Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-16-2012, 02:20 PM   #1
Elleshoodat
DIS Veteran

How many side trips can we fit in before our big trip? *NEW* 11/5 - Our trip to NYC

The Cast:

Tiffany - An überplanner who gets slightly anxious when there are no Disney trips in the foreseeable future. A loving mother and wife, content director and wannabe blogger.

Nick, my Disney Husband.

Andrew, my darling Disney Son.

Here we are on our last trip, when we sat for a mini portrait session at the Poly:

The Long-Term Plan:

We just got back from a trip to the World in early May (you can read about that trip here), but - being the type-A personality I am - I can't not plan our next visit. We hope to take a lengthy trip in either October 2013 for Food & Wine, or in the spring of 2014. A few factors will determine when we go, including our budget. I am bound and determined not to charge anything on our next trip, so we are saving, saving, saving.

And we have to save more than usual because we want to bring my parents along. We took lots of multigenerational/extended-family trips when my brother and I were growing up, and I remember them fondly. I want Andrew to grow up with similar memories. My parents live in Louisiana, so we don't get to see them nearly as often as we'd like, plus they are so generous and do so much for our family that we want to show our appreciation. Right now the plan is to cover the accommodations for all of us, and to pay for their tickets. They will pay for their transportation, meals and any souvenirs they want (or want to buy their grandson).

Side Trips:

Nick recently brought up the idea of taking short one- or two-day trips to the World until we can take our bigger trip next year. We won't go into the parks on any of our side trips - maybe go to Downtown Disney, SeaWorld or the outlet malls - but I *need* my Disney fix and can get it just by spending time in the resorts and restaurants.

We don't plan to let it affect our savings goal, but we do think it will help us both to have a little escape from "normal" life every few months.

Thanksgiving 1988, Offsite * June 1991, Beach Club * Easter 1995, Dixie Landings * June 1999, All-Star Movies * Easter 2005, Offsite * September 2007, Caribbean Beach * October 2008, Lake Buena Vista Best Western * May 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * October 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * April 2010, Port Orleans French Quarter * May 2012, Port Orleans French Quarter (Read our trip report here!) * October 2013, Wilderness Lodge

Last edited by Elleshoodat; 08-20-2012 at 09:00 AM.
Elleshoodat is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: