DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-13-2012, 07:17 PM   #1
Lady V
I kept waking up so hot!
I get teary eyed and happy all at the same time!
 
Lady V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: not close enough to the mouse!!
Posts: 1,984

My mom buying one of my memberships..Questions

Hello! I have moved to Orlando, (18 minutes from Epcot to be exact..). Anyways, I have two memberships. One with 200 points that I bought in 2005 that I am keeping and one with 150 points that I bought in 2006 that I am selling to my mom. I have some questions about both of them please!
Contract ONE-200 points bought in mine and my ex husbands name in May 2005. He actually ended up leaving me later that month so he has never paid a dime on it but his name is still on it because they said until I paid it off I couldn't take off his name. Thats fine, we get along great and he will have no problem signing whatever he needs to take his name off when its finally paid off. My questions is this: he is in really bad financial shape and about to claim bancruptcy. I want to get this paid off before that. Once I get it paid off does anyone know how long it takes to actually remove a name from the deed?

Contract TWO- -150 points bought in my name only in August of 2006. This is the contract my mom is buying. (she already owns 150 points but she loves it too!) She is prepared to just pay off the whole thing now. I want to make sure I do this a fast as possible to hopefully avoid my payment and maint fees being withdrawn for September. (pulled on the first of month) Will this be subject to ROFR with Disney? If not, great! If so,-how could I avoid this? Could I add her to my account first and then when its paid off just remove my name? And as far as the monthly maint fees-can I just change the bank for the automatic withdrawals online?

I appreciate everyones help. This year has been really hectic with school and moving and my mind is on overload! THank you so very much!!
__________________
meDH DS DD DD
2005-ASMovies,2006-OKW,BWV,RPR,2007-SSR (2X),POP,BCV,HRH, 2008-WLV,SSR,AKV,BVC,OKW,GCH,
2009
-BCV,HRH,AKV,BWV,
2010-BLT, ASSports,ASMusic, AKV, 2011-SSR2012-CBR, DAAR, BCV
2013 -ASMovies, AKV,POP, AKL 2014-SSR,ASSports, Pop
Disney Dream-Jan 2014, Disney Magic-Feb 2014, Disney Magic-April 2014
Lady V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:20 PM   #2
k3chantal
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: California
Posts: 1,094

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady V View Post
Hello! I have moved to Orlando, (18 minutes from Epcot to be exact..). Anyways, I have two memberships. One with 200 points that I bought in 2005 that I am keeping and one with 150 points that I bought in 2006 that I am selling to my mom. I have some questions about both of them please!
Contract ONE-200 points bought in mine and my ex husbands name in May 2005. He actually ended up leaving me later that month so he has never paid a dime on it but his name is still on it because they said until I paid it off I couldn't take off his name. Thats fine, we get along great and he will have no problem signing whatever he needs to take his name off when its finally paid off. My questions is this: he is in really bad financial shape and about to claim bancruptcy. I want to get this paid off before that. Once I get it paid off does anyone know how long it takes to actually remove a name from the deed?

Contract TWO- -150 points bought in my name only in August of 2006. This is the contract my mom is buying. (she already owns 150 points but she loves it too!) She is prepared to just pay off the whole thing now. I want to make sure I do this a fast as possible to hopefully avoid my payment and maint fees being withdrawn for September. (pulled on the first of month) Will this be subject to ROFR with Disney? If not, great! If so,-how could I avoid this? Could I add her to my account first and then when its paid off just remove my name? And as far as the monthly maint fees-can I just change the bank for the automatic withdrawals online?

I appreciate everyones help. This year has been really hectic with school and moving and my mind is on overload! THank you so very much!!
I don't know the answers but want to be kept in the loop.
k3chantal is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-14-2012, 10:24 AM   #3
disneynutz


Earning My Ears One At A Time
 
disneynutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: North Texas
Posts: 17,950

Contact Member Administration now and find out from them what their requirements are and their time line. I doubt if you can do anything to avoid the September payments, not enough time.

Bill
__________________

disneynutz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:26 PM   #4
Lady V
I kept waking up so hot!
I get teary eyed and happy all at the same time!
 
Lady V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: not close enough to the mouse!!
Posts: 1,984

ok Thanks I'm going to pay it all off tomorrow online so I'm thinking that should at least stop the mem fee from being pulled.
__________________
meDH DS DD DD
2005-ASMovies,2006-OKW,BWV,RPR,2007-SSR (2X),POP,BCV,HRH, 2008-WLV,SSR,AKV,BVC,OKW,GCH,
2009
-BCV,HRH,AKV,BWV,
2010-BLT, ASSports,ASMusic, AKV, 2011-SSR2012-CBR, DAAR, BCV
2013 -ASMovies, AKV,POP, AKL 2014-SSR,ASSports, Pop
Disney Dream-Jan 2014, Disney Magic-Feb 2014, Disney Magic-April 2014
Lady V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 04:55 PM   #5
com_op_2000
DVC Member since '93
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: One hour from WDW
Posts: 2,814

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady V View Post
Contract ONE-200 points bought in mine and my ex husbands name in May 2005. He actually ended up leaving me later that month so he has never paid a dime on it but his name is still on it because they said until I paid it off I couldn't take off his name. Thats fine, we get along great and he will have no problem signing whatever he needs to take his name off when its finally paid off. My questions is this: he is in really bad financial shape and about to claim bancruptcy. I want to get this paid off before that. Once I get it paid off does anyone know how long it takes to actually remove a name from the deed?
You can do a Quit Claim for your ex. This cost about @$400.00. Usually 2 - 4 weeks and you will need a Title Company to handle this for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady V View Post
Contract TWO- -150 points bought in my name only in August of 2006. This is the contract my mom is buying. (she already owns 150 points but she loves it too!) She is prepared to just pay off the whole thing now. I want to make sure I do this a fast as possible to hopefully avoid my payment and maint fees being withdrawn for September. (pulled on the first of month) Will this be subject to ROFR with Disney? If not, great! If so,-how could I avoid this? Could I add her to my account first and then when its paid off just remove my name? And as far as the monthly maint fees-can I just change the bank for the automatic withdrawals online?
Question did you buy this contract direct or resale?
Direct and you want your mother to have all the rights of a direct purchase, you will need to add her to the contract @$400.00 and then later Quit Claim yourself another @$400.00.
__________________
Do whatever makes you and your family happy (From the Haunted Mansion DVD)
com_op_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 07:04 PM   #6
Dean
DIS Veteran
 
Dean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 31,390

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady V View Post
Hello! I have moved to Orlando, (18 minutes from Epcot to be exact..). Anyways, I have two memberships. One with 200 points that I bought in 2005 that I am keeping and one with 150 points that I bought in 2006 that I am selling to my mom. I have some questions about both of them please!
Contract ONE-200 points bought in mine and my ex husbands name in May 2005. He actually ended up leaving me later that month so he has never paid a dime on it but his name is still on it because they said until I paid it off I couldn't take off his name. Thats fine, we get along great and he will have no problem signing whatever he needs to take his name off when its finally paid off. My questions is this: he is in really bad financial shape and about to claim bancruptcy. I want to get this paid off before that. Once I get it paid off does anyone know how long it takes to actually remove a name from the deed?
If he declares bankruptcy, this will be part of his holdings and you will have a mess. I'd get a deed prepared and signed with 2 witnesses, notarized. I'd also figure out a way to get it paid off ONLY after you get that signature. Go ahead and get the ROFR/transfer info from DVC and get everything together. Make sure he hasn't filed bankruptcy and figure out a way to get it paid off then get all the paperwork done as quickly as possible. You can do it yourself and this is likely your quickest option also. It should take you about a month to get it all done if you don't create any delays on your end, assuming you do everything yourself that you can and get the deed done before you get the paperwork back from DVC. I would suggest talking to DVC to make sure at what point you have to pay it off. My guess is it won't have to be paid off other than to change the name at the end and if so, that is when to do it just in case something happens.

Quote:
Contract TWO- -150 points bought in my name only in August of 2006. This is the contract my mom is buying. (she already owns 150 points but she loves it too!) She is prepared to just pay off the whole thing now. I want to make sure I do this a fast as possible to hopefully avoid my payment and maint fees being withdrawn for September. (pulled on the first of month) Will this be subject to ROFR with Disney? If not, great! If so,-how could I avoid this? Could I add her to my account first and then when its paid off just remove my name? And as far as the monthly maint fees-can I just change the bank for the automatic withdrawals online?

I appreciate everyones help. This year has been really hectic with school and moving and my mind is on overload! THank you so very much!!
You will have to go through ROFR, if she's buying it (money changing hands) you'll have to put the real info on the contract. For that I'd suggest you have the same approach and once it's all ready, let her pay it off then send in all of the paperwork. You can likely get the ROFR done prior to paying it off but subject to the payoff and she may feel more comfortable doing that as you do not want to pay it off then have the take it ROFR.

It's also possible you could get one of the closing companies to do 2 for 1 in this situation and that might be worth it for this circumstance.
__________________
Dean
Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:17 AM   #7
CKCruising
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 284

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady V View Post
...Contract ONE-200 points bought in mine and my ex husbands name in May 2005. He actually ended up leaving me later that month so he has never paid a dime on it but his name is still on it because they said until I paid it off I couldn't take off his name. Thats fine, we get along great and he will have no problem signing whatever he needs to take his name off when its finally paid off. My questions is this: he is in really bad financial shape and about to claim bancruptcy. I want to get this paid off before that. Once I get it paid off does anyone know how long it takes to actually remove a name from the deed?...
Even if it is transferred before he declares bancruptcy, you will probably still have to go through the effort of proving it was yours 100% The trustee will probably determine if the transfer was actual or fraudulent.
__________________
Chris


April 2009 - Disney Magic Eastern Carribean, Nov. 2010 - Disney Magic Western Carribean
April 2010 - AKL (Jambo), August 2011 - SSR (THV) + VB, October 2011 - BLT [MNSSHP], March 2012 - AKL (Kidani), December 2012 - BLT [NYE]
CKCruising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:25 PM   #8
Lady V
I kept waking up so hot!
I get teary eyed and happy all at the same time!
 
Lady V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: not close enough to the mouse!!
Posts: 1,984

Great advice everyone! As far as the the first contract I emailed DVC and asked how to go about paying off and removing his name. As far as the second contract my mom and I have decided to just add her name as an 'associate' and while she won't have access to all the details of the membership she will be able to make reservations, etc.. and won't have to deal with the resale vs. direct sale stuff. I really appreciate everyones quick responses!
__________________
meDH DS DD DD
2005-ASMovies,2006-OKW,BWV,RPR,2007-SSR (2X),POP,BCV,HRH, 2008-WLV,SSR,AKV,BVC,OKW,GCH,
2009
-BCV,HRH,AKV,BWV,
2010-BLT, ASSports,ASMusic, AKV, 2011-SSR2012-CBR, DAAR, BCV
2013 -ASMovies, AKV,POP, AKL 2014-SSR,ASSports, Pop
Disney Dream-Jan 2014, Disney Magic-Feb 2014, Disney Magic-April 2014
Lady V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 05:42 AM   #9
Lady V
I kept waking up so hot!
I get teary eyed and happy all at the same time!
 
Lady V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: not close enough to the mouse!!
Posts: 1,984

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
If he declares bankruptcy, this will be part of his holdings and you will have a mess. I'd get a deed prepared and signed with 2 witnesses, notarized. I'd also figure out a way to get it paid off ONLY after you get that signature. Go ahead and get the ROFR/transfer info from DVC and get everything together. Make sure he hasn't filed bankruptcy and figure out a way to get it paid off then get all the paperwork done as quickly as possible. You can do it yourself and this is likely your quickest option also. It should take you about a month to get it all done if you don't create any delays on your end, assuming you do everything yourself that you can and get the deed done before you get the paperwork back from DVC. I would suggest talking to DVC to make sure at what point you have to pay it off. My guess is it won't have to be paid off other than to change the name at the end and if so, that is when to do it just in case something happens.
I'm back!! Well an update...I still need to handle contract one with the ex husband. When you said I should prepare the deed can you explain exactly what this means? Are you saying I shouldn't pay it off first? I have the money available right now to pay it off online tonight if that is what is needed.
As for contract two--she paid it off and I just added her name to my contract as an associate. She's fine with that because she also wants to have all the original rights and not the 'second hand' rights as far as using the points.
__________________
meDH DS DD DD
2005-ASMovies,2006-OKW,BWV,RPR,2007-SSR (2X),POP,BCV,HRH, 2008-WLV,SSR,AKV,BVC,OKW,GCH,
2009
-BCV,HRH,AKV,BWV,
2010-BLT, ASSports,ASMusic, AKV, 2011-SSR2012-CBR, DAAR, BCV
2013 -ASMovies, AKV,POP, AKL 2014-SSR,ASSports, Pop
Disney Dream-Jan 2014, Disney Magic-Feb 2014, Disney Magic-April 2014

Last edited by CarolMN; 05-18-2013 at 07:04 AM. Reason: fix quote
Lady V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 06:42 AM   #10
Dean
DIS Veteran
 
Dean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 31,390

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady V View Post
I'm back!! Well an update...I still need to handle contract one with the ex husband. When you said I should prepare the deed can you explain exactly what this means? Are you saying I shouldn't pay it off first? I have the money available right now to pay it off online tonight if that is what is needed.
As for contract two--she paid it off and I just added her name to my contract as an associate. She's fine with that because she also wants to have all the original rights and not the 'second hand' rights as far as using the points.
My concerns were you'd pay it off and the bankruptcy would happen while it was still in his name, you'd pay and off and then not be able to get the deed signed or that the trustee would disallow the transfer. Getting the deed completed and signed and the ROFR paperwork done before you paid it off ensured that the first 2 issues didn't catch you. It also moved the date of transfer forward separating it as much as possible from the bankruptcy. A letter attesting he'd never paid on it would also be helpful but probably not legally binding. Let us know how it works out.
__________________
Dean
Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.