Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2012, 06:54 AM   #46
Buffalo2Disney
Should we be HYSTERICAL?

When I started reading through the article I just couldn't help but think with every new paragraph that they are just putting together every rumor that has been said on boards much like this one over the past number of years all into one article.

There just seems to be wayyy to much work going on here for one park, especially since Avatar is the next project in line and won't be done until 2016. Also I'm sure cars land would be cool, but the main attraction in that land is basically already at Epcot in Test Track. No reason to have the same type of ride in two different parks with a different theme. Just doesn't make sense to me.

Buffalo2Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:57 AM   #47
dtum
DIS Veteran

Since the lead Immagineer for Carsland in Disneyland has now been reassigned to DW, it makes one wonder if he will be doing the same thing at the studios. They really do need some type of overhaul of that park.

Fort Wilderness Camping - October 1983 (me, DH, DD), June 1993 (me, DH, DD, DS & friends), June 1997 (me, DH, DD, DS), May 2008 (DH and me)
Fort Wilderness Cabins - May 2004 (me, DH, DD, DS, SIL and GS)
Fort Wilderness Camping - June 2009 (me, DH) AND ASMo (SIL, DD, GS, DS)
Windsor Hills (Romancing the Mouse) - June 2011 (me, DH,DD, SIL, GS, DS)
Emerald Island (Puff's Vacation Home-Tropical Retreat) - July 2013 (everyone!)
Windsor Hills - DH and I - November 2014
dtum is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-16-2012, 07:06 AM   #48
Phatoomch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo2Disney View Post
When I started reading through the article I just couldn't help but think with every new paragraph that they are just putting together every rumor that has been said on boards much like this one over the past number of years all into one article.

There just seems to be wayyy to much work going on here for one park, especially since Avatar is the next project in line and won't be done until 2016. Also I'm sure cars land would be cool, but the main attraction in that land is basically already at Epcot in Test Track. No reason to have the same type of ride in two different parks with a different theme. Just doesn't make sense to me.
You make a good point, I think because the lead Immagineer has been transferred over to DW everyone is assuming it will be Cars ..... poor guy, he's done something great but now he's being labelled a one-trick pony. Maybe he is going to work on something new.

Either way, whatever they decide, an overhaul would be great
Phatoomch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:07 AM   #49
GenevieveRaqs
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Yep, these are good points.

Anyone know if that web site usually provides reputable Disney news? Or is this more of a Jim Hill type thing?
GenevieveRaqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:30 AM   #50
chicagoshannon
DIS Veteran

I just don't believe that they'll it that Racers ride in at DHS. They already have Test Track in Epcot.

I'd love a Star Wars character meal.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:35 AM   #51
Cafeen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by coozieman View Post
is it safe to assume you don't like the hat?
Well, to be fair, I don't really mind the hat. I just don't like where it's located and what it's used for. It destroys a great sightline down Hollywood Blvd and it's used as... a pin store. Every other icon has some sort of use, but this is... a pin store. A pin store, that blocks the classic theater look.

If it were placed as a centerpiece in the Animation Courtyard, I'd not mind it nearly as much.

Quote:

Yup. It's likely just a lot of combined fluff with one or two possible truths

Next Trip: NOT Solo... 10/17-10/27 @ Pop/CBR split. This time with Brother, Sister-in-Law, Nephew, and Mom (well, at least mostly not solo.)
TRs: Learning to NOT Photograph Fireworks Behind Trees (Sept 2012 PTR (no TR... yet?)
New Camera? Sounds like a perfect excuse for another Disney trip! (Sept 2011 PTR/TR)
Cafeen takes it slow in Sept... (Sept 2010) || Daddy for a week... - (Sept 2009)
Cafeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:32 AM   #52
PoohsFan1
DIS Veteran

Quote:

When I read the article, I had to see what date it was written...it sounded like an April Fool's Day joke . I am taking all of this with a grain of salt. Until Disney actually announces something, I am just going to think it would be cool but not put too much into it. Don't get me wrong, I think DHS should get the much desired TLC that it so needs, and some of the rumors listed I could see possibly happening, but I really don't see some of the other ones getting the o.k., however you never know.

PoohsFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:33 AM   #53
UConnFan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post

I've noticed that very few are questioning the likelihood of this rumour becoming reality. Or the timeframe. I do have doubts that Disney will spend the hundreds of millions of dollars required to do this (not to mention the disruption in the parks as attractions are closed) AT THE SAME TIME as they are spending a similar amount on the new expansion of AK.

As for Kathy Mangum's arrival at WDW, Mouseplanet has a completely different spin:

While I completely agree that DHS needs some loving care, I don't see this major overhaul happening until the new land in AK is completed.

I agree. I think they'll focus on AK now. I also think there's no way they'll upgrade everything the article discusses. It's just too much! I'll believe it when I see it.

July 14-21, 2014 - Port Orleans Riverside
December 6-9 2013 Disapalooza - Pop Century
May 19-26 2013 Disneymoon at Pop Century
December 17-21 2012 - Pop Century
New Years 2010/2011 - Pop Century
July 2010
April 2005 - Fort Wilderness Campground
June 2004
UConnFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:37 AM   #54
aznshents
Mouseketeer

There is no way we'll be able to see anything this large in scale until AT LEAST after Avatarland is done or in the stages FLE is in now... They have so much to worry about with FLE and then Avatarland, there's no way this can be in more than just speculation and planning.

EDIT: The article says 2018 completion. When you look at a 2015 completion for Avatarland, it does make sense... I would really like to see some of these 'various sources' as this sounds like nothing more than
aznshents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:58 AM   #55
molitva
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtum View Post
Since the lead Immagineer for Carsland in Disneyland has now been reassigned to DW, it makes one wonder if he will be doing the same thing at the studios. They really do need some type of overhaul of that park.
Kathy Mangum. So it's a she. Sorry for nit picking, but well...

molitva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:13 AM   #56
Victoria3
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a lot of blue sky and fanboy dreaming.
Old 08-16-2012, 09:36 AM   #57
JetsetJAK
Mouseketeer

I agree with the person who posted that they felt like this was some kind of April Fool's Joke while reading that article. It does seem all too good to be true, but I suppose we'll see. I really can't believe that they'd do something this major at the same time as Avatarland over at Animal Kingdom.

If it DOES happen, what I would be most excited about is the Star Wars and Muppet additions. Especially with Star Wars, it seems like such a no-brainer, I'm surprised they haven't expanded on both those properties already. And glad to hear that The Great Movie Ride could be getting some attention. I love that ride, but when I rode it in 2010 it just felt so amazingly dated. Has that film at the end of the ride ever been updated since the park opened in '89?

As far as Cars Land is concerned, I could take it or leave it. But if it's as big a hit at California Adventure as they're saying, then by all means go for it. But is that speculation just based on the fact that imagineers who worked on Cars Land are now at WDW? If Cars Land is such a hit, couldn't it be possible that they were brought in to work on creating something new? Does it HAVE to be Cars Land?

In regards to the Tower of Terror: According to wikipedia, when that attraction was added to California Adventure, the entire ride system was redesigned to make it more efficient and to "conserve space and money". The new system also apparently allows them to repair individual sections of the attraction without the entire ride having to go down. This saved them money and resulted in fewer breakdowns, so they went with this design when the attraction was added to Walt Disney Studios Park and TokyoSea. Maybe they're finally going to upgrade the Hollywood Studios version to the better ride system?

Ultimately, I'd be lying if I said I didn't wish Disney would give this kind of money and attention to EPCOT. Oh well.

Fall '89 - Caribbean Beach Resort
Spring '94 - offsite (Orlando Twin Towers)
Fall '00 - offsite (Delta Orlando Resort)
Fall '10 - All-Star Movies
FALL '12 - ALL-STAR MUSIC
JetsetJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:47 AM   #58
disneychic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by UConnFan

I agree. I think they'll focus on AK now. I also think there's no way they'll upgrade everything the article discusses. It's just too much! I'll believe it when I see it.
I know, but one can only hope.
disneychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:05 AM   #59
ttintagel
DIS Veteran

I dunno. I tend to think that if there were any plans to duplicate Carsland, they would have been making two of everything from the beginning, the way they did for the Little Mermaid rides. It's far cheaper to do it that way, isn't it?
ttintagel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:10 AM   #60
rlduvall
I just sit there and think "Oh, pretty colors."
Now maybe some-one will pick me first for dodgeball

Trust me, I would love it and it sounds exciting, but I'll believe it when I see it. Remember, the David Copperfield restaurant/magic shop?

rlduvall is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: