Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 11:43 AM   #196
neenersmom
Disney Lover For Life

WL October 2013 for us!

Just so far away
We love the lodge...only stayed there once back in 2009 and loved it. Stayed at the poly twice and love it too but WL just felt like home. Can't wait!

Old 08-09-2012, 12:53 PM   #197
JCTurner
Photographing the World one vacation at a time.

Hi Folks

Wanted to say hi to everyone. Myself, my wife and DS4 will be staying in WL for the first time from November 24th to December 9th.

Got all our ADRs made and cant wait to finally stay at the Lodge (albeit in a standard room)

Cheers

J
2011: Disneyland Paris HNY / 2012: Wilderness Lodge / 2015: Yacht Club
For more pictures visit my Flickr Gallery HERE !

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-09-2012, 12:56 PM   #198
cwt580
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTurner View Post
Hi Folks

Wanted to say hi to everyone. Myself, my wife and DS4 will be staying in WL for the first time from November 24th to December 9th.

Got all our ADRs made and cant wait to finally stay at the Lodge (albeit in a standard room)

Cheers

J
nothing wrong with std room if you dont spend alot of time sitting around on balcony.....

This next trip we booked Courtyard view just because its an all adult trip and will enjoy our view with a drink in the evenings.

ANY stay at the WL is special !!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-09-2012, 12:57 PM   #199
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi Folks

Cheers

J
Doen't matter what room type .... you are at WL!!!
Old 08-09-2012, 01:43 PM   #200
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkles View Post
Hi All!

Since our group had such a great time at VWL in May...I'm planning a surprise trip for me and hubby in January 7-10.

I was thinking about booking CL. Does anyone know if there are any discounts/offers available for this time? Is it worth it? We aren't planning on doing dining plan this time around since its a quickie trip.

Maybe looking into Poly too?
The only discount for that time that has already been released is the Military Salute discount of 40% for WL/CL. There will probably be an AP and/or general public discount released in the Fall for those dates. A great resource for info. on discounts is www.mousesavers.com and here on the DIS.

The Poly's CL Hawaii longhouse will be undergoing a rehab around that time so you probably can't book that, but you can check online for availability.

We think CL at WL is worth every extra penny. Once you stay CL though, there's no going back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLodgeLady View Post
Good morning Lodgers!

I'm getting there, lol. I just have to "refine" my choices tonight. My DH is pretty much done, although he threw me out of the room while he was packing because I was being a pain in the neck. He told me he could take care of it. I always have to give my 3cents, haha.

Tonight just finishing up and tidying up the house a little. And making sure to give the pups lots of quality time.

Thanks for the good wishes.
Tell your DH if he doesn't pack correctly, he'll have to borrow one of Mike's work shirts

Safe travels tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessesX3 View Post
Finally hit single digits! 9days!
LOVE those single digits

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaKay View Post
Kook,

I saw your question about upgrading to photopass plus and wanted to share my recent experience with doing just that.

My trip is not until the end of October. I previously purchased the advance sale photopass CD about 2 months ago. This week, I got to thinking about all the ride pictures and character meal pictures I would like to have and decided I really wanted the photopass plus.

I called the photopass plus number (407) 560-4300 and here is what I learned.

To get the discounted advance sale photopass plus, you must purchase it at least 14 days prior to the trip, because they actually mail you a voucher and a stock images CD prior to your arrival that you must have to obtain the photopass plus card.

They took my previous purchase and turned it into a credit. I then waited a couple of days and logged in and selected to purchase the photopass plus. I then paid the addition $70.

I received a notice that my order had shipped yesterday and will post an update if there is more to share once it gets here.
Thank you for helping GrandCalifornian! I ordered PP+ last week and I think it only took a couple of days to get here. I was surprised that you only get a voucher and you still have to exchange it for the PP+ card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
This is my nail color

And now the girls said they all want mani/pedi when I come back...ugh

Packed....hmm. not quite, bags are down from the attic, headphones in the knapsnack....3 texts from DH that he will pack himself...he is working until 3pm...

I really wanted to pack yesterday, but we took the kiddos out for ice cream instead
Love the color and it sounds like you do your best work under pressure, which is probably why you're an ER nurse and I'm not.

DH will be home soon - you better be packed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
I don't have any trouble packing ..... it's the unpacking .... ugh!!!
Can we trade?

Quote:
Cure for Disney depression: my rule .... never leave WDW without having another trip planned and booked is even better!
Great rule which I tried to implement before leaving. I tried to book Christmas and spring break today with the military rate, but the blackout dates were in full effect. (I also tried to change to a Deluxe room as an anniversary surprise, but of course it's not discounted). This spring break we were able to book with the 40% off even though it was originally blacked-out, but I had no luck today. Maybe they lifted the blackouts this year because they weren't filling the rooms and that's how I got the great rate over spring break?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian View Post
Perfect, thanks for the info. You gotta love the DISBoards, and this thread in particular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neenersmom View Post
Just so far away
We love the lodge...only stayed there once back in 2009 and loved it. Stayed at the poly twice and love it too but WL just felt like home. Can't wait!
It does seem very far now, but you have to look forward to the next step - making ADRs!
Quote:
Hi Folks

Cheers

J
Shall I add this to the Lodgers' Log on the first page? If you request a high floor in the North Wing, you can see some of Wishes
Old 08-09-2012, 02:28 PM   #201
PamelaKay
DIS Veteran

Quick non WL question

You all are so helpful, I thought I might ask a quick non WL question.

Has anyone done the afternoon tea at the GF? If so, what did you think of it and do you remember about how much it is?

Mar 2010 - AKL CL May 2010 - GF CL Nov 2010 - Dec 2010 POFQ and Poly CL
Mar 2011 - BWI, June 2011 CBR one night and split stay between WL and BCOct 2011 - POR and WL
March 2012 WL CL Oct 2012 WL CL and Dec 2012 WL CL
Mar 2013 YC CL, June 2013 Poly CL, Oct 2013 Hard Rock CL BWI CL and
Dec 2013 GF CL
Mar 2014 WL, June 2014 CR CL, and Oct/Nov 2014 WL CL
Old 08-09-2012, 02:41 PM   #202
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:

Has anyone done the afternoon tea at the GF? If so, what did you think of it and do you remember about how much it is?
I haven't done it, but I know a great bunch of folks over on the GF thread who can help you; I'll post your query there. It gives me a good excuse to say 'hi' to k&a&c'smom
Old 08-09-2012, 03:08 PM   #203
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

Just finished reading through all 14 pages ...

We're considering WL for our 2nd honeymoon/15th anniversary in (I hate to say I'm planning this early) September, 2014. It's a toss-up for me between WL, YC, OKW, and CSR. Every one of them offers something different! I want a place that is romantic, KWIM?

I was wondering about room service because we'll likely be doing this at least twice while we're there. If anyone has done in-room dining, I'd love to hear your experiences, particularly with breakfast.

We would be booking a standard room, requesting a high floor away from the lobby. I know requests aren't guaranteed, but I can keep my fingers crossed, no?

Anyhow, just wanted to say to KOOK for providing all the information on page 1. It really has me leaning towards WL (though I have tons of time to decide).

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:23 PM   #204
eacosper
Mouseketeer

OK so I keep adding ressies to our stay.... I think I have a problem. We now have a 3 something ADR for the Tea at the GF. We are scheduled to arrive at the WL around 2 (I just love tight schedules)

I think that the best way to get from the WL to the GF would be to take the boat to the CR and then the monorail to the GF. DH thinks that we should take a bus to the MK and then the resort monorail to the GF.

Ideas? Comments? Professional help? Bueller? Bueller?

Old 08-09-2012, 03:38 PM   #205
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatsFan View Post
Just finished reading through all 14 pages ...

We're considering WL for our 2nd honeymoon/15th anniversary in (I hate to say I'm planning this early) September, 2014. It's a toss-up for me between WL, YC, OKW, and CSR. Every one of them offers something different! I want a place that is romantic, KWIM?

I was wondering about room service because we'll likely be doing this at least twice while we're there. If anyone has done in-room dining, I'd love to hear your experiences, particularly with breakfast.

We would be booking a standard room, requesting a high floor away from the lobby. I know requests aren't guaranteed, but I can keep my fingers crossed, no?

Anyhow, just wanted to say to KOOK for providing all the information on page 1. It really has me leaning towards WL (though I have tons of time to decide).
You're welcome! It's so much fun to be able to host this fantastic site.

I've not ordered room service at WL, but you can pre-order and they will deliver at a specified time.

I think WL is very romantic and they even have carriage rides at FW. There are many cozy places to sit in the lobby and outside and the views of the lake are so relaxing. Have you thought about Artist Point for a special dinner? We're celebrating our 25th anniversary there - with DD!

Let us know what you end up booking

Quote:
Originally Posted by eacosper View Post
OK so I keep adding ressies to our stay.... I think I have a problem. We now have a 3 something ADR for the Tea at the GF. We are scheduled to arrive at the WL around 2 (I just love tight schedules)

I think that the best way to get from the WL to the GF would be to take the boat to the CR and then the monorail to the GF. DH thinks that we should take a bus to the MK and then the resort monorail to the GF.

Ideas? Comments? Professional help? Bueller? Bueller?

Anyone? Anyone? Love that Ferris Bueller quotation - thanks for the chuckle.

That is a tight schedule, but I think you and DH should part ways and see who gets there first. My vote is Blue Flag to CR then monorail to GF.
Old 08-09-2012, 04:04 PM   #206
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
You're welcome! It's so much fun to be able to host this fantastic site.

I've not ordered room service at WL, but you can pre-order and they will deliver at a specified time.

I think WL is very romantic and they even have carriage rides at FW. There are many cozy places to sit in the lobby and outside and the views of the lake are so relaxing. Have you thought about Artist Point for a special dinner? We're celebrating our 25th anniversary there - with DD!

Let us know what you end up booking

Anyone? Anyone? Love that Ferris Bueller quotation - thanks for the chuckle.

That is a tight schedule, but I think you and DH should part ways and see who gets there first. My vote is Blue Flag to CR then monorail to GF.

It's a race!!!
Old 08-09-2012, 04:20 PM   #207
eacosper
Mouseketeer

Quote:
It's a race!!!
The Amazing Race: Disney

Last edited by eacosper; 08-09-2012 at 04:22 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-09-2012, 04:26 PM   #208
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eacosper View Post
The Amazing Race: Disney
You were reading my thoughts!
Old 08-09-2012, 05:16 PM   #209
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? Love that quote, we use it often, too.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I haven't done it, but I know a great bunch of folks over on the GF thread who can help you; I'll post your query there. It gives me a good excuse to say 'hi' to k&a&c'smom
Hello, WL lovers! Good to see everyone! Hi back atcha, KOOK!

We LOVE the Garden View Tea, such a relaxing afternoon at the Grand. Beautiful room, quiet and serene, looking out on the gorgeous landscaping of the GF. We love it so much, we often book it twice in a trip.

The cost varies, depending on what you get. You can get things a la carte, or a set tea for a fixed price, whatever you like. Here is the menu from allears to help you with the selections. DD and I usually get the Buckingham Palace and add the Gentlemen's Platter to get a nice array of items. They will let you split a set tea, which is nice.

Enjoy!
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
Old 08-09-2012, 08:21 PM   #210
cecilia
Mouseketeer

watching you tube video of the villas the rooms look so dark ? do the rooms get any sun i love bright rooms or is it jut bad you tube video ?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: