Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2012, 01:58 PM   #211
tinkeringbells
Earning My Ears

Post it

The post it note idea is fantastic. We will definitely do a combination of post-its and magnets!

Beth
tinkeringbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 11:30 PM   #212
debpintrader
Earning My Ears

Our first cruise ever is coming up in November on the Fantasy. Looks like I'll have to reserve some time to go up and down the halls from deck to deck to check out all the decorated doors! I've seen some pictures and some families really go all out!!
debpintrader is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-15-2012, 11:34 PM   #213
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by debpintrader View Post
Our first cruise ever is coming up in November on the Fantasy. Looks like I'll have to reserve some time to go up and down the halls from deck to deck to check out all the decorated doors! I've seen some pictures and some families really go all out!!
Oh, don't worry, you'll do plenty of walking around the ship just doing what you're doing. No need to set time aside for that.
Old 07-22-2012, 10:50 PM   #214
tupperware509
Earning My Ears

tupperware509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 12:27 AM   #215
MKwatercraftPilot
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know the size of the Stateroom number indicator that's on the doors of the Dream? We would love to make ears or something to decorate it, but would hate to have them horribly undersized or oversized.
MKwatercraftPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 05:45 PM   #216
Mog's Mom
Mickey Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKwatercraftPilot View Post
Does anyone know the size of the Stateroom number indicator that's on the doors of the Dream? We would love to make ears or something to decorate it, but would hate to have them horribly undersized or oversized.
7.5 inches.

Rather than make decorations from scratch, you might want to start with the great designs that idrivealumina has made! We first grabbed one two years ago, and more keep getting added to the collection.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2172891

Happy Cruising!

DVC Members Feb 2012, 4 Night Dream + AKL Villas Feb 2012, 11 night Med May 2011, AKL + Magic Western Caribbean Feb 2010 (Only *8* day Caribbean ever!), AKL + Magic Eastern Caribbean Feb 2009, AKL + Magic Western Caribbean Feb 2008, Animal Kingdom Lodge Feb 2007, Wilderness Campground 2005, WDW Offsite Feb 2003, WDW Offsite Feb 2002, WDW Offsite Feb 2001, WDW Doubletree Disney Downtown Nov 1998, WDW Offsite March 1991, WDW Spring Break March 1987, WDW March 1978
Mog's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:59 PM   #217
MKwatercraftPilot
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mog's Mom View Post
7.5 inches.

Rather than make decorations from scratch, you might want to start with the great designs that idrivealumina has made! We first grabbed one two years ago, and more keep getting added to the collection.

Happy Cruising!

Wow, I had no idea, thanks so much! I'll definitely be using one (or more) of these! (Couldn't put a link in my post bc I don't have enough posts, yet)

It saves a lot of time making my own.
MKwatercraftPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 05:22 PM   #218
Tink113sMom
Mouseketeer

We have found that personalizing our magnets eliminates that problem... just add a name (first, last, or location) and it will be of no use to them and will leave them alone! Good Luck!

~Carole
1978, 1989, 1998 (3X) incl. New Years Eve, , 1999 (3X), 2000- WDW All off site, 2001 Nov 17th Magic Eastern Caribbean , 2009 May 16th Magic, Family + KLP, Western Caribbean (Nassau instead of flu riddled Mexico) , 2010 Jan 9th Magic, Western Caribbean (cool jeep tour on Cozumel!) , 2011 Jan 29th Magic, Family, Eastern Caribbean, 2012 Feb 29 Disney Boardwalk w/ parents and sibs, 2012 May 19th Family + DIS Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy, 2013 Mar 30 Family Western Caribbean on the Fantasy, 2014 Nov 30 Family Western on Magic
Tink113sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:11 PM   #219
mdube
Earning My Ears

Smile Hello

I am brand new to this sight. I am a seasoned cruiser, but not with Disney. My first Disney Cruise is Sept. 23 on the Disney Wonder. Is anyone else going to be on that cruise? I would love to learn more about the FE and try to get in on that. I also love the idea about decorating the doors. The girls are going to love that.

Thanks.
mdube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:45 PM   #220
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdube View Post
I am brand new to this sight. I am a seasoned cruiser, but not with Disney. My first Disney Cruise is Sept. 23 on the Disney Wonder. Is anyone else going to be on that cruise? I would love to learn more about the FE and try to get in on that. I also love the idea about decorating the doors. The girls are going to love that.

Thanks.

Here's a link to the cruise meets threads.
http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=85

Simply find your ship & sail date and you can chat with your fellow cruisers and find out about joining the FE exchange. At some point there is a cut off date so people who are making home made or customized items can start making them.
Have fun planning!
Old 08-09-2012, 09:07 AM   #221
5crazyfordisney
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdube View Post

Thanks.
We are on the 9/23 CA coast cruise too - welcome! Yes, definitely check out our cruise meets thread - just post you want to join the FE, I think it closes 8/23 so everyone can work on getting their gifts. If you are interested in seeing decorated doors, just search on "Disney fish extenders" on google images - you'll see so many amazingly decorated doors. This is our second DCL and last time, we had no idea about FE or door magnets, so we will be prepared this go-round!
5crazyfordisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:24 AM   #222
Leish
Earning My Ears

We are planning for our first cruise. What kind of magnetic decorations do people tend to use?
Leish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 12:43 PM   #223
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leish View Post
We are planning for our first cruise. What kind of magnetic decorations do people tend to use?
There's a thread floating around called "Show off your door" and people posted lots of pictures. I'll see if I can find it.

The 1st time I did it, dh said, "You're not putting this corny____ on our door are you?" By the 2nd day he said, "I love this corny____! It's so easy to find our door."

Now he helps me tip toe around and decorate doors of our friends/family cruising with us.
Old 08-12-2012, 12:58 PM   #224
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....+off+your+door
Old 08-14-2012, 10:31 PM   #225
nflmom
Earning My Ears

Given that we leave home in exactly 48 hours (7 hour drive first) and I'm just learning about magnets, etc, I think post it notes are the way to go for me!
nflmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: