DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2012, 11:23 AM   #16
boiseflyfisher
I'm curious, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
It all depends on how many are in your party and *what you eat*. There are just the 3 of us, and we are vegetarian, and in a week at PPH we had ONE night where we could touch the hot appetizer. We have to be careful with ingredients, and Uncrustables are absolutely forbidden for DS and DH, thanks to the colors, corn syrup, and HFCS in them. Leaves us with fruit, *some* desserts, chips, and water, pretty much. Oh and coffee for me.
On our last trip the hot appetizer was something that dh could not eat due to his egg allergy. We were shocked when they ordered him up a special appetizer just for him! In all of our stays at PPH concierge, we never knew that they would do something like this. It might be worth checking into for your next stay.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:28 AM   #17
boiseflyfisher
I'm curious, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkraz View Post
Agree.

I don't mind splurging from time-to-time but that's a bit much for me. We recently returned from VGC and fed 8 people for 5 nights on $200 worth of groceries. That grocery tab included all of the beverages and snacks we ate for the week, all breakfasts, most lunches (lots of Uncrustables for the kids) and three pretty substantial dinners.

Sounds like it would have been around $1100-1200 for our group for concierge access. I'm all for a little pampering but I don't think I could pay 5-6x as much just to have Disney pre-thaw the Uncrustables for us.
I would probably consider it if staying in a studio where cooking would be very limited. If it is the same $115per day for 8 people staying in a 2br, that might not be an bad deal. That is less than $14.50 per day per person. I wonder if the price depends on the number of people staying in the villa per day or if it is just a flat villa rate no matter how big the villa and the number of guests.
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: