Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2012, 07:12 AM   #841
Cinderelley
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma2Jax View Post
Yes, we are 3 people, and our GTY upgrade was to a 5a with the upper berth. Hope you hear soon!
Thank you! I'm keeping my fingers crossed! Now I just have to be patient and wait for an assignment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thnlk View Post
Has anybody who booked GTY gotten a room assignment?
Nope. We sail 3 weeks from yesterday. Wow, 3 weeks? Is it really down to that now? I've still so much to do!

All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
Walt Disney
Cinderelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:08 AM   #842
Cinderelley
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
While I didn't call, I did a little searching. From what a cruiser was told when they called in(around 7/31), the following movies will be playing on the Wonder to Alaska on the 8/13 sailing. More than likely, the movies will be the same or vary just slightly.

Here they are:

Brave
Cars 2 in 2d & 3d
The Help
Muppets
People Like Us
War Horse
John Carter
Chimpanzee
Odd Life of Timothy Green will be PREmEARing 8/15!!!!

The link below will take you to the original thread.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....nboard&page=30
Update!

Someone that recently got off the Mickey boat said they were showing Brother Bear and the Avengers.

All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
Walt Disney
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-14-2012, 10:40 AM   #843
jenf22
DIS Veteran

FE updates

Hi all! Do we know if the two new families would like in the FE or not? I've got everything done!!! I have 2 extras and I don't know if I should just hang on to them or make them up for the newbies.

I am so excited! I can't believe we leave in 2 1/2 weeks! We did get tickets for the Mariners game. We're in section 340 if anyone wants to find us!
Jewel of the Seas Southern Caribbean - October 2014
Fantasy Western Caribbean - September 2013
Wonder Alaskan - September 2012
Magic Bahamian - May 2012
jenf22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:50 AM   #844
lesabrowning
Mouseketeer

I do believe posts have gone out about both new additions with FE requests. My understanding was that everyone was to email them directly if you were able to add them to your FE gift list. Sounds like you are willing and able : )

Our cruise is almost here... very exciting!

Last edited by lesabrowning; 08-14-2012 at 10:51 AM. Reason: typo
lesabrowning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:51 AM   #845
Cinderelley
Mouseketeer

Are you referring to Californiacruisers and Twinklebatteatray?

Those two families both wanted to join. I think HollywoodGlitter forwarded Twinklebatteatray's email to us. I'm just waiting for Californiacruisers' info and then I can add them to my list!

Walt Disney
Old 08-14-2012, 11:32 AM   #846
Momma2Jax
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thnlk
Has anybody who booked GTY gotten a room assignment?
Yes, I was 7a GTY, and was assigned probably a month ago!

For those of you still waiting for GTY, what category are you booked for?

I have a question for Lesabrowning, but I figured I would ask here, because it may help someone else, too...

My FE gifts are in groups... One for men, one for women (including the 2 teenage girls), one for younger girls, and one for the little boys. Since your dd is 10, I have been going back and forth on her gift! the younger girl gift is not baby-ish at all, but younger than the teen/women gift. Does she tend to like older things, or do you think she would enjoy the younger gift?

Thanks!

Me DH DS 5

Momma2Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 11:47 AM   #847
jennnnnn
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Yes, I was 7a GTY, and was assigned probably a month ago!

For those of you still waiting for GTY, what category are you booked for?

I have a question for Lesabrowning, but I figured I would ask here, because it may help someone else, too...

My FE gifts are in groups... One for men, one for women (including the 2 teenage girls), one for younger girls, and one for the little boys. Since your dd is 10, I have been going back and forth on her gift! the younger girl gift is not baby-ish at all, but younger than the teen/women gift. Does she tend to like older things, or do you think she would enjoy the younger gift?

Thanks!
I have 3 GTY's that I am still waiting for category/room assignments for... 2 are VGT and 1 is OGT.
jennnnnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 12:10 PM   #848
jenf22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post

Those two families both wanted to join. I think HollywoodGlitter forwarded Twinklebatteatray's email to us. I'm just waiting for Californiacruisers' info and then I can add them to my list!
Yep! I emailed Twinklebatteatray, but I haven't heard back. I just wondered if maybe they wouldn't do it if they only heard from a handful of people. I haven't PM'd Californiacruisers, but I did say on the forum that I would add them. I was just wondering what the thought process was. I know if I were in their positions, I might pass if only 3 people said they'd add me. Maybe they're still thinking...
Old 08-14-2012, 12:14 PM   #849
jenf22
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks!
Along those same lines... my FE gift is per stateroom, with something extra for the kiddos. Is that ok for the mother/daughter and non-living-together rooms? My husband and I figured since our "gift" is really 4 items, people could pick and choose which things they wanted from it. Does that seem reasonable?
Old 08-14-2012, 12:33 PM   #850
Cinderelley
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenf22 View Post
Yep! I emailed Twinklebatteatray, but I haven't heard back. I just wondered if maybe they wouldn't do it if they only heard from a handful of people. I haven't PM'd Californiacruisers, but I did say on the forum that I would add them. I was just wondering what the thought process was. I know if I were in their positions, I might pass if only 3 people said they'd add me. Maybe they're still thinking...
True. I'm prepared either way. Can always give extra stuff to unsuspecting cruisers if need be.

I just PM'd Californiacruisers so we'll see!

Walt Disney
Old 08-14-2012, 01:48 PM   #851
Cinderelley
Mouseketeer

Helpful hint for first timer FE participants

Just want to give a heads up to first timers here as I was confused my first time around.

Make sure to double check room numbers and not just go by Fish Extenders on the fish. There are some folks that may participate in their own exchange or, in some cases, there are those that are looking for freebies. Of course if you want to give to those staterooms that were not participants, then more power to you. I just want to make sure all of the FE gifts get to the intended recipients first as we all spent either so much time/money or both on the gifts.

Just a friendly tip.

Of course, there will be upgrades on rooms or whatnot so some rooms will obviously change and I think Hollywood Glitter is covering those updates but aside from those is what is being referred to.

Walt Disney
Old 08-14-2012, 03:06 PM   #852
Hollywood Glitter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderelley

Californiacruisers' sent me an email but about the FE. I'm just waiting on some info from her before I send it out.
Hollywood Glitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:17 PM   #853
DumboCollector
Earning My Ears

Another FE Question!

This is the first time I'm participating in an FE so have a couple questions.

Do you like to know who gave you what? If so, what's the best way to go about letting the receiver know? I was thinking just some type of notecard with the FE gifts when they are placed.

Is there a 'rule' on this?

Thanks for the help!!

Sept 2012 - Disney Wonder to Alaska
Sept 2011 - Disneyland Hotel
Dec 2009 - Contempory MK View
April 2008 - Land & Sea - Beach Club & Disney Wonder
There's a great big, beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day!
Por favor, mantenganse allejado de las puertas
DumboCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:26 PM   #854
jenf22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumboCollector View Post

Do you like to know who gave you what? If so, what's the best way to go about letting the receiver know? I was thinking just some type of notecard with the FE gifts when they are placed.

Thanks for the help!!
This is only our second FE. I did not (yet) include a "from" in the gift, though there is a little hint that it's from Colorado people. I don't know about a "rule". We could make one here. Do people want to know who it's from? I'm ok either way.
Old 08-14-2012, 03:33 PM   #855
Pinocchio #1 Fan
Disney Premier Passholder, Believer in the power of Hakuna Matata!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumboCollector View Post

Thanks for the help!!
This in my first cruise, so obviously I'm new to this fish extender thing. I'm planning on giving my gifts secret santa style. Later on, maybe after the cruise, I might mention a couple of the items that were from me, but I like the anonymous idea, as I think adding a bit of mystery might make this a bit more fun.
Pinocchio #1 Fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: