Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What do you most look forward to doing on the Fantasy?
Riding the Aquaduck 79 25.57%
Dining in Palo and/or Remy 92 29.77%
Relaxing in the Rainforest Room 30 9.71%
Solving a Midship Detective Agency crime 21 6.80%
Shopping on shore and/or on ship 10 3.24%
Sailing with Mickey and Minnie 77 24.92%
Voters: 309. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-05-2012, 02:26 PM   #316
jegsnakkernorsk
long time lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPer'sMom View Post
I've loved reading your TR My DD (28) and I have this cruise booked for January and can't wait! We've done the Dream and are really looking forward to the longer cruise on the Fantasy.

I too had been following the other TR & was glad she had started to post the Navigators ~ fun to read them day by day. If you have a chance I was hoping maybe you would be able to post the Navigators here since hers are no longer available.

Thanks for such a great review!
sure will. been traveling to the power outage midatlantic. but will try to do it this weekend.

sounds like a nice trip planned!
jegsnakkernorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 02:28 PM   #317
jegsnakkernorsk
long time lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokat76 View Post
Thanks for the great report. This must have taken your sister and you hours!!! I loved living vicariously through your report. I'm booked in concierge on the Dream for Christmas 2013. This makes me even more eager for time to fly. I can't wait.

I may have missed this, but were you allowed to watch fireworks from the concierge sun deck? Was there a good view from there? I hate the pirate party insanity but love the fireworks.

Thanks.
we watched them from our verandah. we were on starboard side. the concierge sun deck is open until 10pm so i bet you could.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-05-2012, 02:40 PM   #318
Mokat76
DisKat

Thanks. If I'm not mistaken I'm on the starboard side. Watching from the veranda would be great!
Mokat76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 04:53 PM   #319
CPer'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jegsnakkernorsk View Post
sure will. been traveling to the power outage midatlantic. but will try to do it this weekend.

sounds like a nice trip planned!
Thank you We live in Virginia but thankfully never lost our power -- lots of downed trees in our neighborhood but no real damage. We could certainly tell it was no "ordinary" windstorm Friday night!! Were you visiting your sister in VA? I hope you and she stayed safe and that her area wasn't hit hard.

8/28-9/1 DL Dumbo Double Dare!
11/7-9 Wine & Dine
1/8-11 Marathon weekend
2/19-23 Princess GSC
5/7-11 Tink PDC

Last edited by CPer'sMom; 07-05-2012 at 09:06 PM.
CPer'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:47 AM   #320
jegsnakkernorsk
long time lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPer'sMom View Post
Thank you We live in Virginia but thankfully never lost our power -- lots of downed trees in our neighborhood but no real damage. We could certainly tell it was no "ordinary" windstorm Friday night!! Were you visiting your sister in VA? I hope you and she stayed safe and that her area wasn't hit hard.
I'm just glad I have yet to miss a natural disaster in the DC area in recent years - Irene, Lee, Earthquake, microbursts, spanish thunderstorms, you name it. I have great timing. We were fine, just very very hot. And hey it's good to completely clean out the fridge and freezer isn't it? Glad you didn't lose power.
Old 07-07-2012, 05:42 PM   #321
Timon

DIS Junkie

Absolutely fantastic report!!! Thanks so much for sharing everything with us
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:55 PM   #322
flipflops42
Earning My Ears

Thumbs up

Thank you for sharing. Great pictures and useful information!!
flipflops42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:36 PM   #323
Majordis
Mouseketeer

Ship's Motion

Thank you for this great report. Can you tell me if you felt the ship's motion in your stateroom or in the lounge? My DD suffers from motion sickness so our prevous cruises have been midship. We are sailing concierge next year and I am a little concerned.

Thanks
Majordis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 03:17 PM   #324
jegsnakkernorsk
long time lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majordis View Post
Thank you for this great report. Can you tell me if you felt the ship's motion in your stateroom or in the lounge? My DD suffers from motion sickness so our prevous cruises have been midship. We are sailing concierge next year and I am a little concerned.

Thanks
we didn't have any problems at all. the seas were pretty calm for us though - some thunderstorms at night but pretty still otherwise and the motion didn't bother us at all this trip.
Old 07-17-2012, 03:40 PM   #325
davale4
Love love watching my kids have fun

Thanks for sharing! I love the details of your TR and all the wonderful pics...It makes it more exciting waiting for our trip in August 2012!!!

DH DW DD DS
davale4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 07:36 AM   #326
nenner1
I must've been distracted by the Cafe Press Logo Thong talk!

Fantastic report- thank you both so much. I loved getting both perspectives on the trip- very unique and enjoyable (and also mom's too at the end!)

Once I started reading I just couldn't stop! Really terrific, detailed narrative and great pics too!

We have never done concierge, and hope to someday athough we won't be when we cruise on the Fantasy in Sept. In fact we have one of the aft baclony rooms like your friends had- only not the middle reallly big one, one of the ones next door with an almost as big balcony!

Also we had a similar camera buying experience in St. Maarten last year. Not the same store (I don't think....) but the same deal where they give you the case and memory card package. We had to buy one though because our other camera got wet and ruined on an excursion. We didn't feel totally super ripped off at the time but when we got back realized we got an older model camera that we could have gotten cheaper in the states. It did keep charged properly though. So I know how you felt about that little situation.

Anyway I just loved seeing all of the new (to me!) and interesting things your family did, including the vow renewal! VERY nice!

Again, thanks for sharing your cruise with us. Awesome TR!

Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 9/2011- NEW! TRIP REPORT! - Disney Magic 7 Night Western 10/2010: Trip Report - Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/2010: Trip Report and Videos - Disney Magic 7 Night Western Double Dip 09/08: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas 10/07: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas 03/07: Trip Report
nenner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 12:21 PM   #327
jegsnakkernorsk
long time lurker

[QUOTE=nenner1;45556891
Also we had a similar camera buying experience in St. Maarten last year. Not the same store (I don't think....) but the same deal where they give you the case and memory card package. We had to buy one though because our other camera got wet and ruined on an excursion. We didn't feel totally super ripped off at the time but when we got back realized we got an older model camera that we could have gotten cheaper in the states. It did keep charged properly though. So I know how you felt about that little situation.

[/QUOTE]

ah, sorry you had that happen and thanks for posting!

Sis and I are working on getting Navigators up for first few attempts at doing it through wdwinfo failed. so we might just resize and post on photobucket. they are coming though!
Old 07-23-2012, 07:53 PM   #328
CPer'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jegsnakkernorsk View Post

Sis and I are working on getting Navigators up for first few attempts at doing it through wdwinfo failed. so we might just resize and post on photobucket. they are coming though!
Sorry you're having trouble posting them. Thank you for taking the time and effort to get them up for us to see!

8/28-9/1 DL Dumbo Double Dare!
11/7-9 Wine & Dine
1/8-11 Marathon weekend
2/19-23 Princess GSC
5/7-11 Tink PDC
CPer'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 11:36 PM   #329
DisneyRhondaKay
Earning My Ears

Wonderful

Thank you so much for this wonderful report! Loving it! We set sail next month on the Fantasy, not concierge, but I'm sure it will be amazing! So looking forward to it!
Old 08-14-2012, 01:05 AM   #330
steph5377
Disney Fanatic from NYC

I love love love love love your report. I've been reading it very slow because I don't want it to end. Looks like you guys had a great time and all your pictures brought back so many memories! Today is exactly one month since my trip and I can't wait to do it again. I was so sad to get on the plane to come home, so I am trying to book another cruise before the end of the year. Can't decide when to go, I was thinking the 2nd week of December, so I need some suggestions!
steph5377 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: