DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2012, 03:14 PM   #1
carrie6466
DIS Veteran

NY Doorway to Dreams

Awww...just read that NY Doorway to Dreams will be closing in November . I like the stuff they did there. That just makes me kind of sad.
Old 08-12-2012, 03:38 PM   #2
BestDadEver
New DVC Member

That does suck I loved the tour I took there very impressive.

BestDadEver is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-12-2012, 04:20 PM   #3
CMOORE185
HH 240 Points, SSR 260 Points

No suprise with the recent announcment of the Chicago area DWTD closing in Sept.
Old 08-12-2012, 07:16 PM   #4
FigmentLady
Mouseketeer

Question

Oh noooo!!! This makes me very sad. I have made some friends there. I'll have to stop by when I'm at work tomorrow and see what I can find out.

1985-2000 MANY off site trips. NYE 2008-Jan 09 - All Star Movies Sept 2009 - SSR Sept 2010 - POP March 2011 - OKW
My first trip report-Anniversary/1st dvc stay @OKW
FigmentLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:27 PM   #5
carlbarry
DIS Veteran

Oh no! Such great people work there. And we had great parties, too. Not to mention just stopping by for a Disney fix.

carlbarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:18 AM   #6
bochnikm
Disney Birder

If it wasn't for NY Doorway to Dreams we'd have never been DVC owners.
and Caribbean Beach Resort March 2011
Old 08-13-2012, 11:21 AM   #7
majortom1981
Mouseketeer

hmm

I wonder If they will still do the mall kiosks.
majortom1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:34 PM   #8
disney67
DIS Veteran

i guess this was to come true after chicago dtd to be closed that this anouncement does not schock me at all . but i will add this is sad !!!

[IMG][/IMG]
disney67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 06:43 AM   #9
Friend of Figment
Life Long Disney Fan and Expert

Sorry to hear they are closing. Kim, our guide, was wonderful! We just became members of BLT in May.
Friend of Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 07:50 AM   #10
funhouse8
How can you invest so much money on a vacation and be so clueless?
If we keep going to Disney we will be like Peter Pan and never grow up!

Oh no! Where will I get my ornament? This stinks.

MarkGina Jesse30Melinda28,Kristi24&T yler23
funhouse8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:23 AM   #11
stormer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by funhouse8 View Post
Oh no! Where will I get my ornament? This stinks.
I was thinking the same thing!
October 1994 Port Orleans / Oct. 1996 Caribbean Beach Resort / Oct. 1999 Off site / Oct. 2004 Contemporary Resort / Oct. 2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge / Aug.2007 Port Orleans Riverside / April 2008 Saratoga Springs Villas & Wilderness Lodge Villas/ Oct. 2008 Old Key West / Feb. 2009 Polynesian Resort / Aug. 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village/ Feb. 2010 Carribbean Beach Resort / Aug. 2010 Bay Lake Tower / Feb. 2011 Grand Floridian and Beach Club Villas / Aug. 2011 Boardwalk Villas / Aug. 2012 Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village/ Feb. 2013 Coronado Springs / Aug. 2013 Boardwalk Villas / Feb. 2014 Coronado Springs / Aug. 2014 Old Key West
stormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 04:54 PM   #12
FigmentLady
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friend of Figment View Post
Sorry to hear they are closing. Kim, our guide, was wonderful! We just became members of BLT in May.
She is my guide too and I am very sad to be losing her. People can say what they want about guides just being sales people, but Kim never made me feel that way. She never pressured us, answered all our questions before and after purchasing and was very supportive when I lost my mom to cancer last year.
Marykate is also someone I will miss terribly and Jeanie too (I may have spelled her name wrong)
This whole thing sucks. I know it's silly to get emotional about it, but I can't help it.

1985-2000 MANY off site trips. NYE 2008-Jan 09 - All Star Movies Sept 2009 - SSR Sept 2010 - POP March 2011 - OKW
My first trip report-Anniversary/1st dvc stay @OKW
FigmentLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:01 PM   #13
Idreamodisney247
Mouseketeer

I am sooo upset that they will be closing. I had the pleasure of working with the Cast Members at the NY Doorway to Dreams only just yesterday. They were fabulous. It's kind of a long story of how I met them, but here goes.

As some of you may remember, two years ago, I came the closest I ever had to becoming a DVC owner. While on vacation I purchased 100 BLT points and unfortunately due to DH's new job status I had to cancel the contract upon my return home. You can imagine how devastated I was.

Well, during my recent trip on July 26th I had the pleasure of meeting with DVC guide, David Miller. I cannot say enough wonderful things about him. He was knowledgeable, caring and sensitive to my previous experience. I was amazed by his laid back, pressure free approach. It was very refreshing. I made no decisions until I returned home to discuss the new offers to my DH. After several days of discussion, I got the green light and called David.

The documents finally came in and my goal was to fill them out at the NY DtD. It just made me feel like I was still at the World. Well, on the way there I began rethinking if the amount of points(120) would be enough, and if the home resort I picked was the right one, etc..
Boy, there is nothing more frustrating than indecision. Just ask Kim, David and Sharad.

I can't say enough about the patience, sincerity, and support given to me by each of these amazing guides. In the end, however, it was just Kim and I. After much deliberation, which took longer than anyone would have wanted, I made up my mind and purchased 145 points at Saratoga Springs. As a first contract, the amount of points just felt right(for now). The only thing I can't believe, is how fast addonitis hit. The ink hadn't even dried and I was contemplating when and where my next purchase would be.

I am so very grateful for their help and will never forget them!
Old 08-15-2012, 11:03 PM   #14
Idreamodisney247
Mouseketeer

I couldn't agree with you more!

Last edited by Idreamodisney247; 08-15-2012 at 11:06 PM. Reason: forgot how to quote the person I was replying to
Idreamodisney247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:02 AM   #15
carlbarry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idreamodisney247 View Post
I am sooo upset that they will be closing. I had the pleasure of working with the Cast Members at the NY Doorway to Dreams only just yesterday. They were fabulous. It's kind of a long story of how I met them, but here goes.

As some of you may remember, two years ago, I came the closest I ever had to becoming a DVC owner. While on vacation I purchased 100 BLT points and unfortunately due to DH's new job status I had to cancel the contract upon my return home. You can imagine how devastated I was.

Well, during my recent trip on July 26th I had the pleasure of meeting with DVC guide, David Miller. I cannot say enough wonderful things about him. He was knowledgeable, caring and sensitive to my previous experience. I was amazed by his laid back, pressure free approach. It was very refreshing. I made no decisions until I returned home to discuss the new offers to my DH. After several days of discussion, I got the green light and called David.

The documents finally came in and my goal was to fill them out at the NY DtD. It just made me feel like I was still at the World. Well, on the way there I began rethinking if the amount of points(120) would be enough, and if the home resort I picked was the right one, etc..
Boy, there is nothing more frustrating than indecision. Just ask Kim, David and Sharad.

I can't say enough about the patience, sincerity, and support given to me by each of these amazing guides. In the end, however, it was just Kim and I. After much deliberation, which took longer than anyone would have wanted, I made up my mind and purchased 145 points at Saratoga Springs. As a first contract, the amount of points just felt right(for now). The only thing I can't believe, is how fast addonitis hit. The ink hadn't even dried and I was contemplating when and where my next purchase would be.

I am so very grateful for their help and will never forget them!
David Miller is my guide, too! He's always been very polite, even though I bought resale.
And WELCOME HOME!!!!

carlbarry is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: