Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-17-2012, 07:39 PM   #11
bubba's mom
Proud Redhead
DIS Cast Member
The Tag Fairy knows you as more than just "Wife of Eric Roberts--XM Spy"

Day 6

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th and Happy Birthday to Dad!!

We were all up at a reasonable time this morning. BIL made bacon & eggs for everyone. And, as usual, I cleaned up dishes. We sat around talking during and after breakfast and after dishes were cleaned up. Dad & Joyce (they don't change).

My husband's sister (Colleen) and her grandson (Lucas) were coming over later this afternoon. She called late morning when she was on her way. We expected her in about 2 hrs...early afternoon.

We needed to run out and pick up Dad's cake. Ryan wanted to stay home (shocker, right? ) so we went with BIL & SIL as they needed to stop at Walmart to pick up some things for the next week of vacation: sailing. The 4 of us shopped around Walmart and we picked up a couple bottles of wine for SIL's father. (We were spending the night before our flight at their house [because they are a LOT closer to MCO than Dad] and we wanted to give them a little something.)

After shopping and picking up the cake, we were back at Dad's and Colleen, had arrived in the meantime. It'd been a long time since we'd seen her. A couple years since she moved from our area to Florida.

Everyone headed to the pool to hang out and relax before the early dinner had to start being made. We mostly relaxed in the pool, but Lucas had a lot of fun! A lot of the pool pix were taken by Joyce since I was IN the pool!

Some random pool pix of us: Randy, me, BIL, SIL, Ryan, Colleen, Lucas and Dad & Joyce.

Other random goofing around the pool shots: Ryan, 1, 2, 3, Ryan, Lucas, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and brothers. LMFAO had his famous song on and my husband did a little 'wiggle wiggle' to it. He didn't realize Lucas was behind him...made for a funny picture!

Since BIL had to leave that night, we had an early dinner. Dad had requested a cookout of dogs, burgers and brats. My son had a cheeseburger and, not 1, but TWO brats! Guess he was hungry? But, it was a nice dinner and then we had cake and gifts. Making a wish. Which is probably along the lines of "I wish my kids wouldn't spend money on me". And, as every year, he was annoyed because we spent money on him. He really loved the card Ryan picked out for him though...suited him perfectly! And on the phone Father's Day, Dad was joking around about the 'lack of cash' in his Father's Day card. So, my husband stuffed 20 $1 bills in his card as a joke. Using the "feels a little thin" to make the impression to joke about. Dad worked it like a pro! We weren't sure if the annual Phillies t-shirt was a good gift (since they are playing awful this year), but Dad liked it. At first he wasn't happy with the blu-ray DVD player we got him, but since he wanted to be able to use his surround sound with the DVD player, we had to get him a new one. And Randy even hooked it up for him (because Dad said if he didn't, it'd sit in the box until we came down next year!).

After dinner, and I , BIL, SIL and Colleen & Lucas headed back toward home. (it's a 2 hour drive, so it's long & tiring). We settled in to watch the Phils game (& Cliff got his FIRST win of the season!) and then headed to bed when that was over.

Another good year of birthday fun!

Last edited by bubba's mom; 08-18-2012 at 02:08 PM.
bubba's mom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: