Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2012, 02:32 PM   #211
snarfieca
Mouseketeer

Thanks for posting your TR and wonderful pictures. I really enjoed them.
We're looking forward to our trip in Aug.

Brenda
from MB
snarfieca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:10 AM   #212
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarfieca View Post
Thanks for posting your TR and wonderful pictures. I really enjoed them.
We're looking forward to our trip in Aug.

Brenda
from MB
You are so welcome! I am glad you enjoyed it! I already started a PTR for the August Trip if you are interested in that

PTR Link for any interested parties!
AAshleySEG is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-17-2012, 02:59 PM   #213
ByTheBook
Disney Lover

Post-Cruise sightseeing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Lyn View Post
Do you have a website or contact info for the shuttle you used on disembarkation day? I'm looking for someone who will take our luggage and let us do some sightseeing before we head to the airport.
For whatever it's worth, we just took the Alaska cruise July 2-9. (It was awesome!) When we left the ship, we took a taxi downtown to the Westlake Center, from which we would be taking the train to the airport (fun, fast, and inexpensive!). I went into Nordstrom's which you can enter from either above ground, or from down in the train area. They have a Concierge who stored our luggage for us at no charge for a few hours so we could shop, walk around downtown, etc. We'd already been to Pike Place Market, but that would have been within easy walking distance.
ByTheBook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 03:09 PM   #214
ByTheBook
Disney Lover

Stateroom ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrutherford View Post
How did you make your magnets? What recommendations do you have for resizing the ears? And how do you request which places you want to eat at on which nights? We're going to be onboard for the September 10th repositioning cruise.
I am pretty new to these boards and can't figure out how to put a link from one board on another board! But if you can use this to paste into your browser, this has all styles of Mickey ears that can be printed out. It's called "Stateroom Mickey Ears and then some..." We put laminating sheets on the front of them and then attached them to the adhesive magnetic sheets from WalMart. They didn't all perfectly fit our door's stateroom number, but we had scissors and were able to trim them down. They were very cute and this artist has posted them for free!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2172891

By the way, Ashley, your information was very helpful and I really enjoyed seeing your great photography, even though we didn't see some of them until we got home! Thanks for sharing!
ByTheBook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 06:40 PM   #215
Luv_Tink
Mouseketeer

Ashley, thanks again for such a great trip report with so much valuable information.

Now, that I'm getting close enough to start thinking about our packing list I have a question about dining attire for Alaska. My DH wants to know if there were many people, especially men, wearing jeans to the dining rooms on the cruise casual nights.

TIA!

Previous Trips: 2000 Honeymoon at WDW Polynesian & Disney Wonder; 2003 Wilderness Lodge; 2004 Christmas at AKL & GF; 2005 Wilderness Lodge; 2006 Disneyland; 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska

In the Works: Christmas in the FW Cabins! Dec 13-26
Luv_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 01:03 PM   #216
cheryllarsen
Mouseketeer

Love looking at the pictures.
cheryllarsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:49 AM   #217
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv_Tink View Post
Ashley, thanks again for such a great trip report with so much valuable information.

Now, that I'm getting close enough to start thinking about our packing list I have a question about dining attire for Alaska. My DH wants to know if there were many people, especially men, wearing jeans to the dining rooms on the cruise casual nights.

TIA!
I didn't notice anyone wearing jeans, although I wasn't really looking for it either. Most of the people I saw in late dining (which we had) were dressed for dinner. I'm sure there may have been people, but for the most part I didn't really notice, I was too in the moment with everything going on to look at everyone else...LOL!
Old 08-07-2012, 11:42 AM   #218
MagicMegan
Earning My Ears

I love Chihuly! I went on a trip with college a few years back to see some of his stuff and fell in love. Glad this was the first TR I read after joining, it was great!
Old 08-07-2012, 06:51 PM   #219
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMegan View Post
I love Chihuly! I went on a trip with college a few years back to see some of his stuff and fell in love. Glad this was the first TR I read after joining, it was great!
Awww, Thank you so much! I am glad you enjoyed reading it! I thought the entire Chihuly Garden and Glass was spectacular! I think I would go back just to spend some more time there again!
Old 08-10-2012, 12:43 AM   #220
Escape2Disney
Friendly Neighborhood Disney Fanatic!

Thanks for sharing your trip report! We've just decided to do a Disney cruise in 2013, so I loved soaking up all of the details you posted!
Old 08-10-2012, 10:23 AM   #221
Misskitty3
DIS Veteran

Loving your trip report! I am only thru your first night on your cruise but so far, everything looks fabulous!

I also wanted to thank you for posting the details about he foodie/Pike Place tours you did. I live in Seattle and have been wanting to do one of those tours with DH --just for fun! After seeing your pictures and reading your comments I am going to sign us up!

We are also Tom Douglas fans! Yum!! When you comeback to Seattle, you need to try Lola which is right across the street from the bakery. The breakfasts you had looked amazing but I can definitely recommend Lola as an awesome place for breakfast too! Also, you must try Seious Biscuit.....amazing!

Okay....back to your trip report.....
Disneyland: Nov '14-Hojo's... June '13-Hojo's.....May '12-BWPPI...May ’09-Hojo’s…Oct ‘07–Grand Californian…Nov ‘06–Paradise Pier...June ’04–Disneyland Hotel...June ‘96-Anaheim Hilton…July ‘95-Carousel Inn…Aug ’92–Carousel Inn…July ’90-Embassy Suites…July ’89-Anaheim Hilton…May ’88-Penny Sleeper…May ’87-Penny Sleeper…April ’77 (?)…June ’76 - Disneyland Hotel….June ‘73 First trip ever to Disneyland!!!

WDW: July ’94 - Marriott Orlando World Center.…April ’94 - Marriott Orlando World Center….July ’86 - Marriott Orlando World Center….April ’86 - Marriott Orlando World Center
Misskitty3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 07:01 PM   #222
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misskitty3 View Post
Loving your trip report! I am only thru your first night on your cruise but so far, everything looks fabulous!

I also wanted to thank you for posting the details about he foodie/Pike Place tours you did. I live in Seattle and have been wanting to do one of those tours with DH --just for fun! After seeing your pictures and reading your comments I am going to sign us up!

We are also Tom Douglas fans! Yum!! When you comeback to Seattle, you need to try Lola which is right across the street from the bakery. The breakfasts you had looked amazing but I can definitely recommend Lola as an awesome place for breakfast too! Also, you must try Seious Biscuit.....amazing!

Okay....back to your trip report.....
You are so welcome about the Savor Seattle Tour stuff! I had such a blast doing it, I know other people would as well!! I can't wait to go back to Seattle to eat more food, it is a great town for it!!! Thanks for reading!!!
Old 08-13-2012, 03:12 AM   #223
tnbeth1972
Earning My Ears

Thanks!

Thanks so much for writing this trip report! We leave in two weeks on the Wonder and I can't wait. I haven't looked at anything other than the report, maybt tomorrow I can tackle the documents and videos.

One question...you guys are from NC, why are you Dodger fans? I'm originally from TN (living in western Washington at the moment) so I'm wondering why you're not a Braves fan? LOL

Thanks so much for sharing!!! Your photos are AWESOME!
tnbeth1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:24 AM   #224
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbeth1972
Thanks so much for writing this trip report! We leave in two weeks on the Wonder and I can't wait. I haven't looked at anything other than the report, maybt tomorrow I can tackle the documents and videos.

One question...you guys are from NC, why are you Dodger fans? I'm originally from TN (living in western Washington at the moment) so I'm wondering why you're not a Braves fan? LOL

Thanks so much for sharing!!! Your photos are AWESOME!
Ugh Braves! Well my DH's Dad's Family was from Brooklyn before they moved to NC so it was just passed down through the generations, being Dodger fans are in the blood. Not sure why living in NC qualifies us to be Braves fans since they are in GA two states south, technically we should be White Sox fans because the Charlotte Knights are their Triple A Team, but I digress funnily enough, we are going to Turner Field this Friday to watch the Dodgers take on the Braves before we go on our Dream Cruise

I appreciate what you said about my photos! That's makes me very happy! I hope you have a fabulous time on your cruise thanks again for reading!!
Old 08-17-2012, 10:08 PM   #225
poohluv2u
DIS Veteran

I have really enjoyed reading your trip report, it's got me so psyched for our Alaska trip coming up soon. Your photos have also been inspiring
Thanks for taking the time to post all of this, I'm off to watch your video, which I'm sure will be fantastic

}»<((((º>`·..·`·..·`·... If I am not upon the sea ... then planning a cruise on the DISboards, I'll be ...·`·..·`·...·`<º))))>«{

poohluv2u is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: