Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2012, 03:26 PM   #916
AVDisney
WDW Vet

Bring rain ponchos from home...the ones at Disney are expensive! and also, everyone should wear a fanny pack, they are great because then mom doesnt have to hold everything in her purse! and everything stays organized! Bring lots of extra clothes, you can get wet at any park (MK- splash mountain, Epcot- fountains, HS- little mermaid, AK- kali river rapids) and rain is very unpredictable! hope this helps!!!
Animal Kindgom Lodge (2007)
Boardwalk (2009)
Polynesian (Jan. 2011, Oct. 2014- SWEET SIXTEEN TRIP!!!)
Beach Club (June 2013)

My first trip to Disneyland/Grand Californian! (March 2014)

Think of all the joy you'll find when you leave the world behind and bid your cares goodbye...

AVDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 07:54 AM   #917
Sandie08
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisrn2003
I saw someone mentioned moleskin for blisters. Just a bit of info to provide to prevent those blisters. Each morning, after the shower and before dressing, spray your feet with antiperspirant/deodorant. Any kind will do---a cheap $1 can of Suave works fine. Spray in between toes, soles, sides, etc. This will prevent your feet from sweating which results in friction and blisters. If you rest in the afternoon, reapply the deo before going back out. We could have potentially not needed to reapply, but why take chances?

My spouse and I ended up with over a dozen blisters on our first trip. WDW does not have any real relief aids for feet. After this tip, not one blister have we had since. Hope it works well for everyone.
Wow this has to be the coolest idea yet! Thanks so much for the advice, this is a must for us!
Sandie08 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-13-2012, 04:58 PM   #918
disneylover04
Disney Vacation Planner

I always bring:
-air freshener for the bathroom (it's a small space and it's inevitable that someone will have a messed up stomach)
-a new candle (for fragrance and atmosphere)
-a couple of blankets to put over beds for relaxing (just not comfortable with relaxing on the comforters in hotels)
-hand soap dispensers for kitchen and bathroom
-lysol to disinfect everything
-socks/slippers (can't walk around barefoot in hotel)
-I always pack up my toothbrush/toothpaste after each use. I have this fear of someone from housekeeping deciding to have fun by relieving themselves on my personal items or doing some other mean thing

disneylover04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 03:11 AM   #919
Julie93
Earning My Ears

Fantastic thread! If it weren't 4 am and my brain was working better, I'd probably be able to add something.
Julie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:54 AM   #920
iamfishie
Earning My Ears

Another great use for the pool noddles is to slide them under the bed sheet to make a bed rail when traveling with smaller kids.
iamfishie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 01:22 PM   #921
bagsmom
Mouseketeer

Here's a weird one.... I am a coffee addict. If I don't have it first thing in the morning and at about 4:00 in the afternoon, I will get a terrible headache.

However, I don't like the side effect of needing to use the potty frequently at a place like WDW.

Instead, I take an Excedrine. It has just enough caffeine to keep the headache at bay.

On our "off park" days, I fully enjoy a good cup of coffee at our resort. (Coffee I brought myself, of course!)
bagsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 02:16 PM   #922
bagsmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhconley View Post
My XL coffee cup, a 1lb. bag of Starbucks coffee, splenda and half & half. I love relaxing on the balcony with my cup of coffee early in the morning as my family is getting ready.

Martin
This is my favorite one so far!
bagsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 10:28 AM   #923
sehandiph
Mouseketeer

wow - my mind is a blur with all the information.

Being from the UK we always bring:

proper English Tea, and carry a few tea bags for when I need a cup and only weak tea is available (yuk!)

our normal washing powder - I really don't want to find I am sensitive to whatever is available.

a whirly hanging thing to go over the bath for wet bathing costumes etc (from our pound stores - equivalent of the dollar store)

my planner - with all the prebooked info and times of tours / day tickets for things etc - all organised so I can just pick out a day at a time.

mosquito repellent for my legs - no matter how many of us are in our party it is always me and only me who gets bitten

Love the idea of stickers to cover up spills - can I get away with this with just adults in the party?

Shezzy
sehandiph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 10:27 PM   #924
stindall
Congress Tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilqueenmindy View Post
I get a lot of mockery for always having shout wipes in my theme park backpack, but how QUICKLY the tune changes when one has a ketchup incident!
Do these work better than the Tide Sticks? I've found the Tide Sticks bleach or yellow the stain thus making it worse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sehandiph View Post
proper English Tea, and carry a few tea bags for when I need a cup and only weak tea is available (yuk!)
Not from the UK but I do bring a few bags of Twinings or PG Tips with me on most vacations! I don't like coffee much.

Oh god there's the yeti! - The Trip Report!.

- Sept 2008 Honeymoon @ Pop - Dec. 2009 surprise for dad @ Pop -
Sept. 2013 First solo trip @ Pop
- Sept. 2014 brother/sister trip @ pop!- Aug. 2015 DL @ Stanford Inn & Suites -

stindall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 10:38 PM   #925
stindall
Congress Tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenfield1984 View Post
I also soak cut up spnges in dish soap and let them dry so we can wash out our mugs at night.
So smart! We actually reuse hotel shampoo bottles for dish soap when we go camping so that'd be a good alternative to this.

Our luggage set came with packing cubes but I've been thinking about buying more. I may do that before the next trip!

Also I take the Sally Hansen "no more bumps" spray for chafing. It smells like vanilla and works really well! It also "locks" so you don't accidentally spray it in your bag.

This was sort of mentioned but The Container Store sells little suction toothbrush holders and we love them! Not a big fan of toothbrush cups that get all gross in the bottom and then eventually get stained and gotta be tossed.

I don't know why so many people suggest moleskin but it's never worked for us. We bring bandaid sport stick bandaids and they work much better!

Last edited by stindall; 08-27-2012 at 09:36 AM.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:08 AM   #926
stindall
Congress Tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewhome View Post

- Collapsible water bottles. We carried regular ones with us last trip, but I really like the idea of the collapsible ones. Check out www.vapur.us. You can fill these, stick them in the freezer, and then when they're empty, roll them up to save space (and the environment, while you're at it!). I just ordered them so I'm not sure yet, but I have a feeling they won't sweat much, either.
I've actually seen those water bottles @ Meijer (I don't think it was the same brand) on clearance. I almost bought them but decided against it because I didn't have a need for them at the time. I may have to get some (I think I've seen them in the camping isle also) for our next trip! I think those do sweat but on the Vapur website they sell a little "sweater" for it!

Old 08-27-2012, 11:22 AM   #927
daizieduck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagsmom View Post
Here's a weird one.... I am a coffee addict. If I don't have it first thing in the morning and at about 4:00 in the afternoon, I will get a terrible headache.

However, I don't like the side effect of needing to use the potty frequently at a place like WDW.

Instead, I take an Excedrine. It has just enough caffeine to keep the headache at bay.

On our "off park" days, I fully enjoy a good cup of coffee at our resort. (Coffee I brought myself, of course!)
My DH suffers from bad headaches and only likes Excedrin. Now he is stuck taking Target's version of it since Excedrin seems to be off the market still (since the product mix up at the factory that caused the huge recall last year). I'm beginning to wonder if it is EVER coming back.

Anyway, I always bring a small spray bottle and fill it with tap water and use it to spritz my clothes and then shake out the wrinkles. It's (obviously) cheaper than Wrinkle Release and since there is no fragrance I don't have to worry about attracting bugs. Not that Wrinkle Release doesn't smell nice!
Old 08-27-2012, 11:25 AM   #928
daizieduck
DIS Veteran

Oh, and a shower cap for Splash Mountain and Khali River Rapids is good if you don't want your hair to get wet!
Old 08-27-2012, 06:36 PM   #929
Get me to Disney!
Mouseketeer

Subscribing to this awesome list!! Thank you!!
4/17-4/24/1994 - Honeymoon (Dixie's Landings)
2004 - First Family Trip with kids
- 1 day trip with DH - all four parks in one day
9/3-9/20/2009 - ASMovies w/free dining
8/17-8/28/2010 - ASMovies w/free dining

Daddy (41) , Mommy (40) , Daughter (15) , Daughter (13) , Son (10) , Daughter (7) - All lovers of Disney
Get me to Disney! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:58 PM   #930
stindall
Congress Tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliesmommy View Post
Bath fizzies are important too! I always spend a few bucks on some nice bath fizzies with essential oils so I can sit on the edge of the tub and soak my feet after a long day of walking.
great idea! I'll have to invest in some wonderful LUSH bath bombs!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: