Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2012, 08:44 PM   #16
dizneekrazee
Fullfilling my bucket list, one vacation at a time....

We are traveling to Peru in Oct as well, however we decided to do it on our own instead of with ABD, or with any tour company for that matter. This is our 1st intercontinental trip, and I must say, all of our international bookings were beyond difficuly. Had I have known it was to be that rough, I would have done ABD.

DLR-Many times!!WDWTBD DCLfingers crossed for 10/15
Walt Disney Family Museum 3/12Club 33 8/12, 5/13, 8/13Pixar Animation Studios 1/13Aulani 4/13Walt's Apartment 5/13
dizneekrazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 04:51 PM   #17
Bobo912
DIS Veteran

I took a calculated risk and delayed booking, hoping for an incentive. I wanted the March dates and figured the prices for the summer dates would increase first, but I was wrong. Our date went up by $100 pp this week, so I booked today before the price goes up again. We're going to Peru!

BTW...there were 17 people booked on this trip already and the price had gone up within the last day or two, so that gives an idea of when the price increases, in this case, at least.

Last edited by Bobo912; 08-11-2012 at 07:30 AM.
Bobo912 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-10-2012, 05:55 PM   #18
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo912 View Post
I took a calculated risk and delayed booking, hoping for an incentive. I wanted the March dates and figured the prices for the summer dates would increase first, but I was wrong. Our date went up by $100 pp this week, so I booked today before the price goes up again. We're going to Peru!
Very cool!! I'll make that one some day.

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 07:36 AM   #19
Bobo912
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
Very cool!! I'll make that one some day.

Sayhello
I thought I should go for it while the knees and hips are still fully functioning.
Old 08-12-2012, 11:00 AM   #20
tufbuf
Disney Addict!

Quote:

BTW...there were 17 people booked on this trip already and the price had gone up within the last day or two, so that gives an idea of when the price increases, in this case, at least.
Congrats, Bobo912!!! You will love this trip! Yup, I agree, gotta do it while the legs and hips are still working, especially on this trip.

ABD-2014(Ireland/Scotland),2013(CR),2012(Greece/Alpine Magic),2011 (Peru & Ecuador),2010 (SWS),2009 (CKL),2008 (VI); DCL-2007 (DW 3n),2008 (DM 7n WC),2010 (11n Med),2011 (DD 3n,7n MR,DD 4n),2012 (DFMV 7nWC,5nCan DM,5n DD),2013(3n DD,12n Med DM),2014(DD4n,DF7n NYE),DParis 09/09-WDW (Boardwalk) 12/06-DL (Grand Californian) 09/05-WDW (AK Lodge) 10/04 WDW (Coronado Springs) 06/03-DL 09/00-WDW (All Star Music) 10/98-WDW (Port Orleans) 11/97-DL Jun92
tufbuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 01:32 PM   #21
Bobo912
DIS Veteran

I noticed that the price for our date had increased another $100 pp this week so when I called to book a pre-night, I asked how many had booked so far, expecting the count to have increased, but it was still the same as when I made my reservation 2 weeks ago. I also booked our air and the price they quoted for our Delta flight was about $50 less pp than booking directly with Delta. In the past the price has always been the same as what I found on my own. They told me they have an arrangement. I'm glad I didn't book it myself.
Old 08-25-2012, 06:12 PM   #22
kristilew
DIS Veteran

But didn't the count increase by your group? I think the price must have gone up because of your booking.
kristilew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 06:24 PM   #23
Bobo912
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristilew View Post
But didn't the count increase by your group? I think the price must have gone up because of your booking.
When we booked there were 17 already, so we made the total go up to 19. I guess somebody cancelled because now it's 17 including us. I thiink the price went up around 10 days after we booked.
Old 08-25-2012, 07:21 PM   #24
fireplug
Keeper of the Flame
Look for me at Margaritaville
D/W is always telling me I have MCS (Middle Child Syndrome) :D
Cyber Uncles can send hugs!

Quote:
I thought I should go for it while the knees and hips are still fully functioning.
We did this trip on 2009 and loved it! You are correct in needing good legs. I had an arthroscope of one knee 6 months before the trip and it was tough going on some of the climbs. I hope you all have a great time!

Squid
Old 09-25-2012, 02:34 AM   #25
kac911
Mouseketeer

Location: A hop & a skip from Disneyland (southern California- Orange County)

Oct 6, 2012 ABD Peru Adults Only

Suitcases are packed!! We actually leave tomorrow to spend some time on our own before the ABD check in, but 1 1/2 weeks until our Peru Adult Only ABD trip! I'm kind of sad I wasn't able to meet anyone on the trip beforehand, My DCL disboard friends have become some of my favorite people and I was hoping for the same pre-made friendships to enhance this trip (I guess DH will just have to keep me entertained, but poor guy doesn't always have the energy needed to feed my "go"!). Nonetheless, I'm sure it will be wonderful! I'll try to get to a TR, I'm just not a great writer and am an even better procrastinator (I still mean to write the Disneyland Tokyo report from last Sept). So, I'm mostly posting this so if those with up coming trips need a resource I can be contacted. Be back home mid Oct!
kac911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:46 PM   #26
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kac911 View Post
Suitcases are packed!! We actually leave tomorrow to spend some time on our own before the ABD check in, but 1 1/2 weeks until our Peru Adult Only ABD trip! I'm kind of sad I wasn't able to meet anyone on the trip beforehand, My DCL disboard friends have become some of my favorite people and I was hoping for the same pre-made friendships to enhance this trip (I guess DH will just have to keep me entertained, but poor guy doesn't always have the energy needed to feed my "go"!). Nonetheless, I'm sure it will be wonderful! I'll try to get to a TR, I'm just not a great writer and am an even better procrastinator (I still mean to write the Disneyland Tokyo report from last Sept). So, I'm mostly posting this so if those with up coming trips need a resource I can be contacted. Be back home mid Oct!
Yes, because the number of people on an ABD is so much smaller than the number of people on a cruise, there's less chance of hooking up with fellow DISers. I'm sure you'll become friends with your fellow travellers VERY quickly! ABD is really good at fostering that!

Safe travels!
Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:02 PM   #27
queenmother
Earning My Ears

After discussion with family members over Thanksgiving who have visited Peru in the past, we have booked for July 14 2013!! We have 2 teens who will be 16 and 13 next summer. I am studying the flights now and insurance, I think 500K of med evac insurance will be enough, Disney insurance is only 75K, I usually carry what I call "mean boss" insurance which is actually unpredicatable job insurance with Allianz that will reimburse us if I have to work after all due to unforeseen work circumstances, as well as the usual medical and trip interruption reasons. Also, happily I have found that the airfare doesn't seem too crazy from Indiana. I am debating if we need to fly in a day early or not, the flight arrives at 9:40 pm on Day one and the action seems to start on Day 2. Is there much extra to see in the Lima area? I will have to do some research of course!! So excited!!!!
Old 11-26-2012, 06:36 PM   #28
Bobo912
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenmother View Post
After discussion with family members over Thanksgiving who have visited Peru in the past, we have booked for July 14 2013!! We have 2 teens who will be 16 and 13 next summer. I am studying the flights now and insurance, I think 500K of med evac insurance will be enough, Disney insurance is only 75K, I usually carry what I call "mean boss" insurance which is actually unpredicatable job insurance with Allianz that will reimburse us if I have to work after all due to unforeseen work circumstances, as well as the usual medical and trip interruption reasons. Also, happily I have found that the airfare doesn't seem too crazy from Indiana. I am debating if we need to fly in a day early or not, the flight arrives at 9:40 pm on Day one and the action seems to start on Day 2. Is there much extra to see in the Lima area? I will have to do some research of course!! So excited!!!!
Congratulations! I decided to fly into Lima a day early. Last year when we flew to Guayquil, Ecuador our flight was scheduled to arrive at 11:00PM, but our take off from Miami was delayed due to mechanical problems. We ended up arriving at our hotel in Guayquil around 3:30AM. We got to bed around 4:00 and had to get up an hour later to go back to the airport for a flight to the Galapagos. We were so excited we managed to make it through the first day without collapsing from fatigue, but I wanted to avoid any possibility of that happening again.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:26 AM   #29
kristilew
DIS Veteran

I second flying in a day early. We did not on the Peru trip, and spent a day or two catching up. Once the Adventure starts, you are going full-tilt!

You will LOVE this trip!
kristilew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:30 PM   #30
queenmother
Earning My Ears

Thanks!! How crazy are those 2 am departures from Lima? Was the check in at the Lima airport in Lima to come home a little crazy at midnight?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: