Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2012, 12:12 AM   #256
Evi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freckledginger View Post
Hi Evi,

Well said. I think it's a very valid "vent." I agree that cruise brides end up spending much more money on our weddings than we are given credit for.
I think the biggest shortcoming is in the planner area... I don't think one planner is sufficient for all the brides booking DCL weddings/VR. Customer service is such a huge emphasis for Disney that I've been surprised that they do not make a better effort in this area. I understand we may be more limited in customization options because our weddings take place so far from DCL, but I wish the planning process was a bit more hands-on/enthusiastic.

I'm sorry DFTW has not been helpful with giving you information about ancillary events. When I decided to plan a DP, I emailed Shanda, who in turn, passed my inquiry along to a different consultant, Michelle Gilhooly (Michelle.R.Gilhooly@disney.com). Michelle was absolutely fantastic, and in terms of planning this event, I was treated as an 'escape bride.' Perhaps try emailing our new planner, Meredith, again and ask her to put you in touch with someone in DFTW that will help with planning a DP? Or you could email Michelle and see if she can provide you with some information? What type of DP are you interested in? If you're interested in planning a Wishes DP, I may be able to help with some of your questions also.

Have a good weekend!

Thank you Ginger =)

Evi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:23 AM   #257
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evi View Post

I tried to inquire about a desert party or renting the grand one today and all I got was a ton of bs and minimums that I know don't exist. Then I'm told call your wedding planner whom had already told me she does not coordinate these things.
If your planner won't help you do a dessert party, just go through Disney's Catered Events. I have all the info HERE: http://disneytravelbabble.com/how-to/private-party/

In order to set up a room block with Disney, you need to guarantee 10 or more room nights. Call Group sales at 407-828-3200
lurkyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-04-2012, 06:16 PM   #258
Evi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
If your planner won't help you do a dessert party, just go through Disney's Catered Events. I have all the info HERE: http://disneytravelbabble.com/how-to/private-party/

In order to set up a room block with Disney, you need to guarantee 10 or more room nights. Call Group sales at 407-828-3200
Thank you!!

Evi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 11:01 PM   #259
JBeanBunny
royal purple pigment

Wow, I get wrapped up in work this week and look at all that's happened on here!

Emily, your wedding photos look lovely! I especially love the one where you're laying in his lap with the port hole behind you! Where was that photo taken? I don't remember seeing a place like that!

Evi, I'm so sorry you're having so many issues getting the proper information regarding your prospective DP! I'm not having one, and I'm completely jealous of everybody who is! I'm hoping one day I can find the extra funding and excuse to have a Fantasmic DP! Every time I see one, I'm completely jealous! Hopefully you can contact the right planner soon and get the process underway!

To anyone who hasn't seen my last PJ post, I've gotten my seating chart submitted to the cruise line. Apparently once you submit your seating preferences, they CANNOT be altered. This is unfortunate because I might have ONE late joiner depending on whether or not the Army will grant his leave! DCL also sent back confirmation of my event. It's going to be held in the D-Lounge (Yuck!) from 4-5 PM on 9/14 while docked in Nassau. Most of the information in that packet was just a regurgitated version of my planning journal, but it's still nice to see your options confirmed. Honestly, the report did seem a little impersonal the way it was all displayed matter-of-fact. I hope I have a good onboard coordinator who is going to help make it special! But now I've got until friday to cough up the $800 for my guests & for the crystal mickey pins for my bouquet. Just a heads up to fellow brides- the price for the crystal mickeys has gone from $6 to $9 each! I ordered 5, so that's an ADDITIONAL $15 I'm spending on them than I was expecting! Also, my parents/grandparents seating song for scrapped. I'll be honest, 12 songs seemed like a lot for an hour-long event, but it would've been nice to know in advance that they weren't going to include it in my wedding! I'm glad that song I picked wasn't one I was too attached to! I really wish they'd put in the effort of wheeling in a grand piano, but since I'm in D-Lounge, I'm stuck with a keyboard. They just don't sound the same

Well, I gotta be up at 6:30 to open my park tomorrow. Got to catch some much deserved ZZZ's! At least tomorrow is my "friday" and I'm off on tuesday and wednesday! Hopefully I can get a lot accomplished on those days! My brain feels fried with all of this wedding planning and associated stress! Wish me luck and sanity!
JBeanBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:00 PM   #260
bats
Enjoying Bahama Mama's

Afternoon all .... well, I've finally caught up with the new thread, thankfully only at 18 pages right now)!

My plan is to get married on CC in October of 2015 .. some way to go yet, but plans are already starting to be put in place thanks to you all.

We are very lucky as one of our best friends is studying photography and is very good ... she's never done a wedding before, but I'd rather trust her than anyone else. We have offered a 'fee' towards her family's cabin, but although she says no now, we'll sort something out I'm sure! A whole ton of on board credit for cocktails maybe!!

My one question is related to the 'where' on CC .. I know where they normally hold the weddings, we looked at it in February on a pre-visit cruise (any excuse)!!. But, my problem is that I can't stand sand .. it brings me out in all kinds of bumps and lumps so it's a definite no no for me!
But .... that lovely wooden pontoon by the Heads Up bar looked perfect!! What do you think the chances are of holding our wedding there?

I know most CC weddings are in the morning and, when we were there in Feb, that bar didn't have any visitors in the hour we were taking photos (we were there from 10 - 11am). It's a lovely place with enough space for alot of people to stand or use the bar stools .. I'm not fussed about pretty chairs etc!

Anyway, good luck to all future brides and for those who have just gotten married .. more photos please!!!

Joa
Quality Inn International Apr 2003 - Magic Mouse Villa on Windsor Palms Apr 2006 - Hong Kong Disney Jan 2007 - Dibb villa & Disney Wonder Sept 2008 - Dibb villa for DBF's 40th Feb 2009 - Dibb villa Sept 2009 - Disneyland Paris Nov 2009 - Disneyland California Apr 2010 - Disney Magic 8 night Western Europe Jul 2010 - SSR Sept 2010 - Maiden Voyage on The Dream Jan 26th 2011 - Disney Magic Med cruise Aug 2011 - OKW Sept 2011 - AKV & Disney Dream Feb 2012 - SSR & Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean Oct 2012 - Disney Magic B2B Med Aug 2013 - Disney Magic Med May 2014 - Disney Magic WBTA & our wedding Sept 2014 Disney Magic 11 night Fjords/Iceland/Orkney Isles Jun 2015
bats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:06 PM   #261
JBeanBunny
royal purple pigment

Quote:
Originally Posted by bats View Post
Afternoon all .... well, I've finally caught up with the new thread, thankfully only at 18 pages right now)!

My plan is to get married on CC in October of 2015 .. some way to go yet, but plans are already starting to be put in place thanks to you all.

We are very lucky as one of our best friends is studying photography and is very good ... she's never done a wedding before, but I'd rather trust her than anyone else. We have offered a 'fee' towards her family's cabin, but although she says no now, we'll sort something out I'm sure! A whole ton of on board credit for cocktails maybe!!

My one question is related to the 'where' on CC .. I know where they normally hold the weddings, we looked at it in February on a pre-visit cruise (any excuse)!!. But, my problem is that I can't stand sand .. it brings me out in all kinds of bumps and lumps so it's a definite no no for me!
But .... that lovely wooden pontoon by the Heads Up bar looked perfect!! What do you think the chances are of holding our wedding there?

I know most CC weddings are in the morning and, when we were there in Feb, that bar didn't have any visitors in the hour we were taking photos (we were there from 10 - 11am). It's a lovely place with enough space for alot of people to stand or use the bar stools .. I'm not fussed about pretty chairs etc!

Anyway, good luck to all future brides and for those who have just gotten married .. more photos please!!!

Joa
Unlike WDW weddings that have a lot of options (and you can pretty much do anything if you throw enough money at them) DCL is very limited with their choices. Unfortunately, despite your sensitivity to sand, I don't think they can move the Castaway Cay wedding to another locale on Castaway Cay. They'll probably suggest if you can't be in the sand that you have an onboard wedding instead. On the plus side, onboard weddings are $1,000 cheaper than CC ones! Also, the timing of the wedding is really up to the discretion of the cruiseline. You can, of course, request things like a specific time frame, but be prepared for a lot of "No" responses for special requests. I'm hoping that one day in the future they will realize the importance of the DCL brides and give us more options and expand the DCL part of the DFTW operation. I don't mean to be a bummer, but it's better not to get your hopes too high for something that may not be possible. BUT it is also very possible that they add more options for DCL brides between now and 2015!!! You never know, three years is a LOT of time, anything is possible
Old 08-06-2012, 11:13 PM   #262
jtlover
DIS Veteran

Had my confirmation through for my vow renewal. We are on the outside deck of meridian for ours at 4.00pm so happy with that as seen a few photos and it looks a nice location on Nassau day. Can't wait now
Old 08-07-2012, 11:56 AM   #263
JBeanBunny
royal purple pigment

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtlover View Post
Had my confirmation through for my vow renewal. We are on the outside deck of meridian for ours at 4.00pm so happy with that as seen a few photos and it looks a nice location on Nassau day. Can't wait now
Congrats! It's so exciting to get the confirmation back from the cruise line! It makes you realize how close you're getting to your special day!
Old 08-10-2012, 01:08 PM   #264
Freckledginger
Mouseketeer

Hi Everyone! =)
Hope you're having a Happy Friday!

I'm in the midst of filling out my PG, and was just wondering what people are doing for ceremony music. I watched a YouTube video of a CC wedding that used CD of music, and would just cut the song off when the person had finished walking (the aisle for CC is apparently quite short). This felt a bit disjointed in my opinion, so now I'm considering using just one song for the entire bridal party or seeing if I can get a mix of songs made up so the transitions are better? I realize this wouldn't be an issue if I used the piano player, but I had envisioned using music other than what is offered. Any suggestions? Past CC brides, do you have any advice?

Thanks!!
Old 08-10-2012, 01:50 PM   #265
lexis
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hi Everyone! =)

I'm in the midst of filling out my PG, and was just wondering what people are doing for ceremony music. I watched a YouTube video of a CC wedding that used CD of music, and would just cut the song off when the person had finished walking (the aisle for CC is apparently quite short). This felt a bit disjointed in my opinion, so now I'm considering using just one song for the entire bridal party or seeing if I can get a mix of songs made up so the transitions are better? I realize this wouldn't be an issue if I used the piano player, but I had envisioned using music other than what is offered. Any suggestions? Past CC brides, do you have any advice?

Thanks!!

We used our own music cd. Make sure you label the cd with the songs and the order they are in. The piano player actually operated the cd player. We had 10 songs on our playlist. During the cake and champaign we ran out of music and without missing a beat the piano player just started playing and he was really good.. Granted we were in outlook. I hope this helps
lexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 02:36 PM   #266
jtlover
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi Everyone! =)

Thanks!!
We are having Disney music on piano by the pianist. We are having

Colours of the wind
Part of your world
Married life from up
You've got a friend in me
When you wish upon a star

But ours is a renewal and all the above sound fab on piano
Old 08-10-2012, 07:54 PM   #267
JBeanBunny
royal purple pigment

Quote:
Hi Everyone! =)

Thanks!!
Here's my playlist (according to Meredith, the absence of my parents/grandparents song was just an oversight and it'll still be played)

Prelude: *Someday My Prince Will Come & *So This is Love
Grandparent/Parents seating: *Can You Feel the Love Tonight
Bridesmaid/Flower Girl: *A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes
Processional: *A Whole New World
Recessional: *Fantasmic! Theme
Cake Cutting: *When You Wish Upon a Star
First Dance: *At Last I See The Light
Celebration: *Once Upon a Dream, *Kiss the Girl, *Rainbow Connection, *Beauty & The Beast

I figure, the more songs the better- that way they hopefully won't run out! I would leave all of the songs they recommend! I would rather have too many than not enough! Also, the advantage to a pianist over a CD/ iPod is that a pianist can wrap up a song in a short amount of time. If you walk down the (short) aisle at CC and they cut off the song on the CD player, I would feel a bit disjointed... For the last CC wedding I heard, he played under the sea for the entire seating (there were only 10ish guests) but that song felt like it was dragged out. The groom was in place and the guests were seated, and they still had to wait for the bride to arrive on her chariot (golf cart) And after the bride arrived, the pianist changed to the wedding march, which didn't last very long because... the aisle isn't terribly long! But it flowed well because he used his piano playing instincts! To be honest, watching the actual CC ceremony did not take very long at all. Everybody arrived, sat, watched, then everybody was ushered back onboard afterwards.

To be honest, I can't tell if that was helpful or if I was just rambling! My mind is just so far gone! BUT Michael and I bought a tuxedo and a suit today! Yay! And in the morning I fly to Chicago for a whirlwind trip! Getting my hair cut/ colored/ permed, having my bridal shower, and getting my final fittings so I can fly my dress home on wednesday! Then thursday I go back to pick up the tux and suit! Ahh! Big, exciting things are happening! Have a wonderful weekends, DIS Brides!!!
Old 08-10-2012, 09:04 PM   #268
dclwonderprincess
Mouseketeer

Planning progress

DF and I are getting married on board of the Wonder May 2013 but as you can imagine planning has already taken over. I thought I would share a few of the things I have already come up with. For our guest we sent out save the date magnets and will be making passport invites with space for autographs. Since 16 of our relatives and one bff are making the trip with us I decided that welcome gifts are a must. We have 3 children in the group and I've also made special gift bags for them. The baskets include basic essential items then I've purchased a few of the Disney gifts on clearance from Michaels. Most of my purchases have been from the $ Tree, $ spot at Target or Michaels. I also got the kids each a beach towel on clearance from our local Disney outlet store. We plan on delivering our gifts to guests as they arrive at their rooms. Partial projects currently include a welcome letter, passport invite, luggage tags, tote bags, magnets, and some sort of reusable cup, I'm still deciding between nalgene bottles and coffee cups. Here are a few pics of what I have so far.

dclwonderprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 08:40 AM   #269
bats
Enjoying Bahama Mama's

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBeanBunny View Post
Unlike WDW weddings that have a lot of options (and you can pretty much do anything if you throw enough money at them) DCL is very limited with their choices. Unfortunately, despite your sensitivity to sand, I don't think they can move the Castaway Cay wedding to another locale on Castaway Cay. They'll probably suggest if you can't be in the sand that you have an onboard wedding instead. On the plus side, onboard weddings are $1,000 cheaper than CC ones! Also, the timing of the wedding is really up to the discretion of the cruiseline. You can, of course, request things like a specific time frame, but be prepared for a lot of "No" responses for special requests. I'm hoping that one day in the future they will realize the importance of the DCL brides and give us more options and expand the DCL part of the DFTW operation. I don't mean to be a bummer, but it's better not to get your hopes too high for something that may not be possible. BUT it is also very possible that they add more options for DCL brides between now and 2015!!! You never know, three years is a LOT of time, anything is possible
No can do with an onboard wedding .. we have over 50 people coming from the UK!
Best they start flexing their rules for us DCL brides then and realise that we are just as good as WDW brides!!
Quality Inn International Apr 2003 - Magic Mouse Villa on Windsor Palms Apr 2006 - Hong Kong Disney Jan 2007 - Dibb villa & Disney Wonder Sept 2008 - Dibb villa for DBF's 40th Feb 2009 - Dibb villa Sept 2009 - Disneyland Paris Nov 2009 - Disneyland California Apr 2010 - Disney Magic 8 night Western Europe Jul 2010 - SSR Sept 2010 - Maiden Voyage on The Dream Jan 26th 2011 - Disney Magic Med cruise Aug 2011 - OKW Sept 2011 - AKV & Disney Dream Feb 2012 - SSR & Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean Oct 2012 - Disney Magic B2B Med Aug 2013 - Disney Magic Med May 2014 - Disney Magic WBTA & our wedding Sept 2014 Disney Magic 11 night Fjords/Iceland/Orkney Isles Jun 2015
bats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 03:12 PM   #270
lexis
Mouseketeer

Bats, ask them if you can reserve the theatre on board the ship. That should be large enough for your group
lexis is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: