Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Photography Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2012, 06:33 PM   #16
ukstitch
I'm not sure I'm quite your average, typical male
I think I need to eat some humble pie
I've got a few hours of DIS chatting ahead of me tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackiedawg View Post
Always remember too that you can look for any Alpha, A-mount, Maxxum, or Minolta AF lens - it's all one mount, and all the lenses will work normally on the Sony bodies - autofocus, stabilized, etc. Some folks think they need to buy a 'Sony' lens, but there are lenses for the Sony mount made by Sigma and Tamron and occasional others, and a nice backlog of reasonably-priced and good performing Minolta lenses ranging from $50 used to several thousand depending on the lens.
One small thing to keep in mind when looking at used lenses for the Sony SLT cameras is that many of the older sigma lenses have known problems when used on SLT cameras. They can be fixed and it's not every lens, but I'd always recommend testing a used sigma on your camera before buying it to be certain if you don't want the hassle of getting it fixed later.

Other than that, I'd genuinely recommend some of the non-sony lenses. I think of all the lenses I own, maybe 1 is a sony - most of my lenses are tamron and minolta

Facebook | Flickr | 500px

ukstitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 07:17 PM   #17
photo_chick
Knows a little about a lot of things, a lot about nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukstitch View Post
One small thing to keep in mind when looking at used lenses for the Sony SLT cameras is that many of the older sigma lenses have known problems when used on SLT cameras. They can be fixed and it's not every lens, but I'd always recommend testing a used sigma on your camera before buying it to be certain if you don't want the hassle of getting it fixed later.

Other than that, I'd genuinely recommend some of the non-sony lenses. I think of all the lenses I own, maybe 1 is a sony - most of my lenses are tamron and minolta
Canon DSLR's also have problems with older Sigma lenses. And by older I mean 35mm era lenses. I've got one and you can't even set the aperture with a DSLR.

photo_chick is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: