Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2012, 11:21 PM   #151
Rcmmom
Earning My Ears

Just wondering if anyone else that's done the CC5K had any other experience with dropping off kids in nursery or kids club? That part makes me a little nervous. My DH and I both want to run,but not sure if we will have time to drop the kids off?
Rcmmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:25 PM   #152
Emlauren
Earning My Ears

On the FAQ sticky under Castaway Cay 5K, the 5th post shows a picture of the back of the shirt. The front just has small wording on the left side that says Disney Cruise Line 5K Run.

I ran this on 8/6 on the Dream and did not get a medal or certificate.

I knew to wait and see that it might be in the room later, but nothing came. I inquired about it and was told that they suspended the medals/certificates. I did see a box of medals in the lounge that morning before the race but maybe they didn't have enough for everybody so just didn't give them???

Knowing that you can get different answers from different CM's, I inquired at guest services. I was told the same thing but she did make up some Magical Moments certificates for me.

I ran this with my 9 year old niece and my 15 year old. We were never questioned about her being there. Yes, she did finish. Do they want a family with young kids doing this? Probably not, but one child with an adult was no big deal and it was very laid back. On the navigator there is conflicting info about it. In one spot it does say 12+,but on the detailed sheet that lists the times of all activities, it is listed under "Fun for All Ages"
Emlauren is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-13-2012, 11:45 PM   #153
minnielovergirl
Earning My Ears

I am planning on found the 5k on Castaway Cau but I'm worried I'll be cutting it close to finish and making it to our port adventure at 10am. I haven't done the 5k before do would appreciate any info.
minnielovergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 09:13 AM   #154
jpeka65844
DIS Veteran

Yes, trying to be somewhere by 10 would be cutting it close. If I remember right, we met at 8:30, off the boat by 9, and by the time we took a pic with Goofy and walked to the start line, it was 9:30, maybe even a bit later.

Hope that helps!

jpeka65844 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 09:37 AM   #155
leahmichl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcmmom View Post
Just wondering if anyone else that's done the CC5K had any other experience with dropping off kids in nursery or kids club? That part makes me a little nervous. My DH and I both want to run,but not sure if we will have time to drop the kids off?
We inquired about this on the first CC stop of our Double Dip. The CM doing the run said it would be no problem, to talk to youth activities. We did - a few times - and they acted like we were speaking another language. We finally decided to just drop them off at Scuttle's Cove right at 9am if they wouldn't let us a few minutes early, and then head to the start line and start a few minutes late.

Ultimately my husband wasn't feeling well so I did it myself, but we didn't leave the start line until about 9:10am.

I got no medal, but did get a certificate delivered to my room. I did the run on 8/14 on the Dream Double Dip.
leahmichl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 08:58 PM   #156
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leahmichl View Post
We inquired about this on the first CC stop of our Double Dip. The CM doing the run said it would be no problem, to talk to youth activities. We did - a few times - and they acted like we were speaking another language. We finally decided to just drop them off at Scuttle's Cove right at 9am if they wouldn't let us a few minutes early, and then head to the start line and start a few minutes late.

Ultimately my husband wasn't feeling well so I did it myself, but we didn't leave the start line until about 9:10am.

I got no medal, but did get a certificate delivered to my room. I did the run on 8/14 on the Dream Double Dip.
No medal??? That's my only incentive to do it
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 09:04 PM   #157
leahmichl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by su_A_ve View Post
No medal??? That's my only incentive to do it
The number/bib is my souvenir instead, and actually has a cuter logo than the shirt.
leahmichl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 09:26 PM   #158
GatorGal2001
Earning My Ears

Is this an event offered on every cruise?? I am only going on a three day but would love to participate!
GatorGal2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 08:42 PM   #159
Rcmmom
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the info about child care. We will have to just see how it works out. Bummer you didn't get a medal...that's a little discouraging. Oh well... It will be fun, however!
Rcmmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:19 AM   #160
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

So happy that they've swapped my itinerary to one that goes to CC.
I ran this back in the dark ages when there was no form of incentive other than your own pride of accomplishment, so I've been wanting to do it again for the shirt.
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Upcoming Big Family Reunion Cruise
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:52 AM   #161
LoriS
Why is the rum always gone????

Does anyone have a picture of the medal and certificate they can post?

LoriS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 01:46 PM   #162
momof2minnies
DIS Veteran

Smile

It's not a medal it's a plastic Mickey head- nothing like any of the races in WDW of course, this is just for fun.

Linda
2000 OKW First trip with the kids,2001 OKW First time for my parents,2002 Marriott Grande Vista/OKW,2003 MGV,2004 OKW,2005 March Disney cruise/SSR, July-MGV, 2007 CSR, 2008 Clearwater-day trip, Marathon 2009 OKW,Nov. 2009 CSR then the Magic,Marathon 2010 OKW,June 2010 AKL,Marathon 2011 OKW, Anniversary 2011 POFQ,Disney Dream+BC 2012,Disney Fantasy 2013,Anniversary 2013 POR, Jan 2014 OKW

4/08 First half marathon- Oleksak lumber- Ma., 2:23:35
10/08 Second half marathon-Applefest-Hollis,NH.,2:17:05
01/09 First full marathon- Disney-5:39:24
01/10 5K and Half marathon- with my brother- Disney-2:43:42
01/11 5k and Half marathon-Disney- 2:11:46
4/12 5k Castaway Cay on the Dream with Arynn
momof2minnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 02:28 PM   #163
AnotherPrincess
DIS Veteran

Just out of curiosity, would anyone be willing to actually PAY for the CC 5k if they offered it as a port adventure that you schedule in advance and included the tshirt and an actual nice medal or medallion like they do in the runDisney races? I think I would be willing to pay for it to guarantee my shirt size and definitely get a nice medal or medallion.
AnotherPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 02:41 PM   #164
disneychic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherPrincess
Just out of curiosity, would anyone be willing to actually PAY for the CC 5k if they offered it as a port adventure that you schedule in advance and included the tshirt and an actual nice medal or medallion like they do in the runDisney races? I think I would be willing to pay for it to guarantee my shirt size and definitely get a nice medal or medallion.
Yes! I would definitely!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
disneychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 02:55 PM   #165
jonesm117
Mouseketeer

This is the "medal" except that my daughter wrote 5K on it.
jonesm117 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: