Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK DVC Discussion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-16-2012, 05:37 PM   #16
UKDEB
Found the Tag Fairy's hangout
All whacked up on Scooby Snacks
 
UKDEB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Gloucester, UK
Posts: 11,982
DISboards Moderator

Oh, I see. Well, I guess the simple difference is that TOTW Lounge is an under-used facility so it makes sense to relax the rules, whereas SAB is an extremely popular one where close monitoring is required to ensure that those using it legitimately can do so without compromise.
__________________

October 1992 ~ Enclave Suites, I-Drive May 1996 ~ Omni Rosen, I-Drive October 1998 ~ Villa-Clear Creek August 2000 ~ Beach Club/Villa-Sunset Lakes July 2001 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge/Hard Rock Hotel/Villa-Formosa Gdns Christmas 2001 ~ Villa-Formosa Gardens October 2002 ~ Hard Rock Hotel/Villa-Formosa Gdns May 2003 ~ Portofino Bay/Villa-Cumbrian Lakes January 2004 ~ Ritz-Carlton Grande Lakes/Villa-Formosa Gardens July 2004 ~ Grand Floridian/Portofino Bay/Villa-Formosa Gardens December 2004 ~ Villa-Rolling Hills/Disney Wonder Cruise/BoardWalk Grand Villa/Contemporary April 2005 ~ Washington DC, Shenandoah, Blue Ridge Parkway, Charleston, Savannah, Royal Pacific Resort/Villa-Acadia Estates January 2006 ~ Reunion Resort/Royal Pacific Resort April 2006 ~ Celebration Hotel/NCL Jewel Cruise/Hotel Victor, Miami/Beach Cottage-Disney's Vero Beach October 2006 ~ Reunion Resort/BoardWalk Villa/Rosen Shingle Creek August 2007 ~ Saratoga Springs//Reunion Grande January 2008 ~ Saratoga Springs/Beach Club Villas/Reunion Resort November 2008 ~ BoardWalk Villas/Royal Pacific Resort/Saratoga Springs March 2011 ~ Celebrity Cruise/Veness Towers, a stone's throw from the Magic Kingdom November 2012 ~ Bay Lake Tower/Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota/Ritz-Carlton Destination Club, Jupiter/Saratoga Springs September 2013 ~ Kidani Village/Saratoga Springs May 2014 ~ Beach Club Villas/Wyndham Grand Bonnet Creek/Bay Lake TowerJanuary 2015 ~ Four Seasons Golden Oak/Bay Lake Tower
UKDEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 05:56 PM   #17
paulh
likes to have a beer
Guiness?
 
paulh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: manchester england
Posts: 5,524

think storm-along bay and TOTW are 2 different things,There has never been pool hoping at Storm-along due to fact its so popular, and last week being that last week of the usa school holiday season, which meant it would be a busy time.so not surprised they were checking ids.
As for the TOTW as we were never allowed to visit before the thought made it seem special when staying in BLT went we there.After staying at BLT and using TOTW lounge now see why they have opened it up, because if they don't they will have to shut it due to lack of use
Adapt or die
Paul
__________________
been going since 1992 sayed offtite a few years then at ASMovies,ASmusic,ASsports,Pop,Caribiean beach.coranardo springs,port orleans,beach club,wildernes lodge,AK lodge,Vero beah,Hilton head island,Disneyland hotel ca,paradice pier ca and fav saratoga springs resort all in no particular order and how can i forget the disney 7 night cruise




"Fire. The Greatest Invention of Mankind. Beer. A Close Second."
paulh is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-16-2012, 06:11 PM   #18
corpcomp
The 100 Yard Dash and Mr. D
 
corpcomp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Wilton, CT
Posts: 1,115

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKDEB View Post
Oh, I see. Well, I guess the simple difference is that TOTW Lounge is an under-used facility so it makes sense to relax the rules, whereas SAB is an extremely popular one where close monitoring is required to ensure that those using it legitimately can do so without compromise.
Excellent way of putting it!

Now if they would just hold the line on ticket prices - will pass $100 including tax next year. I think that's about $83 euros for one park / one person.
__________________
Corpcomp

1980-2000 - too many to count
March 01 Poly, March 02, 03 Coronado Springs
March 04 Caribbean Beaches, March 05, 06 Coronado Springs
July 06, April 07, April 08 BCV, June 08 BWV & Yacht Club, Feb 09 BWV, Halloween 09 SSR & BWV, April 10, July 10 BCV & VWL, Aug 11 BWV, Aug 12 BCV, April 13 BCV, NYE 13 BLT & BCV
corpcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:29 PM   #19
corpcomp
The 100 Yard Dash and Mr. D
 
corpcomp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Wilton, CT
Posts: 1,115

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulh View Post
think storm-along bay and TOTW are 2 different things,There has never been pool hoping at Storm-along due to fact its so popular, and last week being that last week of the usa school holiday season, which meant it would be a busy time.so not surprised they were checking ids.
As for the TOTW as we were never allowed to visit before the thought made it seem special when staying in BLT went we there.After staying at BLT and using TOTW lounge now see why they have opened it up, because if they don't they will have to shut it due to lack of use
Adapt or die
Paul
School does not start for a lot of us (all of New England) till August 27th and those in private prep school after Labor Day - September 4th I think this year. SAB did not check as closely in the past are they did the first week of August. Usually after 4pm no one checked your room key - they do now up until in closes at night. The parks were packed with people from Europe and South America that week - perhaps they may not be familiar with the restrictions at SAB and the hotel was extra careful in keeping non Beach Club / Yacht Club people from using the pool. However, to get back to topic, I hope that TOTW does better and they don't shut it down from lack of use.

Also Fantasyland remodeling is going very well and is due to finish by next Easter. They have a whole new castle being built there. Looks a bit like Hogwarts.
__________________
Corpcomp

1980-2000 - too many to count
March 01 Poly, March 02, 03 Coronado Springs
March 04 Caribbean Beaches, March 05, 06 Coronado Springs
July 06, April 07, April 08 BCV, June 08 BWV & Yacht Club, Feb 09 BWV, Halloween 09 SSR & BWV, April 10, July 10 BCV & VWL, Aug 11 BWV, Aug 12 BCV, April 13 BCV, NYE 13 BLT & BCV
corpcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 01:25 PM   #20
paulh
likes to have a beer
Guiness?
 
paulh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: manchester england
Posts: 5,524

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpcomp View Post
School does not start for a lot of us (all of New England) till August 27th and those in private prep school after Labor Day - September 4th I think this year. SAB did not check as closely in the past are they did the first week of August. Usually after 4pm no one checked your room key - they do now up until in closes at night. The parks were packed with people from Europe and South America that week - perhaps they may not be familiar with the restrictions at SAB and the hotel was extra careful in keeping non Beach Club / Yacht Club people from using the pool. However, to get back to topic, I hope that TOTW does better and they don't shut it down from lack of use.

Also Fantasyland remodeling is going very well and is due to finish by next Easter. They have a whole new castle being built there. Looks a bit like Hogwarts.
The schools in florida and the south tend to go back after the end of the second week in aug,there is always a drop in attendance then.
Fantasy land like hogwarts
Paul
__________________
been going since 1992 sayed offtite a few years then at ASMovies,ASmusic,ASsports,Pop,Caribiean beach.coranardo springs,port orleans,beach club,wildernes lodge,AK lodge,Vero beah,Hilton head island,Disneyland hotel ca,paradice pier ca and fav saratoga springs resort all in no particular order and how can i forget the disney 7 night cruise




"Fire. The Greatest Invention of Mankind. Beer. A Close Second."
paulh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.