Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2012, 05:29 PM   #211
MEK
DIS Veteran

You gave a great recap of the race. Based on how crazy crowded it sounded, I don't think I would enjoy myself. But, overall, it sounds like a wonderful experience and you are all positively beaming! EE 3X in the dark definitely sounds like a winner.

So glad you mom found a partner and had a blast. That's awesome. Too funny that she thought she was going to ride Dinosaur without a seatbelt.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 08-11-2012, 10:45 PM   #212
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

Great pictures of the race! I'm so glad your mom found a friend to run with!

I think you look pretty good to have been on a 5k run in the heat/humidity!

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-12-2012, 08:04 AM   #213
pinkxray
DIS Veteran

Great pictures during the race

It looks pretty cool but way too crowded

How nice that your mom found someone to do the race with. I'm sure it made it more enjoyable for both of them.
Old 08-12-2012, 09:10 AM   #214
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Wow, I remember when I was considering doing this race...now I'm glad I didn't! It looks like it would have been a lot of fun if the crowds weren't so crazy! There are 2 things in Disney that I don't handle well, heat and crowds, and it sounds like this race had both! I probably would have freaked out and given up!

I'm glad you guys finished and that your mom found a race buddy! It seems like they need to do something about the people that want to run and the ones that want to walk...maybe tell the walkers to stay to the right so the runners can run on the left? I don't know, it just sounds like it got really congested and all that weaving would annoy me!

EE at night sounds amazing! I hope they figure out how to make this race a little less chaotic in the next few years because I'd really like to try it!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 08-13-2012, 10:22 AM   #215
UGAFan0829
DIS Veteran

Woohooo! What an awesome recap! I loved every second of it! But I also totally felt your pain about the crowds...they are definitely hard to manuever through.

Y'all really rocked it out on both parts--but especially the scavenger hunt...I had no idea how to solve the first three, so I can only imagine how long it would have taken me!

Ok...I gotta tell you--there is absolutely nothing wrong with the pic of you and Alex right after the race--in fact, I think you looked great to have just ran around in that heat and humidity!

I'm a little envious of the rides on Everest--I've always wanted to ride it after dark, so I can only imagine how cool that was!

And lastly--as far as next month goes---yes, we will definitely be at DTD! Since we're staying at SSR, we'll be pretty close and won't be visiting any parks (except to attend MNSSHP), I hope to get to spend a good amount of time there browsing through all the stores!
Old 08-13-2012, 10:34 AM   #216
amazingact21
Upendi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiesalad View Post
Oh gosh the race sounds so crowded!!
I always find it so funny when there is such a huge build up at the start line.
Then after the bang...everyone just sort of slowly walks along until it thins out.
Ready....Set.... Walk at a leisurely pace...

That is so cute your mum made a friend!
Mums are so funny like that.

your crazy eyes are hilarious! Put that bad boy in a frame!

You're not alone! I am terrified of Dinosaur!! It's just so dark and loud and jumpy?
I am always hiding in the picture, screaming my lungs out, griping on for dear life and leaving fingernail marks in DH's arms.
Don't get me wrong, I still think it's a great ride... just a terrifying great ride.

The start of the race does kind of lose its excitement when you're walking out of the gate.

I would be terrified if I saw those eyes on someone's facebook page or something. I'd be like, watch out for that one!

I agree, Dinosaur is a great ride. Disney does an amazing job with the sights, sounds, and smells, but man, is it scary! I feel ridiculous when I'm next to a kid who looks bored throughout the whole trip....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Great pictures! How nice that your mom found that nice lady to finish the race with! I never thought about doing a race at Disney cause I hate running but I love to walk as I do it everyday Maybe something I need to think about! Great job on your run!!!!

My mom hates running, but she's an amazing power-walker. Techincally, Disney rules say you have to keep a 16 minute-mile pace, which is a fast walk, but at nighttime 5Ks like Everest, nobody notices.
So, it's definitely something to keep on the back burner for the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Aww! How cute that your mom made a friend. What a special memory!

Don't worry, I didn't laugh at your picture...

...too much.

EVEREST AT NIGHT. Oh my gosh... how amazing was that? Oh wow. I'm jealous.

Hahaha, trust me, I did. I was going through the pictures on the computer and was like, What the--?! I look like an ax murderer!

Oh my gosh, Everest at night is amazing. It makes the whole race worth it. If you go to my TR from last year (Flowers, 5K, and Fiancees.) I wrote this insanely long discription about riding Everest at night. For instance, when you're going up the mountain, there's these purple lights around you, and to the left is complete darkness, and to your right is the rest of AK all lit up. It's a beautiful sight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
I'm sorry that the race was frustrating, and I agree that it seemed poorly planned out. I'm glad you were able to finish and still be somewhat happy with your time. I wonder what changes they will make for this year!

I wouldn't feel too bad about being freaked out by dinosaur, I am so scared of it, I won't even ride it! I will let my DS get on Everest before I ever let him on dinosaur, it is just too scary!

Unfortunately, AK is just not the best place to have a race of that size and magnitutude, in my opinion. However, the biggest issue they had in 2011 (the corrals) was fchanged this year, so I'm sure Disney will work to make the whole productionless hectic next year. I won't be doing it in 2013, though, so I'll need to follow other DISboarders and see what they have to say.

There's no way I'd bring my kid on Dinosaur. Nu uh! I remember taking my brother on it when he was 3 (?) because he was head over heels in love with dinosaurs. Let's just say that the experience is a popular family dinner-time story now. Lots of crying and lots of fear....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
You gave a great recap of the race. Based on how crazy crowded it sounded, I don't think I would enjoy myself. But, overall, it sounds like a wonderful experience and you are all positively beaming! EE 3X in the dark definitely sounds like a winner.

So glad you mom found a partner and had a blast. That's awesome. Too funny that she thought she was going to ride Dinosaur without a seatbelt.

The race was really crowded, but looking back on it, the whole event was supposed to be about the whole experience and the ability to be in AK at night, so I am not stressing about it anymore. I just wish they'd let less people in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
Great pictures of the race! I'm so glad your mom found a friend to run with!

I think you look pretty good to have been on a 5k run in the heat/humidity!

It was great that my mom found a friend along the way; I imagine it made the whole experience that much more memorable for her.

The humidity was so terrible that night, that when we got back into our room, I made Alex put our running clothes in an airtight bag and closed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkxray View Post
Great pictures during the race

It looks pretty cool but way too crowded

How nice that your mom found someone to do the race with. I'm sure it made it more enjoyable for both of them.

I thought it was really cool that my mom found a race partner. It's something she'll remember forever, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Wow, I remember when I was considering doing this race...now I'm glad I didn't! It looks like it would have been a lot of fun if the crowds weren't so crazy! There are 2 things in Disney that I don't handle well, heat and crowds, and it sounds like this race had both! I probably would have freaked out and given up!

I'm glad you guys finished and that your mom found a race buddy! It seems like they need to do something about the people that want to run and the ones that want to walk...maybe tell the walkers to stay to the right so the runners can run on the left? I don't know, it just sounds like it got really congested and all that weaving would annoy me!

EE at night sounds amazing! I hope they figure out how to make this race a little less chaotic in the next few years because I'd really like to try it!

The crowds and the heat were really annoying, but I kind of forgot about how hot it was in the middle of the race. I definitely get that "runner's high" when run, so the fact that I felt like I was sweaty and gross sort of slipped out of my mind.
I think a ton of people had issues with how full the course was, so I'd be really surprised if Disney lets that many people in next year. Honestly, I assumed they added 2,000 more spots because it was the 5th Anniversary and they wanted to make it special.

You should give it a try one day, if only so you can ride EE at night! But I'm very jealous that you get to do the Royal Family 5K!! That one sounds like so much fun, and I envy February's temps.

Current Reports:Let's Watch the Hallucination Show on the Castle -A May '14 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 TR/December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
Old 08-13-2012, 10:39 AM   #217
amazingact21
Upendi

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGAFan0829 View Post
Woohooo! What an awesome recap! I loved every second of it! But I also totally felt your pain about the crowds...they are definitely hard to manuever through.

Y'all really rocked it out on both parts--but especially the scavenger hunt...I had no idea how to solve the first three, so I can only imagine how long it would have taken me!

Ok...I gotta tell you--there is absolutely nothing wrong with the pic of you and Alex right after the race--in fact, I think you looked great to have just ran around in that heat and humidity!

I'm a little envious of the rides on Everest--I've always wanted to ride it after dark, so I can only imagine how cool that was!

And lastly--as far as next month goes---yes, we will definitely be at DTD! Since we're staying at SSR, we'll be pretty close and won't be visiting any parks (except to attend MNSSHP), I hope to get to spend a good amount of time there browsing through all the stores!

I am hoping that the other Disney races aren't that congested, but that this one was due to its location. AK really isn't that big when you're speaking in terms of race paths.

I am always a little nervous for the scavenger hunts because the level of difficulty is always up in the air. I guess I should have prefaced those pictures with the explanation that all the answers would be mountain climbing related and all lead back to Everest. I think knowing that helped a bit for me.

Riding Everest at night is almost worth the registration fee! I feel like a lot of Disney's mountains are a completely different experience at night versus during the day, and Everest is right up there with them.

I am hoping to start coming up with our game plans for next month soon, but I know DTD will be in the works. Alex only has 2 requests for this trip. The first is to be in Epcot for its 30th ( not what I want to do, but hey...gotta let them have their way occassionally) and second is to shop at DTD.

Past Reports:December 2013 TR/December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
Old 08-13-2012, 12:11 PM   #218
amazingact21
Upendi

Did I Really Just Beat You?!

I just had to say before I started this update that I’m being very un-Alicia-like. Our weekend trip to WDW is only a month and a half away, and I have not formed any plans yet. All I know is that Alex has asked to be in Epcot for its 30th birthday, but other than that, I have nothing. It’s kinda crazy….

May 6th Morning:

After catching about 5 hours of sleep, my mom, Alex, and I left the resort at 8:00 am. It was already muggy out, and we all knew it would be a hot, hot, hot day ahead of us. We made sure to apply plenty of sunscreen and pack several bottles of water.

The reason we were leaving so insanely early was because there had been a rumor floating around the DISboards for a few weeks leading up to the trip that said DHS was letting guests in at 8:30.

I wanted to make sure we got in with the first group of people to ensure we nabbed FPs for TSMM. My mom’s favorite Disney film is Toy Story, and this was one ride I wasn’t going to have her miss.

She was really tired, still, and I knew I really should have let her sleep in late, but we were only going to be in the park for a few hours before we headed back to Sports for a very long break.

Alex parked the car, and we all waited for a trolley:

You’ll never catch me forgetting where we parked…

We went through bag check and were lined up at the turnstiles at 8:29. There were only about 6 families in front of us, but judging by the fast-growing crowd behind us, we weren’t the only ones hoping for an early admittance.

The three of us were parked right under the sun, and I thought we were going to melt, standing there with the UV rays pounding down on us and the hot concrete cooking the rubber on our shoes.

At least we wouldn’t be there for very long.

Right?

Wrong.

Turns out, the joke was on us. DHS didn’t open its gates until 8:45. Because of the heat, I was cranky during the whole time leading up to getting in the park. I felt terrible that I’d woken my mom up earlier than I needed to just so she could stand around in the heat and the crowds. I was also getting perturbed that my beautiful expectation of May was getting blown away.

That time last year, Alex and I practically had the whole park to ourselves. We were able to get TSMM fastpasses for 11:30 at 10:00. We walked down Hollywood Blvd with not a soul in sight.

I had raved to my mom about the cool temperatures, the low crowds, the quietness of late spring, and as I looked around me in the glare of the morning sun, I saw all those events from the previous year were gone. It was almost 90 degrees, and everyone and their brother was at DHS that morning.

I hate being wrong.

Hate it.

And a small part of me thought that because WDW wasn’t turning out exactly like the picture I’d painted for my mom for half a year, she’d have a miserable time.

I should say that I was very sleep-deprived on this day, so my mind wasn’t working properly, and I was a little grouchy.

With all of THAT playing in my head, we entered DHS. Alex walked ahead to get FPs while my mom and I strolled behind.

I feel like nobody ever takes in the hat first thing in the morning, anymore. It’s just become one more thing to go around in the quest to reach Pixar Place.

We met up with Alex near the FP machines, and he gave us our tickets with a return time of 9:45 and 10:45.

After pocketing them, the three of us went in the standby line of the ride. The wait was about 15 minutes, not that bad.

I told my mom she was going to love the queue area and it did not disappoint.

It was fun going through it with someone for the first time, because I was able to watch as the board games were recognized, and I was able to point out little details. Having been through the queue so many times before, I’d almost lost that fascination with it, so it was refreshing to be reminded how brilliant it is.

We all grabbed our glasses:

I don’t know why, but I just love seeing those yellow glasses. It’s the ride symbol for me, and I can’t help but wish I was back in one of those cars every time I look at them.

Wouldn’t it be nice to be breaking plates right now instead of working or unloading the dishwasher or running to the grocery store?

We shuffled up the big top stairs and into the corral area, where Alex went in a row by himself, and I shared one with my mom. I had decided I’d ride with my mother first to show her what to do and help if needed.

My mom’s not exactly known for her video game prowess….

I love seeing which car I get. I think my favorite so far is Bullseye. But how can you not love that horse? He’s like Maximus, loyal and sweet.

I love Disney horses…

Throughout the ride, I intentionally hit some of the “special” items so my mom could get a surprise. Water squirting out, air blowing in her face, etc. It was a lot of fun listening to her laugh at them.

In the end, our score was:

I could’ve done better, but I knew my second game was always the best.

My mom didn’t do so bad for her first time, either.

As we approached the exit, we saw that Alex had scored a 212,000. What?!

I guess sitting by yourself gives you a lot of time to focus.

That was, by far, his best score ever.

Enough of Toy Story, though. It was time to hit up my favorite ride. (Second only to Thunder.)

It was located at the end of this wonderful street:

No, no, not that haunted building to the right.

I won’t step foot in there.

Ahh, there it is…. My beautiful Rock N Roller Coaster, how I love thee.

The wait time was only 15 minutes, which I was fine with. Not walk-on, but the line ended right outside the studio door, so I knew we wouldn’t be waiting forever in the heat.

My mom was extremely nervous to go on this ride, so I was doing everything I could to calm her down. The loops weren’t what were freaking her out, it was the launch to 60mph that made her stomach roll.

We went through the video room, where I tried really hard not to repeat the lines. I knew when we entered the alley, my mom would really panic. Seeing all those limos zoom off into the tunnel is unnerving to me, and I’ve gone on the thing 15 times.

My mom’s eyes sort of bugged out and she gulped really loudly when she saw the launch for the first time. Alex tried to distract her by showing her the Hidden Mickey on the license plate, which I think helped a little.

Once again, I sat with my mom and Alex sat in front of us.

When the countdown began and we started rolling backwards, I peeked at my mom in my peripherals and could tell she was regretting riding this, but it was too late to turn back now.

We were zooming off to L.A.

As always, it was wonderful. The little things like going through the donut and that little dip right at the end give RNRC such a special spot in my heart.

When we were getting off the ride, my mom was raving! She loved it.

She had her eyes closed the entire time.

But she loved it!

I asked her if she wanted to go again, and to my surprise, she said yes.

The wait was 15 minutes again, and this time, Alex and I requested the front row together.

My mom was placed in Row 2 with a single rider. As we waited, the girl riding with my mom was asking her about the Expedition Everest race. (We both had temporary tattoos of it on our hand.) She was super friendly, and I got this weird feeling that I knew her, but it wasn’t too long before we had to load into our limos so I couldn't dwell on it.

When I got back home after the trip, I realized why she had looked so familiar. The person who’d ridden with my mom was a DISboarder! Tickanee! We were both on the May 2012 thread, and she had commented on my PTR telling me about the encounter.

It was so cool to run into yet another DISboarder, and even though we didn’t officially say hello, we both ended up recognizing each other, so I’m counting it.

I asked my mom later if she remembered riding with someone who asked her about the race, and she said she did. When I told her it was a fellow DISboarder, she was highly amused. She giggles at all of our planning and obsession with the world.

Unfortunately, my mom regretted going on RNRC a 2nd time, she said it was just too much for her, so we all decided to slowly make our way back to Pixar Place and use our FPs.

I took this photo, because I was so darn sad that it was this crowded:

In my May 2011 photo album, I have a picture of the exact same location at the exact same time of the day, at the exact same day one year prior, and the street was dead. It’s a little crazy to think how one year can make all the difference in the world.

Back at TSMM, my mom rode by herself, and Alex and I shared a seat.

Another picture of the queue area:

Now, let me explain how TSMM works with Alex and I. We are competitive to an extent. We don’t get upset over who wins or loses and we don’t pay attention to how high the score is, we just want to see who wins. And so far, Alex has beat me every time.

There’s a pattern to our ride experience. The two of us stay pretty dead even until we get to the army men plates screen. There, for some reason, I dominate.

I jump ahead by about 10,000 points, but then at the alien ring toss I lose my lead. I cannot for the life of me get the angles right. It’s like Angry Birds. I can’t figure out where to shoot the slingshot to knock over the wooden crates.

I’m great at Math, geometry in particular, but not in a fast-paced game. Not enough time to calculate angles and trajectories.

And so it’s at that point that I usually lose the entire game.

And yes, we do take our TSM this serious. I know some people don’t look at it as anything other than an attraction at DHS, but Alex and I look at it as something to improve on over the years.

Anyways, as usual, Alex stomped me on the ring toss, and we went into the final round with me thinking I was doomed.

However, when the round was just about up, I happened to glance down at the screen and noticed that I was actually catching up to Alex.

I sped up and put everything I had into hitting the standalone targets.

And when the final score showed up?

I

’d beat Alex!

YAY!

I began hooping and hollering, and my mom asked what the heck was going on. I’m positive everyone riding in adjoining cars and the CMs heard my excitement, but I didn’t care.

I mean, really, if you can’t celebrate beating your husband in a Disney game, what can you cheer for?

Immediately after exiting the ride, I posted on Facebook, “Highlight of my day, finally beating Alex in Toy Story Mania.” I wanted the world to know that the impossible had just happened.

I was on Cloud 9.

But wait….

Alex was being too quiet.

“Alex, did you let me win?”

“What? No.”

“Did my mom tell you to let me win? Is this some kind of cruel joke?”

“No, Alicia. You beat me fair and square.”

I eyed him suspiciously.

Was he telling the truth or was he fibbing to make me feel better?

Up Next…Since When is the Great Movie Ride this Popular?

Old 08-13-2012, 12:34 PM   #219
UGAFan0829
DIS Veteran

Whew...reading about such an early morning after a late night made me tired!! Y'all were definitely troopers!! And I hate that y'all got there early for nothing, but I'm highly impressed that the waits for TSMM and RnRC were only 15 minutes!!

I totally understand what you mean about the yellow glasses...they are definitely an icon!

Glad to hear that your Mom loved RnRC! Sorry that the second time wasn't as fun for her!

Heehee...you and Alex aren't the only ones who battle it out...Mike and I are the same way...you'll see that mentioned in my TR as well! And good for you for finally pulling out the victory. I totall giggled when I read about your celebration and your Mom wanting to know what was going on! Too funny!
Old 08-13-2012, 01:17 PM   #220
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

AHHHH Toy Story Mania. My second favorite ride in all of Disney! I've only ridden it four times so my scores aren't too great buuuuut I'm getting better. Anyways...

I really hope Alex didn't let you win. That's such an annoying feeling. It's like, do I celebrate or feel like an idiot?

Sorry you were disappointed in the crowds. Maybe if you go again next May, it'll be more like 2011!
Old 08-13-2012, 01:29 PM   #221
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

May used to be one of my favorite times to go, but now, not so much. I remember going early May of 2002, and we literally had the park to ourselves.

Yay for beating DH on TSM, I don't think I could ever beat my DH, even if I went into full on training. He is just too good! I'm also really bad at the ring toss screen, there is just something about it that is WAY more difficult than the others!

Glad your Mom was brave enough to try RnRC, what a fun memory!
Old 08-13-2012, 02:51 PM   #222
wakica
DIS Veteran

Loved reading your race recap and I agree with you - the area heading towards and away from Camp Minnie Mickey was a total and comlete NUT HOUSE!!!!! i was appalled at the craziness around there!!!!

And the red light with the red markder???? Ya - we had that problem too. LOL Not thought out very well. HAHA! We had to cram in around a lighted area as best we could and then when we would bend over the clue to figure it out our heads would block the light so we would try the little light but it was red so we couldn't follow what we were noting on the paper. **!!!

OK, I wanted to comment on the race seperately so now I'm going back to read your latest instalation.

Me dh dd(16)
Old 08-13-2012, 03:36 PM   #223
wakica
DIS Veteran

I can't beleive you guys got going so early the day after the race!!!! Not to mention headinng into a theme park! I never even heard the rumors about DHS opening early that day! What rock was I hiding under?!?! Oh well, I guess I should consider myself lucky to have not been privvy to that information since it was inaccurate! I`m truly sorry that it caused you to make your plans around it though. You still had a great time though and still got in 15 minutes early which is definitely a bonus anyway right.

I totally agree with you about May NOT being cool!!! This is our second time in May and it was up in the 30`s BOTH times We always try for end of April and into May to try and get some cool April weather but then if you go too early you have to deal with spring break crowds which is NOT pretty!

Congrats on beating your DH on TSM That`s so great!!!

Me dh dd(16)

Last edited by wakica; 08-13-2012 at 07:03 PM.
Old 08-13-2012, 06:46 PM   #224
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

How lovely for your mom that she found a friend for the race!
Too bad it was so crowded and frustrating though. It definitely sounds chaotic.
But congratulations on finishing and getting a good time! I know you wanted to beat your 5k time, but by the sounds of the people that were there, I'd say you did very good!
Old 08-13-2012, 06:55 PM   #225
Shannon84
DIS Veteran

What a fun race!! I love the idea of a scavenger hunt and race all in one, wish I could do it!!

I can totally agree with you about running through AK feeling soooo crowded, especially with tons of other people, plus when its night time there its SO dark and you can't see well at all!! But that aside, it looks sooo fun!! And how awesome you get to ride rides like EE in the dark!!

That is really cool your mom made a friend too, she looks so darn happy in the picture!!

oh and dont worry about crazy eyes in race picture you look awesome and not bad at all!! DF says I look like I am dying in all of my race pictures

Looks like you were having fun at DHS too...I can never beat DF at TSM..even if he is distracted and I am trying my best

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: