Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2012, 10:24 PM   #901
KingK12
No boo boo, but Yes, I wanna get sauced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakey View Post
We eat here at least once a year and my biggest complaint is that bread. It should not be so good. It should not tempt diners to fill up on it instead of the food. Victoria and/or Albert should not bring a new piece as soon as you pick up the last of your current piece. That bread is evil.

So true, every time I eat there I end up getting full off the bread and taking my meal to go. LOL
Old 08-13-2012, 11:00 AM   #902
AJ12345
Mouseketeer

I just got the Queen Victoria Room for our trip in November. I had booked the main dining room but starting reading about QVR and decided to try for the same night and got it! AHHH! I'm so excited.

I do have a few questions though. I want to take pictures of each course. Would this be frowned upon or look ridiculous??? I wouldn't use flash or anything. Also, would the servers be willing to take a picture of us? I know it's a dumb thing to worry about but I don't want to look like I've never been out to dinner. hahaha

Also, we can split the wine pairing correct in the QVR? We normally do not drink at all so I'm afraid a wine pairing for each of us would be too much?

OH MY GOD! I'm so excited. (like I've never been out to dinner before excited. )
AJ12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-13-2012, 12:22 PM   #903
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

No (even with flash), yes, and yes.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 12:22 PM   #904
ZellyB
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerBelle_325 View Post
Having dined at Victoria & Albert's several times I would have say it is definitely more than business casual. A jacket is required, but typically you do see most male patrons in suits and I have seen the odd tuxedo as well. I have not seen anyone in a sports jacket/casual blazer. Typically we have also seen women in dresses ranging from cocktail to full length with a few in a very dressy pant suit.

So, does that mean that if my husband is in a nice sport jacket with dress slacks, shirt and tie that he'd look underdressed? I told him I didn't think he'd need a suit. And, now I'm worried about what I was planning to wear. It's not what I'd call a cocktail dress. I was just planning on a very nice dress with heels.
ZellyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 12:40 PM   #905
StanH
Are my ears growing yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZellyB View Post
So, does that mean that if my husband is in a nice sport jacket with dress slacks, shirt and tie that he'd look underdressed? I told him I didn't think he'd need a suit. And, now I'm worried about what I was planning to wear. It's not what I'd call a cocktail dress. I was just planning on a very nice dress with heels.
Your husband will be fine.

StanH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:29 PM   #906
LovinmyDisneylife
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZellyB View Post
Your husband will definitely be alright. We've dined in the main dining room twice and DH has worn slacks and a sport coat both times.

D23 Day One Charter Member2002-All Star Music, 2004-All Star Sports, 2006-Honeymoon at Pop Century, 2007-All Star Movies, Feb 2009-AKL (joined DVC), May 2009-SSR, June 2009-Disneyland Hotel, July 2009-Pop Century, Sept 2009-Grand Californian for D23 Expo, Oct 2009-SSR, Jan 2010-AKV-Kidani, May 2010-AKV-Kidani, August 2010-Disney Wonder Cruise, Sept 2010-AKV-Kidani, Oct 2010-Caribbean Beach for D23 Sip & Stroll, Dec 2010-Disney Wonder Cruise, May/June 2011-BWV/AKV-Kidani, July 2011-SSR, August 2011-VGC for D23 Expo, Oct 2011-VWL, Oct 2011-Disney Dream Cruise, Dec 2011-Pop Century for D23 Magic & Merriment, March 2012-AKV-Kidani, May/June 2012-AKV-Jambo/BCV, July 2012-Disney Fantasy Cruise, Oct/Nov 2012-AKV-Jambo, Dec 2012-Disney Dream Cruise, Jan 2013-AKV-Kidani, May/June 2013-BLT, Aug 2013-VGC for D23 Expo, Oct 2013-VGF, Dec 2013-BLT, Jan 2014-Disney Magic Cruise, March 2014-Disney Magic Cruise.
LovinmyDisneylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:35 PM   #907
amberpi
DIS Veteran

Yep. Your husband will totally fine. Mine usually goes for the suit with pocket square and all but no tie. Who knows what men think?! You will totally enjoy it. If its a night of Mk or especially EK EMH, go over there dressed up and just walk around and enjoy the atmosphere. Its a great evening!
amberpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 04:20 PM   #908
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberpi View Post
Yep. Your husband will totally fine. Mine usually goes for the suit with pocket square and all but no tie. Who knows what men think?! You will totally enjoy it. If its a night of Mk or especially EK EMH, go over there dressed up and just walk around and enjoy the atmosphere. Its a great evening!
The two things men think about most? One is eating. You can figure out the second. Us advanced thinkers like to include thinking about our children, sports, and Disney.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 04:23 PM   #909
amberpi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
The two things men think about most? One is eating. You can figure out the second. Us advanced thinkers like to include thinking about our children, sports, and Disney.
Mine would add video games I think and the latest tech gadgets. I SWEAR he dreams of when the newest iphone will be released. On the plus side, I have some sweet gadgets
amberpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 04:32 PM   #910
SouthJersey
Yeah Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberpi View Post
Mine would add video games I think and the latest tech gadgets. I SWEAR he dreams of when the newest iphone will be released. On the plus side, I have some sweet gadgets
Thank God my girlfriend doesn't have an account here. Her list for me would be like Food..Gym..Money..Xbox..XXX lol
  • 2000 - Off Disney, Holiday Inn Lake Buena Vista
  • 2001 - Port Orleans
  • 2007 - Wilderness Lodge *Favorite!*
  • 2008 - School Senior Trip, Sports Resort, Great Trip!
  • 2010 - Christmas Trip! First Disney trip with the GF and first trip I've booked myself.
  • 2012 - Food and Wine Festival - Wilderness Lodge
  • 2013 - Christmas Trip 2! - Caribbean Beach
Marines 3rd Battalion, 5th Regiment - Dark Horse battalion - of Camp Pendleton
0311 of the United States Marine Corps
2010 NPC NY Metropolitan - 1st Place Amateur Mid-Heavy Weight
2010 NPC NY Metropolitan - 3rd Place Men's Mid-Heavy Weight
SouthJersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 06:44 PM   #911
JenKatt
Geek in training

DH is run the gamut with what he has worn to V&A. Everything from slacks and a jacket to a tux, and just about everything in between (he's waiting for the opportunity to wear a kilt- why? because). He's never felt or looked out of place.
I've worn nice dresses to full gowns and a whole lot in between, and again, never felt out of place. (Nor have I ever felt stuffy or whatnot, just incredibly serene - that might have to do with the wine however)

JenKatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 07:59 PM   #912
topmonkeygirl
DIS Veteran

I'm seriously thinking of going on our next trip (the one that's a year from now), and someone said a page or so back that they've seen a couple of women in pant suits. I'm a jeans kind of girl, I've bought 1 dress in 20 years (that was only for my sisters wedding), don't own any pant suits but plan on buying one for the trip, and I'm kind of afraid of feeling out of place if I do go with the pant suit. Will I look out of place? Has anyone done this and did you wish you would have worn a dress? Thanks in advance for your opinions.

It really is a "Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow".
topmonkeygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:23 PM   #913
alex9179
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ12345 View Post

OH MY GOD! I'm so excited. (like I've never been out to dinner before excited. )
This made me laugh out loud We have a reservation on Nov 1 and I feel the same way!
alex9179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:09 AM   #914
BC1836
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by topmonkeygirl View Post
I'm seriously thinking of going on our next trip (the one that's a year from now), and someone said a page or so back that they've seen a couple of women in pant suits. I'm a jeans kind of girl, I've bought 1 dress in 20 years (that was only for my sisters wedding), don't own any pant suits but plan on buying one for the trip, and I'm kind of afraid of feeling out of place if I do go with the pant suit. Will I look out of place? Has anyone done this and did you wish you would have worn a dress? Thanks in advance for your opinions.
No problem on the pants suit option. My wife has worn a nice pants suit to V&A five times, and she plans to wear one again on a visit later in the year.

All the best.
The 20th Century...'74-'00 (23 visits): Multiple stays at the Contemporary, Golf Resort, Old Key West, Port Orleans, Polynesian, Dixie Landings, Grand Floridian, offsite locations + one Disneyland trip.

The 21st Century (38 visits): '01: Yacht Club.....'02: Animal Kingdom Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'03: Wilderness Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'04: Grand Floridian.....'05: Beach Club & Grand Floridian.....'06: (May) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club.....'07: (March) Polynesian & Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Coronado Springs & Grand Floridian; '08: (March) Port Orleans Riverside & Polynesian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (June) Paradise Pier @ Disneyland; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Beach Club; '09 (March) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Grand Floridian; (Dec.) Grand Floridian; '10 (March) Grand Floridian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'11 (April) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'12 (March-April) Grand Floridian: Presidential Suite; (May) Grand Californian @ Disneyland; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian...'13 (April) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite; (Oct.) Boardwalk; (Dec.) Beach Club & Grand Floridian...'14 (April) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite...(Aug.) Grand Floridian
BC1836 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:41 PM   #915
topmonkeygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1836 View Post
No problem on the pants suit option. My wife has worn a nice pants suit to V&A five times, and she plans to wear one again on a visit later in the year.

All the best.
Thank you I feel better now. Have a great time.

It really is a "Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow".
topmonkeygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: