Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 06:42 PM   #3136
jagfanjosh3252
#1 fan of the Jacksonville Jaguars

See below. Double post
Old 08-14-2012, 06:43 PM   #3137
jagfanjosh3252

Question to everybody. Would you rather do which of these.

Value with Deluxe Dining
Moderate with Dining(Not QS)

I would love to stay Deluxe. But don't think I can for under 1k for 5 days in October. I have never really done much dining. When I go I usually do QS since I'm there for weekends because I'm semi-local. I just think that it might be too much food. Any suggestions?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-14-2012, 07:37 PM   #3138
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY88 View Post
but it would be entertaining
But people would end up getting totally the wrong idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliebrown View Post
do you work for USPS?
heh heh... No. I actually work for a major media/communications company currently. I did however at one time work for UPS in a customer service department which gave me a pretty good understanding of some of the logistics and details involved in shipping/deliver company logistics.

Add in years of customer service in various capacities, and my general tendency to learn and retain tons of rather useless trivia, and I can sometimes get a bit defensive when I see a situation where I feel people are getting a bum wrap due to other's not understanding the reasons behind the situation which are completely out of their control.

Sorry if I got a bit ranty/preachy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagfanjosh3252 View Post

Value with Deluxe Dining

I would love to stay Deluxe. But don't think I can for under 1k for 5 days in October. I have never really done much dining. When I go I usually do QS since I'm there for weekends because I'm semi-local. I just think that it might be too much food. Any suggestions?
Um.... honestly.... neither. (But i'm an off-site kinda guy).

Do you have an AP or TiW card? And are you planning on hitting F&W alot? F&W booths will take snack credits from the DDP, but I'm wondering if maybe you might end up coming out ahead if you went with a room-only discount and then utilized a TiW discount combined with just paying OOP for what you eat vs. paying full rack rates for you room plus the DDP for more food than you'd want to actually eat.

You are a Florida Resident? correct? If you don't have an AP currently, maybe you could utilize the monthly payment option available for residents to also lower your ticket cost on this trip which would free up money for the TiW and food budget. (And even if you just do the occasional weekend trip or day trip down to the Disney area, you'd still come out ahead in the long run vs. buying other ticket options for each trip)
Old 08-14-2012, 07:51 PM   #3139
jagfanjosh3252

I have an AP. I am kinda leaning towards the room discount plus buying a TiW card. I guess I gotta price out the meals. I usually stay off site when I come down for a weekend. But I would love to forget the driving and stay on-site. Also it would be more relaxing for me. I'd rathe wait for a bus. Then sit in traffic driving.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:29 AM   #3140
bluedevilinaz
DIS Veteran

http://www.*********.com/2012/08/sta...diction-stage/

Hmmm.... I'd say definitely a solid stage 3 with some of stage 4 thrown in. hahaha How about you guys?
Old 08-15-2012, 03:47 AM   #3141
charliebrown
If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?

bye everyone. Off to Disney world!

Old 08-15-2012, 09:03 AM   #3142
Brocktoon
21st Century Schizoid Man

Quote:
What "party" are you talking about DC? Lol. I'm lost on that one. I still don't know when I'm coming. Either get there on 13th. Or leave on 13th. With 5 days either way. When is everybody else getting there?
I'm arriving on the morning of the 11th, and leaving on the 18th. Since I'm crashing in my parents RV at the Fort, I'll be hanging with them some of the time, especially for a few dinners we have ADRs for. Other times I'll be doing my own thing, relaxing at the Fort drinking beers etc ...

Quote:

Value with Deluxe Dining

Used to do the dining plan, but haven't done it over the past few years. I haven't found the dining plan to be of much use, especially after they got rid of the appetizer and tips included. You may save money, but you're also conditioned to eat a full lunch from a plan counter service everyday to get your value. Since I tend to get drinks at meals, appetizers, and don't always eat a CS lunch, I like the freedom of eating what I want instead of planning my vacation around the dining plan. Deluxe Dining just seems like way too much food, and the entire vacation would revolve around ADRs

Next Trip: Food & Wine Fest: 10/23 - 10/31 2014
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice

- Neil Peart
Old 08-15-2012, 11:19 AM   #3143
DefLepard
<3 Disney

Quote:

I have never really done much dining. When I go I usually do QS
You answered your own question in that sentence, if you don't do much dinning why get a dinning plan ?

Quote:
I have an AP. I am kinda leaning towards the room discount plus buying a TiW card. I guess I gotta price out the meals. I usually stay off site when I come down for a weekend. But I would love to forget the driving and stay on-site. Also it would be more relaxing for me. I'd rathe wait for a bus. Then sit in traffic driving.
As a Florida resident I Love staying on-site with the Florida resident discount rate's Disney offers us Floridians, riding the bus, water taxi, or monorail is far better than having to deal with I-4 traffic

Favorite moderate resorts I would suggest = Port Orleans Riverside, very nice & quiet, smaller main pool will be crowded, you can get drinks at the pool bar but for food you will have to walk over to the Riverside Mill Food Court (You are allowed to bring food back to the pool area)

Coronado Springs Resort = LARGE resort area, walk to the food court & Rix lounge may be some distance depending on the room you get, the main pool is great & Siesta's Pool Bar at the main pool has nice snacks and you can refill mugs there
Old 08-15-2012, 12:42 PM   #3144
DCTooTall

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilinaz View Post
http://www.*********.com/2012/08/sta...diction-stage/

Hmmm.... I'd say definitely a solid stage 3 with some of stage 4 thrown in. hahaha How about you guys?
Link got censored, but I found it via google.

Out of the options, I'd probably best fit into a Stage 4... Though I proposed a Stage 5 above their "ultimate" level because it's still way too commando for my tastes.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:22 PM   #3145
DefLepard
<3 Disney

Stage 4

Ultimates no longer need a park-map. Almost every t-shirt they own has something Disney on it. <--- omg

I know two friends that go to Disney a lot and I mentioned that I was going to the Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue Sept 11th and they both said "What's that"

After explaining what it was I asked if they knew about Mickey's Back Yard BBQ, Horse back riding, or Archery at Fort Wilderness ( cue the crickets )

DCTooTall, I like your comment's on the site about Stage 5 ...
Old 08-15-2012, 04:14 PM   #3146
DCTooTall

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefLepard View Post
Stage 4

Ultimates no longer need a park-map. Almost every t-shirt they own has something Disney on it. <--- omg

I know two friends that go to Disney a lot and I mentioned that I was going to the Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue Sept 11th and they both said "What's that"

After explaining what it was I asked if they knew about Mickey's Back Yard BBQ, Horse back riding, or Archery at Fort Wilderness ( cue the crickets )

DCTooTall, I like your comment's on the site about Stage 5 ...
I know, Right?? It seems like almost a no-brainer that there was a level or 2 above their "ultimate" stage.

for one thing.... Ok, You know all about what the parks have to offer, But what about the HISTORY of the parks, what it used to offer, and why it offers what it currently does? Is that part of their Ultimate level, or something above and beyond that level of Disney-nut?

or what about still finding yourself breaking into song or reciting parts of attractions/shows which haven't been present within the parks for over a decade?
Old 08-15-2012, 04:32 PM   #3147
DefLepard
<3 Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
I know, Right?? It seems like almost a no-brainer that there was a level or 2 above their "ultimate" stage.

for one thing.... Ok, You know all about what the parks have to offer, But what about the HISTORY of the parks, what it used to offer, and why it offers what it currently does? Is that part of their Ultimate level, or something above and beyond that level of Disney-nut?
Small History

I remember Captain EO with Michael Jackson closing around the mid 90's and now it's back

I remember when you could swim in Bay lake at Fort Wilderness, and loved Discovery Island in the middle of Bay Lake, you can see the small remaining parts of the dock from a water craft

20 000 leagues under the sea <-- don't get me started

Skyway Ride entrance from years ago is now a stroller parking spot
Old 08-15-2012, 05:04 PM   #3148
DCTooTall

Quote:
Skyway Ride entrance from years ago is now a stroller parking spot
Actually... Now the Fantasyland side is a bulldozed construction area for some new bathrooms behind a wall.

And the Tomorrowland side is now only it's lower level where the bathrooms were located.
Old 08-15-2012, 05:43 PM   #3149
DefLepard
<3 Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
Actually... Now the Fantasyland side is a bulldozed construction area for some new bathrooms behind a wall.

And the Tomorrowland side is now only it's lower level where the bathrooms were located.
Last time I seen the area, it was stroller parking for It's A Small World

Now I am sad
Old 08-15-2012, 05:50 PM   #3150
DCTooTall

Quote:
Last time I seen the area, it was stroller parking for It's A Small World

Now I am sad
This post has some pictures of it's current state.

http://damouse.com/2012/08/10/fantas...s-of-progress/
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: