Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2012, 10:53 AM   #61
eliza61

We're Americans, we're survivors

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigmentChick View Post
I'm from South Jersey and I find this accurate! LOL Having driven in the Wilmington area and Philly when I need to (and 295 around the Walt Whitman Bridge), I find driving at WDW relaxing. For me, I find that there is next to no traffic. We usually do rope drops and will either go back to the resort or park hop mid-day, but traffic is never bad at all. And this is coming from someone who lives in farm country! lol
LOL. Let's talk going over the Walt whitman bridge on a friday afternoon in the summer with everyone and their mama going ot the shore!!

I think that should be required driving for eveyone who applies for a license.

Driving around disney is a picnic. easy, breezy.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:47 PM   #62
jason10mm
Mouseketeer

I find it to be a lot like driving around an airport. Way more curves and exits than it seems there should be but in general the signage is good.

Can you leave your car in a park parking lot overnight? I will probably be driving to the parks on my next visit (will have an infant) but if we decide to take a bus back could we greturn in the AM to pick up the car? Will WDW tow or boot it?
jason10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-16-2012, 01:00 PM   #63
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61 View Post
LOL. Let's talk going over the Walt whitman bridge on a friday afternoon in the summer with everyone and their mama going ot the shore!!

I think that should be required driving for eveyone who applies for a license.

Driving around disney is a picnic. easy, breezy.
So true!!!!

Thank goodness I now work south of Route 42 (I will admit, I consider anything North of Route 42 to be central or northern NJ. lol). I absolutely hated my commute from Voorhees to home on Fridays and finally ended up switching my hours (thank you, flex time!) so I could dodge the traffic.

Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 02:09 PM   #64
WaDiWo
WDWFan!

Put me down as another New Jerseyan (jersey shore) who agrees that there is relatively no traffic at Walt Disney World.

My blog: I achieved my goal January 12, 2014! see how I did it: Couch to Goofy Marathon and a Half Challenge!
Hear my interview about achieving this goal on the Runner Academy Everyday Runners podcast.
My Castaway Cay 5k trip report HERE
Packing for a Disney Trip or Cruise? Check out my free ultimate packing (and to-do) list here.
WaDiWo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 02:22 PM   #65
autismgoesdisney
DIS Veteran

I have no clue if this website is accurate, but it has a ton of addresses:

http://www.disneyworldaddress.com/di...rt-address.htm

Next trip to WDW
August 23, 2014-September 1, 2014 - POR!

Next cruise: August 30, 2015 RCCL Freedom of the Seas!

Previous trips to WDW: 1981 Poly; 1984 Poly; Mar 2001 CSR; Nov 2008 Sports AS; Dec 2010 POP Century; Aug 2011 POR; Aug 2012 CBR/POR; Aug 2013 AOA/POR
Previous cruises: Carnival Splendor April 2013; Disney Fantasy January 2014;
autismgoesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 02:41 PM   #66
goofyernmost
DIS Veteran

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason10mm View Post
I find it to be a lot like driving around an airport. Way more curves and exits than it seems there should be but in general the signage is good.

Can you leave your car in a park parking lot overnight? I will probably be driving to the parks on my next visit (will have an infant) but if we decide to take a bus back could we greturn in the AM to pick up the car? Will WDW tow or boot it?
Although I don't know the absolute answer to your question, I'm sure that it has happened before and I doubt that Disney would tow it away immediately, but, I will leave that answer to someone that has an experienced knowledge. The part that does surprise me is the idea that you wouldn't take the car out because you have an infant. That is exactly when I would take my car and not the bus.

The buses can be a bear to deal with at the end of the night and I would think that having an infant to carry around with you would only increase that hassle exponentially. If the concern is dealing with the stroller on the trams, I think I can speak correctly and say that whatever hardship you encounter going to your car can be multiplied by 10 when taking the bus.

Please bear in mind that this is just my opinion, but, I know I wouldn't do it that way, for that reason.

Nothing adult has ever happened to me at Disney!
goofyernmost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:08 PM   #67
Urugami
DISdad #690

OK.. we're leaving on Sunday.
Let's see if I keep my perfect streak of missing the turn for MK parking and having to make the loop around the racetrack.
I should have at least 2 opportunities to mess it up
DISdad #690

ME (Chris) DW DS(8)
76,82,83,86DL,92DL,93,95,96,01,01/02,01/03,06/03,01/09ASM,11/09CBR,11/10CBR,04/12CBR,02/13POR,03/14CBR
Urugami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:13 PM   #68
twopearls
Mouseketeer

Only read the first page of replies, so sorry if someone also said this. I would also recommend knowing whether you are in an Epcot area resort, or a MK area resort, because sometimes the exit signs aren't for specific resorts, just "epcot area resorts". Ask at the desk if you're not sure. You might even want to ask "When I'm coming back from MK, what exit sign should I watch for?" This was the biggest confusion we had....
twopearls is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: