Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-16-2012, 01:39 PM   #11
scdufek
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinchiller

It's a grain-free, legume-free, low-sugar/carb diet. The idea is to get back to eating how our primal ancestors did. It's a diet heavy on vegetables, meat, and a bit of fruit and some nuts. The big difference between paleo and primal is that primal embraces fat either from the source, like with fatty cuts of meat, or through good oils, like coconut oil. Primal also allows for some dairy consumption. It's a bit more realistic and the biggest proponent of it even suggests an 80/20 ratio of primal to non-primal foods (though, the closer you get to 20, the less weight you will lose and the less good you will feel). While the diet is technically low-carb, it is low-carb naturally because you're getting your carbs from veggies and fruits, rather than carb-heavy breads, beans, and pastas.

Nearly everything I've read from people who follow the diet has been fantastic, that it makes them feel so much better.

I'm going to go ahead and give it a shot. The most I've got to lose is that I don't lose weight and/or I don't feel better. I'm spending the rest of this week and this weekend eating through our stash of non-primal friendly foods so I can start the Whole 30 program next week.

This is what my dh and I are doing! I love the taste of our food cooked in the unrefined coconut oil. In the 4 months we've been doing this, I have lost 33 inches overall and 25 pounds without even trying. I have only worked out a few times in the 4 months since starting and do need to add a little more. My dh has lost 30 inches overall and over 40 pounds with minimal exercise. Also, I have more energy and my several headaches a week are gone and no hypoglycemia attacks since doing this. Good luck!
scdufek is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: