Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2012, 06:02 PM   #151
Lucia_27
Mouseketeer

If FOTLK goes away, I am pretty sure we will skip AK on any future trips. We live 20 min. from Busch Gardens, which blows AK away. I just said to DH today that Lion King is my favorite thing at AK.
Old 08-11-2012, 07:23 PM   #152
wendydarling826
I thought mine was the only crazy family
I will do anything to avoid housework, but when I have a podcast to listen to, I can whistle while I work

I would be very unhappy to see FOTLK closed. It is our favorite show and our favorite AK attraction. I don't know where they're going with the Avatar thing and it doesn't appeal to me. Lion King is classic Disney and in my opinion it needs to stay.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-11-2012, 11:20 PM   #153
Bullseye
Faithful Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by labattblue View Post
I'm not sure I understand the dislike for Avatarland, when no details have been released as to the attractions/shows/dining/etc...

Just because you didn't like the movie doesn't mean you will hate Avatarland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAZY3BYZ View Post
Exactly!! I personally am excited about some new attractions coming to AK. We love that park and are excited about enjoying more great attractions there. I trust that Disney will do a great job bringing the imagination and creativity of Avatar to this new area of AK.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis View Post
Why not build the new theater first then move it? They haven't even broken ground on Avatarland or even released any detail on what it might be.
I'll be in the minority here and say I like all of Dinoland AND I'm looking forward Avatar at AK. It's going to be cool and it's going to add at least one more "E-ticket" ride to that park guaranteed. I like FOTLK, but if they have to temporarily close it then I'm sure that's what they have to do. Is it possible that it could be housed in the same structure it is in now at it's new location which is why they have to close it. Obviously, not the foundation but the building itself?

Ballad Of Bullseye ~ Bullseye my pony, Bullseye my pride, Bullseye mi amigo, Bullseye I will ride. Across the wide prairie, beneath the blue sky, We'll ride on forever just me and Bullseye...

Last edited by Bullseye; 08-11-2012 at 11:43 PM.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 08:12 AM   #154
cigar95
DIS weakest link

Quote:
Originally Posted by si-am View Post
Avatar land is the dumbest idea ever.
Ever heard of Rocky Candy Mountain at Disneyland?
cigar95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:03 AM   #155
jdcthree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigar95 View Post
Ever heard of Rocky Candy Mountain at Disneyland?
We have a book about Disney mountains and my son was so disappointed that they didn't make Rock Candy Mountain. We thought it was a great idea, lol!
Polynesian 2006
Wilderness Lodge 2005/06
jdcthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:18 AM   #156
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

What really bugs me about "Avatarland" is the possibility of it being called "AVATARLAND". It's ridiculous. If they call it "Pandora", then maybe I won't be so angry about the whole thing.

I also think it was stupid to call DCA's area "CARSland". It should have been called "Radiator Springs".
Old 08-12-2012, 10:21 AM   #157
girls
Mouseketeer

Oh. :-( We're going mid-Jan. I hope we can catch it still see it. That was such an amazing show.
girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:30 AM   #158
bdoyledimou
Pop Road Warrior -Travelling they way they did in the 60's

Back in 2002 the ex-wife and I were told by a cat member that we were attending the FINAL SHOWING of FOTLK -- they announced it at the beginning and end of the show -- and thanked the audience for all the support over the years..

Then imagine my surprise in 2004 when it was still there -- It's a super popular show!!! I really do hope that they keep it around in SOME fashion.. but i am sure the Tumble Monkeys need a vacation

(i wonder where people who work at Disney world go on vacation ----- )
14th Trip with our Foster Kids!
bdoyledimou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:30 AM   #159
crostorfer
Gryffindor Gal

Don't give two hoots about an Avatarland. Now, FoTLK shutting down for an extended period, that I can give a hoot about, and not a positive one. Take that out of the equation and AK becomes a true half day park for me.

crostorfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 11:11 AM   #160
JerseyJanice
RIP, Max!

I don't care about Avatar Land one way or the other, but if they're going to get rid of any show in AK, it should be Nemo and not the Lion King.

LK is excellent and always worth seeing. Nemo OTOH is easily the worst show I have ever seen at any Disney park going back to the 1970s. It's so, so bad! Even sitting in air-conditioning does nothing to redeem it. Terrible! I will never waste my time there again.
6/02 Wilderness Lodge
2/08 PO Riverside/Dolphin
8/08, 8/09, 8/10 Pop Century
10/10 All-Stars Music (FWF)
9/11 Coronado Springs Resort (FWF)
6/12 Wilderness Lodge (With Deluxe Dining!)
JerseyJanice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 11:13 AM   #161
Cyrano

Disney VIP
Anyone for haggis
Aren't we all a cagey lot

DISboards Moderator

Moving this from TPAS until this has been officially announced.

Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board

Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.
Cyrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 12:38 PM   #162
Mad Hattered
I had a stick of CareFree gum, but it didn't work. I felt pretty good while I was blowing that bubble, but as soon as the gum lost its flavor, I was back to pondering my mortality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrano View Post
Moving this from TPAS until this has been officially announced.
Will you move it back over to the other board when it's ultimately announced by Disney? I wonder how much time it will take for them to do that. Hopefully it will be more than 3 days before January 19th.

At least they gave SDMT a 25 day head start...
Mad Hattered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 02:04 PM   #163
patsal
I've discovered I don't need to be a control freak...and like it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyJanice View Post
I don't care about Avatar Land one way or the other, but if they're going to get rid of any show in AK, it should be Nemo and not the Lion King.

LK is excellent and always worth seeing. Nemo OTOH is easily the worst show I have ever seen at any Disney park going back to the 1970s. It's so, so bad! Even sitting in air-conditioning does nothing to redeem it. Terrible! I will never waste my time there again.
Wow, harsh on poor Nemo, which IMHO is way better than the shell of a show Beauty and The Beast has become as well Little Mermiad.
Old 08-12-2012, 06:49 PM   #164
themadtinkerer
Earning My Ears

hmmm I don't think they will get rid of the show altogether seeing as to how it was popular enough for them to put it in Hong Kong Disneyland.

However I join those that don't get this Avatarland decision... AK used to be one of the parks I liked! With the conservation theme and animals! But I don't get what they are trying to do?? I mean Dinoland is on a parking lot? You can still see the parking lines on the ground!! Faded but still there!

DH saw the show for the very first time and he LOVED it. He put it up there with fantasmic! And we thought it would be something we can keep bringing our kids back to and tell them how mommy and daddy were here for our honeymoon!

Fingers crossed that they will keep it!
themadtinkerer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 07:10 PM   #165
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Of all the live shows at WDW, FOTLK is the only show dh and I have seen repeatedly. All the others were one-shot shows. FOTLK we see several times on each trip; three times on our last trip. It is a quality production with high energy and amazing choreography. We plan to be back at WDW in April 2013 and we will be very disappointed not to see the show. I am hoping that this rumor is not completely true. I don't mind them moving it, but they shouldn't move it until the new location is prepared. And I am another one among many that is very disappointed about the Avatar land plans. It's just creepy in a weird way, not in a fun way.
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: