise. We loved this cruise and hope to sail Disney again in the future. If you have any questions post them here and I'll try to respond as soon as I can. School starts Tuesday so I won't have much time to DIS anymore!
Old 09-02-2012, 09:15 AM   #59
Laurie12820

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
That last day just sucks doesn't it. But it sounds like you had a fabulous cruise.
It sure does! But the prior 5 days made up for it.
Old 09-06-2012, 06:39 PM   #60
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Thanks for posting your TR. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Your DD is a doll.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: