Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 09:54 AM   #166
cittycat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendylady36 View Post
My mom, that some of you got to meet at this years Diva meet, was diagnosed with endometrial cancer last week. We went to the doctors today and he said she is at a grade(not the same as stage) 3, which is the most aggressive you can have. She has a few tests (EKG, CT scan, etc) that she needs to get done before her surgery (a hysterectomy). He also thinks she will need both radiation and chemo afterward. She doesn't want me to tell anybody, but I need the support. Please keep us in your thoughts.
I don't know you yet, but I'll keep your family in my thoughts & prayers.
Old 08-17-2012, 09:56 AM   #167
cittycat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamoMama View Post
I haven't been posting in this thread much lately, but we have a lot going on. Tomorrow kid #2 and I are road tripping up to Bothell to drop her and the kitties off with my parents. I'll leave my car there and fly home Friday morning. When I'm done putting everything in storage and detailing the house I'll pack everything we need for the next month or so in the back of my pickup and head north myself. That trip is going to be two days, I plan to stop in Portland overnight. My pickup is in amazing shape, but it is nearly 30 years old so I don't wanna overload the poor thing.

Anyway, the move is taking shape and starting to feel real. It will be even more so after the kid and cats are out of the way and I can do some serious packing.

We've also been discussing how many trips to Disney we can fit in over the next few months and weighing the drive or fly options.
Hey! I work in Bothell...if you ever want to meet for coffee, lunch, or a drink I'd love to meet you!!

Enjoy the driving adventure!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-17-2012, 11:16 AM   #168
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My mom, that some of you got to meet at this years Diva meet, was diagnosed with endometrial cancer last week. We went to the doctors today and he said she is at a grade(not the same as stage) 3, which is the most aggressive you can have. She has a few tests (EKG, CT scan, etc) that she needs to get done before her surgery (a hysterectomy). He also thinks she will need both radiation and chemo afterward. She doesn't want me to tell anybody, but I need the support. Please keep us in your thoughts.
Wendy so sorry to hear that your family is being touched by this terrible illness. The DIS is a very caring place and you have many friends here to support you .... even those of us who have yet to meet you.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:04 PM   #169
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Happy Friday!! I hope everyone has a great weekend. I booked our room at the Donatello last night, I know nothing about this place but it looks nice and should be fun. We are staying on points so all we have to pay for is the parking fee....which is $28! :O I had no idea but I would have booked it either way. lol So I think Sunday we will go to Napa for lunch and wine tasting, then head to SF and check in, eat somewhere in the city for dinner and then on Monday I'll take Micah to the AoS (we probably won't have time for the WDFM so I'll save that for another day) and to Hog Island Oysters and then head for home. Should be a nice little get away.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
Old 08-17-2012, 12:45 PM   #170
LisaCat
Counting too many days till my next trip to Disney!

Happy Friday, everyone! I'll be offline all weekend - we'll be down in the Bay Area for a big birthday bash for Russ' aunt. Then I'll be back on Monday and offline again Tuesday and Wednesday as I head back down to Anaheim with a friend of mine and her daughters. Can't wait!

Have a great weekend, everybody!

Old 08-17-2012, 02:01 PM   #171
wendylady36
Why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac284 View Post
OMG Wendy I am SO sorry! ((Hugs)) and prayers and I am always around if you ever want to chat. I can pm you my number or if you want to just go and have a coffee sometime (since we live in the same town) and just have an ear or shoulder whatever I am available.

Will be praying!!
Thank you, Kelly. Can we upgrade coffee to vodka?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCat View Post
Oh, Wendy! Hugs and prayers! I wondered why you and your sister were so upset on FB.
Thank you, Lisa. I keep thinking about our trip on the canoes and it makes me smile. My mom just did NOT want to be on those things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyFan View Post
Oh no, Wendy. That has got to be scary. Please know that your girls are here for you.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Thank you, Tina. It is very scary. My mommy is my best friend, and I don't like that she is going through this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-inspired View Post
Wendy, I'm praying for you and your mom. My mom had a partial hysterectomy because of a tumor a few years ago, I pray your mom has a speedy recovery and that the chemo & radiation are greatly effective.
Thank you, Cristabel. So scary to have our mom's go through this kind of thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulubelle View Post
Oh Wendy girl, I am so sorry. I hate cancer, I really do.
I am sending pixie dust your way and thinking all good thoughts.
Please let us know if we can do anything.
Try and stay positive and strong. Hugs to you and your mom.
Thank you Linda. Cancer sucks, big time. Why does it have to exist? I want to kick it in the bum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocherie View Post
Wendy: you know I am always here. Has your Mom's surgery been scheduled?
Thank you, Cheryl. The surgery isn't scheduled yet. They are hoping to do it next week or the week after at the latest. She has to get a few more tests done before they proceed, so we're waiting on the clinic to make 3 appointments, and I was able to get an appointment first thing Monday morning for my mom's EKG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewings71 View Post
(((HUGS))) Wendy, please know we are here for you! If there is anything we can do..... (((HUG)))
Thank you Kerri. I really appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21yankees View Post
Wendy I'm so sorry. Keeping you and your family in my family's thoughts and prayers.

steph
Thank you, Steph!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageDisneyRules View Post
Sorry to hear this news Wendy. Your Mom is such a great person, she had me laughing so much when I met her on the last trip. Since she doesn't want you telling anyone you won't be able to tell that I am thinking of her and wishing her the best outcome. Hugs for you.
Thank you, Trudi. She really enjoyed spending time with you and telling all her stories about me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandyk View Post
Wendy- I am so sorry to her about your mom. I hope surgery goes well. You and your mom are in my thoughts.
Thank you, Kandace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyStitch626 View Post
Wendy, so sorry to hear. I will keep you in my thoughts and send pixie dust your way.
Thank you, Andrea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cittycat View Post
I don't know you yet, but I'll keep your family in my thoughts & prayers.
Thanks Cat. When you meet me, you'll love me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Wendy so sorry to hear that your family is being touched by this terrible illness. The DIS is a very caring place and you have many friends here to support you .... even those of us who have yet to meet you.
Thank you, Linda.

You gals really are the best.
Old 08-17-2012, 05:47 PM   #172
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers

Wendygirl,

I am so deeply affected by your news. I know how close you are to your Mom. I will be praying for the whole situation, and your family.

My love and the biggest of hugs to you sweetie!
Old 08-17-2012, 10:26 PM   #173
Califgirl

VMK MVP
I heart my DIS VMK friends
Looked for Stitch, but found Huck Springs!

Big hugs, Wendy. I'm so sorry to hear that your mom is going through this.
Old 08-18-2012, 02:07 AM   #174
CamoMama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Good luck. My mom was diagnosed with uterine cancer years ago, she had a complete hysterectomy and ended up not needing the chemo. She's been cancer free for over 10 years now. I hope your mom's results are as good, and will keep thinking happy thoughts for her and your family.

Feb/Mar 2014 - DLR Diva Trip - GCH
Feb/Mar 2013 - DLR Diva Trip - HoJo's
July 2012 - DLR - Anaheim Carriage Inn (never again)
May 2012 - DLR - Motel 6 ~ Read my solo trip report here!
February 2012 - CBR
July 2010 - DLR - Embassy Suites
1978-1990 - DLR - multiple trips, all offsite
Old 08-18-2012, 02:08 AM   #175
CamoMama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cittycat View Post
Hey! I work in Bothell...if you ever want to meet for coffee, lunch, or a drink I'd love to meet you!!

Enjoy the driving adventure!!
I made it back this afternoon! The cats survived the trip, although I almost strangled them around Portland. I'll be up there myself in a couple of weeks, once I get settled in we'll try to get in touch, that would be fun.

Feb/Mar 2014 - DLR Diva Trip - GCH
Feb/Mar 2013 - DLR Diva Trip - HoJo's
July 2012 - DLR - Anaheim Carriage Inn (never again)
May 2012 - DLR - Motel 6 ~ Read my solo trip report here!
February 2012 - CBR
July 2010 - DLR - Embassy Suites
1978-1990 - DLR - multiple trips, all offsite
Old 08-18-2012, 02:13 AM   #176
debbiedoo
DIS Veteran

Hello. . I live in the area. Couldn't do the whole trip but maybe come around for one day?

There are three classes of people: those who see, those who see when they are shown, those who do not see. Leonardo da Vinci
Old 08-18-2012, 01:51 PM   #177
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

Hey Wendy Vodka works too. You can drink that and I will be drinking my coke

Continued prayers to you. Thinking about you all the time and hoping things go smoothly and that she recovers quickly!

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
Old 08-18-2012, 02:32 PM   #178
jordansmomma
DebbieLouWho WendyLouWho's sister
I would so be in...but I am not climbing on top
The cheap & free ones are not that bad

I just have to say CANCER SUCKS!!!!!

WendyLou~ I totally understand where you are coming from. I just dealt with that for the last few years with my mom. Love you seester!
Old 08-18-2012, 02:36 PM   #179
jordansmomma
DebbieLouWho WendyLouWho's sister
I would so be in...but I am not climbing on top
The cheap & free ones are not that bad

How's everyone? Welcome to all the newbies!

Life is just crazy, just dealing with things about my mom. It still doesn't seem like she passed away 3 weeks ago. But I had a great visit with my brothers & sister & nieces & nephews. But Washington to Oklahoma is a VERY LONG DRIVE!! But I do have to say, Southern people have the best attitude & so very polite and welcoming.
I am so very ready for it to be February!!
Old 08-18-2012, 10:05 PM   #180
stacielee
Why do I go to Disneyland? BECAUSE I CAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiedoo View Post
Hello. . I live in the area. Couldn't do the whole trip but maybe come around for one day?
Of course! Step up and tell us about yourself. The 1st page has all the information so just make sure to check that out often!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: