Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2012, 09:03 AM   #391
kid-at-heart
DIS Veteran

Oh my, be away from DIS for a couple of weeks and all sorts of things happen. Loving your report. I would have been so freaked out with losing a Wave phone. I am glad you guys found it. Yea for fish extenders!

kate

kid-at-heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:47 AM   #392
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

dont worry about her arm...she has two of them right?

CRdisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-17-2012, 10:55 AM   #393
Misskitty3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post

What a cool picture!!
Disneyland: Nov '14-Hojo's... June '13-Hojo's.....May '12-BWPPI...May ’09-Hojo’s…Oct ‘07–Grand Californian…Nov ‘06–Paradise Pier...June ’04–Disneyland Hotel...June ‘96-Anaheim Hilton…July ‘95-Carousel Inn…Aug ’92–Carousel Inn…July ’90-Embassy Suites…July ’89-Anaheim Hilton…May ’88-Penny Sleeper…May ’87-Penny Sleeper…April ’77 (?)…June ’76 - Disneyland Hotel….June ‘73 First trip ever to Disneyland!!!

WDW: July ’94 - Marriott Orlando World Center.…April ’94 - Marriott Orlando World Center….July ’86 - Marriott Orlando World Center….April ’86 - Marriott Orlando World Center
Misskitty3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 10:24 PM   #394
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post
We were all up at guess what time? "Half past bright and early!" thats how I roll on vacation too

It was another gorgeous day waking up onboard the Magic - but then again, even a bad day on the Magic is better than a good day back home!!!!
true that!

We will be docking alongside the Fantasy for yet another FIRST!!! First time two Disney ships have been docked side by side in another port!
you mean the magic and wonder never were together?

That Ally came out on deck (she and her pals had left for awhile while we were waiting on clearance from port authority)..... crying.... and said.....

"I lost the wave phone!"
OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Tammi and Tori already knew it was missing - apparently Ally had put it in her pocket and at some point realized it was gone. Ally went to Tammi first, because she knew what kind of reaction she's get from Mama.....
HA i know some kids like that too

We all met up at our cabin about 15 minutes later and there it was, in our fish extender!!! So THANK YOU to whoever took the time to return it!!!
awesome.. oh man you know how many drinks of the day that could have been

We soon discovered this was a BIG day out in port for crew members. We saw a LOT of them debarking with us.
haha i think they always let them "FREE" there they really let loose when we were tehre

Trying to upload video now but having a problem. Anyone good with Macs?
im good with a Mac.. oh wait you meant computer.. I meant E.. thats his nickname

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRdisMom View Post
OMG so glad you posted this I was thinking it too LOL
Old 08-20-2012, 11:44 AM   #395
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
Ooohhhhhh....that must have been baaaaaaad.......so glad someone turned it in! YAY for Disney peeps and disney CMs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony64 View Post
So pleased you got the phone back, I was feeling for poor Ally having to tell you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleGirlGrey View Post
So if a Cast Member finds the phone and returns it to the front desk or whatnot do you still have to pay for it?

Thats awesome that someone returned it to your room though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Whew! I'm glad the phone was returned! They should have homing devices.

Looking forward to the rest of your day!
Quote:
Originally Posted by disney debi View Post
So glad you got that phone back. That's a lot of lobster! Can't wait to hear more.
We were all dreading that bill for the phone! Ally just KNEW how much trouble she was in, so thank goodness for the fish extender!!!! If the phone is turned in anywhere, I don't think you have to pay for it. You can look at the phone and see what stateroom it belongs to, so I would hope that very few are actually "lost" - more likely just misplaced and turned in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
Oh wow! I love the pics of both ships in port!

Thank goodness someone returned that phone - I lived in fear of losing mine!

If you ever do figure out a good way to upload video on your Mac, please let me know. I have been struggling forever. I get it from my phone or camera to stupid iMovie, and then I'm stuck most of the time. I would like to just bypass iMovie altogether, but I'm not sure how to do that.
I love iMovie for actually making movies, it's super easy to place video, photos, music..... but why can't I just upload clip by clip????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniec View Post
Wow, that last pic is awesome!

I think it's so neat on these trip reports that people can just run into the characters. I really miss that at the parks. As you know, if you run into one, they can't stop. I think I will really be looking forward to that for my son. Reminds me of when I was a kid.
This is one reason why I just love the cruise more than the parks. The interaction with the characters is so intimate. Ally was too old on our first cruise, but to think of the younger kids dancing with princesses, or other characters, in the Oceaneer's Club, is just mind blowing! You'd never find that in the parks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Thanks goodness the phone was found!!!!
You got that right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor01 View Post
Mo is great. We had him before and he took great care of us for our Palo Brunch and Dinner. One of the great things I miss about the Magic. I wish he would come over to the Fantasy.
Loved him! He was just professional enough but still able to cut up with us and have fun. Last year we had "Francois" and he was way too stuffy......

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
karajeboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 11:45 AM   #396
karajeboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid-at-heart View Post
Oh my, be away from DIS for a couple of weeks and all sorts of things happen. Loving your report. I would have been so freaked out with losing a Wave phone. I am glad you guys found it. Yea for fish extenders!

kate
That fish extender was a life saver... for Ally!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRdisMom View Post
The whole trip Jeff kept asking Ally, "how's your arm?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misskitty3 View Post
What a cool picture!!
We have it on video too and it really shows the ginormous ships, but I can't figure out how to get it uploaded.... aarrgghh!

DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
Old 08-20-2012, 01:30 PM   #397
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Kara, how did Ally carry her wave phone around? I realized too late that I don't really have a fanny pack or anything like that for my Allison and I know the phone doesn't have a clip or anything. I could give her a small drawstring bag to put it in, but since my daughter mostly lives in the clouds, surrounded by rainbows and unicorns, I'm sure the bag containing the phone could get left behind just as easily.

We leave on Thursday for our cruise on Saturday.
Old 08-20-2012, 05:50 PM   #398
karajeboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
Kara, how did Ally carry her wave phone around? I realized too late that I don't really have a fanny pack or anything like that for my Allison and I know the phone doesn't have a clip or anything. I could give her a small drawstring bag to put it in, but since my daughter mostly lives in the clouds, surrounded by rainbows and unicorns, I'm sure the bag containing the phone could get left behind just as easily.

We leave on Thursday for our cruise on Saturday.
I got her a little Vera Bradley cross body bag (about 6" high and 4" wide?) and she just wore that all the time. I have absolutely no idea how she lost it. She may have just had it in her pocket that day...... a mistake she didn't make again!

Old 08-21-2012, 04:17 PM   #399
Beth D
DIS Veteran

Hooray for FE and found stuff! That would have been about 40 DOD's! Or 39 too many in my book!

I love the expression on Ally's face in the last picture with Goofy!
Old 08-21-2012, 05:46 PM   #400
weswife
DIS Veteran

WOW!!!!! Your report was AWESOME! I loved the pics and videos! Your details were great!

Your trip looked like everyone had an amazing time! I am super excited for our 1st cruise on the Dream! I hope my family enjoys our trip as much as yours did.

As a side note my DH's video skills are equal to yours. My DH took a few still shots last year because he was sick of people asking if I went on the trip!

Thanks for sharing your wonderful memories!
Old 08-21-2012, 08:44 PM   #401
fito
Earning My Ears

Do you have contact info for Jordan's charter?
Disney Magic October 6, 2012....... AKL May 2012, Bay Lake Nov 2011, Disney Dream May 2011, AKL Dec 2010, Bay Lake June 2010, Saratoga Spring Break 2010, Disney Wonder Dec 2009, AKL July 2009, Saratoga New Years08!! , AKL June 2008, OKW March 2008,
fito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:56 AM   #402
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I love iMovie for actually making movies, it's super easy to place video, photos, music..... but why can't I just upload clip by clip????
Exactly! I'm sure that, if I ever remembered to take enough video to create some kind of fantastic movie project, iMovie would be a dream come true. But surely there has to be some easy way to get a simple video clip from an iPhone (or other device) to a Mac and then onto a hosting site!
RGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:43 AM   #403
tony64
Should've been a Cowboy
In charge of driving & collecting coffee and doughnuts for breakfast

Hi Kara

Is it time for a McUpdate yet. Pretty please.
1995 Paris 1997 Masters Inn 1999 Clarion Floridian 2001 HoJo 2003 Econolodge 2005 HoJo 2006 Sheraton Vistana 2007 Club Sevilla 2008 May Sheraton Vistana 2008 Aug Terrace Ridge 2009 Barefoot'n in the Keys 2010 Villa at Cumbrian Lakes2011 Sheraton Vistana & The Magic 2012KeyLargo, Sheriton Vistana & OKW
The Buckland Disney Stampede August 2005 TripThe S.V.R. 2006 Trip T&T Do Thanksgiving 2007 Trip T&T & 2 1st Timers May 2008 Trip T&T Do the Triple Aug 2008 Trip T&T's 2nd Thanksgiving Trip 1975 & 2010 A double trip Bad Mothers & Others Oct 2011 Key West to Old Key West Nov 2012

tony64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:59 PM   #404
karajeboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fito View Post
Do you have contact info for Jordan's charter?
Fat Fish Adventures. I HIGHLY recommend them! We have already booked for our Freedom of the Seas cruise this coming March. And of course I requested Jordan.....

Old 08-30-2012, 10:51 AM   #405
kgoldenh
Mouseketeer

Oh I am so loving reliving the whole trip over again with you. the Fantasy was huge compared to the magic. it was weird standing on the top deck and looking into balconies.

I am so glad the wave phone was found. Whew!

cannot wait to see the next update
Kate
kgoldenh is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: