Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2012, 11:03 AM   #16
KatMark
DIS Veteran

That looks like a really nice hotel, and good call at spending the night at a hotel nearer the airport and NOT having to get up at 3 a.m. (which is what we have to do for our flight in 37 days ).

I find the Disney stores by us to be the same...lots of toys, Princess stuff (dolls, etc.), a few adult items, kids t-shirts (mostly girls) and the new perfume line.
Old 08-09-2012, 02:19 PM   #17
solana131
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
That looks like a really nice hotel, and good call at spending the night at a hotel nearer the airport and NOT having to get up at 3 a.m. (which is what we have to do for our flight in 37 days ).

I find the Disney stores by us to be the same...lots of toys, Princess stuff (dolls, etc.), a few adult items, kids t-shirts (mostly girls) and the new perfume line.
Perfume line??? Guess I missed that. But I've never been one for perfumes, so I can see how I would miss it. I actually came really really close to buying a cute rolling suitcase for a carryon. It had all the princesses on it and it was a sparkly plastic like thing. The only thing stopping me was that I just couldn't see me using it other than that one time. If they had had a Mickey one or something that I would've liked to carry when I go with my family next time, I would've scooped it up, but they had the princesses, Cinderella alone, and a very bright pink Minnie one.

So where were we??? Oh yeah, we hit the hay around 9pm and both slept really good in that cheap hotel I woke up right before the alarm at 4:59am. I woke Dani up and told her I was showering and for her to get ready......ummm yeah....So I showered, got dressed, packed up the overnight bag and still no movement from the teenager. So I woke her up again and made sure she really got up. Then I went down to check out and we were headed to the airport. We parked in the garage (really cheap for the week by the way) and made the long trek into the terminal.

Manchester is a very small airport. They have a few restaurants on the outside of security which we skipped (I am too scared about making it through security to eat first) and we flew through the checkpoint line. On the inside of the terminal they only have a couple little food stands, so we grabbed some waters and juices from the newstand place and a bagel each from Dunkin Donuts. My tummy is always on edge the morning of a flight, so we saved our bagels for the ride. It was an uneventful 3 hour flight and we arrived at MCO right at 10:30am. I just love that airport! Dani was very excited about the mini monorail:

And I had to get her first shot at Disney with the fun sign in the main building

Yes, she is wearing a sweatshirt! She was quick to admit that she didn't need it long. She was sweltering on the ME. So we took a quick potty break then headed straight for the Magical Express area. Our line looked fairly long, but we caught it just in time. It started moving outside as soon as we hit it. We had one of the water park buses

I thought it looked neat, but they are a pain to see out of. And where this was Dani's first time, I hated that bus. So, French Quarter was the first stop, so we were checked in and buying our refillable mugs by 11:45! Our room wasn't ready, but I had high hopes that it would be soon, so we just grabbed our mugs and took a walk around the resort. It was really hot, so that didn't last long. Just down around the pool and back to the main building. We figured we would get some lunch and if the room still wasn't ready we would go to a park. I really would've rather changed first since I was wearing a skirt, and I just always feel icky after traveling, but that's the way it went.

We walked into the French Quarter food court which we affectionately dubbed "Sass", and it smelled so good. I think we were hungry and just happy to be there. I ordered the Muffaletta sandwich with a side of chips for $8.99.

It was soooooo yummy! It had ham, salami, melted provalone, and a delish olive relish. The bread was warm and soft and it was very filling. Dani had the chicken quesadillas with beans and salsa for $8.59.

She said they were very good, but I was too involved with my sandwich to really care about testing those things. Afterall, I make quesadillas all the time at home But she was happy.

We finished up with lunch and our room still wasn't ready, so I ran into the bathroom and did a quick cool cloth cleanup and we took our carryons over to Bell Services so we could enjoy a park. Where did we go first??? Well that was a big question when I was planning this trip. What should Dani's first Disney experience be? I had a dinner ADR at Epcot, but not until 7pm, so we had time. I was originally planning to hop the boat to DTD and do some shopping, but that got vetoed on my PTR, so I had to re-think my options. I knew trying to hit a big ride right in the middle of the day would mean a long line, and I didn't want that to be her first experience. So.....

We decided to head to the Magic Kingdom to just look around a little before our ADR. I told her it was going to be crazy hot and crazy crowded there, but she was all for it.

Here we are!!!!! My favorite view ever! Well, it was a better view in Feb without the hoards of people, but it's still pretty cool. And that stupid scrim on the bakery was finally down

I had to get these pics because I missed them in Feb

Cute photo spot!

So what did I decide Dani's first ride should be??? You will have to stay tuned because I am running out of time here today.....

Feb'12 TR: How do I go back to a world that doesn't have fireworks every night?
July'12 TR: July 2012. Yes it was hot. Yes it was crowded. Yes it was FUN!
August'13 TR: Mom...am I supposed to have shoes on??
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-09-2012, 03:10 PM   #18
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

So glad your first park was MK!!!!! Can't wait to see what her first ride will be...
Old 08-09-2012, 03:16 PM   #19
beachta1
Mouseketeer

Hi, I'm new to the boards and enjoying your trip report! Can't wait to hear what you did first and how you spent the rest of your time at WDW ):
Old 08-09-2012, 03:19 PM   #20
katt789
DIS Veteran

I'm here to join in! Loving it so far, looks like it was an awesome time so far!

Instagram:Katt789
Twitter: KattWy

Old 08-09-2012, 03:26 PM   #21
KatMark
DIS Veteran

you are there.

I have to tell you that Muffaletta sandwich looks really, really good and has all my favorites on it (although I would pass on the relish.

I'm so happy MK was the first park...I think that was a wise choice with Dani.

Love the photos of you two with Roy and Minnie.

Can't wait to hear what the first ride will be.
Old 08-09-2012, 04:01 PM   #22
PrincessFendi
Mouseketeer

Yay! Your cousins first trip and what a great way to celebrate...Disney! Congratulations to her for being top of the class and a star athlete. You are such a gem for taking her!

My hubby has a used car lot and I help him out when I am not teaching. You are right, I either have a ton of time or NO time at all to sit and catch up on the Disboards. I am excited to read about your trip from last month.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:08 PM   #23
RHMH
When I retire, I want to get a real job and work for Disney

Location: Born In (Setagaya, Tokyo) Now Living In Fort Worth, Texas

Solana - Your TR makes my TR sound boring..I want to go back now!!!!! If you have POFQ pictures,DD and I may be in them. Who knows!!! Ha, Ha..

I remember the Chicken Ques. and Muffaletta. I wonder if POFQ delivers. Keep the TR coming, DD and I are having withdraws reading.

Special Thanks To The July 2014 Diser's - Click The Link - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3285857 Look -------- 2014 DLR July Diser's
DD's You Tube Channel --https://www.youtube.com/user/awesomecookie1010

Link to July 2014 Disneyland Resort Thread -- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3238071

DD 14 ME 55 April 2nd --24 yr old - Issac --------------- Us To Disney ---------------
WDW 2002, WDW 2003, Tokyo Disney 2003, WDW 2004, Paris Disney 2004, WDW 2005, WDW 2006, WDW 2007, WDW 2008, WDW 2009, WDW 2010, WDW 2011, WDW 2012, WDW 2013
(July 2014 DLR - Extended Stay America - Garden Walk Area)
Old 08-09-2012, 09:38 PM   #24
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

I missed your update today... Sigh - I think I need to be on your text list too.

I loved seeing your first pictures... I sure hope you loved POFQ as much as the girls and I did.

That sucks that your room wasn't ready when you got there - ours wasn't either, but we didn't have to wait long at all.

I loved that photo of you and Danni with Minnie and Roy - super cute photos. Gosh, I ahve been there how many times? And I never even noticed that? Sheesh... OK - definately need to go back now.

Can't wait to hear about the rest of it!

D~
Old 08-10-2012, 07:45 AM   #25
Disneychix
Is it summer yet?

I"m here to read along! I read your Feb TR with your beautiful family.

Can't wait for more!

"You ain't never had a friend like MEEEEEE"

May 2010 TR-39th B-Day full of surprises!

Come read my December 2009 TR!!
Old 08-10-2012, 09:30 AM   #26
solana131
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsiDAISY View Post
So glad your first park was MK!!!!! Can't wait to see what her first ride will be...
Like I said....it was the middle of the day at the busiest time of the year....the first ride wasn't a "thrill ride", but it was one of my alltime favorites and she loved it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachta1 View Post
Hi, I'm new to the boards and enjoying your trip report! Can't wait to hear what you did first and how you spent the rest of your time at WDW ):
Welcome! The DIS really does take some spare time, but it is SO worth it! I have met some great people on here and found a mountain of information that makes me a smarter Disney Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
I'm here to join in! Loving it so far, looks like it was an awesome time so far!
Welcome aboard! I'm alwasy glad to have new readers....I would do this TR even if nobody commented, but it sure makes it more fun when I know someone is reading

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
you are there.

I have to tell you that Muffaletta sandwich looks really, really good and has all my favorites on it (although I would pass on the relish.

I'm so happy MK was the first park...I think that was a wise choice with Dani.

Love the photos of you two with Roy and Minnie.

Can't wait to hear what the first ride will be.
But Kathy...if you take the olive stuff off, it isn't a Muffaletta

So, I have to admit....I didn't realize that wasn't Walt on that bench! Totally see it now, but I just assumed it was him and Minnie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFendi View Post
Yay! Your cousins first trip and what a great way to celebrate...Disney! Congratulations to her for being top of the class and a star athlete. You are such a gem for taking her!

My hubby has a used car lot and I help him out when I am not teaching. You are right, I either have a ton of time or NO time at all to sit and catch up on the Disboards. I am excited to read about your trip from last month.
Thanks, she is a special girl, and I wanted to go this summer anyway but couldn't convince hubby to go. So I went anyway without him
Wow! Your trip is coming right up! Hope it is a little less crowded for you. At least those July Brazilian tour groups will be gone.....I hope. Welcome to my TR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHMH View Post
Solana - Your TR makes my TR sound boring..I want to go back now!!!!! If you have POFQ pictures,DD and I may be in them. Who knows!!! Ha, Ha..

I remember the Chicken Ques. and Muffaletta. I wonder if POFQ delivers. Keep the TR coming, DD and I are having withdraws reading.
Oh Bob, your TR wasn't boring....we just have different styles. I really enjoyed yours too! I only have a couple FQ pictures for some reason. I think it is due to the fact that we didn't have time for a relaxation day and didn't spend a whole lot of time around the resort. It was just too hot for us to walk around and snap pictures. We did hit the pool a couple times, but I didn't bring my camera because I knew all the close seats would be taken and I'm not comfortable leaving valuables in the open out of my sight. So, I got a couple pics the day we walked up to Riverside, and a few of the room, but not much else.

Oh how I wish FQ could deliver....they could make a killing! And to have Kona food up here....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
I missed your update today... Sigh - I think I need to be on your text list too.

I loved seeing your first pictures... I sure hope you loved POFQ as much as the girls and I did.

That sucks that your room wasn't ready when you got there - ours wasn't either, but we didn't have to wait long at all.

I loved that photo of you and Danni with Minnie and Roy - super cute photos. Gosh, I ahve been there how many times? And I never even noticed that? Sheesh... OK - definately need to go back now.

Can't wait to hear about the rest of it!

D~
Sorry D~, I don't have a text list. Not cool enough to have hoards of followers like you! You'll have to check your subscriptions like "normal" DISers.

We enjoyed POFQ. Not as much as the Poly, and I hated waiting for buses for EVERYTHING, but it was nice. I would definitely try it again, and I want to try Riverside sometime too, but if my budget allowed, I would be on the monorail trail every time.

That photo spot is easy to miss because lots of times they have characters there. I think this was the first time I hadn't seen anyone there. I just had to get a pic while it was empty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneychix View Post
I"m here to read along! I read your Feb TR with your beautiful family.

Can't wait for more!
Welcome! Glad you liked the Feb TR We had such a wonderful first trip with great weather and low low crowds. This trip......a little different, but still fun. I missed having my little man with me. It felt "freeing" without worrying about him all the time, but you definitely miss a little of the Magic without a small child. Next time he will be there for sure!

Feb'12 TR: How do I go back to a world that doesn't have fireworks every night?
July'12 TR: July 2012. Yes it was hot. Yes it was crowded. Yes it was FUN!
August'13 TR: Mom...am I supposed to have shoes on??
Old 08-10-2012, 05:33 PM   #27
anjalee6
DIS Veteran

I know how you feel about the water park bus. On the way back to the airport we had a regular non-Disney looking Mears bus. It was so sad. I felt robbed.
Old 08-11-2012, 02:00 AM   #28
RHMH
When I retire, I want to get a real job and work for Disney

Location: Born In (Setagaya, Tokyo) Now Living In Fort Worth, Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjalee6 View Post
I know how you feel about the water park bus. On the way back to the airport we had a regular non-Disney looking Mears bus. It was so sad. I felt robbed.
I hear ya!! We also had a Mears Bus. The only thing thatwas remotely close to any Disney feel was the video. We felt robbed also.

Special Thanks To The July 2014 Diser's - Click The Link - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3285857 Look -------- 2014 DLR July Diser's
DD's You Tube Channel --https://www.youtube.com/user/awesomecookie1010

Link to July 2014 Disneyland Resort Thread -- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3238071

DD 14 ME 55 April 2nd --24 yr old - Issac --------------- Us To Disney ---------------
WDW 2002, WDW 2003, Tokyo Disney 2003, WDW 2004, Paris Disney 2004, WDW 2005, WDW 2006, WDW 2007, WDW 2008, WDW 2009, WDW 2010, WDW 2011, WDW 2012, WDW 2013
(July 2014 DLR - Extended Stay America - Garden Walk Area)
Old 08-11-2012, 07:04 AM   #29
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Count me in the Mears bus crowd. In all honesty though, we were so ready to go home, I honestly forgot it was a Mears bus until right this minute. LOL

D~
Old 08-11-2012, 05:39 PM   #30
Lidian
DIS Veteran

Am I forgiven for being so late to the party?

I am here now! And totally missing my favorite smilies! Ack!

Anyway, anxious to hear about your trip and what you did to beat the crowds!

May 2011 3rd Visit Surprise! (PTR) ~*~*~ May 2011: Year of the Surprises! (TR)
March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! (PTR) ~*~*~ March 2012: The Year I Survived Spring Break! (TR)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: