Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-10-2012, 04:05 PM   #586
caper4
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 54

What to do? We are looking to book Dec. 20th -Jan 3rd at POFQ. As of yesterday the room with free dining was available but today it's not :<(( It is available from 20-27. I can't book a split as I'd lose the free dining. The woman in reservations, suggested booking the 7 and then keep calling back to see if anything opened up but if I were to do that, what if nothing opens up and then 2 weeks at the other moderates are also booked. As this is only our 3rd trip and we did go last Christmas for 10 days, I'm hoping for some suggestions.
__________________
caper4 is offline  
Old 08-10-2012, 04:28 PM   #587
Missytara
I'm all ears!
 
Missytara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Delaware
Posts: 14,087

Quote:
Originally Posted by caper4
What to do? We are looking to book Dec. 20th -Jan 3rd at POFQ. As of yesterday the room with free dining was available but today it's not :<(( It is available from 20-27. I can't book a split as I'd lose the free dining. The woman in reservations, suggested booking the 7 and then keep calling back to see if anything opened up but if I were to do that, what if nothing opens up and then 2 weeks at the other moderates are also booked. As this is only our 3rd trip and we did go last Christmas for 10 days, I'm hoping for some suggestions.
The best you can do is as the CM suggested. You cannot hesitate for FD to begin with and around the holidays, you are pretty darn lucky to get it.

I would book what you can get for free dining; book the remainder at a value or a room discount at POFQ if it comes available, and keep your fingers crossed maybe something will open up, but there is no guarantee. Not all FD rooms cancelled go back into promo categories, if not needed.
__________________




Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-10-2012, 05:00 PM   #588
Melissa Lubbe
Earning My Ears
 
Melissa Lubbe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 18

Leaving in three days. So, excited. Driving down from Philadelphia.

Is the recreation/movie schedule for the next three weeks posted already?
__________________
Melissa Lubbe is offline  
Old 08-10-2012, 06:31 PM   #589
Missytara
I'm all ears!
 
Missytara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Delaware
Posts: 14,087

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa Lubbe
Leaving in three days. So, excited. Driving down from Philadelphia.

Is the recreation/movie schedule for the next three weeks posted already?
They publish them one month at a time, so August is already out.

I live in Delaware, so I will wave to you on the way down.
__________________




Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline  
Old 08-10-2012, 08:00 PM   #590
Royal Consort
And I thought a Park Hopper was just a Kangaroo in a native reserve.
 
Royal Consort's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 489

Quote:
Originally Posted by caper4 View Post
What to do? We are looking to book Dec. 20th -Jan 3rd at POFQ. As of yesterday the room with free dining was available but today it's not :<(( It is available from 20-27. I can't book a split as I'd lose the free dining. The woman in reservations, suggested booking the 7 and then keep calling back to see if anything opened up but if I were to do that, what if nothing opens up and then 2 weeks at the other moderates are also booked. As this is only our 3rd trip and we did go last Christmas for 10 days, I'm hoping for some suggestions.
As of RIGHT NOW, your dates are available at FQ with FD.

Just checked.
__________________
Royal Consort is offline  
Old 08-11-2012, 02:16 AM   #591
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict
 
andrewilley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Birmingham UK
Posts: 5,147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa Lubbe View Post
Leaving in three days. So, excited. Driving down from Philadelphia.

Is the recreation/movie schedule for the next three weeks posted already?
Yes, see http://www.portorleans.org/recreatio...s-schedule.php

Andre
__________________
Port Orleans Riverside is my second home - I never get homesick when I'm there, but it does happen the other way around!


For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline  
Old 08-11-2012, 02:27 AM   #592
Royal Consort
And I thought a Park Hopper was just a Kangaroo in a native reserve.
 
Royal Consort's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 489

OK, so this morning (Aussie time, evening Florida time) Disney appeared to release quite a few standard French Quarter rooms with Free Dining. They lasted for several hours.
I hope everyone holding out for them had luck!!


caper4 I hope you were able to get on to Disney to get what you wanted?!

We originally booked to stay at FQ in Jan but we had to move to Riverside for Free Dining but today we were able to change back.
__________________

Last edited by Royal Consort; 08-11-2012 at 02:42 AM.
Royal Consort is offline  
Old 08-11-2012, 05:19 AM   #593
caper4
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Consort View Post
As of RIGHT NOW, your dates are available at FQ with FD.

Just checked.
No I've missed it :<((..we are on the East Coast so usually miss anything that gets released later at night as we are in bed and yes even on a Friday night. Our son was volunteering and we had to go pick him up around 9ish and then a late dinner and zzzzzzzzzzzzz land. What time did they release the rooms? We are an hour ahead of Florida time.
__________________
caper4 is offline  
Old 08-11-2012, 05:25 AM   #594
caper4
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Consort View Post
OK, so this morning (Aussie time, evening Florida time) Disney appeared to release quite a few standard French Quarter rooms with Free Dining. They lasted for several hours.
I hope everyone holding out for them had luck!!


caper4 I hope you were able to get on to Disney to get what you wanted?!

We originally booked to stay at FQ in Jan but we had to move to Riverside for Free Dining but today we were able to change back.
Maybe that's why she suggested to book the 7 days as she knew they were opening up more rooms...wah I want to cry...my daughter is :<(( as the room isn't available..
__________________
caper4 is offline  
Old 08-11-2012, 06:26 AM   #595
aubreysmom09
Mouseketeer
 
aubreysmom09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 452

Quote:
Originally Posted by caper4

No I've missed it :<((..we are on the East Coast so usually miss anything that gets released later at night as we are in bed and yes even on a Friday night. Our son was volunteering and we had to go pick him up around 9ish and then a late dinner and zzzzzzzzzzzzz land. What time did they release the rooms? We are an hour ahead of Florida time.
I'm in VA, and I called at about 915pm.
__________________
aubreysmom09 is offline  
Old 08-11-2012, 06:37 AM   #596
Royal Consort
And I thought a Park Hopper was just a Kangaroo in a native reserve.
 
Royal Consort's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 489

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubreysmom09 View Post
I'm in VA, and I called at about 915pm.
I called around that time I think. Was morning for me of course.
__________________
Royal Consort is offline  
Old 08-11-2012, 06:56 AM   #597
aubreysmom09
Mouseketeer
 
aubreysmom09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 452

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Consort

I called around that time I think. Was morning for me of course.
I saw your post, and that s when I checked. So thanks!!
__________________
aubreysmom09 is offline  
Old 08-11-2012, 07:02 AM   #598
Royal Consort
And I thought a Park Hopper was just a Kangaroo in a native reserve.
 
Royal Consort's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 489

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubreysmom09 View Post
I saw your post, and that s when I checked. So thanks!!
I'm glad it helped someone.

Congrats on getting your resort reservation aubreysmom09!
__________________
Royal Consort is offline  
Old 08-11-2012, 07:18 AM   #599
taylor3297
DIS Veteran
 
taylor3297's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 3,959

Quote:
Originally Posted by caper4 View Post
No I've missed it :<((..we are on the East Coast so usually miss anything that gets released later at night as we are in bed and yes even on a Friday night. Our son was volunteering and we had to go pick him up around 9ish and then a late dinner and zzzzzzzzzzzzz land. What time did they release the rooms? We are an hour ahead of Florida time.
Are you on eastern time? Then you are on the same time as Orlando. Only the panhandle of Florida is on central.
__________________
taylor3297 is offline  
Old 08-11-2012, 07:21 AM   #600
GoofyMB
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ma
Posts: 368

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor3297

Are you on eastern time? Then you are on the same time as Orlando. Only the panhandle of Florida is on central.
I was thinking the same thing. Maybe they are in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick or Labrador ??
__________________
GoofyMB is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: