Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2012, 08:48 AM   #16
SnowhiteHeather
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
In my experience, people are VERY friendly on these trips, and you'll only eat lunch by yourself if you want to. One of the great things about ABDs is the sense of community that grows in the group quite quickly, helped along by the amazing Adventure Guides. One reason I love doing these trips is that I can travel solo, but very much feel like I am not alone.

Sayhello
That is basically why I am choosing a ABD as opposed to doing any ole tour I can pick up at the travel agency. Sure i'll spend 4000 more but I think I'll feel safe. I have no kids, but I don't mind them at all. How am I going to manage to wait 2 years? haha My friends keep telling me i'm crazy, but I feel like this is one of those things that I will not regret.

SnowhiteHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 09:52 AM   #17
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowhiteHeather View Post
That is basically why I am choosing a ABD as opposed to doing any ole tour I can pick up at the travel agency. Sure i'll spend 4000 more but I think I'll feel safe. I have no kids, but I don't mind them at all. How am I going to manage to wait 2 years? haha My friends keep telling me i'm crazy, but I feel like this is one of those things that I will not regret.
In my opinion, you're right, and you won't regret it. The only thing I "regret" is that I'm really quite spoiled now, and want to travel this way all the time now. *My* friends tell me they're amazed at how brave I am to travel alone. I smile, and tell them it sure beats not traveling at all!

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-12-2012, 04:22 PM   #18
canter2u
Earning My Ears

My husband and I (40's) and his parents (mid 60's) did the Viva Italia a summer ago. I completely agree with the person who wrote that it is child friendly, not child oriented or child centered. there are several times during tours, the children are taken somewhere special while the adults and older children tour another part. Several times there are special events at dinner such as movies, menu etc, games and the adults do a wine tasting, rather quickly the children start joining each other at meals, adults group up with different pairs and really get to know each other. I don't mind traveling alone, and I know if I had asked any of the other adults if i could join them for dinner or sight seeing, I would have been welcome. I wouldn't hesitate.
2011 All-Star Music w/ my marching band
2011 Animal Kingdom Jambo/Disney DREAM! 2012 AULANI!
canter2u is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: