Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2012, 09:44 AM   #1531
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstomrice View Post
We have rented a car since we plan to travel to Sea World during our trip and we got a great rate for the week. We also like the flexibility of a car while we are there, even though we love Disney transportation. I have my DME tags and I thought I read where I can use DME to deliver my bags to the resort, even if I do not take DME myself? We have an appointment at the barsbershop on our arrival day. I think we will be pressed for time. Can I use DME to deliver my luggage? We don't need the bags until later that night anyway. Thanks!
Check this sticky:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2015788
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:25 PM   #1532
PrincesCJM
DIS Veteran

I'll admit that I have not read this entire thread. This will be my first trip using DME. My room reservation is for myself, DH and our infant son. Will we be issued three luggage tags for DME? We are flying on Southwest so I don't have to worry about luggage fees.
Two trips as a child 5/04 - Offsite 8/07 - Offsite/ASSp. DH's first trip. 8/09 - POFQ for honeymoon. 4/11 - Pop Century for our 3rd trip together! 7/11 - Offsite for STS-135 Launch seen from KSCVC 7/13 - Pop Century. DS's first trip! 4/2015 - ASMo

PrincesCJM is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-02-2012, 09:11 AM   #1533
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincesCJM View Post
I'll admit that I have not read this entire thread. This will be my first trip using DME. My room reservation is for myself, DH and our infant son. Will we be issued three luggage tags for DME? We are flying on Southwest so I don't have to worry about luggage fees.
Yes, I would expect three luggage tags to be sent to you. You can call to request more tags if needed.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 12:34 PM   #1534
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Luggage tags are based on your reservation...so there will be a yellow tag (and voucher) for each person listed on the reservation.

goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 03:37 PM   #1535
sarabear
Earning My Ears

If my flight lands at 10:55pm, is it possible to use the yellow tags and have my luggage delivered the next day? Obviously, I would have stuff with me that I would need that night.
sarabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:05 AM   #1536
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarabear View Post
If my flight lands at 10:55pm, is it possible to use the yellow tags and have my luggage delivered the next day? Obviously, I would have stuff with me that I would need that night.
That's pretty much what will happen. But, a word to the wise...those tagged bags won't be pulled before heading to the baggage carousel area. So, your tagged bags will be going around and around, out there for all to see, until they are finally pulled as 'unclaimed'. The next morning, DME people go and grab all that unclaimed stuff and then disburse it.
If it were me?? I wouldn't tag it and then go to baggage claim and get it, rather than let it be out there for all to see and have access to.

Old 08-06-2012, 08:59 AM   #1537
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
That's pretty much what will happen. But, a word to the wise...those tagged bags won't be pulled before heading to the baggage carousel area. So, your tagged bags will be going around and around, out there for all to see, until they are finally pulled as 'unclaimed'. The next morning, DME people go and grab all that unclaimed stuff and then disburse it.
If it were me?? I wouldn't tag it and then go to baggage claim and get it, rather than let it be out there for all to see and have access to.
Excellent piece of info about what happens late -- I wasn't sure if they still pulled yellow tag bags after hours or not. I knew they would not be delivered late.

So sarabear as the bags will go to the carousel rather than staying behind the scenes, my opinion is I would definitely would pick them up myself and take them to the DME bus.

Old 08-06-2012, 11:42 AM   #1538
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
Excellent piece of info about what happens late -- I wasn't sure if they still pulled yellow tag bags after hours or not. I knew they would not be delivered late.

So sarabear as the bags will go to the carousel rather than staying behind the scenes, my opinion is I would definitely would pick them up myself and take them to the DME bus.
To the best of my knowledge, that's what happens. That's what I've been told, on numerous occasions. I haven't been back there, so can't vouch for the practice 100%. It could very possibly be that the tagged bags do get pulled but stay there, behind the scenes, until the next morning. But, since I've been told that they are sent out with all the other bags, that's what I base my answers on. I wouldn't tag the bags and then want them out in the public area...so I would just leave them untagged and get them myself if I arrived after 10pm.

Old 08-07-2012, 08:35 PM   #1539
cjnix29
DIS Veteran

We are only taking ME home. I know we won't get luggage tags, but won't we still get the ME booklet? How soon before our trip should I expect it?
2005 OKW, first trip with DS
2006 WL
2007 POLYNESIAN 2008 All Star Music
2009 Surprise birthday trip for DS offsite
2009 Holidays at the World , POFQ
2010 New countertops, or Disney?....,we chose the Contemporary, Club Level MK view and the Yacht Club!
Trip Report from the most awesome trip ever! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2565514
2012 BLT
8/25/12 First Cruise on the Fantasy to celebrate over 130 pounds lost!
cjnix29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:02 AM   #1540
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjnix29 View Post
We are only taking ME home. I know we won't get luggage tags, but won't we still get the ME booklet? How soon before our trip should I expect it?
Yes, you should still get the booklet. It should arrive a few weeks prior to your travel date. If it doesn't, it's still fine. You will get a notice in your room the day before you are due to checkout. You can use this as your confirmation to ride the bus back to MCO.

Old 08-11-2012, 02:41 PM   #1541
purplevalentine
"If Woody would of went straight to the police then none of this would've never happened!"

DME Yellow Luggage Tags

I'm sure the answer to my question is on this thread somewhere but just can't seem to find it. It's been awhile since I've done DME from the airport. Last year's trip I only used DME back to MCO. I received my itinerary packet in the mail the other day, the one that gives you all of the extra vouchers coupons and a general breakdown of your reservation before you travel. I did not receive the DME yellow luggage tags for my trip yet. 28 days an counting until I travel. Were they supposed to be in the packet with the itinerary? Or are they mailed separately? And if they are mailed separately, how many days out do they normally arrive. I need to send one to my mother who is traveling with me but she's in NC and i'm in MD.

Just curious,

Karen

purplevalentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 03:30 PM   #1542
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplevalentine View Post
I'm sure the answer to my question is on this thread somewhere but just can't seem to find it. It's been awhile since I've done DME from the airport. Last year's trip I only used DME back to MCO. I received my itinerary packet in the mail the other day, the one that gives you all of the extra vouchers coupons and a general breakdown of your reservation before you travel. I did not receive the DME yellow luggage tags for my trip yet. 28 days an counting until I travel. Were they supposed to be in the packet with the itinerary? Or are they mailed separately? And if they are mailed separately, how many days out do they normally arrive. I need to send one to my mother who is traveling with me but she's in NC and i'm in MD.

Just curious,

Karen
On whether they are mailed separately or together, at this point I think it's possible either way that the DME info and luggage tags could be mailed with your package information. There have been reports within the last year that both have been mailed together.

But, in the past the mailings were separate (my trip last year still had separate mailings) so I suspect it's quite possible your DME mailing will come in the next few days.

If you want to make sure DME has you in the system, you can call them directly at (866) 599-0951.

Old 08-11-2012, 04:47 PM   #1543
purplevalentine
"If Woody would of went straight to the police then none of this would've never happened!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
On whether they are mailed separately or together, at this point I think it's possible either way that the DME info and luggage tags could be mailed with your package information. There have been reports within the last year that both have been mailed together.

But, in the past the mailings were separate (my trip last year still had separate mailings) so I suspect it's quite possible your DME mailing will come in the next few days.

If you want to make sure DME has you in the system, you can call them directly at (866) 599-0951.
Thanks for the info. DME is definitely indicated on my itinerary packet, I'll wait another week and if I don't see another mailing I'll definitely call.

purplevalentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 05:56 PM   #1544
Micisaninja
Earning My Ears

Hi all, I just booked a night at Sports for August 28th, with DME included. Do you think I will get my luggage tags in time? I would have to receive them before the 25th as I leave that weekend to travel closer to the airport.
Micisaninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 06:09 PM   #1545
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micisaninja View Post
Hi all, I just booked a night at Sports for August 28th, with DME included. Do you think I will get my luggage tags in time? I would have to receive them before the 25th as I leave that weekend to travel closer to the airport.
Disney tells us that DME needs 10 days to print out the tags/packet and get them in the mail to you. You might get them in time.
If you don't, you will need,to go to the DME counter and get bus vouchers printed out for each guest. You can give them your luggage claim receipts and they will send a CM to get the bags. Or, you can stop in baggage claim and get the bags on your way down to DME, and they will go beneath the bus you're riding on.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: