Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 02:18 PM   #106
MotoXPrincess99
Yep, mine is new too
I just googled
Drive-by girl
Today is a GOOD DAY!

Is anyone going to be at Disneyland Labor Day weekend? My Mom and I will be there Friday night through Monday evening if anyone wants to meet up.
Old 08-10-2012, 02:57 AM   #107
Astylla
Disney Fanatic

Hello all I've been MIA the last month or two with so much work related stress and drama , but I will try to pop in more frequently. I had been avoiding the boards actually because I have been so sad our October trip had been put on hold , however after discussing things with DH he is on board with me again for a weekend trip in October before heading to our "big" Disneyland Christmas vacation in December , and man will I NEED it , LOL.

Our 2 year wedding anniversary is in a few weeks and since we aren't able to get away we will put that towards October , hehe !

I hope everyone is doing well. I am currently on 6 day work weeks with the promise of new hires..so we shall see. Take care everyone !
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-10-2012, 01:43 PM   #108
VintageDisneyRules
Why does candy taste so much better when it's wrapped in Easter print
I mean who wants to cuddle up to an ice cube

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MEL!!!
Old 08-10-2012, 02:34 PM   #109
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Fly by Hi!!!!! So busy right now, with work and kids stuff, it's a little insane.....lol Miss you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
Old 08-10-2012, 04:17 PM   #110
MyYearWithTheMouse
Disneyland In A Year!

Hi everyone . I'm wondering if I'm eligible to attend this trip. I'm local (very, very local) and might have a SoCal pass, so might only be able to attend the Thursday, Friday, and Sunday events. Is that okay? If not, I understand .

Also, I know I don't know you yet, but happy birthday Mel, and my condolences to Jill. Losing a mom is never easy.

Also also, I'm afraid I have some potentially bad news. The Princess Fantasy Faire is closing in a couple of days and Disneyland is turning the former Carnation Plaza into the new PFF. What's unfortunate is that it's not set to open until "Spring 2013," which usually means April or even May. The princesses themselves will be doing meet and greets along the path from Fantasyland to It's A Small World. So there might be some adjustments to the PFF tradition. Here's some concept art for the new PFF from the Disney Parks Blog. It's gonna be amazing:
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...sneyland-park/
You can also see the concept art in person at the Main Street Opera House (at Mr. Lincoln).

A little about me--I'm Shelby, married to DH for 11 years. We have a DS, Theo, aged 3.5, and we're also in the process of adopting our DD, Violet, who turned one in July. She's in China and we are hoping to travel to pick her up in November (waiting on paperwork--ugh).

I'm a SAHM and writer, and also a blogger. I started a blog with the intention of doing everything there is to do at Disneyland in one year, then both failed miserably (too much to do!) and decided I liked the project too much to stop doing it, so I'm now in year 2. You can find me at My Year With The Mouse (hence the username).

If nobody objects to my limited attendance, I look forward to getting to know you on this thread and maybe meet you in February/March .

Shelby, head My Year With The Mouseketeer
Old 08-10-2012, 09:19 PM   #111
LisaCat
Counting too many days till my next trip to Disney!

Welcome, Shelby!

Lots of people only attend parts of the "weekend", so by all means, jump on in!

I knew about the PFF changeover, but forgot all about the fact that it would mess up our princess photo. Hm. Maybe we should do something different this year like a Radiator Springs group photo? Then we wouldn't need tiaras..... Just sayin..... LOL

Old 08-10-2012, 10:58 PM   #112
VintageDisneyRules
Why does candy taste so much better when it's wrapped in Easter print
I mean who wants to cuddle up to an ice cube

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCat View Post
Welcome, Shelby!

Lots of people only attend parts of the "weekend", so by all means, jump on in!

I knew about the PFF changeover, but forgot all about the fact that it would mess up our princess photo. Hm. Maybe we should do something different this year like a Radiator Springs group photo? Then we wouldn't need tiaras..... Just sayin..... LOL
Yes Shelby, you can attend as many or as few days/events as you want. The whole gang does not stay together the entire time, we just drift from place to place and run into others throughout the days.
No tiaras Lisa? I can't quite picture where we'd all fit for a RS picture. Do you have a place in mind?
Old 08-10-2012, 11:00 PM   #113
LisaCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageDisneyRules View Post
Yes Shelby, you can attend as many or as few days/events as you want. The whole gang does not stay together the entire time, we just drift from place to place and run into others throughout the days.
No tiaras Lisa? I can't quite picture where we'd all fit for a RS picture. Do you have a place in mind?
In front of the Fire Station? Somewhere near the Cozy Cone? By the hippie fruit stand? LOL It would go with the TIE DYE.... *ducking*

Last edited by LisaCat; 08-10-2012 at 11:17 PM.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:44 PM   #114
CamoMama
DIS Veteran

Maybe around the flag pole? Or in front of the landscaped area between the tunnels in front?

Feb/Mar 2014 - DLR Diva Trip - GCH
Feb/Mar 2013 - DLR Diva Trip - HoJo's
July 2012 - DLR - Anaheim Carriage Inn (never again)
May 2012 - DLR - Motel 6 ~ Read my solo trip report here!
February 2012 - CBR
July 2010 - DLR - Embassy Suites
1978-1990 - DLR - multiple trips, all offsite
Old 08-11-2012, 01:35 AM   #115
MyYearWithTheMouse
Disneyland In A Year!

Oh yay! I'm hanging with the Cool Kids!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamoMama View Post
Maybe around the flag pole? Or in front of the landscaped area between the tunnels in front?
Not a bad idea. I love the fire station but that does get backed up with the RSR single rider line on crowded days.

Another thought is the Storytellers statue on Buena Vista Street? There's usually a Photopass photographer stationed there as well, and it's a great statue.

Old 08-11-2012, 10:55 AM   #116
pixidustmom
Dreaming of the World

I have a good friend that is now a Disney photographer. I wonder if she could possibly do or photo? She gets or obsession.lol

Come check out my pre trip report.http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3254412
POFQ 1996POR 2006 and 2009 Going to POP 2014 Disneyland too many to count
Old 08-11-2012, 01:21 PM   #117
LisaCat

The fountain on Buena Vista Street is pretty also. There's the Grizzly Waterfall too. All sorts of ideas. I kinda like the idea of doing a big group shot in the "new and improved" park to go with our Castle shot. Share the love with DCA, right? LOL

Hope everyone is staying cool today. Going to be about 105 here again. Ick.....

Shelby, I spent some time reading thru your blog last night. I like your writing.

Old 08-11-2012, 03:45 PM   #118
raftislander
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cittycat View Post
OH! I think I met someone from Gig Harbor at the MouseMeet! I wonder if it was you?? The PNWMM has been great each year...we usually help each year...this year I helped at registration when you came in & my daughter was a dole whip server!
My daughter will be a senior this year, but I think has mentally departed! It feels like an empty next already!
Was that you? I checked in with my daughter just before 10:00am and was in the line for the very front part of the alphabet. Am certain that I bought a Dole whip from your daughter. I know what you mean about senior years. No one warned me about how stressful they are for the student or the parent. So much to be done for the senior year and for college the next year I finally had to put a list on the refrigerator with deadlines and "to dos" Does you daughter know what she wants to do next year?
Old 08-11-2012, 10:34 PM   #119
MyYearWithTheMouse
Disneyland In A Year!

Quote:
The fountain on Buena Vista Street is pretty also. There's the Grizzly Waterfall too. All sorts of ideas. I kinda like the idea of doing a big group shot in the "new and improved" park to go with our Castle shot. Share the love with DCA, right? LOL

Hope everyone is staying cool today. Going to be about 105 here again. Ick.....

Shelby, I spent some time reading thru your blog last night. I like your writing.
Thanks Lisa! I agree the BVS fountain would make a nice picture.

It was ~95 here and we were at the OC Fair. Not only was I hot, I kept thinking "this place is FILTHY!!!" I mean, I like the fair and everything, but give me Disneyland any day! You know, people complain that Disneyland is so expensive, but you could easily spend a hundred bucks riding rides at the fair. We were over in kiddie land and it cost us $15 for DS to ride FOUR rides--the little kiddie ones! The worst was that you had to buy "tickets" in groups of five, and two of the rides DS went on were 5 tickets each and the other two were 6 tickets, so we had to buy 15 tickets and had 3 leftover. Lame. And the food wasn't exactly cheaper than Disneyland either.

Fortunately, what I really like--the exhibits and competitions, and even the giant room filled with real-live infomercials--were air conditioned. And DS loved the animals, of course. And the petting zoo was free. But still, can't wait for our passes to be unblocked.

Old 08-12-2012, 01:15 AM   #120
lulubelle
I am Miss Klutz Woman
We could seriously have a Pirate Party in there!
As far as pants go, we were not allowed to wear them

Quote:
In front of the Fire Station? Somewhere near the Cozy Cone? By the hippie fruit stand? LOL It would go with the TIE DYE.... *ducking*
You better duck sister - no tie dye!!!
But I agree we should change it up this year and go somewhere different.

Welcome Shelby Of course you and go on the days that work for you.

I am ready for the heatwave to subside. Way ready.

DH~You will forever be in my heart
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: