Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  


Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-14-2012, 06:32 PM   #1546
Micisaninja
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
Disney tells us that DME needs 10 days to print out the tags/packet and get them in the mail to you. You might get them in time.
If you don't, you will need,to go to the DME counter and get bus vouchers printed out for each guest. You can give them your luggage claim receipts and they will send a CM to get the bags. Or, you can stop in baggage claim and get the bags on your way down to DME, and they will go beneath the bus you're riding on.
Great, thank you! It will be my first time using DME, i'm checking into the College Program the next day!
Micisaninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:21 AM   #1547
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania
 
goofy4tink's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Central Ma
Posts: 48,147
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micisaninja View Post
Great, thank you! It will be my first time using DME, i'm checking into the College Program the next day!
How wonderful!!! My dd is hoping to be doing the same in four years!!!
__________________
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-11-2012, 11:02 AM   #1548
Alderbrook
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Posts: 708

Exclamation Duffel Bag Q

I am going to be checking a duffel bag that has wheels on it. It is similar to this one but doesn't have a handle near pull out handle on it, just the two handles that velcro together at hte top. It's too large for a carry on. What's the best way to put the DME tags on? I'm afraid if it slips down the one side it might get missed. Any advice?

__________________
Alderbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:05 PM   #1549
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania
 
goofy4tink's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Central Ma
Posts: 48,147
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alderbrook View Post
I am going to be checking a duffel bag that has wheels on it. It is similar to this one but doesn't have a handle near pull out handle on it, just the two handles that velcro together at hte top. It's too large for a carry on. What's the best way to put the DME tags on? I'm afraid if it slips down the one side it might get missed. Any advice?

I have rolling duffles that we check all the time. I just put the DME tag on one of the handles. Hasn't been an issue yet. They will see the tag even if it falls to one side.
__________________
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 06:23 PM   #1550
Mrtwo
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 7

Question for those that have had late arrivals:

We are about 30 days out and our scheduled flight plans has us arriving Orlando at 9:45 PM - Will our bags make the transfer or will we have to pick them up at baggae claim?
Mrtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:53 AM   #1551
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania
 
goofy4tink's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Central Ma
Posts: 48,147
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrtwo View Post
Question for those that have had late arrivals:

We are about 30 days out and our scheduled flight plans has us arriving Orlando at 9:45 PM - Will our bags make the transfer or will we have to pick them up at baggae claim?
They 'should' make it..but if your flight is at all delayed, you'll miss that 10pm cutoff. I would leave the bags untagged and just get them myself. If they do pick them up, you wouldn't be getting them, at your resort, until at least midnight!! I think it's worth the addtl effort and extra 20 mins to get the bags...then have them at resort checkin.
__________________
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:24 PM   #1552
Mrtwo
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
They 'should' make it..but if your flight is at all delayed, you'll miss that 10pm cutoff. I would leave the bags untagged and just get them myself. If they do pick them up, you wouldn't be getting them, at your resort, until at least midnight!! I think it's worth the addtl effort and extra 20 mins to get the bags...then have them at resort checkin.

Thanks. After reading a few other posts is sounds like picking our bags up a Baggage claim will be the smart thing to do.
Mrtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:12 PM   #1553
ZimTheMouse
Earning My Ears
 
ZimTheMouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrtwo View Post
Thanks. After reading a few other posts is sounds like picking our bags up a Baggage claim will be the smart thing to do.
Funny, I just asked the same question as we're also arriving at 9:45 about 30 days from now! Maybe we're on the same flight. LOL! Southwest Airlines?
__________________

1972 - Disneyland
'80s, '90s - WDW (Multiple Offsite, POR, CBR)
Sep '03 Port Orleans Riverside
Dec '04 - Beach Club
Jun '05 - Disneyland
Dec '11 - Coronado Springs
Feb '12 - Disneyland
Oct '12 - Art of Animation - Little Mermaid
May '13 - Caribbean Beach Resort
Feb '14 - Offsite (Buena Vista Palace) and POFQ
ZimTheMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:53 PM   #1554
Mrtwo
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZimTheMouse View Post
Funny, I just asked the same question as we're also arriving at 9:45 about 30 days from now! Maybe we're on the same flight. LOL! Southwest Airlines?
That is funny...Yes, Southwest Flight 43 on Friday October 19th.
Mrtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:31 AM   #1555
ZimTheMouse
Earning My Ears
 
ZimTheMouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrtwo View Post
That is funny...Yes, Southwest Flight 43 on Friday October 19th.
Ahhh...we're flying on Oct 22 from Dallas. Same second leg into Orlando, though. Have a great time!
__________________

1972 - Disneyland
'80s, '90s - WDW (Multiple Offsite, POR, CBR)
Sep '03 Port Orleans Riverside
Dec '04 - Beach Club
Jun '05 - Disneyland
Dec '11 - Coronado Springs
Feb '12 - Disneyland
Oct '12 - Art of Animation - Little Mermaid
May '13 - Caribbean Beach Resort
Feb '14 - Offsite (Buena Vista Palace) and POFQ
ZimTheMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:12 PM   #1556
Mrtwo
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZimTheMouse View Post
Ahhh...we're flying on Oct 22 from Dallas. Same second leg into Orlando, though. Have a great time!

We're taking the hop from Tulsa > Dallas > Houston> then onto Orlando.

The Magic Express packet came on Tuesday, Mickey Mail came today so we're all set.



Enjoy your trip
Mrtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 06:53 PM   #1557
DizneyLizzy
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,067

Quick question about the luggage tags...

I got my ME packet in the mail but I never gave exact flight info bc I was unsure. Will the luggage tags still work??
DizneyLizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:42 PM   #1558
kaguilbeau
DIS Veteran
 
kaguilbeau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Lafayette, LA
Posts: 564

You can use DME only while you have a valild WDW resort reservation. So...if you arrive on Tuesday and your WDW reservation starts on Wednesday, then you get to use DME on Wednesday. You are going to have to get your own transport to US and then over to WDW the next day...with your bags.
There is no way that your checked bags will go to your WDW resort unless you have a reservation that day.


We arrive late for a one-night stay at a value, then move the next morning to our "package stay" at a moderate. I already have my luggage tags for the moderate. It would be really easy to just let the luggage sit over night at baggage claim until I checked in at the moderate. Doesn't sound like that would be acceptable, though according to the comment above by a previous poster.
__________________
Kim

kaguilbeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:29 AM   #1559
Alesia
DIS Veteran
 
Alesia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Orange Barrel Capitol of the World
Posts: 9,868

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaguilbeau View Post
You can use DME only while you have a valild WDW resort reservation. So...if you arrive on Tuesday and your WDW reservation starts on Wednesday, then you get to use DME on Wednesday. You are going to have to get your own transport to US and then over to WDW the next day...with your bags.
There is no way that your checked bags will go to your WDW resort unless you have a reservation that day.


We arrive late for a one-night stay at a value, then move the next morning to our "package stay" at a moderate. I already have my luggage tags for the moderate. It would be really easy to just let the luggage sit over night at baggage claim until I checked in at the moderate. Doesn't sound like that would be acceptable, though according to the comment above by a previous poster.
It's not. It's also going to severely increase the chances of your luggage getting lost in the shuffle. You need to have the luggage sent to the value resort, then have bell services transfer it to the moderate resort until the next day. Keep in mind that you probably won't receive it until late afternoon/early evening, so if that's going to be an issue your best bet would just be to take a cab to the resort and take your luggage with you.
__________________

Alesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:39 AM   #1560
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania
 
goofy4tink's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Central Ma
Posts: 48,147
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizneyLizzy View Post
Quick question about the luggage tags...

I got my ME packet in the mail but I never gave exact flight info bc I was unsure. Will the luggage tags still work??
Your tags will work just fine...DME doesn't really need flight info when you are arriving. They do, however, have to have flight info for your return trip to MCO...your flight time determines your resort pickup time. So, be sure to give Disney that info, either when you arrive at the DME checkin area at MCO, upon arrival, or at your resort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaguilbeau View Post
You can use DME only while you have a valild WDW resort reservation. So...if you arrive on Tuesday and your WDW reservation starts on Wednesday, then you get to use DME on Wednesday. You are going to have to get your own transport to US and then over to WDW the next day...with your bags.
There is no way that your checked bags will go to your WDW resort unless you have a reservation that day.


We arrive late for a one-night stay at a value, then move the next morning to our "package stay" at a moderate. I already have my luggage tags for the moderate. It would be really easy to just let the luggage sit over night at baggage claim until I checked in at the moderate. Doesn't sound like that would be acceptable, though according to the comment above by a previous poster.
As already noted, you are now allowing for just about anything to happen. You can have the bags delivered to the value resort (as long as you have made that DME reservation for your first night), and then have them move the bags over to your pkg resort. Will it be fast? No, but at least your bags will be on Disney property!!
__________________
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:30 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.



You Rated this Thread: