DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2012, 09:14 AM   #16
quandrea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GW45 View Post
We own at AKL but found its only convenient to AK and far from everything else. Loved the animals but didn't care for the dark theming and the 20 minute round trip from the room to the lobby or pool was a deal breaker for us having walked miles at the parks during the day. We're at BLT now for one night and the difference! Not crazy about the look of the main building(Contemporary Resort) but the convenience to MK is fantastic and BLT itself is nice. We watched the fireworks from the DVC lounge on the 16th floor tonight and it was perfect.
What view do you have. We had to modify our trip and I can 'afford' a lake view. Should I do it?
quandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:46 AM   #17
jcwedit
Earning My Ears

We love them both and we end up doing split stays. We do MK while at bay lake and Animal kingdom while at Kidani. Both great resorts with totally different themes. We don't mind the move mud trip but ymmv.
Register to remove

Old 08-12-2012, 09:48 AM   #18
jcwedit
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by quandrea

What view do you have. We had to modify our trip and I can 'afford' a lake view. Should I do it?
We have had lake views and standard. Really not that different. We always try to book standard first.
Old 08-12-2012, 11:19 AM   #19
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

Quote:
Originally Posted by quandrea View Post
Just booked! Got a standard view one bedroom for eight nights during March Break. Really excited. I imagine my eldest and I heading over to the MK after the twins are in bed for an ice cream or one ride. Am I dreaming? Here we come. DH said it was time to shake things up. We will have stayed at Animal Kingdom 4 times in a row, so here we go.

ask for north side even number rooms. you might get a side view of the MK.
as for your dream - you can definitely do it - the walk is no longer than 10 minutes - most can do it in less time.

both CR and BLT have activities. BLT has the activites center (community hall)- it is on the first floor - near the exits for the pool. so you might be surprised. have found this ch less busy than the others - probably because nothing can competitive with the MK.

if there is not an activity list for both BLT and CR in what you are given at the front desk - ask for it - at the front desk or ac.

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 11:29 AM   #20
quandrea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceycat View Post
ask for north side even number rooms. you might get a side view of the MK.
as for your dream - you can definitely do it - the walk is no longer than 10 minutes - most can do it in less time.

both CR and BLT have activities. BLT has the activites center (community hall)- it is on the first floor - near the exits for the pool. so you might be surprised. have found this ch less busy than the others - probably because nothing can competitive with the MK.

if there is not an activity list for both BLT and CR in what you are given at the front desk - ask for it - at the front desk or ac.
Thanks for this. I've been toying with upgrading to a lake view, but someone else here says they always book Standard first. Your specifics regarding requests helps.
Old 08-12-2012, 11:36 AM   #21
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT

standard views quit on the 5th floor - so if you want higher then it go for a lake view.

once tried the 11th floor - miy height problem kick in and HAD to go lower - the 7th was the best they could do.

so I just love the 5th floor. the 5h floor is where the sky bridge is to the CR - so it is a nice floor.

Old 08-12-2012, 11:52 AM   #22
quandrea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
standard views quit on the 5th floor - so if you want higher then it go for a lake view.

once tried the 11th floor - miy height problem kick in and HAD to go lower - the 7th was the best they could do.

so I just love the 5th floor. the 5h floor is where the sky bridge is to the CR - so it is a nice floor.
So if I request North facing 5th floor, even numbered room would that be good? I don't care about height, so maybe good to save the points?
Old 08-13-2012, 07:07 AM   #23
Bolebrothers
Earning My Ears

You are going to love BLT, for us it is the other way around, we have stayed at BLT 3 times, but are doing a split in Feb. with a week at BLT and then 8 days at 2bed. AKL-Kidani. We love BLT to bits but was persuaded by our 9 year old to try AKL so we adults are anxious for our Kidani stay
So out of the comfort zone for us....
So don't worry I am sure you will like BLT, and it is so convenient to use the walkway to MK, or the monorail to TTC for Epcot.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:02 AM   #24
quandrea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolebrothers View Post
You are going to love BLT, for us it is the other way around, we have stayed at BLT 3 times, but are doing a split in Feb. with a week at BLT and then 8 days at 2bed. AKL-Kidani. We love BLT to bits but was persuaded by our 9 year old to try AKL so we adults are anxious for our Kidani stay
So out of the comfort zone for us....
So don't worry I am sure you will like BLT, and it is so convenient to use the walkway to MK, or the monorail to TTC for Epcot.
YOu sure come a long way for Disney! Love it! You will love AKV. We will have stayed there four times in a row come December. It is 'home' to us. Gorgeous decor, roomy units, fabulous staff. We love staying by the Zazu elevator. That way, we head downstairs and have a comfortable walk to Jambo house for meals and activities and shopping. My daughter and I used to love walking over there at night after the babies were in bed to buy Zebra domes and browse the gift shop. We didn't go to the Kidani lobby as often and the pool was a bit farther, but we didn't find the walking bad. THe savanna view was amazing. There was a constant show outside our window. Spent a lot of time on the balcony. Have fun--and I envy your long trip.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:50 AM   #25
Bolebrothers
Earning My Ears

Quote:
YOu sure come a long way for Disney! Love it! You will love AKV. ... Spent a lot of time on the balcony. Have fun--and I envy your long trip.
Thank you for the information, yes it makes sense to stay a bit longer when traveling for some 22 hours to get there
We are staying 3 weeks this time with a week out at Anna Maria Island in between the Orlando "stints"
And thank you for the tips, I will add them to my long list of to do´s, also to us it makes sense to stay close to walkway to Jambo house.
Old 08-13-2012, 11:49 AM   #26
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT

Quote:
So if I request North facing 5th floor, even numbered room would that be good? I don't care about height, so maybe good to save the points?
they only will allow 2 requests - so would pick even number (the odd number face each other in the C) and north - but you can go for 5th floor.

Old 08-13-2012, 12:45 PM   #27
quandrea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
they only will allow 2 requests - so would pick even number (the odd number face each other in the C) and north - but you can go for 5th floor.
Thanks! I think I'll say, North facing, even number. Those rooms seem like they'll be very nice. I like the idea of the outer edge of the C. You've been really helpful.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:11 PM   #28
GW45
Mouseketeer

We had Lake view- it was nice but it didn't really matter and I wouldn't pay more for it or use more points. The proximity to the MK and monorail meant we spent very little time in the room during the day so I would opt for near an elevator or the sky bridge. The best view is from the 16th floor at night and all DVC members can use the lounge there so I wouldnt be too concerned about the view.
GW45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: