Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-15-2012, 07:10 PM   #11
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba's mom View Post
hey there....

just wanted to let you know, i finished your report today Sorry took so long, but spring was super busy around here..then school let out, vacation was here, and now...well, better late than never.

anyhow....it seems like you guys were pleasantly surprised at the time you had at UO (especially Skip!) You really need to go again and stay onsite...easier on his feet

people that 'stand' on the moving walkway is my peeve too (altho, we've only been a day guest once) They walk in the morning cuz they're anxious to get to the parks...yet, are so tired at the end of the day, they stand. IF they stayed onsite, they'd be 'home' by then

tip for people doing Harry Potter and early entry for the first time: don't waste time and slow down to take pix at Port of Entry. It'll still be there later...get your butt movin' to HP!

I wonder if they DID change the Ollivander queue? They didn't used to have it go behind the building that early? The tip about the line snaking between the 2 buildings being 1/2 hour wait was from a TM personally.

Glad you remembered the bathroom w/ Myrtle...and loved Claire got a big bang outta her

The 'show' in Suess Landing...w/ Lorax...must be a new thing with the movie coming out. That show didn't used to be there. Nice they have one tho

Happy to hear the 'spin' is back on Cat in the Hat. They took that out for awhile when a little kid (wasn't being watched by parents) went flying out of the ride. Ruined it...glad it's back I also got busted for taking pix on that ride. If you look up during the ride, you can see cameras everywhere. They ARE watching!

Sign in standby line at Popeyes: You WILL get wet. You MAY get soaked. Enuf said

Glad to read you enjoyed your lunch at Mville. No better place at CW imo. And yes..nachos=drool.....

Nice to see Jaws' shark is still there. Wonder if they'll keep it in the park somewhere as a tribute? (like they do w/ the all the original rides...Kong, BTTF, etc...)

I think you did have a faulty gun on MIB If you scored w/ the button (awesome job btw ) and no points with your gun, I'm guessing gun malfunction. Been known to happen

I agree with your recommendation of no more than TWO people per party at a locker screen. There's at least someone else there with you to remember your locker...more than that crowds it and is unnecessary.

I don't think Simpson's has screens at opposite ends of the building. I think they are next to each other actually.

LOVED your ice cream at WDW. I wouldn't want those calories, but I'd sacrifice 1 time

Your pix are all beautiful...especially of Toon Lagoon. You really captured the area perfectly. Just like being there.

The stores/shops in WWoHP are small because JKR wanted them that way. That is how they are in the movies/books, so she wanted them like that in the park. A more authentic feel I'm guessing? Doesn't matter...people will still go and still spend $$.

Tell me...years ago, did Hoop De Doo used to be IN the MK? I think my Mom did it when I was young? I haven't been to WDW in forever and I'm thinking this used to be there?

I'm SO glad you guys had a good time at UO. See? Toldja to give it a shot...and now you want to go back AND stay onsite. NO other way imo.

thanks for your great pix and review....makes me miss the place!
I did notice you hadn't been on Dis at all, so I figured life just got in the way. I am so excited to hear about your latest trip.

Claire just said the other day that she can't wait to go back to Universal, so I do hope we get back there in the next few years. She and I have a big trip in Nov. at WDW and on the Disney Dream, and we'll be spending a lot of that trip with family and I booked the Magic out of Galveston for Sept for a friend and I, so it might be awhile again.
I do agree, I think onsite would be better. I really wanted to, but Skip didn't see the light...maybe next time he will.

I loved the Harry Potter area. It was really like being in the movie. They did do an excellent job with that. I can't wait till the new part opens. I will push for a trip then most likely.

Claire was so intrigued by Myrtle and since we've been home she has watched the movie, so now she knows who she is.

Yep! The spin was back. It was fun....but I can't spin too many times or . But I do think it was one of the coolest dark rides I have ever been on.

The nachos were sooo good. I could go for a batch of those once a week!

I was really impressed with Universal and IoA. Skip loved it too, so I'm sure it will be on his list. I have to thank you for all the time and tips you gave to me to help me out. It really did help out our touring style.

I really enjoyed taking pictures there because it had so many new colorful things to see. I know there is still so much more to do and see there too!
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: