Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2012, 04:08 PM   #16
patsal
I've discovered I don't need to be a control freak...and like it!

Just stayed BLT and BVC (so kinda like Boardwalk as far as walking amenities).
I have previously stayed at Jambo as well.

BLT my favorites are the viewing are for wished if you just can't deal with all the people on Main Street for one more minute, ease of getting to all monorail resorts for dining, and most importantly not being at the mercy of Disney for transportation to the park. The walk is quick and easy, a walk back for break in the hot, crowded afternoon allows for swim time and on EMH nights again no need for Disney transport just come and go as you please. We did not need to allow for that hour to hour and a half for Disney Transportation or need to use crowded busses.

BCV, Boardwalk my favorites here are similiar as far as the busses are concerned. Walking to 2 parks, having all the wonderful dining of Epcot as well as BC/YC,Swan,Dolphin and Boardwalk easily a 10 to 15 minute walk away. A quick walk over to watch illuminations about 30 minutes before it starts. Boardwalk Bakery and all its treats right there for your easy access. Nighttime entertainment in the Boardwalk area.

Jambo, the restaurant tour, the lounge for drinks in the afternoon, viewing animals from either your room or a viewing area, talking to the guides who are there about the various animals, super quick drive over to AK.
Old 08-11-2012, 03:06 PM   #17
jessabell236
Earning My Ears

Well they all sound amazing to me 10 days and i will finally know for myself!
my personal one Im looking forward to is the Boardwalk
it has so many great facilities there all the dining places and ESPN sounds yummy the amazing pool and slides
However Im looking forward to Jambo too all the anaimals and boma is amazing ive never actually stayed there but i have been to kidani last year
To be honest i wasn't looking forward to going to BLT but now its creaping up i am i cant wait to see whats different at all three hotels and to see different sights from our hotel rooms :-)
jessabell236 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-11-2012, 04:50 PM   #18
JohnnyB2
DIS Veteran

Hi, As PP stated the BWI/ BWV is tough to beat with their location, resturants, and entertainment. To me as to others it's walking to Epcot, strolling around the WS, watching Illuminations, walking back to the BW and you still have things to do. Maybe a stop at ESPN, stop at the Piano bar, or just relax and watch the Buskers.
Old 08-12-2012, 05:17 AM   #19
jessabell236
Earning My Ears

Well from what ive heard the boardwalk really stands out to me on how much it has their dont get me wrong the facilities are always amazing a disney and i love them all but im especially looking forward to the boardwalk it sounds phenomenal have you stayed in the studios there if so what are the like
Old 08-12-2012, 09:16 AM   #20
skifast22
DIS Veteran

I've only stayed at BLT so I'll just comment on that one. For me what can't be beat is seeing the castle everyday. Staying at the other resorts you mentioned, you'd only get to see it the days you went to the MK. At BLT, it's there wen you wake up, and when you go to bed. I also love how close it is to the Contemporary. It's a quick elevator ride and a great scenic walk over the skybridge to get to all the shops and restaurants over there. I love being able to use both the BLT pool and the CR pool. The walking path to the MK is great for when the monorail is crowded, otherwise I always think of the monorail as a ride unto itself And having the monorail is so nice for grabbing meals at the other resorts. We usually do breakfast at Kona Cafe a couple times, as well as dinner at Ohana and lunch at Gaspers Grill at GF It's just such a great place to stay, can't wait for next trip in 2 months
Old 08-12-2012, 09:42 AM   #21
Oathkeeper13
Earning My Ears

I have staid at both jambo house and the boardwalk.

The boardwalk has a great location, very close to Epcot and not too far away from other parks. The boardwalk often has street performers so when walking home you may just catch a juggler or fire breather, which is pretty cool.

Jambo is my favorite place to stay. I love animals and you can't put a price on being able to wake up and have your cup of coffee while staring at giraffes. Jambo is a great place to relax there are lots of fire pits and lounges where you can just sit and talk. The complementary story telling and animal programs are wonderful.
Oathkeeper13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 02:16 PM   #22
jessabell236
Earning My Ears

When i stayed at kidani village it was beautiful and very chilled also very relaxed its tranquil as soon as you walk in.

My only thing i didnt like is how our room was so far away from the lobby and the pool and we went over to jambo and its so much bigger there and the food choices are way better thats the only thing for me that kidani lacks!

Tags
bay lake, boardwalk, hotels, jambo, resorts

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: